[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2023 NBA Draft. The "Double Draft"
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/5/2023  10:33 AM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/5/2023  4:41 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

I can see thibs falling in love.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/5/2023  5:02 PM
I saw an nba 1 st rd pick last night for providence. Bryce Hopkins big guy who can handle shoot rebound pass. But he’s big I’d say 6-8 240 strong and athletic. Probably a hybrid 3/4 in the nba
RIP Crushalot😞
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

1/6/2023  5:23 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:

He will be like Giddy several years ago. Started in the early draft range projected to be in our range only to rise due to skill level and size. With his size and wingspan and position will enter the lottery. I'd take a shot at him certainly.

BigDaddyG

1/8/2023  1:13 PM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knixkik
USA
1/9/2023  10:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/9/2023  10:16 AM

I’m waiting for this guy to get on the nba radar. He was a 5 star recruit who is putting up 1 and done numbers. Big combo guard who would remind you a little of Brogdon in terms of his skill set and body type. Not an elite athlete but gets to his spots. Outside shooting was considered a weakness but he has been shooting lights out this season. He plays for Woodson and is repped by CAA so I bet he’s on the Knicks radar as a first round development pick.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/9/2023  11:07 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/9/2023  11:08 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Caseloads
Member: #41
1/10/2023  9:04 PM
martin wrote:

dope. good fine. 4 years away though. shades of frankie baby
BigDaddyG

1/11/2023  8:39 AM
😱
Knixkik
USA
1/11/2023  10:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/11/2023  10:24 AM
The goal for the Knicks should be very simple. Find guys this draft who can knock down 3 pointers without getting run off the floor defensively. Guys need to be switchable defensively and at least hold their own. As the initial wave of draftees settles, most of those options look like Gradey Dick, Max Lewis, Colby Jones, Jordan Hawkins, Jett Howard, Kris Murray, Rayan Rupert, Jalen Hood-Schifino, and Taylor Hendricks. There’s 9 guys who are wings or combo forwards projected in the late lottery to late first round who appear to have the ability to shoot and hold their own defensively. Knicks will need to peel back more layers to figure out which of those guys who ends up being available has the most upside and is most nba ready.
Caseloads
Member: #41
1/11/2023  12:48 PM
I'm liking Brandon Miller. Feels like KD to me. Deep draft.

What ever happened with Dyson Daniels? Did he progress into anything?

Knixkik
USA
1/11/2023  5:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/11/2023  5:27 PM
Caseloads wrote:I'm liking Brandon Miller. Feels like KD to me. Deep draft.

Let me say, I’m questioning this “deep draft” narrative that has been built up without much merit. We know the top 2 guys could be transformative. After that it’s become a lot of unknowns. The Thompson twins are given the benefit of the doubt as the next guys, but neither can shoot and it’s still hard to judge the g league path. As for college, no one has been dominating. No star freshman or big breakout sophomore. This draft will have guys, but I think it’s less definitive than anticipated. It was supposed to have 6-7 franchise guys. After the top 2, it’s a bunch of guys who have flaws and haven’t produced consistently. Look at what RJ did his freshman year at Duke. He’s easily the third pick right now and the best college freshman. This draft may be great, but it’s underwhelming based on the hype so far.

Brandon Miller puts up numbers and has been the best freshman by default. Should be top 5. Very good shooter and good size but may have trouble getting to the basket in the nba. Could be like a glen rice big wing though.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/11/2023  5:38 PM
Knixkik wrote:

Let me say, I’m questioning this “deep draft” narrative that has been built up without much merit. We know the top 2 guys could be transformative. After that it’s become a lot of unknowns. The Thompson twins are given the benefit of the doubt as the next guys, but neither can shoot and it’s still hard to judge the g league path. As for college, no one has been dominating. No star freshman or big breakout sophomore. This draft will have guys, but I think it’s less definitive than anticipated. It was supposed to have 6-7 franchise guys. After the top 2, it’s a bunch of guys who have flaws and haven’t produced consistently. Look at what RJ did his freshman year at Duke. He’s easily the third pick right now and the best college freshman. This draft may be great, but it’s underwhelming based on the hype so far.

Brandon Miller puts up numbers and has been the best freshman by default. Should be top 5. Very good shooter and good size but may have trouble getting to the basket in the nba. Could be like a glen rice big wing though.

yeah it doesnt look great for the lottery crew. Not sure I see the top tier as very good either, but by deep I think you will see a lot of guys who "can play"

Maxsey was the one who got away but Knicks have done a really good job w/ Grimes/Sims/McBride/IQ at the back of these drafts. Looks like a good draft to have late options in and/or of course trade around and pick up 15 extra conditional picks

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knixkik
USA
1/11/2023  10:04 PM
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

yeah it doesnt look great for the lottery crew. Not sure I see the top tier as very good either, but by deep I think you will see a lot of guys who "can play"

Maxsey was the one who got away but Knicks have done a really good job w/ Grimes/Sims/McBride/IQ at the back of these drafts. Looks like a good draft to have late options in and/or of course trade around and pick up 15 extra conditional picks

Yes there will absolutely be great rotation players available for the Knicks picks. And just because these guys don’t dominate college doesn’t mean they won’t be good nba players. I haven’t watched a ton of college this year but have seen all of the top tier guys play and no one has really impressed me. I will say, maxwell Lewis has impressed me and would be a nice wing player for us to draft. Also Jalen hood-Schifino is impressive. Just guys I have seen that I like in our range. Lewis could rise though.

BigDaddyG

1/12/2023  12:51 PM
Baba has finally entered the building. Looked real rusty, but you can see the tools.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/12/2023  1:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/12/2023  1:31 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:😱

That is a filthy nasty dunk.

Can we hire him as a coach for iHart?

TPercy
Member: #5748

1/13/2023  10:30 AM
Wow I think this is the first year I've been so out of loop with draft prospects. Who are some good players at PG/SF who are worth looking at?
The Future is Bright!
TPercy
Member: #5748

1/13/2023  10:34 AM
Knixkik wrote:

This is the sense I got from begining of the season. I don't buy either of the thompsoon twins and that brandon miller guy is a pipsqueak
The Future is Bright!
BigDaddyG

1/13/2023  10:58 AM
TPercy wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

This is the sense I got from begining of the season. I don't buy either of the thompsoon twins and that brandon miller guy is a pipsqueak

Brandon Miller can go either way. If gains strength and better iso moves he can be real good. Personally, I'm seeing a Trey Murphy III type. The Thompson twins are real boom or bust. They're athleticism and first steps are off the charts. Their Js will determine if they ever reach star level.

2023 NBA Draft. The "Double Draft"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy