Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/7/2022  11:02 AM
Philc1 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Philc1 wrote:Murray probably would have cost us RJ and multiple first rd picks. Rather have Brunson and the picks we got back in exchange for cap manuevering

Naw, I don't think it would've taken RJ. San Antonio was fine with Danilo. They might've taken Fournier. But it would've required 4 to 5 picks.

Gallo was an expiring contract. Fournier has 3 years left on his current deal.

EF has two years and a club option. And yes it matters.
Its not hard to google a players name with spotrac and get contract info.

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/7/2022  11:14 AM
Nalod wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:Is Draymond trying to drive Poole to greener pastures so that he can score a bigger extension? Wasn't that the same issue with KD?

My take is Draymond is fueled by emotion. The techs and suspension did cost them a chip. We forget he could not stop keep hitting players testicles.
He is a hof defensive wizard and has a voice. He thrives on being outspoken. He is Dennis Rodman without the flair. Disruptive ego centric.
Were Dennis could play well into his 30's being an athletic freak Draymond needs to stay in shape and stay slim. He was becoming irrelevant due to injury but finished strong last year.
I would not resign him nor woo him here. This is were SAC throws money at him and he gets a hard on for GSW who will "Do him wrong" an use that as fuel.

What did Poole say to Dray that set him off and was it warranted? Not to say you clock your teammate for that. Ever. But did Dray keep working it until Poole was baited?
I know Poole has a very "confident" personality.

The narrative I've heard is that Poole has been aloof with a huge extension on the horizon and a number of players on the team have taken note. No excuse to try and lay a teammate out, but not encouraging news from a team chemistry standpoint. I'm guessing they'll figure it out. Not sure how they'll manage all those looming extensions(Clarke, Klay, Dray).

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/7/2022  11:15 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:Is Draymond trying to drive Poole to greener pastures so that he can score a bigger extension? Wasn't that the same issue with KD?

My take is Draymond is fueled by emotion. The techs and suspension did cost them a chip. We forget he could not stop keep hitting players testicles.
He is a hof defensive wizard and has a voice. He thrives on being outspoken. He is Dennis Rodman without the flair. Disruptive ego centric.
Were Dennis could play well into his 30's being an athletic freak Draymond needs to stay in shape and stay slim. He was becoming irrelevant due to injury but finished strong last year.
I would not resign him nor woo him here. This is were SAC throws money at him and he gets a hard on for GSW who will "Do him wrong" an use that as fuel.

What did Poole say to Dray that set him off and was it warranted? Not to say you clock your teammate for that. Ever. But did Dray keep working it until Poole was baited?
I know Poole has a very "confident" personality.

The narrative I've heard is that Poole has been aloof with a huge extension on the horizon and a number of players on the team have taken note. No excuse to try and lay a teammate out, but not encouraging news from a team chemistry standpoint. I'm guessing they'll figure it out. Not sure how they'll manage all those looming extensions(Clarke, Klay, Dray).

2 teams that were in the finals are having some internal issues to say the least

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG

10/7/2022  1:48 PM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
10/7/2022  2:42 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Remember when Bobby Portis punched Mirotic in bulls practice, they never recovered from that and he left the whole league. To be honest if someone at work punched me like that, I'd never bury the beef!

BigDaddyG

10/7/2022  3:00 PM
Different eras for sure
BigDaddyG

10/7/2022  3:06 PM
smackeddog wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Remember when Bobby Portis punched Mirotic in bulls practice, they never recovered from that and he left the whole league. To be honest if someone at work punched me like that, I'd never bury the beef!

Yeah, that's gotta be awkward going to practice and having to look at the dude who sucker punched you. Dray is a bully. The only time he goes after guys his own size is when it's a guy who means too much to his team to retaliate.
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
10/7/2022  6:50 PM
smackeddog wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Nah man… live your best life!

BigDaddyG

10/7/2022  7:23 PM
ToddTT wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Nah man… live your best life!

What if you're best life is smacking a fool?
ToddTT
10/8/2022  6:08 AM
Clean
Member: #743
10/8/2022  4:24 PM

I will always have a special place in my heart for STAT. It was partly due to his injury history but he signed with us as a FA when no other star would.
ToddTT
10/8/2022  6:53 PM
Melo still not signed.

If Julius or Obi miss significant time, who’s filling in?

Hart? Reddish? Sims?

Clean
10/8/2022  7:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2022  7:11 PM
ToddTT wrote:Melo still not signed.

If Julius or Obi miss significant time, who’s filling in?

Hart? Reddish? Sims?

I always thought if we would have made the trade with the Jazz we would have signed Melo since we would have gutted our team. Since we did not make the trade we just have no space for him.

Clean
10/8/2022  9:40 PM

This might be the best thing the Knicks ever done. I know this is a gross exaggeration but I loved this movie as a kid.
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
10/9/2022  1:36 PM
Clean wrote:
This might be the best thing the Knicks ever done. I know this is a gross exaggeration but I loved this movie as a kid.

Back in 93-94 I was living out in LA and played against Shep at an indoor gym (I hadn't seen Above the Rim until a few months later). It was mostly filled with non-competitive players (middle-aged doctors) and Shep was better then most on the court. They all knew him as an actor (I didn't as was new to LA). Considering it was just one experience to judge - his attitude was poor as was his jumpshot. He was longer and more athletic then most on the court so he played well overall. When I finally saw Above the Rim it all clicked but I found it ironic that they featured him as the old man with a stellar jumpshot. He must have practiced or they used a lot of takes...

ToddTT
10/9/2022  2:40 PM
What the actual ****, NFL?

Why the hell are the New York Giants playing at 9:30AM on a Sunday?

Suck a ****, London.

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
10/9/2022  3:08 PM
ToddTT wrote:What the actual ****, NFL?

Suck a ****, London.

It was an amazing game!!

BigDaddyG

10/9/2022  3:10 PM
jskinny35 wrote:

Suck a ****, London.

It was an amazing game!!

No idea how they won, but I'll take it
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
10/10/2022  11:41 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
jskinny35 wrote:

Suck a ****, London.

It was an amazing game!!

No idea how they won, but I'll take it

Grit, great coaching and some luck!

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

10/10/2022  6:34 PM
Nalod wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Philc1 wrote:Murray probably would have cost us RJ and multiple first rd picks. Rather have Brunson and the picks we got back in exchange for cap manuevering

Naw, I don't think it would've taken RJ. San Antonio was fine with Danilo. They might've taken Fournier. But it would've required 4 to 5 picks.

Gallo was an expiring contract. Fournier has 3 years left on his current deal.

EF has two years and a club option. And yes it matters.
Its not hard to google a players name with spotrac and get contract info.

thanks for backing up my point

Around the NBA 2022-23

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy