[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Time for Optimism
Author Thread
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
9/5/2022  10:04 AM
martin wrote:

DRose is one of the few vets I would love to have back. He’s a perfect mentor on and off the team and he adds value. Probably cuts into some of the yoots mins but not much. I believe deuce is the only player who might be impacted by Rose which is fine with me. As much as I want deuce to succeed I have to realize he’s not ready yet and will probably be a late bloomer.

But I want to see Grimes, IQ and Obi shine. With RJ and now Brunson leading the charge.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
AUTOADVERT
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
9/5/2022  1:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/5/2022  1:27 PM

Just a reminder that this guy is on our team. For all of the times I’ve said I want a guy like Mikal Bridges, gotta remember that this guy can have games that fill the board like this. And he is 23, is 6’8 with a 7’1 wingspan.

Finding minutes for him was one of our biggest offseason priorities. Might still be.

This is the Randle.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/5/2022  5:25 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:

Just a reminder that this guy is on our team. For all of the times I’ve said I want a guy like Mikal Bridges, gotta remember that this guy can have games that fill the board like this. And he is 23, is 6’8 with a 7’1 wingspan.

Finding minutes for him was one of our biggest offseason priorities. Might still be.

The onus is on him to learn how to be effective off ball. He8not going to get those iso situations often. Mikal is versatile enough to blend into any offense. I feel that Cam needs to grow into that
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
blkexec
9/5/2022  5:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/5/2022  5:38 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

The onus is on him to learn how to be effective off ball. He8not going to get those iso situations often. Mikal is versatile enough to blend into any offense. I feel that Cam needs to grow into that

I agree…..BUT….regardless how ready he looks to fans, thibs not playing him over the vets and especially over RJ. There’s no minutes for cam if thibs is the coach 😔

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
MS
Member: #724
9/5/2022  5:38 PM
Need to find a way to move Fournier to open up minutes for Reddish to see what he can bring to the table otherwise he’s going to languish and die on the bench.
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
9/5/2022  5:42 PM
MS wrote:Need to find a way to move Fournier to open up minutes for Reddish to see what he can bring to the table otherwise he’s going to languish and die on the bench.

Oh my god! They killed Cam! YOU BASTARDS!!!

nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
9/5/2022  6:12 PM
We traded Knox and a 1st rounder to Hawks that never conveyed.. so in essence is was a straight swap Knox for Reddish..
That was a great trade for the Knicks.
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

9/5/2022  6:29 PM
That dumb trade of the 19th pick for a future heavily protected pick, that the Knicks traded for Cam is still a dumb move. I get the team wants to punt but when trading out of a draft at least trade for a future pick that can be better then the one you gave up.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/5/2022  6:36 PM
blkexec wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

I agree…..BUT….regardless how ready he looks to fans, thibs not playing him over the vets and especially over RJ. There’s no minutes for cam if thibs is the coach 😔

Yeah, it makes you wonder why they made the trade in the first place. Hopefully Thibs had took time to look back at last season and realize all the lost opportunities for youth development. No one once to see Randle moping up and down the court with no energy.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/5/2022  7:06 PM
I think the Knicks signed two vastly underrated jems: Brunson and especially Hartenstein.

Hartenstein gonna be Noah 2.0 with a three point shot a year from now.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
EwingsGlass
USA
9/5/2022  7:07 PM
blkexec wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

I have him slotted as second chair SF. The guard situation is the hard part. It’s already spilling over into SF.

Brunson/Rose/IQ/McBride/Fournier/IQ/Grimes/Keels

And Technically Barrett are all fighting for those same minutes.

I think Reddish’s wingspan puts him in the conversation. But I would be looking to move on from some of the guards.

This is the Randle.
EwingsGlass
USA
9/5/2022  7:10 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:That dumb trade of the 19th pick for a future heavily protected pick, that the Knicks traded for Cam is still a dumb move. I get the team wants to punt but when trading out of a draft at least trade for a future pick that can be better then the one you gave up.

I might be the only person that is pro-Reddish. I think with a good camp he jumps the line on a lot of guys waiting for minutes.

I loved that trade. In fact, I proposed last offseason. There is a reason why the Lakers are trying to pry him away.

This is the Randle.
blkexec
9/5/2022  7:20 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:That dumb trade of the 19th pick for a future heavily protected pick, that the Knicks traded for Cam is still a dumb move. I get the team wants to punt but when trading out of a draft at least trade for a future pick that can be better then the one you gave up.

I might be the only person that is pro-Reddish. I think with a good camp he jumps the line on a lot of guys waiting for minutes.

I loved that trade. In fact, I proposed last offseason. There is a reason why the Lakers are trying to pry him away.

I love him as well….I also love deuce so not sure if that’s a good thing on this board at least. Question, who does he jump ahead of?

Brunson
Grimes
Fournier
RJ
Randle
Hart
Obi
IQ
DRose
Mitch

That’s your 10 man rotation. Who’s out?

EwingsGlass
USA
9/5/2022  7:51 PM
Brunson/Rose/IQ/McBride
Fournier/IQ/Grimes/Keels
Barrett/Grimes/Reddish/Hunt
Randle/Toppin/Sims/Reddish
Robinson/Hart/Sims

I’d guess depth chart looks like this, but Grimes is undersized at SF. Not sure if Grimes takes those minutes in the 2nd unit or not, but walking into camp, Reddish has to win that role.

That said, I think he has the ability to win those minutes. I know people are in love with Grimes, but I think we are overlooking what Reddish brings to the table.

This is the Randle.
wargames
Member: #6053

9/5/2022  8:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/5/2022  8:38 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
blkexec wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

Yeah, it makes you wonder why they made the trade in the first place. Hopefully Thibs had took time to look back at last season and realize all the lost opportunities for youth development. No one once to see Randle moping up and down the court with no energy.

Reddish for that price was a steal… literally and they made Atl send them a second rounder for Knox. I think he plays this year. I don’t think Thibs wanted to deal with incorporating him into the lineup while trying to scrape enough wins for a playin chance. This year he should have a defined role.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
blkexec
9/6/2022  12:29 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:Brunson/Rose/IQ/McBride
Fournier/IQ/Grimes/Keels
Robinson/Hart/Sims

I’d guess depth chart looks like this, but Grimes is undersized at SF. Not sure if Grimes takes those minutes in the 2nd unit or not, but walking into camp, Reddish has to win that role.

That said, I think he has the ability to win those minutes. I know people are in love with Grimes, but I think we are overlooking what Reddish brings to the table.

Us fans are not overlooking Cam, might be his coach or how the FO built this team.

But your first 10 are similar to mine. And cam falls into the 11th man spot in a fight with Sims.

We are simply too deep right now. A few vet trades will help like Fournier for example. The only problem is Fournier is our best shooter so that will hurt our outside shooting. Cam is more of a iso scorer when you need a bucket. And his defense is underrated.

Can’t go into the season with this roster, the way it’s constructed. Not with tight rotation Thibs at the helm.

Kemet
Member: #6148

9/6/2022  2:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/6/2022  2:28 AM
blkexec wrote:
Fournier/IQ/Grimes/Keels
Robinson/Hart/Sims

Us fans are not overlooking Cam, might be his coach or how the FO built this team.

But your first 10 are similar to mine. And cam falls into the 11th man spot in a fight with Sims.

We are simply too deep right now. A few vet trades will help like Fournier for example. The only problem is Fournier is our best shooter so that will hurt our outside shooting. Cam is more of a iso scorer when you need a bucket. And his defense is underrated.

Can’t go into the season with this roster, the way it’s constructed. Not with tight rotation Thibs at the helm.

I'm sure Cam Reddish will be 82 Games healthy to start his final season contract year.
Cam Reddish replacing Burks in D.Rose 2nd unit bench lineup will have Cam playing winning B,ball.
However, will coach Thibs run a 10 man rotation throughout the season if the team are playing above .500 b.ball having a 10 man rotation? Plus accept the game winning-players being the bench players chemistry?
Or will the Knicks FO and head coach want the starter players getting all the credit for every win?
How will Brunson get Barrett & Randle to screen/Pick for the Knicks spot-shooter Fournier?

Last season, my biggest problems with the Knicks were head coach Thibs game substitution, and the Knicks starter lineup after Kemba was taken out of the rotation (ugly 60 games).
Will Leon Rose & Thibs get on the same-page in the Knicks 2022-23 NBA season ???
Will Coach Thibs let bench players Quickley, Cam, and Toppin average above 20 minutes of playing time a game in the upcoming season ???

Chandler
Member: #6197

9/6/2022  8:31 AM

Thibs will insist he earn minutes but Cam at the 3 would be nice if he can handle the defense. I like (and have always preferred) RJ at 2 so he can play bully-ball. Can see Cam playing 4 situationally and RJ playing 3.

that said, until Cam starts earning minutes i see EF at 2 and RJ at 3

Grimes will have to earn minutes too

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/6/2022  8:33 AM
Kemet wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Fournier/IQ/Grimes/Keels
Robinson/Hart/Sims

I'm sure Cam Reddish will be 82 Games healthy to start his final season contract year.
Cam Reddish replacing Burks in D.Rose 2nd unit bench lineup will have Cam playing winning B,ball.
However, will coach Thibs run a 10 man rotation throughout the season if the team are playing above .500 b.ball having a 10 man rotation? Plus accept the game winning-players being the bench players chemistry?
Or will the Knicks FO and head coach want the starter players getting all the credit for every win?
How will Brunson get Barrett & Randle to screen/Pick for the Knicks spot-shooter Fournier?

Last season, my biggest problems with the Knicks were head coach Thibs game substitution, and the Knicks starter lineup after Kemba was taken out of the rotation (ugly 60 games).
Will Leon Rose & Thibs get on the same-page in the Knicks 2022-23 NBA season ???
Will Coach Thibs let bench players Quickley, Cam, and Toppin average above 20 minutes of playing time a game in the upcoming season ???

Thats the best Kemet optimism can muster! Yes, lots of questions for sure.
I agree, Cam was not in the plan when the trade was made. coach don’t decide certain trades and he is trying to win games and has to sub in all that yoot that proved worthy given injuries. Cam is yoot and Thibs don’t trust him yet. Lets just say Reddish rep is not that great either. But FO wants to give it a shot. Im ok with creating opportunities and given how many picks we have its ok to buy a player you can see and a bit further in the process. 19th picks should it convayed is not guarantee and perhaps if cam was a senior would he be worth that spot?

One cannot fault thibs for not developing players when calling for Obi, Grimes, Deuce, and IQ to supplant the vets.
He and the staff got them ready for prime time.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/6/2022  9:06 AM
Nalod wrote:I agree, Cam was not in the plan when the trade was made. coach don’t decide certain trades and he is trying to win games and has to sub in all that yoot that proved worthy given injuries. Cam is yoot and Thibs don’t trust him yet. Lets just say Reddish rep is not that great either. But FO wants to give it a shot. Im ok with creating opportunities and given how many picks we have its ok to buy a player you can see and a bit further in the process. 19th picks should it convayed is not guarantee and perhaps if cam was a senior would he be worth that spot?

Here is optimism for you regarding the Cam-Knox trade. IMHO the Knicks FO pulled a VERY smooth deal in their own favor.

Knicks got Cam and a 2025 Brooklyn second round pick (and Solomon Hill who they let go). Atlanta got Knox and a CHA protected pick THAT NEVER TRANSFERRED, it's GONE.

Knicks literally got trade value for Kevin Fucking Knox.

This trade will only come full circle if they resign Cam to a contract and then have to use that 2025 second round pick to move him lol

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Time for Optimism

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy