Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
6/28/2022  8:20 PM
Philc1 wrote:
martin wrote:
Philc1 wrote:Cuban is going to want to resign Brunson outright. That’s his style he doesn’t care if he has to pay luxury tax

That’s the main thing that worries me about the Knicks trying to get Brunson

I don't believe that. Dallas had a TPE of $10M that just expired and zero whiff of Mavs using it. He cares about the Luxury tax.

Cuban paid more for the Mavs then anyone else ever did for an nba franchise at that time and he did it before the Dirk years when they were perennial losers. He is a legit threat to match our offer for Brunson

Even if he can match the offer or go higher, keep in mind Brunson is an unrestricted FA and can go where he wants regardless.

AUTOADVERT
wargames
Member: #6053

6/28/2022  8:30 PM
Knixkik wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
martin wrote:
Philc1 wrote:Cuban is going to want to resign Brunson outright. That’s his style he doesn’t care if he has to pay luxury tax

I don't believe that. Dallas had a TPE of $10M that just expired and zero whiff of Mavs using it. He cares about the Luxury tax.

Cuban paid more for the Mavs then anyone else ever did for an nba franchise at that time and he did it before the Dirk years when they were perennial losers. He is a legit threat to match our offer for Brunson

Even if he can match the offer or go higher, keep in mind Brunson is an unrestricted FA and can go where he wants regardless.

I think the Mavs do a S&T for a second rounder and a TPE. They sound like they are coming to terms he is gone and will want to recoup something.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/28/2022  9:16 PM
Hahaha, Dallas tears are so delicious. I don't know if it's all the minerals getting kicked into the atmosphere from all the refineries or the slathering of BBQ in their diets. Cuban treated the Brunson negotiations like an episode of shark tank and it's blowing up in his face.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/28/2022  9:24 PM
I was a dick move. But it was our dick move!
I thought they were there to see Timmy, Burkes, an Reggie play? LOL.
And cheer Pinson cheer the Mavs!
Randle at least is from Dallas.
but like I said……….
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/28/2022  11:46 PM
Hopefully the Knicks aren’t caught tampering BTW. They are making it pretty blatantly obvious. They probably HAVE to do a sign and trade with Dallas or else they will call on the league to investigate.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/28/2022  11:49 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
6/28/2022  11:58 PM
So what do you think the negotiations between Brunson's agent and Knicks President are like?

Is it awkward?

martin
USA
6/29/2022  12:21 AM
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

6/29/2022  2:06 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:Hopefully the Knicks aren’t caught tampering BTW. They are making it pretty blatantly obvious. They probably HAVE to do a sign and trade with Dallas or else they will call on the league to investigate.

After last season's Kyle Lowry fiasco, I think the head office has decided to push all these discussions to the next CBA.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
6/29/2022  6:46 AM

He expresses a lot of my thoughts. I don’t doubt Brunson is an upgrade but given his defensive limitations and the fact that his passing skills are solid but certainly not all-nba level, I don’t see signing him to $110 million as a deal that will age well. Think the Knicks will be better off either sticking with IQ as starter or trading for Murray. We could probably trade McBride for Murray and only have to add two first rounders and maybe a couple second rounders

Trust the Process
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

6/29/2022  7:51 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
martin wrote:

Right. Which is why Rose dumped both Burks and Noel to get $30 mil under. He and Perry know Cuban has no issue offering Brunson $100 mil to stay so they have to offer even more money

Philc1
Member: #8897

6/29/2022  7:54 AM
TheGame wrote:

He expresses a lot of my thoughts. I don’t doubt Brunson is an upgrade but given his defensive limitations and the fact that his passing skills are solid but certainly not all-nba level, I don’t see signing him to $110 million as a deal that will age well. Think the Knicks will be better off either sticking with IQ as starter or trading for Murray. We could probably trade McBride for Murray and only have to add two first rounders and maybe a couple second rounders

He’s 25 and entering the peak years of his career. Has no significant injury history. Will only be a 4 year deal

Unless he sh ts himself on the court I don’t see how it ends up being a lousy contract. We were 5-1 beating good teams last season with just competent pg play. Brunson doesn’t have to be a young Chris Paul he just has to be better than the trash at pg we have had the last 10 years

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/29/2022  8:44 AM
Have to keep an open mind regarding money and the coming increases in salary. Brunson will get paid. How he performs up the money will be something that gets sorted out onthe court.
Im thnking Knicks core is deeper and better than Mavs core minus Luka. How much? Who knows. Brunson leadership and how he effects chmemistry is not a stat thing that can be plugged and played.

Murry and him would be. Small back court.

Where does Iq and Drose fit going forward?
A Brunson Don-Mitchell back court is small.

Leons son is Brunsons agent. Me thinks this is all been sorted out for some time.
MoBamba is not starter material and the play might be to get him and develop him. can he also play some at the 4 and stretch the floor a bit?

I can’t see Randle traded with is 15% kicker unless he waives it. Injuring Dallas makes our pick better. Protect top 10. The west improves next year. Lakers can’t be worse, Portland gets Dame and some help back, Clippers could be relevent, PHX is unkknown but core is there an atyon should bring somethingback if he is not. Detroit is off the cap space radar but I suspect if they make a play for ayton knicks bow out and Detroit now has the fodder to do a deal with PHX? Of do we still with Randle/Mitch deal?

So much possibilities still. This is all so fun1!!

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
6/29/2022  8:53 AM
The only reason for a Sign and Trade at this point is to get Theo back with him!
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

6/29/2022  10:11 AM
Note that Brunson was taken with a second rounder -- granted an early one.

Feels like an overpay but they're all overpaid right? I liked Burks especially and Nerlens *when* he was healthy but the roster is going young, can't argue with that. If we get hung up on one specific move we miss the big picture that Rose and company are shooting for. Definitely a lot of method here -- the amount of madness remains to be seen. I imagine a step or two forward after last year's two back would be acceptable but of course we want more. Yep it's fun!

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/29/2022  10:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/29/2022  10:51 AM
Im happy with Brunson. Brunson Rose IQ is a good backcourt. The backcourt wouldve even been better if we took the 6-6 Williams to add some length to it. spilled milk but ,made sense
RIP Crushalot😞
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/29/2022  11:07 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Im happy with Brunson. Brunson Rose IQ is a good backcourt. The backcourt wouldve even been better if we took the 6-6 Williams to add some length to it. spilled milk but ,made sense

I don’t see how they are done. I don’t see how Randle, RJ and Julius work. They will need a big shooting guard who can defend and shoot. Is Julius staying? I hope not!

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

6/29/2022  11:19 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Im happy with Brunson. Brunson Rose IQ is a good backcourt. The backcourt wouldve even been better if we took the 6-6 Williams to add some length to it. spilled milk but ,made sense

I don’t see how they are done. I don’t see how Randle, RJ and Julius work. They will need a big shooting guard who can defend and shoot. Is Julius staying? I hope not!

Julius AND Randle? Yikes!
BigRedDog
Member: #569
6/29/2022  11:21 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:

That would be weird, keep Randle but trade Julius. Not sure how that would work out???

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
martin
USA
6/29/2022  11:29 AM
MaTT4281 wrote:The only reason for a Sign and Trade at this point is to get Theo back with him!

EXACTLY!!!

Mavs podcast Brunson is staying

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy