Time for Optimism
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/6/2022  9:21 AM
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:I agree, Cam was not in the plan when the trade was made. coach don’t decide certain trades and he is trying to win games and has to sub in all that yoot that proved worthy given injuries. Cam is yoot and Thibs don’t trust him yet. Lets just say Reddish rep is not that great either. But FO wants to give it a shot. Im ok with creating opportunities and given how many picks we have its ok to buy a player you can see and a bit further in the process. 19th picks should it convayed is not guarantee and perhaps if cam was a senior would he be worth that spot?

Here is optimism for you regarding the Cam-Knox trade. IMHO the Knicks FO pulled a VERY smooth deal in their own favor.

Knicks got Cam and a 2025 Brooklyn second round pick (and Solomon Hill who they let go). Atlanta got Knox and a CHA protected pick THAT NEVER TRANSFERRED, it's GONE.

Knicks literally got trade value for Kevin Fucking Knox.

This trade will only come full circle if they resign Cam to a contract and then have to use that 2025 second round pick to move him lol

That CHA pick never conveyed, not even into a 2nd round pick? Its gone like that?
if so, we need a parade of sorts and those salty on this need to be punished for their sins!

It also needs to be noted even if we let Cam go for peanuts, it was about getting a look at a player still with potential. His window might have come and gone.
I liked him in college. When zion was laid up he was inconsistant. That means he had some great moments/games too! You saw the potential. Its why he went lower in the draft. Yes, he is a more natural athlete than RJ and we nit pick RJ but sometimes undermine what he really is doing. His contract turns up the heat.
Cam has things to prove and demonstrate. Does Thibs really carry over everything from year to year?
Is going to be happy playing behind RJ for 15 a game? First things first. He has to win that spot and then kick ass, then he can be unhappy!
If so, wings are at a premium these days. We should get something in return despite his entering Restricted FA.
We can extend him if worthy. Long way to go before oct 31st!!!! I doubt we do that. If so, the logic will be interesting.

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/6/2022  9:31 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/6/2022  9:34 AM
Nalod wrote:
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:I agree, Cam was not in the plan when the trade was made. coach don’t decide certain trades and he is trying to win games and has to sub in all that yoot that proved worthy given injuries. Cam is yoot and Thibs don’t trust him yet. Lets just say Reddish rep is not that great either. But FO wants to give it a shot. Im ok with creating opportunities and given how many picks we have its ok to buy a player you can see and a bit further in the process. 19th picks should it convayed is not guarantee and perhaps if cam was a senior would he be worth that spot?

Here is optimism for you regarding the Cam-Knox trade. IMHO the Knicks FO pulled a VERY smooth deal in their own favor.

Knicks got Cam and a 2025 Brooklyn second round pick (and Solomon Hill who they let go). Atlanta got Knox and a CHA protected pick THAT NEVER TRANSFERRED, it's GONE.

This trade will only come full circle if they resign Cam to a contract and then have to use that 2025 second round pick to move him lol

That CHA pick never conveyed, not even into a 2nd round pick? Its gone like that?
if so, we need a parade of sorts and those salty on this need to be punished for their sins!

It also needs to be noted even if we let Cam go for peanuts, it was about getting a look at a player still with potential. His window might have come and gone.
I liked him in college. When zion was laid up he was inconsistant. That means he had some great moments/games too! You saw the potential. Its why he went lower in the draft. Yes, he is a more natural athlete than RJ and we nit pick RJ but sometimes undermine what he really is doing. His contract turns up the heat.
Cam has things to prove and demonstrate. Does Thibs really carry over everything from year to year?
Is going to be happy playing behind RJ for 15 a game? First things first. He has to win that spot and then kick ass, then he can be unhappy!
If so, wings are at a premium these days. We should get something in return despite his entering Restricted FA.
We can extend him if worthy. Long way to go before oct 31st!!!! I doubt we do that. If so, the logic will be interesting.

Never conveyed. Gone. No second round picks. Atlanta ended up with nothing outside of letting the Knicks have an additional 2nd round pick.

Knicks still have 1 year to see what Cam has.

Cam has super incentive to play out of his MIND

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
9/6/2022  9:45 AM
it will be really interesting how this team plays and what the starting unit looks like.

RJ/Randle took the most shots (by alot) and were the least EF% players on the team. They are both big guys, good defenders, and good bully ball options on offense, but Fournier and Brunson are much better EF% players so we will see how the offense looks. We also dont have a real #1 scorer. We have 4 #2 scorers... so there's plenty of firepower on the squad. IHart and Rose round out possible the best bench. Not sure who's got a better squad than Rose/IQ/Grimes/Obi/Hart and that doesnt include Cam. There's gonna be a lot of comp for minutes and when the coast stresses D and playing aggressive that's going to go well.

Looking forward to the year. I think people are sleeping hardest on Randle who's poised for a nice bounce back season

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/6/2022  11:16 AM
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:
martin wrote:

Never conveyed. Gone. No second round picks. Atlanta ended up with nothing outside of letting the Knicks have an additional 2nd round pick.

You mean hasn't conveyed yet?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
9/6/2022  11:52 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:
martin wrote:

You mean hasn't conveyed yet?

Dammit you are right, didn’t see that pick was traded to Spurs

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

9/6/2022  11:55 AM
martin wrote:I think the Knicks signed two vastly underrated jems: Brunson and especially Hartenstein.

Hartenstein gonna be Noah 2.0 with a three point shot a year from now.

Would love to see Hartenstein play at the 4 if he’s as good a shooter as advertised

EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
9/6/2022  12:34 PM
Philc1 wrote:
martin wrote:I think the Knicks signed two vastly underrated jems: Brunson and especially Hartenstein.

Would love to see Hartenstein play at the 4 if he’s as good a shooter as advertised

Small sample set. Has shown an ability to hit a trailing 3 from the top of the key. Not tested with volume at any level.

This is the Randle.
fwk00
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6048

9/6/2022  11:37 PM
EwingsGlass
USA
9/8/2022  7:39 AM
fwk00 wrote:

This is why we can’t have nice things.

This is the Randle.
Philc1
Member: #8897

9/10/2022  3:46 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

Small sample set. Has shown an ability to hit a trailing 3 from the top of the key. Not tested with volume at any level.

I’m hoping for Steve Novak- but he can actually do stuff besides hit a wide open 3

blkexec
Member: #748
9/10/2022  4:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/10/2022  4:19 PM
fwk00 wrote:

(From Martin) You are constantly stating things that you THINK are happening not what is actually happening.
There is this mental hump that many seem to have with Thibs. You don't even have to like him or his style but stating obvious things are are literally incorrect... I don't know what that is. Let me show you how:
(From Martin)
For the last 2 years, give or take, Thibs has played just about 10 guys with 2 full rotations. In his stints with Chicago and Minny, he played 9-10 guys consistently. Literally, WTF do you mean by "a coach that appears to play or want to play"? That's just you projecting something that does not meet reality.
Thibs literally appears to want to play 10 guys, not the opposite.

And I have the mental hump? Seems like my post is dissected like a science project but this guy literally said the same thing. Where’s the surgical knives and dissecting bolds with this guys perspective? WTF

I never thought Thibs was some great coach (maybe you did ok). Sorry if that’s your definition of a mental hump 🤣. If anything it’s the FO who hired him and they get the blame, not thibs. He’s an old dog who doesn’t have new tricks. He is what he is. Period!

Am I the only one not aloud to say something bad about your boy thibs? 🧐

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
martin
USA
9/10/2022  4:44 PM
blkexec wrote:
fwk00 wrote:

(From Martin) You are constantly stating things that you THINK are happening not what is actually happening.
There is this mental hump that many seem to have with Thibs. You don't even have to like him or his style but stating obvious things are are literally incorrect... I don't know what that is. Let me show you how:
(From Martin)
For the last 2 years, give or take, Thibs has played just about 10 guys with 2 full rotations. In his stints with Chicago and Minny, he played 9-10 guys consistently. Literally, WTF do you mean by "a coach that appears to play or want to play"? That's just you projecting something that does not meet reality.
Thibs literally appears to want to play 10 guys, not the opposite.

And I have the mental hump? Seems like my post is dissected like a science project but this guy literally said the same thing. Where’s the surgical knives and dissecting bolds with this guys perspective? WTF

I never thought Thibs was some great coach (maybe you did ok). Sorry if that’s your definition of a mental hump 🤣. If anything it’s the FO who hired him and they get the blame, not thibs. He’s an old dog who doesn’t have new tricks. He is what he is. Period!

Am I the only one not aloud to say something bad about your boy thibs? 🧐

Thibs is not my boy, quite frankly I don’t know what that is.

When you say things that are patently just wrong, it gets pointed out.

Don’t say dumb things and this won’t happen. It’s pretty simple.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

9/11/2022  9:15 AM
Enough negative talk. True Optimism.... Take your pick!

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
EwingsGlass
USA
9/11/2022  10:09 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:Enough negative talk. True Optimism.... Take your pick!

Now we are talking. Which is your favorite?

This is the Randle.
HofstraBBall

9/11/2022  10:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/11/2022  11:53 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:Enough negative talk. True Optimism....Take your pick!

Now we are talking. Which is your favorite?

Like watching IQ the most. Lots of energy. Like Grimes a lot as well. Think he is H2O-2. Just trying to manage my expectations. Get frustrated with the rest but think we have a lot of decent talent. They just need to play as a team.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

9/11/2022  12:15 PM
To me, it’s largely about who steps to the next level - there are a few young players who could conceivably take a leap. Will RJ play as an all star/alpha? Could Obi, IQ, Mitch, or Grimes become true impact players? I would expect the veterans to play at least close to their historical levels barring injuries. So throwing in the point guard Brunson I am optimistic for sure. The development of the young folks - and it would seem to be the litmus test year for the ones I mentioned as to what their ceiling might be - dictate how optimistic.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
9/11/2022  9:01 PM
I'm going to hang my ass out there that posters on this site are underestimating Randle's worth, taking about him like a salary dump or for a late first round pick. I think he's going to bounce off last year's lows and if he gets traded Knicks should get some value in return.
Bookmark that and I'll eat crow if I'm wrong.
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
9/11/2022  9:33 PM
Panos wrote:I'm going to hang my ass out there that posters on this site are underestimating Randle's worth, taking about him like a salary dump or for a late first round pick. I think he's going to bounce off last year's lows and if he gets traded Knicks should get some value in return.

Sign me up too. It wasn’t long ago that he made the Knicks relevant again. He had help, but he was THE MAN.

I have zero doubts he’s working his ass off to be more effective this season.

HofstraBBall

9/12/2022  7:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/12/2022  2:37 PM
ToddTT wrote:
Panos wrote:I'm going to hang my ass out there that posters on this site are underestimating Randle's worth, taking about him like a salary dump or for a late first round pick. I think he's going to bounce off last year's lows and if he gets traded Knicks should get some value in return.

Sign me up too. It wasn’t long ago that he made the Knicks relevant again. He had help, but he was THE MAN.

Do not think there are many on here that don't agree. It's just that the ones that are positive Obi is ready to start or don't like the speed of his ascension, are the ones more vocal. As are the ones that are still hurt by Randle's frustrated response to the crowd. Especially the ones that scream out vulgarities at every game but got their panties in a wad when he did the same. Despite what the bing bong crowd/ blog media say, the FO is not going to "Dump" Randle for scraps. They are pros.
Randle definitely needs to work on sharing the ball, do less dribbling up the court and better shot selection. But he has produced year after year and is still young. Obviously works hard in the off season. However, do feel this year will be a test to see if he can fit long term. As it is for several of our players.

My biggest hope is that RJ, JB and Randle all work together and speed up their touches. Many have not seen JB play, but he also has a tendency to look mostly for his offense, over dribble and hold the ball. Which means it will be a long season if they all do the same. Hoping they can make a commitment to setting each other up and making quick decisions with the ball. Think they can but it may take time. Especially because sometimes players over compensate and pass TOO much. Once they find a balance, they should transfer that individual ability into team success.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
9/12/2022  3:18 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
ToddTT wrote:

Do not think there are many on here that don't agree. It's just that the ones that are positive Obi is ready to start or don't like the speed of his ascension, are the ones more vocal. As are the ones that are still hurt by Randle's frustrated response to the crowd. Especially the ones that scream out vulgarities at every game but got their panties in a wad when he did the same. Despite what the bing bong crowd/ blog media say, the FO is not going to "Dump" Randle for scraps. They are pros.
Randle definitely needs to work on sharing the ball, do less dribbling up the court and better shot selection. But he has produced year after year and is still young. Obviously works hard in the off season. However, do feel this year will be a test to see if he can fit long term. As it is for several of our players.

My biggest hope is that RJ, JB and Randle all work together and speed up their touches. Many have not seen JB play, but he also has a tendency to look mostly for his offense, over dribble and hold the ball. Which means it will be a long season if they all do the same. Hoping they can make a commitment to setting each other up and making quick decisions with the ball. Think they can but it may take time. Especially because sometimes players over compensate and pass TOO much. Once they find a balance, they should transfer that individual ability into team success.

I don't know what forum you are reading, but on UK, every thread ends up in a salary dump trade of Randle.

Time for Optimism

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy