[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2023 NBA Draft. The "Double Draft"
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/28/2022  11:48 AM
Tankathon has us taking him with the Dallas pick.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
12/28/2022  11:34 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Tankathon has us taking him with the Dallas pick.

Definitely can score but I don’t see the fit here with the major defensive concerns. He doesn’t have a position defensively. He will be a bench spark in the league though.

BigDaddyG

12/29/2022  7:04 AM
Knixkik wrote:

Definitely can score but I don’t see the fit here with the major defensive concerns. He doesn’t have a position defensively. He will be a bench spark in the league though.

I see a guy who can possibly guard three positions. He has the strength and quickness to make plays. He's about the same size as Ron Arrest.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knixkik
USA
12/29/2022  8:48 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I see a guy who can possibly guard three positions. He has the strength and quickness to make plays. He's about the same size as Ron Arrest.

He really doesn’t have the quickness (at this point) for nba guys. He’s really struggled defensively at the college level. Like any player though, an nba team will have to evaluate if his poor defense can be corrected with proper coaching or if there’s just limitations. He’s big but not in the way artest was.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/29/2022  3:30 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
12/29/2022  3:37 PM
Knixkik
USA
12/30/2022  7:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/30/2022  7:55 AM
martin wrote:

Walsh is a project but he’s got that OG- type game for those who are targeting that type of player. He would fit the culture Knicks are currently trying to establish. I’d be happy with a plug and play shooter like Gradey Dick or Jett Howard with one pick and using the second on a guy like this.

BigDaddyG

12/30/2022  10:46 AM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

Walsh is a project but he’s got that OG- type game for those who are targeting that type of player. He would fit the culture Knicks are currently trying to establish. I’d be happy with a plug and play shooter like Gradey Dick or Jett Howard with one pick and using the second on a guy like this.

Walsh reminds me of a quicker Landry Fields. Definitely someone to keep an eye on in the latter part of the draft. A lot of boards have Dick over Howard but I have them even. Dick has a higher floor, but Howard has a higher ceiling. I'm also keeping an eye on Maxwell Lewis. The tools are there, he just needs a bit more refinement.
Knixkik
USA
12/30/2022  5:17 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

Walsh reminds me of a quicker Landry Fields. Definitely someone to keep an eye on in the latter part of the draft. A lot of boards have Dick over Howard but I have them even. Dick has a higher floor, but Howard has a higher ceiling. I'm also keeping an eye on Maxwell Lewis. The tools are there, he just needs a bit more refinement.

Yup all 3 are great options.

Knixkik
USA
12/31/2022  9:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/31/2022  9:38 AM

I’m really surprised Jordan Hawkins hasn’t received more first round buzz. He’s one of the best players on one of the best teams in the country and is a lights out shooter. He’s also pretty athletic and has defensive tools. Not much off the dribble but he has a nice pull up jumper. Picture perfect release and off ball movement. Seems tailor made for the nba as a role player. If his case continues to build I think he could be a nice fit here.

BigDaddyG

12/31/2022  1:21 PM
Knixkik wrote:

I’m really surprised Jordan Hawkins hasn’t received more first round buzz. He’s one of the best players on one of the best teams in the country and is a lights out shooter. He’s also pretty athletic and has defensive tools. Not much off the dribble but he has a nice pull up jumper. Picture perfect release and off ball movement. Seems tailor made for the nba as a role player. If his case continues to build I think he could be a nice fit here.

I've seen him get some buzz. There are just a lot of scoring guards in this year's glass and scoring alone isn't enough to separate from the rest of the pack.

BigDaddyG

12/31/2022  1:23 PM
Man, I'm not sure about his NBA prospects, but this guy is one of the most fun players to watch in college basketball.
Knixkik
USA
12/31/2022  9:32 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I've seen him get some buzz. There are just a lot of scoring guards in this year's glass and scoring alone isn't enough to separate from the rest of the pack.

To me he’s the second best shooter besides Gradey Dick when it comes to the elite prospects. He’s a better athlete than most of the pure shooters and has some defensive upside with the length and quickness. These guys typically gain momentum as the year goes, I’m just surprised it hasn’t happened so far. He looks like a prototypical NBA wing out there who can play in an nba rotation instantly.

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

1/1/2023  3:59 AM
Knixkik wrote:

No thanks he went to Dematha
The Future is Bright!
BigDaddyG

1/1/2023  11:01 AM
Knixkik wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

To me he’s the second best shooter besides Gradey Dick when it comes to the elite prospects. He’s a better athlete than most of the pure shooters and has some defensive upside with the length and quickness. These guys typically gain momentum as the year goes, I’m just surprised it hasn’t happened so far. He looks like a prototypical NBA wing out there who can play in an nba rotation instantly.

I think the size (he looks 6'4" ish) is the reason he hasn't pushed through yet. And he's not really a playmaker or paint scorer. Compare him to someone like Jett Howard who can offer tertiary playmaking and possibly give you defense across 3 positions. He potentially offer way more utility and is pretty close as a shooter.

martin
USA
1/2/2023  10:14 PM
martin
USA
1/2/2023  10:16 PM
martin
USA
1/3/2023  9:14 AM
Knixkik
USA
1/3/2023  7:25 PM
martin wrote:

This is a good list. And he mentions Colby jones. I saw him play and he reminds me of Josh hart in terms of what he could be at the nba level. That’s a good option for us.

BigDaddyG

1/4/2023  12:39 PM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

This is a good list. And he mentions Colby jones. I saw him play and he reminds me of Josh hart in terms of what he could be at the nba level. That’s a good option for us.

Taylor Hendricks would be a nice gamble with that Mavs pick. He seems like the prototypical Raptors pick.

2023 NBA Draft. The "Double Draft"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy