Time for Optimism
Author Thread
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

10/28/2022  3:13 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:BTW - in keeping with my optimism theme, I am calling out the Post. Their headlines are still pessimistic after Berman retires. Plenty of positives to highlight in last nights win and we are left with a reference to staving off a comeback (versus a pretty much dominant game) and a comment about Barrett “finally” hitting a 3. I mean, Randle dropped a monster game last night with 25 and 12 against the #1 draft pick. I mean, if there is a reason for the Knicks media policy — this is why. They are a clickbait tabloid.

You still read the Post?

Yup. I read everything I can find. Haven’t moved past the pay walls, but I absolutely love reading and talking about the Knicks.

What do you follow instead?

I get most of my Knicks news right here!

Breen and Clyde have said several times all Randle cares about is the win.
The team has shown a lot of heart early in the season. The Memphis game was heading towards a blowout and somehow it ended with Fournier missing an open corner 3. Thus far Rose has been under used. Once he gets his legs back, watch out!

AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/28/2022  5:13 AM
I personally think it's 'time to enjoy'. I don't want to attach any expectations to this. They look good and if they can beata couple of games against the elite teams maybe it will be unavoidable. All I know is they are good. Teams that get a lot of team assists and have few team turnovers, historically, win. That said, I just want to enjoy Knicks basketball. Pandemic season was playing with house money. Last season was crushing because I expected more. I expected these guys to be a play-in contender. They look like a playoff contender but I am just trying to enjoy the ride
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

10/28/2022  6:29 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:BTW - in keeping with my optimism theme, I am calling out the Post. Their headlines are still pessimistic after Berman retires. Plenty of positives to highlight in last nights win and we are left with a reference to staving off a comeback (versus a pretty much dominant game) and a comment about Barrett “finally” hitting a 3. I mean, Randle dropped a monster game last night with 25 and 12 against the #1 draft pick. I mean, if there is a reason for the Knicks media policy — this is why. They are a clickbait tabloid.

You still read the Post?

Yup. I read everything I can find. Haven’t moved past the pay walls, but I absolutely love reading and talking about the Knicks.

I still occasionally get the post but mostly to line kitty litter boxes

KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

10/28/2022  1:16 PM
I'm quite optimistic -- we finally got our goddamn point guard! How many years did we wander through the wilderness wondering what a top flight PG could do for the roster? Brunson probably is not a hall of famer but he has the leadership, make up, and skills that make everyone better -- including the coach.

Where I'm pessimistic is where media and fans go when we drop 3 of 4. You know - Randle and a #1 for Westbrook. Do whatever takes to get (fill in dumb idea). Optimistic though that the FO continues to ignore such nonsense.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/28/2022  1:50 PM
Philc1 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

You still read the Post?

I still occasionally get the post but mostly to line kitty litter boxes

How many cats do you have?

EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
10/28/2022  1:50 PM
KnickDanger wrote:I'm quite optimistic -- we finally got our goddamn point guard! How many years did we wander through the wilderness wondering what a top flight PG could do for the roster? Brunson probably is not a hall of famer but he has the leadership, make up, and skills that make everyone better -- including the coach.

Where I'm pessimistic is where media and fans go when we drop 3 of 4. You know - Randle and a #1 for Westbrook. Do whatever takes to get (fill in dumb idea). Optimistic though that the FO continues to ignore such nonsense.

Nope nope. Let's get the W against the Bucks and banish these thoughts. We have the greater depth than Milwaukee, they just have the best PF on the planet not named Randle. Keep him out of the paint and he becomes a mediocre jump shooter. Our second unit should tear theirs apart.

This is the Randle.
KnickDanger

10/28/2022  2:07 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:I'm quite optimistic -- we finally got our goddamn point guard! How many years did we wander through the wilderness wondering what a top flight PG could do for the roster? Brunson probably is not a hall of famer but he has the leadership, make up, and skills that make everyone better -- including the coach.

Nope nope. Let's get the W against the Bucks and banish these thoughts. We have the greater depth than Milwaukee, they just have the best PF on the planet not named Randle. Keep him out of the paint and he becomes a mediocre jump shooter. Our second unit should tear theirs apart.

All right man I believe you!

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/28/2022  3:04 PM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
EwingsGlass
USA
10/30/2022  8:15 PM
Welp. We tried.
This is the Randle.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/31/2022  7:13 AM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
KnickDanger

10/31/2022  11:24 AM
KnickDanger wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

All right man I believe you!

Sadly I was right…. 😕

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/31/2022  10:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/31/2022  10:20 PM
Still optimistic. Clearly we arent contenders yet, but we have the talent, and the picks to change that.
We have plenty of tradeable players on reasonable contracts, we aren't capped out into tomorrow.
We dont have to solve the perennial PG problem, so to speak.

In years past, the Knicks were hamstrung by the lack of picks, talent, and cap room. Most of it tied up in players who werent moving the needle enough to make a difference.

So while we will have some tough losses that highlight the fact that we arent contenders yet. The foundation is in place to make the necessary moves, to change that.

Philc1
Member: #8897

11/1/2022  7:32 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Still optimistic. Clearly we arent contenders yet, but we have the talent, and the picks to change that.
We have plenty of tradeable players on reasonable contracts, we aren't capped out into tomorrow.
We dont have to solve the perennial PG problem, so to speak.

In years past, the Knicks were hamstrung by the lack of picks, talent, and cap room. Most of it tied up in players who werent moving the needle enough to make a difference.

So while we will have some tough losses that highlight the fact that we arent contenders yet. The foundation is in place to make the necessary moves, to change that.

The idea is to be competitive and at least make the play in. The nets signed Durant because they weren’t perceived as a joke organization and they had just made the playoffs. The didn’t go far in the playoffs but at least they made it

Eventually within the next couple years some superstar will want to come here as long as we are playing competitively

EwingsGlass
USA
11/1/2022  7:56 AM
Taking your lumps is part of this league. Look at the Suns. They have one of the better balanced and more competitive teams in the league. They added Booker in 2015 and were consistently mediocre if not bad. They added Ayton which hasn’t been a revelation. But then they pulled the trigger on Chris Paul and it pretty much came together. Add Mikal Bridges and you have one of the most balanced starting line ups out there.

The Knicks need something (maybe a couple things) to click. The passing in the first 4 games was much better than the last two. I’m looking for the click.

This is the Randle.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/1/2022  3:44 PM

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
11/1/2022  7:21 PM
Good stuff

martin
USA
11/1/2022  9:19 PM
martin
USA
11/2/2022  11:17 AM

EwingsGlass
USA
11/2/2022  10:07 PM
Um. IQ grabbed 16 rebounds?
This is the Randle.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/2/2022  10:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/2/2022  10:13 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:Um. IQ grabbed 16 rebounds?

He was crashing the boards all nite.

Still optimistic after this loss because we have lots of picks, and good young players (like Quick) which we can offer up in a trade for an elite player. Dont believe its a case of overvaluing our players, as might have been the case in the past. We have talent, just have to make the pieces fit.

Time for Optimism

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy