6/27/2022  1:54 PM
Bookmark these 2 nuggets for S&T details

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/27/2022  9:42 PM
right now I think Brunson is gonna be a Knick---Its to quiet for him to stay in dallas---if he was staying hed have said it

I think we send some shtuff back to them to make the money work in s and t

RIP Crushalot😞
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
6/27/2022  9:47 PM
BRIGGS wrote:right now I think Brunson is gonna be a Knick---Its to quiet for him to stay in dallas---if he was staying hed have said it

I think we send some shtuff back to them to make the money work in s and t

Wouldn’t be surprised if Randle goes to Dallas.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/27/2022  9:49 PM
Not sure if this is good or bad news. Not sure I even know what this tweet even means
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

6/27/2022  9:52 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Not sure if this is good or bad news. Not sure I even know what this tweet even means

very good news. If we can do this while keeping Burks and Reddish im cool with it

The Future is Bright!
BigDaddyG

6/27/2022  9:54 PM
TPercy wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Not sure if this is good or bad news. Not sure I even know what this tweet even means

very good news. If we can do this while keeping Burks and Reddish im cool with it

You're probably right. At least I hope you are.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

6/27/2022  10:03 PM
BigDaddyG

6/27/2022  10:16 PM
From Mavs Money all:
https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2022/6/27/23184652/potential-jalen-brunson-sign-and-trades-to-the-knicks
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
6/27/2022  10:44 PM
TPercy wrote:

That would be the perfect scenario. I love Burks when he is not playing PG.

gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

6/27/2022  10:45 PM
Looks like that Reddish trade is really going to hurt. Hard to see him being a better option than Burks and I think Noel has to prove it. I think waiving Taj and trading Cam for space means we can sign Brunson out right without working with Dallas. If we have to attach a?pick to move Cam it could be unfortunate.
Clean
6/27/2022  10:57 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:From Mavs Money all:
https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2022/6/27/23184652/potential-jalen-brunson-sign-and-trades-to-the-knicks

I like simple charts like this to make things easy to understand. Give them Noel and a 2nd round pick. That should be good enough with the TPE. Our backup bigs rotation can be Sims/Obi and Cam as a small ball backup 4. I seen some potential with him being that right before he got injured. Randle does not need to be playing big minutes anymore. To stop having him dead tired in the 4th lower his minutes to 30 a game. The SF/SG/PG rotation will be a little cramped unless someone get traded or Rose get injured again. If we had to trade one of Burks or EF I am conflicted. I love Burks in the right role and EF is our best shooter and that is really important on a team that shoots as poorly as we do. We need a zone buster.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/28/2022  12:27 AM
gradyandrew wrote:Looks like that Reddish trade is really going to hurt. Hard to see him being a better option than Burks and I think Noel has to prove it. I think waiving Taj and trading Cam for space means we can sign Brunson out right without working with Dallas. If we have to attach a?pick to move Cam it could be unfortunate.

Hate the idea of trading a 1st for Reddish without getting a chance to see him get an extended opportunity here.

wargames
Member: #6053

6/28/2022  12:54 AM
It’ll probably be one of Noel and Burks and the Mavs get a TPE. My money is it being Noel, because Dallas could actually use him and he was there before. The Knicks have the mavs over a barrel. They have draft assets to outright sign Brunson so they might as well be smart.

Slight chance the Knicks give the mavs back their 2023 pick… but I doubt it because I think they are gearing up for another trade beyond Brunson.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

6/28/2022  6:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/28/2022  6:15 AM
TPercy wrote:

I dunno its sounding like Reddish may be next to go. Easy salary to dump and GMs are intrigued by him. Burks is an expiring contract but makes more money. Would get us to $23 mil under after Taj is waived

Clean
6/28/2022  6:54 AM
Philc1 wrote:
TPercy wrote:

I dunno its sounding like Reddish may be next to go. Easy salary to dump and GMs are intrigued by him. Burks is an expiring contract but makes more money. Would get us to $23 mil under after Taj is waived

If the Mavs would go for the sign and trade we would not need to lose Cam. I don't see why they would not want to trade a tpe, 2nd rounder and Noel is better than nothing. In that case everyone wins.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/28/2022  7:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/28/2022  7:41 AM
Clean wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
TPercy wrote:

If the Mavs would go for the sign and trade we would not need to lose Cam. I don't see why they would not want to trade a tpe, 2nd rounder and Noel is better than nothing. In that case everyone wins.

For the Knicks to participate in a sign and trade, Knicks should ask for the Mavs to lift the protections on the first round pick. That way Dallas is left with the TPE and their future picks aren’t contingent on the 2023 pick conveying. Gives the Knicks a higher upside pick (which is unlikely to matter but you never know) and Dallas more flexibility.

Chandler
Member: #6197

6/28/2022  8:00 AM
If it’s sign and trade it should be Noel

I’d like to see cam have more opportunity w a real pg

(5)(5)
BigDaddyG

6/28/2022  8:15 AM
Philc1 wrote:
TPercy wrote:

I'm not sure about the details, but signing Brunson outright or working out a S&T will determine which player exception the team will have. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Knicks can access to the non-taxpayer mid-level salary exception ($10M) if they can workout the S&T.

Jimbo5
Member: #8854

6/28/2022  8:17 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/28/2022  8:58 AM
Im curious to hear from the mavs, right after their season ended they were very vocal on their ability to sign Brunson and even bragged that they are ready to pay the luxury tax just to keep Brunson. I know he may very well resign with the Mavs, with the knicks its never a sure thing until he actually signs the contract.

I still think there should be another move or two if Brunson signs with the knicks. Bring just him will not make the knicks a 4th or 5th seed next year. Are there any interest in trying to sign Miles bridges away from the hornets? Is it even possible? Can the knick engage a sign and trade with Dallas and use the cap space they created to sign miles bridges?

Mitch, obi, miles, RJ, Brunson

I like this line up alot.

BigDaddyG

6/28/2022  10:02 AM
Jimbo5 wrote:Im curious to hear from the mavs, right after their season ended they were very vocal on their ability to sign Brunson and even bragged that they are ready to pay the luxury tax just to keep Brunson. I know he may very well resign with the Mavs, with the knicks its never a sure thing until he actually signs the contract.

I still think there should be another move or two if Brunson signs with the knicks. Bring just him will not make the knicks a 4th or 5th seed next year. Are there any interest in trying to sign Miles bridges away from the hornets? Is it even possible? Can the knick engage a sign and trade with Dallas and use the cap space they created to sign miles bridges?

Mitch, obi, miles, RJ, Brunson

I like this line up alot.

No, because of the whole base year thing. Knicks can't send much more than $15M back to Dallas in A&T to Dallas. Bridges wants the max.

Mavs podcast Brunson is staying

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy