[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

the official frustration thread - what is wrong with this team?
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/17/2004  12:07 PM
Nazr has been a poor finisher... one of his strong points last year. I think before you make any line up changes you stick with this group for at least 12 games. Even if you come home 2-6. Winning one of these games would be huge... 3-5 is no big deal, especially with the hardest part of your schedule played.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
11/17/2004  12:09 PM
the reason why Ariza's minutes have decreased is because Lenny is trying to find minutes for JYD. Poor time management if you ask me. Ariza can play the 2 and the 3, while JYD can play the 3,4,and 5. If you think about it, Vinny didn't play last night, so JYD should have spent some time at the 5 and the 4.
The true Knickabocker..........
Bippity10
Member: #574
11/17/2004  12:19 PM
Said Marbury, "The best way to get out of a slump is to continue to play hard on both ends of the court. When you're out there playing hard and playing to exhaustion, it makes you get focused. Defense creates your offense."

Tim Thomas and Stephon make me laugh more than any Knick player ever with their soundbites. Does Stephon ever watch himself play defense?

I'm not too concerned. Looking at our schedule even if we were on top of our games I predicted a 3-6 start, so 2-7 isn't that alarming to me. If I predict 3-6 why would I be frutrated that we don't end up 6-3, it doesn't make sense. No matter how much we beg, or blame we aren't beating teams like Dallas, SA and Minnesota on the road. If we do we should be amazed.
I just hope that people will like me
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
11/17/2004  12:42 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by Vmart:

They are just an average team.
below average

Yes you are right they are below average. Maybe they can be average when and if H20 comes back. Until then I have them after their next garden game at 2-7. Just can't see this team beating the elite teams. Also I'm not so concerned with losing to the better teams what bothers me is that they get blown out by teams not playing to thier full effort level.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/17/2004  1:39 PM
while I hate losing its hard to get that frustrated this early. Also, you have to ask yourself if you believe in the young players on this team, and Isiah's ability to add more. If you dont think Ariza, Sweetney and Crawford are key parts of a core of players than I can see why this team would be unwatchable.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/17/2004  2:08 PM
I think the one thing about this team that you can't disagree with is the level of effort and focus being exerted by the players on the court is poor.

On paper and on the court, we're severly outmatched by a team like San Antonio.

We could be 0-10 and have shown effort and heart and I'd be happy.

Sure, TT is in a shooting funk- but he can't make passes like that.

I said this last year- I am not sure Lenny is the right coach for this crowd- I think we needed someone that would get in the players face when they made a mistake- much like Hubie did for us back when and now with Memphis.

Is it early to call for Wilkens head? Absolutely.

But, its not too early to be seriously worried about the focus & effort the players are showing on the court.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
11/17/2004  2:15 PM
The remedy to that sickness is JYD. He is the missing ingredient. Add him to the starting lineup, and everything will be different.

Posted by franco12:

I think the one thing about this team that you can't disagree with is the level of effort and focus being exerted by the players on the court is poor.

On paper and on the court, we're severly outmatched by a team like San Antonio.

We could be 0-10 and have shown effort and heart and I'd be happy.

Sure, TT is in a shooting funk- but he can't make passes like that.

I said this last year- I am not sure Lenny is the right coach for this crowd- I think we needed someone that would get in the players face when they made a mistake- much like Hubie did for us back when and now with Memphis.

Is it early to call for Wilkens head? Absolutely.

But, its not too early to be seriously worried about the focus & effort the players are showing on the court.
The true Knickabocker..........
the official frustration thread - what is wrong with this team?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy