[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If Ben Wallace can be effective as Center, Y not JYD.......
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
11/17/2004  12:52 PM
the one that really need to bring his (A) game is Lenny. JYD is a force and we should utilize what he can bring one way or the other.

Ben Wallace Position: F-C
Born: 09/10/74
Height: 6-9 / 2,06
Weight: 240 lbs. / 108,9 kg.
College: Virginia Union '96

JYD Position: F-C
Born: 05/10/73
Height: 6-9 / 2,06
Weight: 206 lbs. / 93,4 kg.
College: Georgetown '96

JYD has a better ofensive game than Ben Wallace, but Wallace has better hops than he does. Wallace is a great shot blocker, and I don't see why JYD can't be that same player. Give JYD similar minutes as Wallace, and he will perhaps do the same damages as Wallace. Once in Wallace's career, he wasn't knowned as Big Ben, but now he does. Work ethic and a little trust from his coaches, and now he is the man. Stop playing around Lenny, give JYD a starting position, and you will have a much more agressive unit on the court than what you have right now. I am talking about 48 minutes pure hustles.

Wallace anchors Detroit's defense and most of all his nonselfish attitude contaminates his team-mates.

JYD CAN BRING THOSE SAME INTANGIBLES.

My future lineup:

Marb
Crawf
TT
Kurt
JYD

Crawf
Penny
Ariza
Sweetney
Naser
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/17/2004  12:54 PM
i posted this on the other thread:

woah, JYD compared to Ben Wallace? come on now bro...the guy is a good role player, but will never be on that level...Wallace is just a beast on the boards & blocking shots, something JYD will never come close to being as good at, no matter how many minutes he plays...JYD's game is all about doing the little things, diving after loose balls, being a pest to the opposition on defense, bringing the intangibles off the bench to positively affect a game.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
MS
Member: #724
11/17/2004  12:58 PM
Get your head out of your ass please. JYD is 206, the size of many two guards, less than most threes, way smaller than 4s, and isn't that strong. Wallace has nearly 40 pounds on him, and much more athleticism.

Bippity10
Member: #574
11/17/2004  12:59 PM
Don't forget the key ingredient, Wallace has better hair.
I just hope that people will like me
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
11/17/2004  1:01 PM
Posted by Bippity10:

Don't forget the key ingredient, Wallace has better hair.
Its gotta be the hair.

Jokes aside, there is no way you can compare JYD to Ben Wallace. Ben Wallace is arguably the best defensive player in the league.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
diderotn
USA
11/17/2004  1:06 PM
He has better foot speed than Kurt and Naser combined. How do you know how bad he could do if he is not at least given the chance? Let me tell you, during Lenny's last year in Toronto, the team had a lot of players in IR, JYD was given the minutes at the 5, and that dude single handedly destroyed the Wizards when Jordan played with them. Don't look at his height, size, nor weight, look at the size of his heart. If everyone thought like you all did, Allan Iverson would have never gotten the chances that he did. Mugzee Bogue, Earl Boykins would not have been in this freaking league. It is time for you all to growup and accept the Knicks for what they are. We lack big able bodies, therefore we have to do with what we have. With Naser in the game our starters look so disinterested, because he can't do the litthe things that JYD can. Dive for the ball, pump the crowd, play good D, occasionally steal the ball, block shots. Give JYD a freaking chance, he could do better than Vinny and Naser.

my point is this, there is no way we can get a big man this season. All that our team is missing is pepper as ingredient. the receipe is good, but it needs a little spice. JYD can be the pepper. He can motivate guys like Marburry, Crawf, Kurt, and perhaps TT to stay in the flow of the game. Can't you all see, our players sleep walked in every game that we've lost this season. The game of basketball is a game of attitude, we don't have that in our lineup right now, but with JYD it would be a given. I am not saying play him at Center, Kurt can assume that role, but JYD needs to be on the court for 30+ minutes. I want him on there from start to finish, he can set the tone to what our team can be. If we are going to be an up and down, or hustling, or rebounding machine type of team, etc. That is what Ben does, he sets the tone. JYD would keep the crowd from falling asleep during game, because you never know when he will do something crazy. Rodman wasn't any better than JYD, NOW DO YOU THINK THAT RODMAN WAS BETTER THAN BEN WALLACE???

[Edited by - diderotn on 11/17/2004 13:17:16]
MS
Member: #724
11/17/2004  1:29 PM
Your comparing one of the better defenders of his era, and perhaps the best rebounder that the game has ever seen to JYD. Rodman was also 6'9ish
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/17/2004  1:34 PM
actually JYD is closer to 230-240. Also he has played center before. For Lenny. A few years ago the Raptor's were have a bad year. Vince was always banged up and he shut it down at the end of the year. The Raptor's then won something like 18 of 23 games and made the playoffs without vince. Their frontcourt was Mo Pete, Antonio and JYD. That year JYD started in 63 games and averaged just under 10/10. If you look at some sites he's still listed as a F-C because of that year. Jerome was a better center than Kurt ever was because he has tremendous upper body strength and he's got good quickness. He doesnt have Ben verticle leap or longer wingspan.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
diderotn
USA
11/17/2004  2:03 PM
Thank you Fish. About time some one with good sense take on this subject.
Posted by fishmike:

actually JYD is closer to 230-240. Also he has played center before. For Lenny. A few years ago the Raptor's were have a bad year. Vince was always banged up and he shut it down at the end of the year. The Raptor's then won something like 18 of 23 games and made the playoffs without vince. Their frontcourt was Mo Pete, Antonio and JYD. That year JYD started in 63 games and averaged just under 10/10. If you look at some sites he's still listed as a F-C because of that year. Jerome was a better center than Kurt ever was because he has tremendous upper body strength and he's got good quickness. He doesnt have Ben verticle leap or longer wingspan.
Bippity10
11/17/2004  2:36 PM
JYD at center, KT at center, Nazr at center, Sweetney at center, we would still have the same record.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/17/2004  2:40 PM
He probably could play emergency minutes at center, but it's ludicrous to compare any aspects of his game to Ben Wallace's game.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/17/2004  3:08 PM
Posted by Bippity10:

JYD at center, KT at center, Nazr at center, Sweetney at center, we would still have the same record.
yea.. thats about it in a nutshell. We need a good role player that can defend the position.

Regardless of this bad start and assuming we just stick w/ NAzr for the year I stick by my prediction of 45 wins and the Atlantic title. What this team needs is floor time together.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bippity10
11/17/2004  5:34 PM
That's the fundamental flaw with the Knicks. We don't have an inside prescence. We can argue all day long as to who would be better at center, KT, JYD, Nazr, Vin, Sweetney. Regardless we are still trying to win while being overmatched in the paint against most of the better teams. Maybe JYD helps us win 2 more games, maybe KT helps us win 2 more games at center. Regardless, is it really going to change who we are as a team. What will change our team is getting a shot blocking prescence that can hopefully move Nazr to back-up. That would instantly make us a better team. Unfortunately I don't feel the answer is on our bench. You are correct, I predicted 43-47 wins and I"m sticking to it regardless of how we play our first 10 games and regardless of who starts at center.
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/17/2004  5:36 PM
good idea. tell lenny
diderotn
USA
11/17/2004  11:05 PM
Until we can either draft or trade for a big man, we need to try to win games with what we have. However, we can't continue to utilize guys that will hamper our scorrers abilities to score. 3 scorrers + 2 defenders lineup is the way we should go.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/18/2004  6:53 AM
Nazr is actually playing pretty good right now IMO. If we're taking out a scorer, and throwing in a defender, why not replace TT with JYD?
diderotn
USA
11/18/2004  11:21 AM
Hey! I am all for that. We need a new attitude on the court. Like I said, if TT continues to struggle, replace him right away. the only thing that he really brings to the table is his scorring ability, and if that is not working, he is doing nothing but hurting us.
Posted by MaTT4281:

Nazr is actually playing pretty good right now IMO. If we're taking out a scorer, and throwing in a defender, why not replace TT with JYD?
If Ben Wallace can be effective as Center, Y not JYD.......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy