[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mavs podcast Brunson is staying
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/24/2022  4:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/24/2022  4:21 PM
https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/platform/amp/2022/6/21/23178019/jake-fischer-mavericks-favorites-to-re-sign-jalen-brunson
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
6/24/2022  4:21 PM
I hope they do.
He's not the answer anyway. I don't want to spend more assets dumping his contract in two years. After we dump Fournier.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/24/2022  4:22 PM
BRIGGS wrote:https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/platform/amp/2022/6/21/23178019/jake-fischer-mavericks-favorites-to-re-sign-jalen-brunson

That was from before the draft and all it said was that Dallas was the favorite.

New reporting an hour ago now that Knicks within a smidge of having cap space:

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/24/2022  4:27 PM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/platform/amp/2022/6/21/23178019/jake-fischer-mavericks-favorites-to-re-sign-jalen-brunson

That was from before the draft and all it said was that Dallas was the favorite.

The best move for all side, if it comes down to it, is for Dallas to work some kind of sign and trade. Is Cuban petty enough to say "no, go bugger off!" Don't know and I'm not sure I really care We'll find out in training camp.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/24/2022  4:38 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

The best move for all side, if it comes down to it, is for Dallas to work some kind of sign and trade. Is Cuban petty enough to say "no, go bugger off!" Don't know and I'm not sure I really care We'll find out in training camp.

I’m not sure there’s a S and trade. If we have the cap room we can simply sign him?
But let’s do some realistic math. If Dallas let’s Brunson walk all they can do to replace him is the mle( taxpayer mle) so is there someone out there willing to take that who will replace Brunson?
Or does it make sense for the macs to simply offer him more money and years? He’s only 26. Why can’t Dallas offer him 5 years 150mm giving him the extra 5 mm per abs the 30 mm in back end last year. That contract will be 40-50 mm more than what the Knicks can give.

RIP Crushalot😞
martin
USA
6/24/2022  4:38 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:The best move for all side, if it comes down to it, is for Dallas to work some kind of sign and trade. Is Cuban petty enough to say "no, go bugger off!" Don't know and I'm not sure I really care We'll find out in training camp.

Dallas either super over pays Brunson to stay, outbidding the Knicks and everyone, OR they decide it aint gonna happen and work with the Knicks to either get a TPE at > $20M or maybe some assets from the Knicks.

Knicks don't necessarily have to trade the likes of Burks (please please please trade Burks though!). They just need to make enough noise that they can move off another $6+M and the leverage is close enough.

BigDaddyG

6/24/2022  4:43 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:The best move for all side, if it comes down to it, is for Dallas to work some kind of sign and trade. Is Cuban petty enough to say "no, go bugger off!" Don't know and I'm not sure I really care We'll find out in training camp.

Dallas either super over pays Brunson to stay, outbidding the Knicks and everyone, OR they decide it aint gonna happen and work with the Knicks to either get a TPE at > $20M or maybe some assets from the Knicks.

Knicks don't necessarily have to trade the likes of Burks (please please please trade Burks though!). They just need to make enough noise that they can move off another $6+M and the leverage is close enough.

Some Dallas fans on Reddit are getting desperate and are talking themselves into Kyrie. Would love to see a Kyrie/ Luka team implode. Would also love to see the look on Dinwiddie's face.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

6/24/2022  4:47 PM
CleaverGreene
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8756

6/24/2022  5:08 PM
Brunson appears to be doing a good job flirting with his 2 suitors.

The Knicks & NYC can offer him a number of non-basketball benefits, I suppose, but if he gets an offer from the Mavs that is close to anything we offer him, why would he leave a team that is rising for a team like ours which always seems to be treading water?

One other thing...He's a good little player, but is he really the missing piece for the Knicks?

There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gain. (Plato)
Chandler
Member: #6197

6/24/2022  5:09 PM
martin wrote:

what do you have against Burks? he was good in second unit play sg; can hit shots in the fourth quarter

(5)(5)
Chandler

6/24/2022  5:10 PM
man 25 million/year doesn't go as far as it used to
(5)(5)
martin
USA
6/24/2022  5:17 PM
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:

what do you have against Burks? he was good in second unit play sg; can hit shots in the fourth quarter

I really don't have anything against Burks. But I like and want Grimes, Cam, and maybe McBride to get his minutes at the 1-3 spots where he typically plays. I think they ready.

Chandler

6/24/2022  5:19 PM
martin wrote:
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:

I really don't have anything against Burks. But I like and want Grimes, Cam, and maybe McBride to get his minutes at the 1-3 spots where he typically plays. I think they ready.

got it, makes sense

i've been reading posts about attaching picks to dump more Knicks like Noel etc. none of which makes sense. I jumped to the wrong conclusion about your Burks post

(5)(5)
martin
USA
6/24/2022  5:20 PM
CleaverGreene wrote:Brunson appears to be doing a good job flirting with his 2 suitors.

The Knicks & NYC can offer him a number of non-basketball benefits, I suppose, but if he gets an offer from the Mavs that is close to anything we offer him, why would he leave a team that is rising for a team like ours which always seems to be treading water?

One other thing...He's a good little player, but is he really the missing piece for the Knicks?

I would say there is a good argument for Brunson staying and playing under the shadow of Doncic for many years of playoffs. It would be an easy decision if he gets the $$ he wants.

On the other hand, he will never get to be the primary ball handler with Doncic around and will always be second fiddle and kind of an odd fit (not a bad one) with Doncic. In NY, he will be handed the primary ball handling and team running keys. Gets to play on team with dad as coach. In the Mecca. With Uncle Leon having his back.

I don't think he is the missing player type for the Knicks. I do think he can be an integral PG for the Knicks.

blkexec
Member: #748
6/24/2022  5:21 PM
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:

Burks is not the problem. Burks didn’t go to Thibs and say, put me at PG. Even though I never played PG. Burks is our 4th quarter MJ all day. The problem is thibs and this roster. If we get Jalen, Burks falls back to his usual position.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
martin
USA
6/24/2022  5:26 PM
blkexec wrote:
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:

Burks is not the problem. Burks didn’t go to Thibs and say, put me at PG. Even though I never played PG. Burks is our 4th quarter MJ all day. The problem is thibs and this roster. If we get Jalen, Burks falls back to his usual position.

Blocking Grimes from getting minutes? lol

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/24/2022  5:27 PM
martin wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:

Blocking Grimes from getting minutes? lol

And Cam

martin
USA
6/24/2022  5:36 PM
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:
Chandler wrote:
martin wrote:

got it, makes sense

i've been reading posts about attaching picks to dump more Knicks like Noel etc. none of which makes sense. I jumped to the wrong conclusion about your Burks post

I don't think the Knicks need to dump or attach any more picks. They set or close enough.

martin
USA
6/24/2022  5:55 PM
Mavs are at $154M in salary WITHOUT Brunson. Holy crap.
martin
USA
6/24/2022  6:08 PM

Mavs podcast Brunson is staying

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy