Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/17/2022  1:52 AM
wargames wrote:
Nalod wrote:
wargames wrote:
martin wrote:
wargames wrote:Why even talk about the draft? We know they won't get anyone who is really good.

You got some strong PSD going on my brother

When is the last time they took BPA? Mitch in the second round after taking Knox at #8. This team with three first round picks is a nightmare.

Obi. he was not needed positionally. He was seen as a player who had dropped and was a surprise to be there for us.
Haliburton also fell and he was needed positionally. Im not saying we did the right thing. Hindsight tells us a lot looking back. But at that moment in time we took what was perceived as the BPA.

I thought it was Haliburton at that time. I am pretty sure there are threads of me freaking out when they didn’t take him, but you’re not wrong. OBI was highly thought of. Maybe we’ll see one day what he can do with consistent minutes.

Everyone was scratching their heads as we needed a PG and instead took the national player of the year. Draft was in october two weeks before season started. This was post covid bubble. Players did not get on court after play stopped and dare not get hurt.
Haliburton looked great but OBi was seen a potential steal.

Last night you see that randle man strength vs OBI fast breaking and long ranging game. We won so what ever is bugging RJ don’t matter but once the kid feels well knicks should start clicking more. In a good world Randle is teh 3rd option behind Brunson and RJ. In a perfect world he is 4th and thats a luxury world were knicks are a very good team! But lets get to that “good” world first.

AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
11/17/2022  8:51 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/17/2022  8:52 AM
Nalod wrote:
wargames wrote:
Nalod wrote:
wargames wrote:
martin wrote:
wargames wrote:Why even talk about the draft? We know they won't get anyone who is really good.

When is the last time they took BPA? Mitch in the second round after taking Knox at #8. This team with three first round picks is a nightmare.

Obi. he was not needed positionally. He was seen as a player who had dropped and was a surprise to be there for us.
Haliburton also fell and he was needed positionally. Im not saying we did the right thing. Hindsight tells us a lot looking back. But at that moment in time we took what was perceived as the BPA.

I thought it was Haliburton at that time. I am pretty sure there are threads of me freaking out when they didn’t take him, but you’re not wrong. OBI was highly thought of. Maybe we’ll see one day what he can do with consistent minutes.

Everyone was scratching their heads as we needed a PG and instead took the national player of the year. Draft was in october two weeks before season started. This was post covid bubble. Players did not get on court after play stopped and dare not get hurt.

Last night you see that randle man strength vs OBI fast breaking and long ranging game. We won so what ever is bugging RJ don’t matter but once the kid feels well knicks should start clicking more. In a good world Randle is teh 3rd option behind Brunson and RJ. In a perfect world he is 4th and thats a luxury world were knicks are a very good team! But lets get to that “good” world first.

I remember Obi being talked about as a potential #1 or #2 pick to Minnesota or golden state due to both teams looking for a more win-now player. I was a huge fan of Haliburton and still wish we took him. He’s a great player. But when Obi was on the board, he was perceived as a player who fell surprisingly far, and with Leon’s son being his agent, it felt like it was meant to be. I still think he will get extended this summer and the Knicks will kick the Randle/Obi can down the road further.

wargames
Member: #6053

11/17/2022  3:26 PM
Knixkik wrote:
Nalod wrote:
wargames wrote:
Nalod wrote:
wargames wrote:
martin wrote:

I remember Obi being talked about as a potential #1 or #2 pick to Minnesota or golden state due to both teams looking for a more win-now player. I was a huge fan of Haliburton and still wish we took him. He’s a great player. But when Obi was on the board, he was perceived as a player who fell surprisingly far, and with Leon’s son being his agent, it felt like it was meant to be. I still think he will get extended this summer and the Knicks will kick the Randle/Obi can down the road further.

I think they kick the road down on all the youth.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/18/2022  2:25 AM
Rumor is Kyrie is playing sunday and has met with anti defamation league and has gone “above and beyond” what was expected.
What is not known is whether he got circumcised in the time away.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/18/2022  7:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/18/2022  7:06 AM
Nalod wrote:Rumor is Kyrie is playing sunday and has met with anti defamation league and has gone “above and beyond” what was expected.

Isn't it called a lobotomy when it's done to the big head? I think Kyrie might have already met that requirement.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

11/18/2022  8:56 AM
Nalod wrote:Rumor is Kyrie is playing sunday and has met with anti defamation league and has gone “above and beyond” what was expected.

Rumor is Mel Gibson is casting Kyrie in Passion of the Christ reboot

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
11/18/2022  12:05 PM

I give it 2-3 weeks max before he does or says something else that is either just stupid or offensive.

BigDaddyG

11/22/2022  7:33 AM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
wargames

11/22/2022  7:49 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:

I like him. He might be a nice piece to put on the bench next to IQ long term. Hopefully his scoring will fall back to the early season lows or he won’t be there for the Knicks to draft.

BigDaddyG

11/22/2022  8:29 AM
wargames wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I like him. He might be a nice piece to put on the bench next to IQ long term. Hopefully his scoring will fall back to the early season lows or he won’t be there for the Knicks to draft.

I think his scoring output falls somewhere in between. He's like Josh Giddey with a first step. He could plug into a number of offensive schemes.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/22/2022  1:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/22/2022  1:35 PM
wargames wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Sarcasm? First off, like you said, no way will this kid be there for us when we pick unless we somehow get into the top 8. Second, is by some miracle we are able to get him, no way is this kid a bench player long term....Black reminds me of Cade but he is more athletic.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/22/2022  1:37 PM
BTW, Arkansas is must see tv this year! Black and Nick Smith are going to be putting on a show all year long.
BigDaddyG

11/22/2022  2:00 PM
Uptown wrote:BTW, Arkansas is must see tv this year! Black and Nick Smith are going to be putting on a show all year long.

Both would look good in the orange and blue. This draft is deep, especially with wing types, and I think they come away with at least one solid prospect. I still think the Knicks are a lottery team, just outside the playoffs, and you never know.

wargames

11/22/2022  2:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/22/2022  2:07 PM
Uptown wrote:
wargames wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Sarcasm? First off, like you said, no way will this kid be there for us when we pick unless we somehow get into the top 8. Second, is by some miracle we are able to get him, no way is this kid a bench player long term....Black reminds me of Cade but he is more athletic.

I just looked at his early stats his prior high was 10 pts. His other two games ended with him having 3 and 5. He had a game where he shot 1-7 and his 10 pt game saw him shoot 1-6 from 3. I said if he keeps it up he will go out the Knicks range but outside this game he was not looking like a top 10 let along a lottery pick.

Also side note between his push Shot and his Hair if you told me he was Joakim Noah’s kid I would absolutely believe you.

I like him next to IQ…

BigDaddyG

11/22/2022  6:25 PM
Lil bro looks like a good risk as an UDFA.
BigDaddyG

11/22/2022  6:28 PM
Someone say stretch big?
BigDaddyG

11/22/2022  6:58 PM
BigDaddyG

11/23/2022  7:34 AM
Man, this dude would fit in well with the current Knicks roster.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/23/2022  8:25 AM
What’s the deal with Jett Howard ? He hardly shows up on any mock drafts and he seems like an elite shooting big wing tailored made for the NBA.
wargames

11/23/2022  9:56 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:Man, this dude would fit in well with the current Knicks roster.

He keeps this up and we will have no chance to draft him.

2023 NBA Draft. The "Double Draft"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy