[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Time for Optimism
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/3/2022  11:34 AM
SergioNYK wrote:Nice breakdown but let's be real - we are lacking a lot of talent compared to the top 6 teams of the conference. I do think we can challenge for those last spots in the play-in and should finish right about that .500 mark. Maybe a little more if some guys surprise. We'll know more by Thanksgiving.

fors sure we are not top 6. That's not not easy to accomplish. Clev was ahead and went further.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
USA
9/3/2022  11:36 AM
Kemet wrote:Hard for me to find optimism for the Knicks 2022-23 season, even after reading all the Knicks fans post above ....
Last season the Knicks stayed 6 to 8 games under .500 throughout the season mainly from the Knicks coach poor team-defense.

The 2022-23 Knicks starter backcourt trio of players Brunson, Fournier, and Barrett will not best any of the back-court trio in the Atlantic division and may only out-perform 5 of the teams in the Eastern conference. That's a 5-9 record vs the eastern conference teams.

Has Randle ever co-existed well alongside a center in his NBA career?

How bad was the Cam Reddish trade ???
The Knicks gave up a final season contract player Knox, plus a 2022 first round pick, for an injury-prone player Cam Reddish asking to be traded before training camp.

Hard to find optimism in a team full of young players that don't get playing time !!!

Triple Xanax and some X and maybe you'll feel better?
Charlotte pick we got basically for little did not convey to a 1st. So lets not get salty. Knox was gone. Cut bait.
How bad was the Reddish Trade? Its incomplete.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/3/2022  12:42 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
wargames
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6053

9/3/2022  12:54 PM
Nalod wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:Nice breakdown but let's be real - we are lacking a lot of talent compared to the top 6 teams of the conference. I do think we can challenge for those last spots in the play-in and should finish right about that .500 mark. Maybe a little more if some guys surprise. We'll know more by Thanksgiving.

fors sure we are not top 6. That's not not easy to accomplish. Clev was ahead and went further.

We were lacking talent compared to most teams two years ago. The Knicks hopefully will be able to split the offensive load between Brunson, RJ, and Randle while also pushing to be the best defense in the league.

Basically the Knicks can still be a really good team if they focus on beating up the opponent every night.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
fwk00
Member: #6048

9/3/2022  1:14 PM
You want optimism. I'll give you optimism.

I hope Thibs is gone by Christmas. To hell with defense. Bring in an offensive minded coach and play nothing but gunners. Somebody will add value.

Stop starting any sentence with the words "Derrick Rose...". If he's playing the season is toast (which awkwardly might be the best thing to happen).

OWN the draft! Every transaction needs to bring back a pick or two. Get Randle, Fournier, Rose, Reddish (good lord to have a basketball IQ you need an actual IQ), McBride, Keels, Thibs and everyone in the FO outta here ( it just doesn't matter).

Play the G-League team the second-half of the year to ensure prime draft pick position.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/3/2022  3:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/3/2022  3:43 PM
Im optimistic because we've come a long way from Phil Jackson and his Triangle fetish. Endlessly hyping a player as the future of this franchise, who couldnt manage to get close to a double digit average. Who took it to the rim with the frequency of a lunar eclipse.

Making his first head coach a player with zero coaching experience at any level. Who was still playing. Giving Noah that ridiculous deal, even though he was a burnt out bench player at that point who couldnt stay healthy.

Phil sleeping through a workout, tweeting crap about his players from his ranch or wherever the F he was is all you need to know about Phil's time in NY. Not to mention his dead end groupies.

I will take this FO over that one any day of the week.

Nalod
USA
9/3/2022  6:40 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Im optimistic because we've come a long way from Phil Jackson and his Triangle fetish. Endlessly hyping a player as the future of this franchise, who couldnt manage to get close to a double digit average. Who took it to the rim with the frequency of a lunar eclipse.

Making his first head coach a player with zero coaching experience at any level. Who was still playing. Giving Noah that ridiculous deal, even though he was a burnt out bench player at that point who couldnt stay healthy.

Phil sleeping through a workout, tweeting crap about his players from his ranch or wherever the F he was is all you need to know about Phil's time in NY. Not to mention his dead end groupies.

I will take this FO over that one any day of the week.

When you put it this way, the future looks good as the past was dreadful! I try to find some positive from the era. Like his first choice was Kerr, and he wanted to trade KP at his peak. Mostly the end of star-phucking and no more trading away picks. I have driven Fish and gloria from my memory. They still married?

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
9/3/2022  7:28 PM
fwk00 wrote:You want optimism. I'll give you optimism.

I hope Thibs is gone by Christmas. To hell with defense. Bring in an offensive minded coach and play nothing but gunners. Somebody will add value.

Stop starting any sentence with the words "Derrick Rose...". If he's playing the season is toast (which awkwardly might be the best thing to happen).

OWN the draft! Every transaction needs to bring back a pick or two. Get Randle, Fournier, Rose, Reddish (good lord to have a basketball IQ you need an actual IQ), McBride, Keels, Thibs and everyone in the FO outta here ( it just doesn't matter).

Play the G-League team the second-half of the year to ensure prime draft pick position.

I believe you have confused the word optimistic with realistic.

This is the Randle.
martin
USA
9/4/2022  4:02 PM
martin
USA
9/4/2022  8:12 PM
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
9/4/2022  9:19 PM
ToddTT
9/4/2022  9:25 PM
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
9/4/2022  9:27 PM
martin wrote:

No Grimes?

This is the Randle.
ToddTT
9/4/2022  9:31 PM
ToddTT
9/4/2022  9:35 PM
ToddTT
9/4/2022  10:10 PM

The return of this guy.

ToddTT
9/4/2022  10:17 PM
martin
USA
9/4/2022  11:16 PM
Kemet
Member: #6148

9/5/2022  12:50 AM
Nalod wrote:
Kemet wrote:Hard for me to find optimism for the Knicks 2022-23 season, even after reading all the Knicks fans post above ....
Last season the Knicks stayed 6 to 8 games under .500 throughout the season mainly from the Knicks coach poor team-defense.

The 2022-23 Knicks starter backcourt trio of players Brunson, Fournier, and Barrett will not best any of the back-court trio in the Atlantic division and may only out-perform 5 of the teams in the Eastern conference. That's a 5-9 record vs the eastern conference teams.

The Knicks gave up a final season contract player Knox, plus a 2022 first round pick, for an injury-prone player Cam Reddish asking to be traded before training camp.

Hard to find optimism in a team full of young players that don't get playing time !!!

Charlotte pick we got basically for little did not convey to a 1st. So lets not get salty. Knox was gone. Cut bait.

"What can I say?" When it comes to Leon Rose (He's a sport scout!)
After two reckless offseason, and not getting on the same-page with the COY Thibs, plus trading for Cam Reddish when we were down 2 PG .. backup PG D.Rose was diagnosed for surgery, and coach took the Knicks starter PG Kemba out of the game rotation. Before Thanksgiving till the end of the season the Knicks had Burks as their starter PG. Red Flag!
The Knicks could've traded down for Ivey having McBride and two first rounder in the 2022 NBA draft.
Plus at the end of the season the Knicks needed Knox cap space empty to sign a Pick, and a decent FA.

Nalod
USA
9/5/2022  9:07 AM
Kemet wrote:
Nalod wrote:

"What can I say?" When it comes to Leon Rose (He's a sport scout!)
After two reckless offseason, and not getting on the same-page with the COY Thibs, plus trading for Cam Reddish when we were down 2 PG .. backup PG D.Rose was diagnosed for surgery, and coach took the Knicks starter PG Kemba out of the game rotation. Before Thanksgiving till the end of the season the Knicks had Burks as their starter PG. Red Flag!
The Knicks could've traded down for Ivey having McBride and two first rounder in the 2022 NBA draft.
Plus at the end of the season the Knicks needed Knox cap space empty to sign a Pick, and a decent FA.

Could have traded "DOWN" for Ivey? you know this?
Its easy to look back. What about the good season before? No, it was not sustainable but your agenda is often to cherry pick deficiencies and come up with easy to type solutions as if you know better.
Im sure Rose could have come up with some crazy trade to move up in the draft but at what price and if the kid does not pan out then what? And these kids need a few years to develop.

Rose we learned entrusted Rosas to lead the negotiations as he is tight with Zanic, the GM of the Jazz. Don't mean he or Danny was not in charge. Rosas might be a dick, but he has a rep for being a good basketball mind. So is Perry, Aller and Perrin. Can't say we know who was in and who was against, but at the end of the day we backed out.

Seems about every 5 months someone else wants out. There will be others.

Time for Optimism

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy