[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Slowly, slowly, Tiny Timmy is finding his game.
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
11/18/2004  10:01 AM
You see, I have a feel for basketball that in my opinion is exceptional. I don't really have to watch a game to actually tell how good or bad some players have done. I use the internet and read between the lines to judge what really is going on in our camp. Feel for the game, I can tell when a player was agressive and not by the amount of FT that he has taken. I can tell when a player was passive by the amount of shots selection and by how many rebounds that he has collected. Next but not least, I listen to the game through the radio. I know that it is not the same as watching it, but a true sport lover will find ways to get into the game in whatever ways or means necessary. I can also tell when Lenny has done a good job and not.

The reason I ask is you have a lot to say abou the games and players, but you have to see it, not just read the media or the stats. For the most part, Azira makes things happen that don't show up in the stat sheets, and Gay-z brings litte than his 33% shooting, and transparent effort.

Craw is scoring, and the box score shows he too is shooting poor, but seeing the game you can see his selection can be awful.

There are some nice runs thru the game and you can see what potential the team has. They are a work in progress.

You can also see how valuable KT can be. Sweets shows flashes and WILL be a rock one day.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/18/2004  10:03 AM
Posted by diderotn:

You see, I have a feel for basketball that in my opinion is exceptional. I don't really have to watch a game to actually tell how good or bad some players have done. I use the internet and read between the lines to judge what really is going on in our camp. Feel for the game, I can tell when a player was agressive and not by the amount of FT that he has taken. I can tell when a player was passive by the amount of shots selection and by how many rebounds that he has collected. Next but not least, I listen to the game through the radio. I know that it is not the same as watching it, but a true sport lover will find ways to get into the game in whatever ways or means necessary. I can also tell when Lenny has done a good job and not.

I can't believe I am reading this. Are you serious?

If yes, I'll just skip over your posts from now on.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
11/18/2004  11:18 AM
Panos! Genious! you know that before television, radio was the most popular way to listen to sports. If you didn't know that, ask your mother or father if they are still around.
The true Knickabocker..........
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/18/2004  11:36 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Panos! Genious! you know that before television, radio was the most popular way to listen to sports. If you didn't know that, ask your mother or father if they are still around.

you got a feel for stats and shots put up? I was laughing cuz I thought that was well crafted sarcastic reply, but Your freaking serious?

Before there was tV, the NBA had like 6 teams and was a minor sport.

I thought there was a disconnect in yourposts, but now I understand.

deebo
Member: #740
11/18/2004  11:46 AM
You know, IMO this slump that TT is going through is deeper than you all think. (And yes, I've seen all the games.) I really think that he is scared to take it to the hoop and be aggressive because of the J. Collins foul in the first round of the playoffs last year. It's like he starts off by driving to the hole and then pulls short like he doesn't want any part of the paint.
Don''t sleep!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/18/2004  12:31 PM
Posted by deebo:

You know, IMO this slump that TT is going through is deeper than you all think. (And yes, I've seen all the games.) I really think that he is scared to take it to the hoop and be aggressive because of the J. Collins foul in the first round of the playoffs last year. It's like he starts off by driving to the hole and then pulls short like he doesn't want any part of the paint.

Excellent point! The NBA is a dangerous place, thats why they get paid the big bucks.

Some guys will kill you to earn the financial security. Once there, they don't want any part of it. Its a problem.

If Gaze is all we have read about his IQ being low, infidelity (rumor, only rumor), and the cushy side of being a multi millionare, to things you cant'always control like marriage and sick parents. Being a pro is being able to handle adversity like the latter.

If these guys cannot handle it, walk a way man, walk a way.
Bippity10
Member: #574
11/18/2004  12:57 PM
I would not doubt that the Collins incident had an affect on him. His reaction was so harsh and then his lack of action so obvious when they played the Nets that I do think it's still in his head. But I think there are a lot of outside factors in Tim's head and that is why he has never reached his potential.

Diderotn: I had a rec league game last night. I went to the line 14 times. By your analysis that means I was very aggressive. Actually I was playing with a sprained ankle and could not go to the hoop. I was forced to play because we only had five guys. I was limping so bad and was so useless that my teammates were calling me the designated dribble renewer(I was only there when other guys lost there dribble and I would just hand it back to them). But fortunately as the PG when we were up late in the game I was able to go to the line a bunch of times when the other team was intentionally fouling me. I ended the game with 16 pts although I was 1-2 from the field. You can't tell unless you watch the game. And if you follow politics you should know by now that the media manipulates everything so don't go by the papers.
I just hope that people will like me
Slowly, slowly, Tiny Timmy is finding his game.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy