martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:

Don't forget this one...

State Income Tax Rates:
Florida = 0%
New York = 10.90%

Right, plus the beaches and bikinis

But the high gas prices up here are so awesome.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

6/29/2022  10:21 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:

Don't forget this one...

State Income Tax Rates:
Florida = 0%
New York = 10.90%

New York = magnet for the best and brightest in the arts, business, cuisine, home to the United Nations, Columbia University, many of the greatest museums in the world....

Florida -- meth heads who throw alligators into McDonalds drive through windows.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/29/2022  10:30 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:

Don't forget this one...

State Income Tax Rates:
Florida = 0%
New York = 10.90%

New York = magnet for the best and brightest in the arts, business, cuisine, home to the United Nations, Columbia University, many of the greatest museums in the world....

Florida -- meth heads who throw alligators into McDonalds drive through windows.

I'm gonna be honest... The last part about the alligators sounds more entertaining than anything the MET could hope to top.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

6/29/2022  10:52 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:

Don't forget this one...

State Income Tax Rates:
Florida = 0%
New York = 10.90%

I'm gonna be honest... The last part about the alligators sounds more entertaining than anything the MET could hope to top.

I didn’t say which was better!

gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

6/30/2022  1:53 AM
Who knows what he's thinking, but I don't see how being Batgirl to Abedayo and Butler Robin to Luka's Batman.
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
6/30/2022  2:12 AM
I don’t see how Miami could sign him without a huge deal with Dallas unless they are dealing Lowry. I guess a Lowry for Brunson deal gives them a replacement but Lowry makes $28 mil. Thus, if they were willing to take on his salary, they would be better off keeping Brunson for $25 mil per year. It all must be a smokescreen.
Trust the Process
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
6/30/2022  2:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2022  2:32 AM

This is Brunson the last time he was at the Garden.

Trust the Process
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/30/2022  2:59 AM
TheGame wrote:I don’t see how Miami could sign him without a huge deal with Dallas unless they are dealing Lowry. I guess a Lowry for Brunson deal gives them a replacement but Lowry makes $28 mil. Thus, if they were willing to take on his salary, they would be better off keeping Brunson for $25 mil per year. It all must be a smokescreen.

Miami would just need to trade Duncan- likely the Mavs would happily do that a) to spite the Knicks and b) at least they get an elite shooter next to Luka.

It's easy to joke that this is all just show to avoid tampering, but I think there is a real danger here- Riley is very persuasive, Miami would be a very good fit (Lowry played great next to FVV) and offers a shorter path to winning and allows the pitch that they'd transition into an even more prominent role as Lowry and Butler age. Heat match his hard working/ no nonsense philosophy too. We have his dad and Julius Randle

BigDaddyG

6/30/2022  7:13 AM
TheGame wrote:I don’t see how Miami could sign him without a huge deal with Dallas unless they are dealing Lowry. I guess a Lowry for Brunson deal gives them a replacement but Lowry makes $28 mil. Thus, if they were willing to take on his salary, they would be better off keeping Brunson for $25 mil per year. It all must be a smokescreen.

Same rules apply for the Heat. Mavs can't take back more than $15 M, so Lowey trade wouldn't work.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

6/30/2022  8:05 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2022  8:05 AM
NBA players get taxed in every state they play away games in. Lebron and Shaq both left Florida to go play in California

If Brunson signs with the Heat it’s all because of Pat Riley

BigDaddyG

6/30/2022  8:08 AM
Philc1 wrote:NBA players get taxed in every state they play away games in. Lebron and Shaq both left Florida to go play in California

If Brunson signs with the Heat it’s all because of Pat Riley

The only real threat are the Mavs and I think that door is pretty much close to being shut.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
6/30/2022  8:12 AM
After 2010 clearing cap space and then strikiing out on Lebron and Wade,
after clearing cap space 2019 striking out on KD and Kyrie,
If they cleared cap space for Jalen Brunson, a second (third?) tier player and whiff, then i won't know what to say. It'll be pretty pathetic.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/30/2022  8:20 AM
Its ok to worry about Pat. Its respectful that they all play nice and Miami will make its pitch.
For what its worth If its about money he stays with Mavs. Knicks can give hiim an opt out for the fourth year and he can extend his deal beyond 5 years if healthy. If not, he risks a year. Not chump change BTW.
Fact is Uncle Leon, Uncle Thibs, Uncle Wes, and his pops all factor in also.

Miami has its future for now on Herro and Bam. Good pieces. Jimmy is a bad ass but at 34 can’t say how long he can play at the level he wants to or can. Future is RJ. Not Jimmy. Knicks have a compelling future. Can’t see it yet. no guarantees but for whom can bring it will be showered with good fortune as the fan base is hungry for it!

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

6/30/2022  8:24 AM
Panos wrote:After 2010 clearing cap space and then strikiing out on Lebron and Wade,
If they cleared cap space for Jalen Brunson, a second (third?) tier player and whiff, then i won't know what to say. It'll be pretty pathetic.

Whiffing on Brunson would be worse. No one ever really expected Lebron to come here. The guy was way too mentally fragile to handle NY- look at him in LA now arguing with fans and he’s won that city a championship and their fans are more worried about their next appointment at the tanning salon then sports

Brunson would be a really bad whiff because it did at least for a week look like he was legit coming here

Chandler
Member: #6197

6/30/2022  8:25 AM
Panos wrote:After 2010 clearing cap space and then strikiing out on Lebron and Wade,

This is why counting on getting a FA star as strategy is foolish especially if you’re a bad team. FAs like everyone else want to win for all sorts of good reasons.

If you can get a star great but you can’t count on it. Better to draft and develop and build assets for trades

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/30/2022  9:02 AM
Chandler wrote:

This is why counting on getting a FA star as strategy is foolish especially if you’re a bad team. FAs like everyone else want to win for all sorts of good reasons.

If you can get a star great but you can’t count on it. Better to draft and develop and build assets for trades

Legit media today keeps at it. Always pitching that we need to get a star or another star instead of the boring reality that is internal growth and development. That Leon would not cross the line to pay for Murry or got ATL to pay more is rather mundane for the avg fan to behold.
We also lose sight that his is a team game and not just about a single player not achieving with a single team. superstars are expensive and come with risks. They get paid often for the time with their current team. Harden and Beal going anywhere? Or just redoing their deals.
Im ok with brunson and hope his presence adds to a chemistry that also elevates all around him and does the same for him. If so he is worth every penny. And we don’t know what his price will be either.

Is leon saving his dry power for a donovan Mitch trade? Is there an Ayton deal possible?
The Collins and Capella thing is interesting. Randle and Mitch are a similar offering. Collins is not angel Btw. Both are compelling.

whle any player can be injury prone, we have seen guys that were get healthy for long stretches.
Brogden for two year next to Brunson might be a good pairing for two years. In time IQ gets to develope. That said Drose would be traded?

Still many things to ponder. Most won’t happen. I get that.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
6/30/2022  9:45 AM
smackeddog wrote:

Miami would just need to trade Duncan- likely the Mavs would happily do that a) to spite the Knicks and b) at least they get an elite shooter next to Luka.

It's easy to joke that this is all just show to avoid tampering, but I think there is a real danger here- Riley is very persuasive, Miami would be a very good fit (Lowry played great next to FVV) and offers a shorter path to winning and allows the pitch that they'd transition into an even more prominent role as Lowry and Butler age. Heat match his hard working/ no nonsense philosophy too. We have his dad and Julius Randle

yup. miami have been trying to move Duncan since they signed him to that ridiculous contract

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/30/2022  11:12 AM
Yeah pretty much like how everyone thought it would go down

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Chandler
Member: #6197

6/30/2022  11:16 AM
martin wrote:Yeah pretty much like how everyone thought it would go down

does that make you more or less nervous?

(5)(5)
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/30/2022  11:19 AM
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:Yeah pretty much like how everyone thought it would go down

does that make you more or less nervous?

Miami has near zero possibility of maneuvering to get Brunson. Near zero, not zero but it just doesn't make sense from Brunson perspective.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Mavs podcast Brunson is staying

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy