[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Slowly, slowly, Tiny Timmy is finding his game.
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
11/17/2004  7:05 AM
PLAYER POS MIN FGM-A 3GM-A FTM-A OFF DEF TOT AST PF ST TO BS PTS
TIM THOMAS F 33 5-15 2-2 3-3 3 5 8 0 3 0 5 0 15

Come to think about it, these are not bad numbers by Tiny Timmy at all. He made a lot of mistakes while trying to force the issue, but it is hopeful to know that he grabbed about 8 boards and went to the line 3 times. I sure hope that he could do better, but I can accept that little performance from him; it is much better than what I have seen so far this season. Over all, our players were shooting the ball poorly. Penny and Sweet were the only ones with good percentages. I would say this to TT, continue to drive to the basket and collect about 6 fouls from the opponent per game. He needs to layoff shooting and penetrate a lot more. If after 10 shots he is not shooting %50, he should stop shooting and drive the ball to the basket.

[Edited by - diderotn on 11/17/2004 07:13:53]
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
MS
Member: #724
11/17/2004  8:41 AM
God posts like this really annoy me, number one he shot 5-15 which is terrible against smaller defenders all night, he was forcing his shots and not looking for his teamates, he almost commits an offensive fall every time he goes to the hoop, not to mention he had 5 turnovers

He help seal the knicks fate with two terrible plays in a row, then the bitch doesn't get back on defense, he is a cancer, doesn't try never will.

And Isiah needs to sit Crawford down and tell him this isn't Chicago or the play ground, he is the worst decision maker i have ever seen in a knicks uniform, and that says a lot when childs was the pg, and starks who never met a shot he wouldn't take played here.

He messes around with the ball and then throws up off balanced shots having no regard for his teamates.

Lets not even mention the backcourt might as well not even cross half court because Steph, Craw play no D. If not for Kurt Thomas we might not win 30 games
diderotn
USA
11/17/2004  8:56 AM
Well, from what you are saying, we need to get rid of TT, Crawf, and Marburry all together. Listen, I was only pointing a few positive things that this dude did last night. I also mentioned some of the things that he did wrong. Frankly, I don't even believe that he should be a Knick any further, but who is going to trade for this dude right now? We need to encourage him as much as we can right now.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/17/2004  8:58 AM
Posted by MS:

God posts like this really annoy me, number one he shot 5-15 which is terrible against smaller defenders all night, he was forcing his shots and not looking for his teamates, he almost commits an offensive fall every time he goes to the hoop, not to mention he had 5 turnovers

He help seal the knicks fate with two terrible plays in a row, then the bitch doesn't get back on defense, he is a cancer, doesn't try never will.

And Isiah needs to sit Crawford down and tell him this isn't Chicago or the play ground, he is the worst decision maker i have ever seen in a knicks uniform, and that says a lot when childs was the pg, and starks who never met a shot he wouldn't take played here.

He messes around with the ball and then throws up off balanced shots having no regard for his teamates.

Lets not even mention the backcourt might as well not even cross half court because Steph, Craw play no D. If not for Kurt Thomas we might not win 30 games

I can't agree more with this post. Right on.
Regarding TT, he had 10 missed shots and 5 TOs. That was 15 opportunities where he could have found a teammate... but you know what, he had ZERO assists.
MS
Member: #724
11/17/2004  9:04 AM
And Marbury may be the best passer in the game, its just that Naz may be the worst finishing center in the league, he can't go straight up has no strength to finish at the basket, the is the exact reason the knicks need a center who plays a little bit of D, defends and rebounds, if he is athletic and can dunk the ball he will get 4 easy hoops at least every game.

And as fun as Crawford is he doesn't know the team concept and would be better served as a point guard, so lets hope he continues to play well and then eventually we can move him, not giving up, put his style is to similiar to Marbury's for them to coexist
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/17/2004  9:11 AM
He had 15 and 8. Isn't that like a typical Keith Van Horn performance? He even had 4 fourth quarter points. Isn't that like 4 more than Keith usually gives?
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/17/2004  9:31 AM
I knew a post like this would pop up.

and I also said that you will see Timmy talking stuff about what the team needs to do like he always brings it himself....

Timmy is slowly, slowly finding a way to get himself traded.

Talk all you want about his off the court problems with his family.....he's still out having affairs. Both reports are not even legit. I got 14 million reason not to give a shyte.

If I had family problems God forbid but I would have to suck it up and be ready for work everyday unless something tragic happened. I would still only get a week then have to come back to work. I personally do not make 14 million dollars a year. I barely make 40,000. If I was paid 14 million dollars family problems are not as bad as if I was getting the 14 million every year.

Play hard for your 2 and 1/2 hours then worry about your family. Simple as that. You could ask the team to allow you to fly to where you family is for a night and then make it back for the Houston game. You can move your sick sister ro whoever to your house in NY so you can see her every time you are in NY.

Question: while he is grieving so much about his family when does he have the time to see his mistress?

Play ball!!!!

He played terrible last night. I don't see anyone on the Spurs that can contain Timmy. Why didn't he have a better shooting night? He is the face of the Knicks not Marbs or Houston or Craw......

What's also terrible?........Ariza barely played. That to me is bullshyte.

Trade Timmy!!!!!

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/17/2004  9:34 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

He had 15 and 8. Isn't that like a typical Keith Van Horn performance? He even had 4 fourth quarter points. Isn't that like 4 more than Keith usually gives?

Keith is averaging 20 & 10 this year & is a career 17 & 7 player...he's simply a better player than TT, i don't see where the argument is there...15 & 8 is actually alot better than TT's career averages, which pretty much tells you who the better player is.

those 4 fourth quarter points don't mean alot when your team is losing by double digits & the game is pretty much sealed at that point...i would have much preferred if TT had actually PLAYED in the 2nd half like he cared instead of leaving his game in the lockerroom at halftime & played some solid defense instead of letting Manu & Barry torch the Knicks when the game was still within reach...TT played well in the 1st half but had a terrible 2nd half last night...part of the reason the Knicks lost was due to all the turnovers committed by TT & his missing 2/3 of the shots he took last night.

for that matter, Stephon Marbury had a terrible game as well & played no defense at all...Tony Parker did whatever he wanted out there.

the only player who played a solid game all around was KT...he had a great game...Sweetney & Ariza showed their inexperience last night, they didn't do much to impact the game at all.

[Edited by - TMS on 11/17/2004 09:36:15]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Silverfuel
Member: #268
USA
11/17/2004  9:35 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

If I had family problems God forbid but I would have to suck it up and be ready for work everyday unless something tragic happened.
Its not as easy as you are making it sound. It can be hard for some people to "SUCK IT UP" and go about their daily business. If he has some family problems, move him to the bench and bring him back once he recovers.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
EnySpree

11/17/2004  9:40 AM
Posted by MS:

And as fun as Crawford is he doesn't know the team concept and would be better served as a point guard, so lets hope he continues to play well and then eventually we can move him, not giving up, put his style is to similiar to Marbury's for them to coexist

you might be right.....that hurts too because I like Craw.....It still starts and ends with Timmy. If Timmy stepped up then Marbs and Craw look alot better.

Yeah Nazr is annoying. He is talented but one night it seems like he is great then the next night he can barely function.

All I ask for is guys to bring it everynight. Too many time especially down the stetch of game Marbs and Craw have too much pressure on them to produce.

I hate Allan Houston too but there is no denying that he will make his jumpshots. He will be aggressive and score from the outside. That to me will be a big help.

Timmy is the poison of this team. He needs to make his moves faster and just be the man. Go to the basket......no one at the small fwd position can mess with Timmy because of his size.

Timmy is the worm making the Knicks rotten. Even Keith Van Horn knew that if his jumper wasn't falling to force his way on the drive and make something happen.

Trade Timmy.

[Edited by - enyspree on 11/17/2004 09:54:20]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

11/17/2004  9:52 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by EnySpree:

If I had family problems God forbid but I would have to suck it up and be ready for work everyday unless something tragic happened.
Its not as easy as you are making it sound. It can be hard for some people to "SUCK IT UP" and go about their daily business. If he has some family problems, move him to the bench and bring him back once he recovers.

exactly......

but we are talking about basketball here.

example from my life.....my sister passed out in school at the begining of October. She just blanked out on the way back to her dorm room after class. She spent 3 days in the hospital and is still going through tests because she keeps having these types of episodes. The doctors think it's her heart.

I haven't seen my sister since September. Why? Because my job would not allow me to miss time like that....I would have to call out sick and probably will not get paid for the time I miss. She's only in Long Island. Even on my off days from work I can't go see her.

After all that I still have to go to work.

here's another quick example.......my son's mother was in the hospital for 2 months after the birth of my son because of a staph infection. Do you think I got time off? I didn't get paid a total of 4 days because I just called out sick just so I could take the baby to see her.

this is the difference between 14 million dollars a year and 40,000.

Trade Tim Thomas.
Silverfuel
USA
11/17/2004  9:58 AM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by EnySpree:

exactly......

example from my life.....my sister passed out in school at the begining of October. She just blanked out on the way back to her dorm room after class. She spent 3 days in the hospital and is still going through tests because she keeps having these types of episodes. The doctors think it's her heart.

I haven't seen my sister since September. Why? Because my job would not allow me to miss time like that....I would have to call out sick and probably will not get paid for the time I miss. She's only in Long Island. Even on my off days from work I can't go see her.

here's another quick example.......my son's mother was in the hospital for 2 months after the birth of my son because of a staph infection. Do you think I got time off? I didn't get paid a total of 4 days because I just called out sick just so I could take the baby to see her.

Trade Tim Thomas.
You are lucky you can deal with misfortunes that well but not everyone is that good at it. My grandfather died a couple of years ago. My father didn’t show any emotion but my uncle was devastated. He couldn’t stop thinking about it for months. It’s just how different people deal with situations differently.

All I am saying is that if TT’s problems are stemming from some family problem, give him time to recover but once he does, he will be much better.
spreeeewell
Member: #436
11/17/2004  10:22 AM
Tim Thomas is F------ garbage! I've been saying this from day 1. this team was flowing well with Van Horn & Doleac,there was no need to tamper with the chemistry,even Kurt was flowing with his pick and roll.I hated that trade and to top it off Tim gets his ass slam to the floor and then picks a verbal fight with the wrong player.the best player from the other team no less...trade him for a bag of chips & a coke, or bench his A--.....
I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees!
EnySpree

11/17/2004  10:26 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by EnySpree:

exactly......

Trade Tim Thomas.
You are lucky you can deal with misfortunes that well but not everyone is that good at it. My grandfather died a couple of years ago. My father didn’t show any emotion but my uncle was devastated. He couldn’t stop thinking about it for months. It’s just how different people deal with situations differently.

All I am saying is that if TT’s problems are stemming from some family problem, give him time to recover but once he does, he will be much better.

I know what you are saying.

I'm just frustrated. To me Timmy is the key to the Knicks sucseeding. Just benching him is no good.

This San Antonio game was lost because Timmy didn't show up. The Spurs too me are not that good. The difference with them is their guys play harder. Not physically but mentally. The Knicks collapsed in the second half.

Right now I'm down to bench Timmy too. I'd start the games with JYD and then give Ariza the majority of the minutes coming off the bench.

But if you bench Timmy....he loses value then he becomes untradable. As a team that is trying to win a championship you can't do that.
diderotn
USA
11/17/2004  10:32 AM
the reason why Tiny Timmy's problems are so evident is because the front-court is not capable of pulling their share of the burden. When you have more than 1 starter that is not playing well, it shines the bright light on almost all of the players. That is why I have always said that our starting lineup doesn't fit. Why in the world must we have: Timmy, Kurt, and Naser together on the court as our starters? I would much rather have Timmy, Sweet, and Kurt. As much as Lenny has talked about this lineup, he has yet to use it this year. Timmy is struggling, and given the talents that he has, it is ok for a coach to let him work his way out of his funk. However, we can't afford to have less than 30 points and 30 boards from the front-line. TT is an ofensive player and we will need him down the road if he is not traded, but Kurt or Naser can't be our starters. Kurt is physical, but Naser isn't. Replace Naser by Kurt at Center or Sundov or Vinny, and play JYD or Sweetney at the 4, we will have a totally different output up front. 6 games, Lenny needs to recognize that lack of energy by now.
bernard
Member: #475
11/17/2004  10:59 AM
IMO, Timmy was garbage last night. Just a terrible game. Tons of turnovers and missed chippies, many at inopportune times when we had a chance to make a run. It looked like Lenny decided before the game, "We're going w/ Timmy tonight." He probably even sat Timmy down and told him you're getting the ball a lot tonight. Probably even told MSG -- why else would they have chosen Timmy as Knick of the game for their post-game show.

Can't blame Lenny for this strategy. Got to get this guy going, and against a 6'6'' guy ... seemed like the right night to force it. But Timmy didn't respond. And when things started going bad, he basically shrugged his shoulders as if to say "it's not my night" and stopped trying (didn't stop shooting or turning the ball over, of course, but why bother to get back on D when it's not your night).

I hope we do get him going. And then I hope we trade him as soon as we're offered anything half decent. I was excited when we brought this guy in, but I've turned 180 ... no confidence he's ever going to amount to anything in NY. He'll have his games. And he'll play better than he's playing. But he is softer than butter in the sun.
Bippity10
Member: #574
11/17/2004  11:57 AM
I can't get on Lenny for going to Timmy. With this current roster no matter how much you dislike the guy we need for TT to get going if we are going to compete with the better teams.

Last night I was both discouraged and encouraged by TT's play. Let's not mince words, the guy played horrible last night. He had a guy 4 inches shorter than him guarding him last night and he's trying to force drvies. Just get in the post and turn around and shoot over him. Unfortunately TT has never developed that understanding of his own size and strength. But I was encouraged by his aggressiveness on the offensive end(even with the bad results). All players have shooting slumps, his problem has been a lack of aggression. But last night despite all his flaws at least he kept at it. If he can continue that over the next few games he will definitely bust out of his slump. Problem with TT is that he has a hard time sustaining efforts like that.
I just hope that people will like me
diderotn
USA
11/17/2004  12:05 PM
why is that? is it because of conditioning or desire??? I didn't have a chance to watch the game, so I can't comment too much on his performance. Let's not forget that Ginobli is a pretty good defender, specially when he knows that TD and Rasho are back there protecting the lane. San Antonio can make any team look bad.

Last night I was both discouraged and encouraged by TT's play. Let's not mince words, the guy played horrible last night. He had a guy 4 inches shorter than him guarding him last night and he's trying to force drvies. Just get in the post and turn around and shoot over him. Unfortunately TT has never developed that understanding of his own size and strength. But I was encouraged by his aggressiveness on the offensive end(even with the bad results). All players have shooting slumps, his problem has been a lack of aggression. But last night despite all his flaws at least he kept at it. If he can continue that over the next few games he will definitely bust out of his slump. Problem with TT is that he has a hard time sustaining efforts like that.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/17/2004  12:48 PM
let's not confuse simple effort w/smart basketball guys...Shandon Anderson gave all out effort every game he played, but he just wasn't any good...TT played a good 1st half & a crappy 2nd half...he needs to work on his consistency & not only play harder, but play smarter.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Silverfuel
USA
11/17/2004  12:51 PM
Posted by TMS:

let's not confuse simple effort w/smart basketball guys...Shandon Anderson gave all out effort every game he played, but he just wasn't any good...TT played a good 1st half & a crappy 2nd half...he needs to work on his consistency & not only play harder, but play smarter.
Good point but I think with TT, if he plays harder, he is automatically playing smarter. When he makes foolish mistakes, it seems like he is giving up on the play too easily.
Slowly, slowly, Tiny Timmy is finding his game.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy