[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Leon the Professional
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/29/2022  1:59 PM
Since we all about coming up with fantasy stuff and then getting angry when it don't come to fruition, why not think:
"what are we missing"?

Leon being overt about cap space and the whole thing points to Brunson. But, what if that relationship is so strong that Brunson is ok with a price, ok to play the game, and OK to wait for something to happen first?
If you had that kind aggrement in place, lets say the $25mil was in place via handshake deal.
What are we missing? Leon can go after Ayton and if PHX drags it out, so what? Forces PHX to the table to negotiate a trade? Doe PHX think nobody will make a move? Detroit seems to be out, unless they created a chest of goodies to trade for him. That could be. But what if we know they won't? Seems like they can't.
But we can. Obviously there is way to screw Jalen if Ayton signs with us and PHX lets him walk. Then we have not enough cap and have to clear to bring him in, all the while Mav's go in another direction.
What are we missing that Leon can do with these connections that uses time and space to create a sequence that be used to our advantage?
Maybe nothing?
Maybe centric on Mitch and Randle?

Don't need this to happen with any other trade.
What if this is all a rouse to help Brunson get a bigger number from Dallas, and we are focused on Lavine?

AUTOADVERT
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
6/29/2022  2:08 PM
Are we better with IQ and Lavine at the 30MM number?

Could you then move Randle, Fournier and Reddish for Westbrook?

Westbrook, RJ, Levin, Obi, Mitch
IQ, Rose, Grimes, Simms

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/29/2022  2:26 PM
MS wrote:Are we better with IQ and Lavine at the 30MM number?

Could you then move Randle, Fournier and Reddish for Westbrook?

Westbrook, RJ, Levin, Obi, Mitch
IQ, Rose, Grimes, Simms

Thats possible. But I doubt Westbrick gets moved. LA can starphuch next year with that. Its their MO.
At the same time Leon not go all in this year either. Randle and EF can get moved in the future also. Im not as down on Randle as some. I'd like to think of a version of him that is in synch with the team and its objectives at the same time accepting a smaller role. He accepted a smaller contract given the moment he had leverage. My guess is this is not out of reach.
At the same time Im not objectionable to a value oriented trade. Im just not under the belief he is a dumpable commodity only. But thats just me.

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
6/29/2022  2:46 PM
Nalod wrote:Since we all about coming up with fantasy stuff and then getting angry when it don't come to fruition, why not think:
"what are we missing"?

Leon being overt about cap space and the whole thing points to Brunson. But, what if that relationship is so strong that Brunson is ok with a price, ok to play the game, and OK to wait for something to happen first?
If you had that kind aggrement in place, lets say the $25mil was in place via handshake deal.
What are we missing? Leon can go after Ayton and if PHX drags it out, so what? Forces PHX to the table to negotiate a trade? Doe PHX think nobody will make a move? Detroit seems to be out, unless they created a chest of goodies to trade for him. That could be. But what if we know they won't? Seems like they can't.
But we can. Obviously there is way to screw Jalen if Ayton signs with us and PHX lets him walk. Then we have not enough cap and have to clear to bring him in, all the while Mav's go in another direction.
What are we missing that Leon can do with these connections that uses time and space to create a sequence that be used to our advantage?
Maybe nothing?
Maybe centric on Mitch and Randle?

Don't need this to happen with any other trade.
What if this is all a rouse to help Brunson get a bigger number from Dallas, and we are focused on Lavine?

SPOILER ALERT - Conspiracy Theory Unhinged

I think what we are missing is that Rich Paul represents both Zach Lavine and Miles Bridges. Despite his Knick fandom, he has been tied to Lebron wagon for quite a while. I think Rich Paul needs the Knicks to get that contract from Charlotte for Miles Bridges. No one else can give that offer sheet. But what will it take for Charlotte to let Bridges go? I'm thinking its Obi Toppin, IQ and some pressure from the player/agent. Maybe. I think a play where both Lavine and Bridges are routed to NY makes some logic. But Charlotte has final say on Bridges. The way to finish this is to manage a three way trade with LAL where Westrook ends up in Chicago with some draft compensation. Rose, Reddish and Fournier end up in LAL with Lebron and Rich Paul can resume his Knick fandom by pushing Bridges and Lavine to NY. If only Lavine makes it, NY did its job by forcing Charlotte to offer the max.

Meanwhile, Jalen Brunson's agent (Drew Morrison of CAA) is connected to Mr. Rose through that agency. It is just as likely that Rose is permitting the Knicks to be a bargaining chip for CAA to get Dallas' price up as it is for them to be actually signing him. I don't think that Brunson decision makes sense, but the numbers being thrown around are getting a bit out of control for them to make sense to me. I think its too much that they hired Rick Brunson and this much information is flying around for them to be really all over Brunson. I think this is media control and CAA trying to put pressure on Dallas.

This is the Randle.
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

6/29/2022  7:06 PM
Tyus Jones our starting pg next October
Leon the Professional

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy