[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Slowly, slowly, Tiny Timmy is finding his game.
Author Thread
Bippity10
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #574
11/17/2004  12:54 PM
I think Lenny was right, TT was trying to hard. I know TT is not Michael Jordan but I'll use Michael as an example. Michael was great because he had extreme confidence in his gifts and understood the limits of his and his opponents ability. If a 6-2 guard was playing D on Michael, Michael wouldn't waste his time doing spin moves, crossovers and driving the ball to the teeth of the defense. Why would he? He would just post up, get as close to the basket as he could and take a simple practice turn around jumper with little effort. He would put the onus on the defender to play great D. Doesn't matter how good a defender you are if you are giving up 4 inches you are in trouble. Just ask KT. Kt played great D last night and still gave up 17 pts.

TT does not trust his size and athletic ability. Ginobli is a great defender and TT still may have gone 5-15 if he tried my method. But in the long run if you want to be efficient that's how you play. TT was trying to drive on Ginobli and make these great moves and was driving into the teeth of the defense which continually led to turnovers. In other words he was working far to hard. He's 6-10, and a good post up player. Ginobli is 6-6. Get in the post, hold the ball high and Ginobli would have no chance.
I just hope that people will like me
AUTOADVERT
Bippity10
11/17/2004  12:57 PM
In summary TMS is correct. He played hard last night(which was encouraging) but his lack of knowledge of his game and Ginobli's game killed his efficiency.

Thinking like this is what seperates supreme players from guys with immense talent that end up as role players, on the bench or in the NBDL. Some of the greatest players in the world will never sniff the NBA because they simply do not understand how to exploit their advantages.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
11/17/2004  4:00 PM
We're in a tough early stretch of the season; it's easy to understand that the less mentally tough players would have problems right about now.

The most ironic thing is that Shandon Anderson could play more effectively than TT has thus far this season.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Stevo718
Member: #559
11/17/2004  5:18 PM
I have to disagree, T.Thomas just shows absolutely no signs that he will ever change his game.

Slumping in basketball for a week is like slumping in baseball for half a season. Great players never slump for longer then a few games but I guess T.Thomas is not a great player.

It's just so frustrating because at times he makes these plays that sometimes are so effortless and graceful but they are rare and far in between. There just comes a point when you have to just give up and look for a trade.

His IQ was registered at 82 btw. He needs a coach to drill him the basics... like they are teaching him the multiplication table. He can't make rational decisions on his own so I think he needs a coach constantly telling him what to do.

Bippity10
11/17/2004  5:56 PM
As the self-professed greatest jumpshooter in the history of the world I disagree with you. In all seriousness, if you are a jumpshooter you understand how hard it is to come out of a slump once you go into one.

You are right, great players don't go into slumps, and that is what makes thim great, but I really haven't heard anyone say TT is a great player. He has great potential but he is far from a great player. He is a role player, and role players do go into slumps. Anybody else remember the three week awful shooting slump KT had last year(where he didn't rebound either) where everybody was saying he was finished and should be traded?

82 IQ? What are your sources?

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/17/2004  6:08 PM
where everybody was saying he was finished and should be traded?

So basically at any time before November?
Stevo718
Member: #559
11/17/2004  6:12 PM
My source is my idiot detector... jk.

But seriously for a "role player" all he does is score. He plays no defense, no post ups, no rebounds, no steals... omg I'm describing Allan Houston.

We have one guy that does all that already and his name is AH.

I give T.Thomas half the season to produce or else I say no more excuses, deal his ass out.

T.Thomas and Sweetney for a big center.
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
11/17/2004  6:41 PM
Posted by Stevo718:

His IQ was registered at 82 btw. He needs a coach to drill him the basics... like they are teaching him the multiplication table. He can't make rational decisions on his own so I think he needs a coach constantly telling him what to do.

Where did you hear this? Isn't that kind of low?
https:// It's not so hard.
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
11/17/2004  10:29 PM
He can stop looking, I found it...

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/17/2004  10:39 PM
Thank you for the laugh.
NineMike2Whiskey
Member: #732
11/17/2004  10:47 PM
If he thought Ginobli's tough, wait till he squares up with Jim Jackson guy's built, don't see how Tiny Softy Timy could back him down even if he wanted to.
Bippity10
11/17/2004  11:37 PM
I really don't hear anyone making excuses for Tim. Most people have been relentless with the criticism and justifiably so. My only point is that this is who TT is. I have no doubt that he will bounce out of this slump and then at some point bounce back into it etc, etc.

It's like if we had KVH in the playoffs last year and when he slumped, people on this board being surprised and frustrated by it. You know it's coming so why be frustrated.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/17/2004  11:41 PM
Posted by diderotn:

why is that? is it because of conditioning or desire??? I didn't have a chance to watch the game, so I can't comment too much on his performance. Let's not forget that Ginobli is a pretty good defender, specially when he knows that TD and Rasho are back there protecting the lane. San Antonio can make any team look bad.

Last night I was both discouraged and encouraged by TT's play. Let's not mince words, the guy played horrible last night. He had a guy 4 inches shorter than him guarding him last night and he's trying to force drvies. Just get in the post and turn around and shoot over him. Unfortunately TT has never developed that understanding of his own size and strength. But I was encouraged by his aggressiveness on the offensive end(even with the bad results). All players have shooting slumps, his problem has been a lack of aggression. But last night despite all his flaws at least he kept at it. If he can continue that over the next few games he will definitely bust out of his slump. Problem with TT is that he has a hard time sustaining efforts like that.

Dude, How many games you actually have seen this year?
Bippity10
11/17/2004  11:47 PM
All of them, what's the point?
Bippity10
11/17/2004  11:53 PM
I'm curious to know what you find wrong with what I typed.
NineMike2Whiskey
Member: #732
11/18/2004  12:07 AM
Posted by Bippity10:

I guess it's the old half full/empty argument. Some ppl see the ****ty play that Tiny Timy is producing as evidence that he's gonna stink up for the rest of the season some just think that he will shoot his way out of this slump and end the season strong.

Nalod
USA
11/18/2004  9:20 AM
Posted by Bippity10:

I was asking Dideron how may games he saw. Not you. I guess I got your quote stuck in there with his.

diderotn
Member: #650
USA
11/18/2004  9:23 AM
Hopefully, tonight will be my first. I live in Maryland, and they don't show the Knicks on T.V.

Posted by Nalod:
Posted by Bippity10:

I was asking Dideron how may games he saw. Not you. I guess I got your quote stuck in there with his.
The true Knickabocker..........
Nalod
USA
11/18/2004  9:33 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Hopefully, tonight will be my first. I live in Maryland, and they don't show the Knicks on T.V.

Posted by Nalod:
Posted by Bippity10:

The reason I ask is you have a lot to say abou the games and players, but you have to see it, not just read the media or the stats. For the most part, Azira makes things happen that don't show up in the stat sheets, and Gay-z brings litte than his 33% shooting, and transparent effort.

Craw is scoring, and the box score shows he too is shooting poor, but seeing the game you can see his selection can be awful.

There are some nice runs thru the game and you can see what potential the team has. They are a work in progress.

You can also see how valuable KT can be. Sweets shows flashes and WILL be a rock one day.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/18/2004  10:00 AM
KVH update for us Masochists:
Van Horn had 23 pts, 5 assists, and 6 rebounds against the heat last night.
He's averaging over 20 ppg. and 9.3 RPG. And I think he got named Nike Baller of the week.

Slowly, slowly, Tiny Timmy is finding his game.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy