[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT - Roe V Wade overturned
Author Thread
martin
Posts: 59627
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
6/28/2022  12:41 PM
TripleThreat wrote:While running for President - "The first thing I'll do as President is sign the Freedom of Choice Act."

After being actually elected to President - "The Freedom of Choice Act is not my highest legislative priority."

Obama had the numbers in Congress to make Roe V Wade into federal law. Then this argument would all be over now. At least the part about overturning Roe v Wade.

Obama had exactly 4 months of super majority between Sept 2009 and Feb 2010. They focused on Obamacare and still messed that up. Should have done a lot more.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
TripleThreat
Posts: 23106
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/24/2012
Member: #3997

6/28/2022  12:48 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:Not Obama. Hillary and the Democratic leadership panel. Their abrogation of the democratic process using superdelegates to force the nomination of Hillary over other more qualified candidates paves the way for Trump and his populist agenda to steamroll the 2016 election, leading to 3 seat changes on the Supreme Court. I can't predict who the non-Hillary nominee would have been, but I doubt it would have been Hillary without the defects in that process.

Can you explain the Super Delegates issue more? I'm genuinely interested. I know the GOP does not have a Super Delegate system of their own.

I know there are a total of around 4,700 delegate votes for the Democrats. And something like 750+ are from the Super Delegates. Correct me if I am wrong on that.

Also, I can't agree with the "Not Obama" part. I respect your views but the guy literally said he would bring Roe into federal law and then outright lied when he had the opportunity to do so.

As for Hillary Clinton, if she had won 2016, this would also all be different. And she had a laundry list of scandal to cost her votes or caused voters to stay home. She's not absolved here as well.

I agree with you though that Clinton was really toxic to a lot of voters and there was quite a bit of open arrogance about her entire campaign. As if she was some kind of royalty waiting for a crown she was entitled to because she demanded it.

jrodmc
Posts: 32928
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
6/28/2022  12:49 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Too funny. Not really, but sort of.

Kneel for the anthem - cool.
Kneel for prayer - uncool. And leads to violence. Just like Al Quaeda.

Reciting the national anthem is akin to Soviet Communism.

A kidney is the same as a baby.

Inflammatory -- any worldview based on Judeo-Christian ethics.
Non-inflammatory -- worldviews based on "what I personally think"

I knew this thread was going to be pretty much one-sided at the start, but reading all the "real & purposeful" 'logic' in here is actually just depressing.

Peace out.

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full." Matthew 6:5. Even Jesus calls Coach a hypocrite.

I am not opposed to Judeo-Christian values. I am opposed to hypocrisy and a modeling that imposes Neo-Christian values on others.

I am not willing to tell any human being that they must do anything to their own body. There is nothing more fundamental in my liberty than my own body.

If a fetus is living and viable and the State has a vested interest in that fetus, have it removed and given into the ward of the state rather than forcing any woman to give birth and assume any of the bodily risks and/or changes that come with pregnancy.


Nice try, but you must also know the bible's not a buffet table. It might interest you to know Jesus didn't think it was, being the fulfillment of every jot and tittle.

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies." 1 Cor 6 19-20

You're not willing to tell any human being what they must do, except if they're praying on the 50 yard line.
You're not willing to tell any human being what they must do, but the state is to extract all unwanted fetuses and give them to the state.
You're not opposed to Judeo-Christian values, unless it conflicts with the fundamental liberty of your own body.

Transcendent values have to come from somewhere outside yourself and your libertarian body. All I'm asking you to ask yourself is, what are you selling?

If you're actually just selling your own fundamentals, so be it.

Again, peace.

ESOMKnicks
Posts: 21150
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/14/2015
Member: #6064

6/28/2022  1:05 PM
CashMoney wrote:
"Life is a characteristic of a living organism that distinguishes the latter from a dead organism or a non-living thing, as specifically distinguished by the capacity to grow, metabolize, respond (to stimuli), adapt, and reproduce."
https://www.biologyonline.com/dictionary/life

"Science agrees on this point: Life begins at conception." https://www.lifemattersww.org/Need-Help/Questions-about-abortion/When-Does-Life-Begin

I would save the babies in the ward for a reason and I see your point. You're correct it's not tantamount but comparable.

The babies are both lives and human beings whereas the fertilized test tubes are life and not yet human beings. It doesn't change the fact that abortion is the killing of life. There is a difference between killing life and killing a human being but as I stated in earlier posts at no rudimentary time does an abortion not kill life.

My stance is that killing the life prior to the life becoming a human being isn't right. You feel that it is right because life is not yet a human being.

We can agree to disagree.

Let me just point out that the "Life begins at conception" concept presented under your link to an anti-abortionist site, is not necessarily the scientific consensus. Even a quick glance at wikipedia presents a vastly different picture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartbeat_bill#:~:text=While%20some%20of%20these%20laws,is%20false%20and%20intentionally%20misleading.
While some of these laws ban abortions after six weeks of pregnancy and are called "fetal heartbeat" laws by their proponents who claim that a fetal heartbeat can be detected at six weeks, doctors have said that the term "fetal heartbeat" at that stage is false and intentionally misleading.[16][17][18][19] A conceptus is not called a fetus until after ten weeks of pregnancy, before which the proper term is an embryo.[16][17][18][19] Additionally, since at six weeks the embryo has no heart, only a group of cells which will become a heart, calling it a heartbeat is also misleading.[16][17][18][19] The heart will only have formed enough to be able to hear a real fetal hearbeat by 17–20 weeks of gestation.[16][17][18][19]

Jennifer Keats, an OB-GYN at University of California, San Francisco, stated that the embryo's cardiovascular system at six weeks is "very immature". Keats described the cardiac activity as "a group of cells with electrical activity. That's what the heartbeat is at that stage of gestation ... We are in no way talking about any kind of cardiovascular system."

Ted Anderson, formerly president of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), said that "ACOG does not use the term 'heartbeat' to describe these legislative bans on abortion because it is misleading language, out of step with the anatomical and clinical realities of that stage of pregnancy." and "Pregnancy and fetal development are a continuum; What’s interpreted as a heartbeat in these bills is actually electrically induced flickering of a portion of fetal tissue that will become the heart as the embryo develops.”[17][1]

"The flickering that we're seeing on the ultrasound that early in the development of the pregnancy is actually electrical activity, and the sound that you 'hear' is actually manufactured by the ultrasound machine." - Nisha Verma, an OB-GYN who specializes in abortion care[18]

At least you recognize that a fetus is not the same as a human being. And I recognize that a fetus is life. Just like plants, sperm or a surgically removed spleen. I admire that you are opposed to any killing of life, but wonder what is it that you eat then? Only fruit that's already fallen from a tree?

jrodmc
Posts: 32928
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
6/28/2022  1:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/28/2022  1:21 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
jrod, I've said this before. I don't think politics in the General Discussion area of UK is a great idea. But it's not my board and it's not my site. They can run it as they want to do it. But I barely post anymore and I'm a damn good basketball analyst. People can assess if Briggs really posts the way he did before ( And people can gauge for themselves if they see that as good or bad. Personally I love my old friend Briggs and I believe Mo' Briggs = Mo' Money ) Then the question arise if the salty taste in your mouth here will make you post less too. I don't see how talking about politics in here brings together our shared love for our Knicks.

The real test on "one sided" is if all the people here enraged at Roe being overturned will openly start laying some of that blame (I'd call it more than a lions share honestly, but to each their own viewpoint) onto Obama. Because who are we kidding, in the all the years I've been here, it's like Obama is some kind of new age personal deity.

And before someone starts jumping on me, I am perfectly OK with a woman having an abortion if she wants to go get one. Her life, her issue, her health, her choice, her problem. Though I prefer what Bill Clinton said about the topic ( odd how a guy accused of rape so many times had a poignant thing to say about women's rights...) - Safe, legal and very rare. I'll add another distinction on that which is I don't want my tax dollars, or Briggs' tax dollars or your tax dollars, jrod, paying for it if we are dealing with consensual sex.

I'd like to think that's more than fair. If you choose to go have sex as a legal adult using informed consent, it's on you and your accountability (and your partner's accountability) to pay for it yourself if something goes the way you don't want.

Triple, as I said, I knew jumping into this thread was a bad idea. You get one or two (at most) BRIGG's type responders, and the rest ends up being just liberal braying to the blue donkey choir. I get it. For the most part, even in the Off-Topic forum, I don't bother to really engage.

For some reason, I don't get the argument that killing someone who's done nothing wrong but happen to start to exist is a woman's right. And you don't get any truly coherent answers to that, because there are none to be had. Which is why the rage on this issue has reached such toxic levels. Unless storming the capital of a state like Arizona by a bunch of what looked like crack-crazed zombies is something that's suddenly business as usual and completely justifiable. But that's a story for another day.

The days of Safe, Legal, and RARE are over, if they ever even actually existed, like much of what Bill Clinton "is" supposed to have stood for. You have a multi-billion dollar industry that has a huge stake in the current society's embrace of death. Most of Europe is more conservative on abortion than the US. Our culture is outraged at kids killing people with automatic weapons, but the John Wick movies and hundreds of other movies/games like it make billions, if not trillions of dollars. Sex sells everything, starting in elementary schools now, but unwanted pregnancy is just an inconvenience created by theocratic monoliths who are so passe it's painful. It's 2022, after all, it's not like we're back in ancient Greece or Rome where people just left infants to die, or sacrificed them on altars.

Anyway, Triple, I look forward to your next missive on our beloved FO's handling of the cap, contracts and why Randle doesn't even qualify as the scum of the earth.

EwingsGlass
Posts: 24905
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/29/2005
Member: #893
USA
6/28/2022  2:02 PM
jrodmc wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Too funny. Not really, but sort of.

Kneel for the anthem - cool.
Kneel for prayer - uncool. And leads to violence. Just like Al Quaeda.

Reciting the national anthem is akin to Soviet Communism.

A kidney is the same as a baby.

Inflammatory -- any worldview based on Judeo-Christian ethics.
Non-inflammatory -- worldviews based on "what I personally think"

I knew this thread was going to be pretty much one-sided at the start, but reading all the "real & purposeful" 'logic' in here is actually just depressing.

Peace out.

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full." Matthew 6:5. Even Jesus calls Coach a hypocrite.

I am not opposed to Judeo-Christian values. I am opposed to hypocrisy and a modeling that imposes Neo-Christian values on others.

I am not willing to tell any human being that they must do anything to their own body. There is nothing more fundamental in my liberty than my own body.

If a fetus is living and viable and the State has a vested interest in that fetus, have it removed and given into the ward of the state rather than forcing any woman to give birth and assume any of the bodily risks and/or changes that come with pregnancy.


Nice try, but you must also know the bible's not a buffet table. It might interest you to know Jesus didn't think it was, being the fulfillment of every jot and tittle.

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies." 1 Cor 6 19-20

You're not willing to tell any human being what they must do, except if they're praying on the 50 yard line.
You're not willing to tell any human being what they must do, but the state is to extract all unwanted fetuses and give them to the state.
You're not opposed to Judeo-Christian values, unless it conflicts with the fundamental liberty of your own body.

Transcendent values have to come from somewhere outside yourself and your libertarian body. All I'm asking you to ask yourself is, what are you selling?

If you're actually just selling your own fundamentals, so be it.

Again, peace.

I don't intend to argue all facets of the Bible with you, nor the Talmud, Koran or other religious texts. My point was simply that there is hypocrisy in the application of religious beliefs in demonstration to others. In Numbers 5:11-31, a priest is directed to perform an abortion. It is literally in the Bible. There is a lot in the Bible I don't agree with and I wouldn't use it as the basis for my arguments in favor of individual liberties. I think there is a lot of wisdom from it as well. Some might argue that Jesus' crucifixion was responsive to his rebellious individualism, the same individualism I cherish. I think everyone should think for themselves and engage in unemotional debate based on what they think not what they read or heard. Internalize all those sources and make their own beliefs.


I think you have misstated me in your three sentences. I've modified your statements to make them something I would say, otherwise I think you are holding me to concepts that are not my intent.

You're not willing to tell any human being what they must do to their body, except if they're praying on the 50 yard line [in their capacity as a governmental employee giving endorsement to a religion]. [This is not to their body. I tell people what to do all the time. We are merging discussion of fundamental rights with a discussion of the interplay between the Establishment Clause and the Freedom of Expression. You can't make these arguments together without getting confusing. They are the same Court but different issues.]

You're not willing to tell any human being what they must do to their body, but the state is to extract all unwanted fetuses and give them to the state. [I never said must, it was tongue in cheek comment intended to highlight the impossibility of the burden and the frivolous nature of the of the concept of viability -- it is a manufactured concept without real life practice.]

You're not opposed to any individual practicing Judeo-Christian values, unless it conflicts with [any other person's] fundamental liberty of your own body and when any person uses their religious beliefs in their capacity as a governmental authority to the extent that it ESTABLISHES a preference of one religion over another, regardless of whether it creates a limitation on the FREE EXPRESSION of the individual government actor. As the Judeo value stands, I think the appearance of impropriety is as much a problem as the actual impropriety.

I don't agree that transcendent values must come from outside of myself. There are many arch-type emotions, feeling and actions that are fundamentally human. I don't need a book to teach me about love. I don't need a preacher to show me wisdom. I don't need a crowd to understand hate.

This is the Randle.
GustavBahler
Posts: 38817
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

6/28/2022  2:14 PM
I'd like to see a national referendum on abortion rights. But only women are allowed to vote.
newyorknewyork
Posts: 29459
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #541
6/28/2022  2:38 PM
As a born again Christian myself. I can't say that i'm pro abortion. But I can't say that I am starkly against it either. Because I understand how society, and our environment is today. I would say I'm more pro establishing an environment and society that promotes people wanting to keep their child. Due to the overwhelming amount of structure and support that would help a parent raise them. That is a lot more Christ like. Over being forced to while those enforcing these laws offering the bare minimum to provide that structure and support. If they(gov) really really wanted to get to the root of the problem(s) that is.

This thread has mostly touched on the religious views of abortion. But the truth of the matter is that Roe vs Wade wasn't overturned for religious reasons. The Christian community as well as Right Wingers who just support all Right Wing views and talking point regardless. Like a homer to a sports team. Are only being used as a support base. Similar to Democrats with Black people and the Black vote. The real reason Roe vs Wade was overturned is due to the Great Replacement Theory Ideology. Same reasons why Trump was elected President and steered by his party to place the justices able to get this done. Trust me its not because Trump is a avid Christian. As well as the massive rise over the years of white nationalist. Roe vs Wade was overturned due to white males in power believing they are losing that power. That Caucasians will no longer be majority ruler and will lose out in population numbers to people of color(Mostly Hispanic with the added Black population).

Trump, Justice Appointees, Abortions, The Wall, White Nationalist, Jan 6th. Are all attacks and angles toward the same ideology.

If race of population wasn't considered a threat Roe vs Wade would still be upheld this moment without any real care into really changing it. Regardless of Christian view. Just like why the same Christian majority support isn't able to get the health care they prefer, to you know help with supporting and maintaining life. This isn't based on an overall life ideology, but a cherry pick for specific reasons.

The religious views and aspect of this can be argued all day. But its just a front.

"Yo I'm a Knick!! Whhhaat" - RJ Barrett
foosballnick
Posts: 21229
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/17/2010
Member: #3148

6/28/2022  6:10 PM
jrodmc wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
jrod, I've said this before. I don't think politics in the General Discussion area of UK is a great idea. But it's not my board and it's not my site. They can run it as they want to do it. But I barely post anymore and I'm a damn good basketball analyst. People can assess if Briggs really posts the way he did before ( And people can gauge for themselves if they see that as good or bad. Personally I love my old friend Briggs and I believe Mo' Briggs = Mo' Money ) Then the question arise if the salty taste in your mouth here will make you post less too. I don't see how talking about politics in here brings together our shared love for our Knicks.

The real test on "one sided" is if all the people here enraged at Roe being overturned will openly start laying some of that blame (I'd call it more than a lions share honestly, but to each their own viewpoint) onto Obama. Because who are we kidding, in the all the years I've been here, it's like Obama is some kind of new age personal deity.

And before someone starts jumping on me, I am perfectly OK with a woman having an abortion if she wants to go get one. Her life, her issue, her health, her choice, her problem. Though I prefer what Bill Clinton said about the topic ( odd how a guy accused of rape so many times had a poignant thing to say about women's rights...) - Safe, legal and very rare. I'll add another distinction on that which is I don't want my tax dollars, or Briggs' tax dollars or your tax dollars, jrod, paying for it if we are dealing with consensual sex.

I'd like to think that's more than fair. If you choose to go have sex as a legal adult using informed consent, it's on you and your accountability (and your partner's accountability) to pay for it yourself if something goes the way you don't want.

Triple, as I said, I knew jumping into this thread was a bad idea. You get one or two (at most) BRIGG's type responders, and the rest ends up being just liberal braying to the blue donkey choir. I get it. For the most part, even in the Off-Topic forum, I don't bother to really engage.

For some reason, I don't get the argument that killing someone who's done nothing wrong but happen to start to exist is a woman's right. And you don't get any truly coherent answers to that, because there are none to be had. Which is why the rage on this issue has reached such toxic levels. Unless storming the capital of a state like Arizona by a bunch of what looked like crack-crazed zombies is something that's suddenly business as usual and completely justifiable. But that's a story for another day.

The days of Safe, Legal, and RARE are over, if they ever even actually existed, like much of what Bill Clinton "is" supposed to have stood for. You have a multi-billion dollar industry that has a huge stake in the current society's embrace of death. Most of Europe is more conservative on abortion than the US. Our culture is outraged at kids killing people with automatic weapons, but the John Wick movies and hundreds of other movies/games like it make billions, if not trillions of dollars. Sex sells everything, starting in elementary schools now, but unwanted pregnancy is just an inconvenience created by theocratic monoliths who are so passe it's painful. It's 2022, after all, it's not like we're back in ancient Greece or Rome where people just left infants to die, or sacrificed them on altars.

Anyway, Triple, I look forward to your next missive on our beloved FO's handling of the cap, contracts and why Randle doesn't even qualify as the scum of the earth.

LOL - you enter a thread and make mostly incoherent angry rants - then when confronted, whine about entering the thread because all those evil Libs mistreated you. Ladies & Gentlemen that is the true definition of a snowflake (come to think of it perhaps it should only be Gentleman as your religion may not allow you to view ladies as your equal?).

Perhaps your actual bible comes strait from Fox News? Didn't you proclaim Rupert Murdoch as one of your profits??

Insurrection at the US Capital on the work of your lord and savior MAGA Trump = OK
Insurrection at the Arizona Capital over SCOTUS ruling = Not OK

The $900 Million annual federal funding for Planned Parenthood which supports the abortion of potential human lives = Not OK
The $900 BILLION annual federal funding for the Military which supports the killing/bombing of human lives including many innocents = OK

Capitalism as long as it supports your politics, religion and world view = OK
Capitalism in industries that you dislike or when it inconveniences you or your worldview = Not OK

How many pounds of animal flesh do you eat a year....who were all living breathing things killed for your pleasure?
How much waste and pollution do you personally create which adversely impacts the health and lives of other living things - including humans?
When someone dies in a war - what do you do to stop it to ensure Human life is not lost?
When someone is shot and killed - what do you do to make change so that it stops happening and human life is not lost?

WWJD?

See how this works? You - sitting there on your condescending better than thou perch are just just like the rest of us - whether knowing or not.... a phucking hypocrite.


When you step on a tiny Ant and kill it - does it even leave any type of mark or stain on the bottom of your shoe? Poor Ant was working hard in a hard life of solely seeking out and bringing back food to feed the nest. But no worries as there are One Million Billion Ants on this Earth.

Compare that to the One Billion Trillion Stars in the Universe. That's the number of Ants on Earth followed by 9 more zeros. Take those number of stars multiplied by the number of living organisms on planets surrounding those stars, add in the billions of humans and living organisms on this earth.

What does this all mean? If you happened to be stepped on by some giant Alien - you would not even leave less than a Gazillion'th of a mark on the bottom of that Alien's shoe - when compared to the Ant mark left on your shoe. Not only that - but the worker Ant in fact would also have been a bigger loss to his society - not being able to bring food back to his nest vs. all the wasted lazy tired azz bloviating you've produced in this thread.

Am I being overly harsh. Yes. Do I give a Phuck about your snowflake feelings.....nope. Not to worry though - as all is not lost. Perhaps you can organize a group prayer on some local public High School 50 yard line and pray to God that your deepest wishes will come true and you'll be swept away into Heaven in the blink of an eye while all those evil "Libs" will remain to suffer 7 years of strife, disease and pestilence for a living hell on earth - just like a poorly made Left Behind plot.

homeskillitprigioni
Posts: 20135
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/7/2013
Member: #4507

6/28/2022  6:18 PM
jrodmc wrote:
martin wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Yeah, praying before football games, that's some seriously dangerous ****. Maybe SC should pass some sort of laws or liberties that would get all these bible thumpers moved to camps or something, huh? Can't have junior praying to Jesus before he starts playing football. That could lead to some serious ****.

You have not described the essence of case correctly: The coach in this case was clearly making the prayer session mandatory; it was not opt out and he would just lead whomever wanted to join to join. To me, that is serious **** at a micro level.

At a macro level, this IS some serious **** too cause of the fall out: Lemon v. Kurtzman decision had previously governed cases involving the Constitution's language prohibiting "an establishment of religion," which has obvious implications for future lawsuits: Lower court judges will no longer apply Lemon’s framework to establishment clause cases.

Again, you don't seem to get the essence of the establishment clause. The SC is supposed to step in and make SURE THE US CONGRESS DOES NOT ESTABLISH ANY LAW RELATED TO RELIGION. The aptly named Lemon test has been deemed bad law by most justices and a misadventure at best by liberal justices. Where the hell is the US Congress on a high school football field passing laws about religion? The coach lost his job. No player got cut. No one lost their lives. No one was told to sit in some atheists-only section of the field. If the state government wants to allow this coach to give communion and last rites to every player on his team, WGAF? Why do you GAF? Afraid somehow your precious billions of dollars of tax money might somehow get siphoned away from Planned Parenthood and end up being spent on bibles in high school? Afraid that everyone of this coach's players were going to become seminary students? Or maybe they might not do it on the regular anymore with their girlfriends after the games if they read about the Amorites slitting baby's throats and plastering them into the walls of their homes?

I love you martin as the proprietor of an incredibly great Knicks website, but your reasoning, both at the micro and the macro level here, is patent hypersensitive liberal bull****.

That would be really scary actually, the Bible is a pretty ****ed up book.

I personally don't care if a coach or anyone else prays on the field as long as we're also allowing silent protests and we're also allowing other religious people, such as a Muslim go out to the 50 yard line and lay down his rug and pray to Mecca as well.

And if you're talking about Conservatives vs Liberal, that logic of "why do you care if it doesn't hurt you" holds no water given the overall stance on gay marriage, etc.

I'm not either and think both parties are full of ****, but it's not like the Conservative side is bereft of hypocrisy.

jrodmc
Posts: 32928
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
6/28/2022  8:52 PM
foosballnick wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
jrod, I've said this before. I don't think politics in the General Discussion area of UK is a great idea. But it's not my board and it's not my site. They can run it as they want to do it. But I barely post anymore and I'm a damn good basketball analyst. People can assess if Briggs really posts the way he did before ( And people can gauge for themselves if they see that as good or bad. Personally I love my old friend Briggs and I believe Mo' Briggs = Mo' Money ) Then the question arise if the salty taste in your mouth here will make you post less too. I don't see how talking about politics in here brings together our shared love for our Knicks.

The real test on "one sided" is if all the people here enraged at Roe being overturned will openly start laying some of that blame (I'd call it more than a lions share honestly, but to each their own viewpoint) onto Obama. Because who are we kidding, in the all the years I've been here, it's like Obama is some kind of new age personal deity.

And before someone starts jumping on me, I am perfectly OK with a woman having an abortion if she wants to go get one. Her life, her issue, her health, her choice, her problem. Though I prefer what Bill Clinton said about the topic ( odd how a guy accused of rape so many times had a poignant thing to say about women's rights...) - Safe, legal and very rare. I'll add another distinction on that which is I don't want my tax dollars, or Briggs' tax dollars or your tax dollars, jrod, paying for it if we are dealing with consensual sex.

I'd like to think that's more than fair. If you choose to go have sex as a legal adult using informed consent, it's on you and your accountability (and your partner's accountability) to pay for it yourself if something goes the way you don't want.

Triple, as I said, I knew jumping into this thread was a bad idea. You get one or two (at most) BRIGG's type responders, and the rest ends up being just liberal braying to the blue donkey choir. I get it. For the most part, even in the Off-Topic forum, I don't bother to really engage.

For some reason, I don't get the argument that killing someone who's done nothing wrong but happen to start to exist is a woman's right. And you don't get any truly coherent answers to that, because there are none to be had. Which is why the rage on this issue has reached such toxic levels. Unless storming the capital of a state like Arizona by a bunch of what looked like crack-crazed zombies is something that's suddenly business as usual and completely justifiable. But that's a story for another day.

The days of Safe, Legal, and RARE are over, if they ever even actually existed, like much of what Bill Clinton "is" supposed to have stood for. You have a multi-billion dollar industry that has a huge stake in the current society's embrace of death. Most of Europe is more conservative on abortion than the US. Our culture is outraged at kids killing people with automatic weapons, but the John Wick movies and hundreds of other movies/games like it make billions, if not trillions of dollars. Sex sells everything, starting in elementary schools now, but unwanted pregnancy is just an inconvenience created by theocratic monoliths who are so passe it's painful. It's 2022, after all, it's not like we're back in ancient Greece or Rome where people just left infants to die, or sacrificed them on altars.

Anyway, Triple, I look forward to your next missive on our beloved FO's handling of the cap, contracts and why Randle doesn't even qualify as the scum of the earth.

LOL - you enter a thread and make mostly incoherent angry rants - then when confronted, whine about entering the thread because all those evil Libs mistreated you. Ladies & Gentlemen that is the true definition of a snowflake (come to think of it perhaps it should only be Gentleman as your religion may not allow you to view ladies as your equal?).

Perhaps your actual bible comes strait from Fox News? Didn't you proclaim Rupert Murdoch as one of your profits??

Insurrection at the US Capital on the work of your lord and savior MAGA Trump = OK
Insurrection at the Arizona Capital over SCOTUS ruling = Not OK

The $900 Million annual federal funding for Planned Parenthood which supports the abortion of potential human lives = Not OK
The $900 BILLION annual federal funding for the Military which supports the killing/bombing of human lives including many innocents = OK

Capitalism as long as it supports your politics, religion and world view = OK
Capitalism in industries that you dislike or when it inconveniences you or your worldview = Not OK

How many pounds of animal flesh do you eat a year....who were all living breathing things killed for your pleasure?
How much waste and pollution do you personally create which adversely impacts the health and lives of other living things - including humans?
When someone dies in a war - what do you do to stop it to ensure Human life is not lost?
When someone is shot and killed - what do you do to make change so that it stops happening and human life is not lost?

WWJD?

See how this works? You - sitting there on your condescending better than thou perch are just just like the rest of us - whether knowing or not.... a phucking hypocrite.


When you step on a tiny Ant and kill it - does it even leave any type of mark or stain on the bottom of your shoe? Poor Ant was working hard in a hard life of solely seeking out and bringing back food to feed the nest. But no worries as there are One Million Billion Ants on this Earth.

Compare that to the One Billion Trillion Stars in the Universe. That's the number of Ants on Earth followed by 9 more zeros. Take those number of stars multiplied by the number of living organisms on planets surrounding those stars, add in the billions of humans and living organisms on this earth.

What does this all mean? If you happened to be stepped on by some giant Alien - you would not even leave less than a Gazillion'th of a mark on the bottom of that Alien's shoe - when compared to the Ant mark left on your shoe. Not only that - but the worker Ant in fact would also have been a bigger loss to his society - not being able to bring food back to his nest vs. all the wasted lazy tired azz bloviating you've produced in this thread.

Am I being overly harsh. Yes. Do I give a Phuck about your snowflake feelings.....nope. Not to worry though - as all is not lost. Perhaps you can organize a group prayer on some local public High School 50 yard line and pray to God that your deepest wishes will come true and you'll be swept away into Heaven in the blink of an eye while all those evil "Libs" will remain to suffer 7 years of strife, disease and pestilence for a living hell on earth - just like a poorly made Left Behind plot.

Yeah, my incoherent angry rants. You're funny.

So net/net you're basic point is we are all phucking hypocrites. Got it. Thanks for clearing things up.

SupremeCommander
Posts: 33545
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

6/28/2022  9:12 PM
I saw a feminist post that I think I should share here. The summary:
- if you need blood, and I’m the only one alive with that type, I can’t be compelled to give you some
- if i pass and you need a kidney and I haven’t made it legal, my corpse can’t be compelled to gone it to you
- a woman now is compelled to carry to term, at fear personal expense (emotional, financial, etc)

It’s patently absurd. It’s totally hypocritical. The Republican Party is free market everything. Except when it comes to hearts and minds, then they wanna legislate the **** out of it

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
SupremeCommander
Posts: 33545
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

6/28/2022  9:33 PM
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Philc1
Posts: 25096
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 9/2/2020
Member: #8897

6/29/2022  8:04 AM
homeskillitprigioni wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
martin wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Yeah, praying before football games, that's some seriously dangerous ****. Maybe SC should pass some sort of laws or liberties that would get all these bible thumpers moved to camps or something, huh? Can't have junior praying to Jesus before he starts playing football. That could lead to some serious ****.

You have not described the essence of case correctly: The coach in this case was clearly making the prayer session mandatory; it was not opt out and he would just lead whomever wanted to join to join. To me, that is serious **** at a micro level.

At a macro level, this IS some serious **** too cause of the fall out: Lemon v. Kurtzman decision had previously governed cases involving the Constitution's language prohibiting "an establishment of religion," which has obvious implications for future lawsuits: Lower court judges will no longer apply Lemon’s framework to establishment clause cases.

Again, you don't seem to get the essence of the establishment clause. The SC is supposed to step in and make SURE THE US CONGRESS DOES NOT ESTABLISH ANY LAW RELATED TO RELIGION. The aptly named Lemon test has been deemed bad law by most justices and a misadventure at best by liberal justices. Where the hell is the US Congress on a high school football field passing laws about religion? The coach lost his job. No player got cut. No one lost their lives. No one was told to sit in some atheists-only section of the field. If the state government wants to allow this coach to give communion and last rites to every player on his team, WGAF? Why do you GAF? Afraid somehow your precious billions of dollars of tax money might somehow get siphoned away from Planned Parenthood and end up being spent on bibles in high school? Afraid that everyone of this coach's players were going to become seminary students? Or maybe they might not do it on the regular anymore with their girlfriends after the games if they read about the Amorites slitting baby's throats and plastering them into the walls of their homes?

I love you martin as the proprietor of an incredibly great Knicks website, but your reasoning, both at the micro and the macro level here, is patent hypersensitive liberal bull****.

That would be really scary actually, the Bible is a pretty ****ed up book.

I personally don't care if a coach or anyone else prays on the field as long as we're also allowing silent protests and we're also allowing other religious people, such as a Muslim go out to the 50 yard line and lay down his rug and pray to Mecca as well.

And if you're talking about Conservatives vs Liberal, that logic of "why do you care if it doesn't hurt you" holds no water given the overall stance on gay marriage, etc.

I'm not either and think both parties are full of ****, but it's not like the Conservative side is bereft of hypocrisy.

The 1st amendment specifically prohibits govt by religion and Thomas Jefferson specifically created the term “separation of church and state”


A public school sports coach holding organized public prayers on public school property violates separation of church and state. And yes, it’s a slippery slope. In 5 years this same Supreme Court will be ruling that it’s ok to hang crosses in public school classrooms and have organized prayer of students in classrooms(as long as you’re not Muslim ofcourse)

foosballnick
Posts: 21229
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/17/2010
Member: #3148

6/29/2022  10:22 AM
jrodmc wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
jrod, I've said this before. I don't think politics in the General Discussion area of UK is a great idea. But it's not my board and it's not my site. They can run it as they want to do it. But I barely post anymore and I'm a damn good basketball analyst. People can assess if Briggs really posts the way he did before ( And people can gauge for themselves if they see that as good or bad. Personally I love my old friend Briggs and I believe Mo' Briggs = Mo' Money ) Then the question arise if the salty taste in your mouth here will make you post less too. I don't see how talking about politics in here brings together our shared love for our Knicks.

The real test on "one sided" is if all the people here enraged at Roe being overturned will openly start laying some of that blame (I'd call it more than a lions share honestly, but to each their own viewpoint) onto Obama. Because who are we kidding, in the all the years I've been here, it's like Obama is some kind of new age personal deity.

And before someone starts jumping on me, I am perfectly OK with a woman having an abortion if she wants to go get one. Her life, her issue, her health, her choice, her problem. Though I prefer what Bill Clinton said about the topic ( odd how a guy accused of rape so many times had a poignant thing to say about women's rights...) - Safe, legal and very rare. I'll add another distinction on that which is I don't want my tax dollars, or Briggs' tax dollars or your tax dollars, jrod, paying for it if we are dealing with consensual sex.

I'd like to think that's more than fair. If you choose to go have sex as a legal adult using informed consent, it's on you and your accountability (and your partner's accountability) to pay for it yourself if something goes the way you don't want.

Triple, as I said, I knew jumping into this thread was a bad idea. You get one or two (at most) BRIGG's type responders, and the rest ends up being just liberal braying to the blue donkey choir. I get it. For the most part, even in the Off-Topic forum, I don't bother to really engage.

For some reason, I don't get the argument that killing someone who's done nothing wrong but happen to start to exist is a woman's right. And you don't get any truly coherent answers to that, because there are none to be had. Which is why the rage on this issue has reached such toxic levels. Unless storming the capital of a state like Arizona by a bunch of what looked like crack-crazed zombies is something that's suddenly business as usual and completely justifiable. But that's a story for another day.

The days of Safe, Legal, and RARE are over, if they ever even actually existed, like much of what Bill Clinton "is" supposed to have stood for. You have a multi-billion dollar industry that has a huge stake in the current society's embrace of death. Most of Europe is more conservative on abortion than the US. Our culture is outraged at kids killing people with automatic weapons, but the John Wick movies and hundreds of other movies/games like it make billions, if not trillions of dollars. Sex sells everything, starting in elementary schools now, but unwanted pregnancy is just an inconvenience created by theocratic monoliths who are so passe it's painful. It's 2022, after all, it's not like we're back in ancient Greece or Rome where people just left infants to die, or sacrificed them on altars.

Anyway, Triple, I look forward to your next missive on our beloved FO's handling of the cap, contracts and why Randle doesn't even qualify as the scum of the earth.

LOL - you enter a thread and make mostly incoherent angry rants - then when confronted, whine about entering the thread because all those evil Libs mistreated you. Ladies & Gentlemen that is the true definition of a snowflake (come to think of it perhaps it should only be Gentleman as your religion may not allow you to view ladies as your equal?).

Perhaps your actual bible comes strait from Fox News? Didn't you proclaim Rupert Murdoch as one of your profits??

Insurrection at the US Capital on the work of your lord and savior MAGA Trump = OK
Insurrection at the Arizona Capital over SCOTUS ruling = Not OK

The $900 Million annual federal funding for Planned Parenthood which supports the abortion of potential human lives = Not OK
The $900 BILLION annual federal funding for the Military which supports the killing/bombing of human lives including many innocents = OK

Capitalism as long as it supports your politics, religion and world view = OK
Capitalism in industries that you dislike or when it inconveniences you or your worldview = Not OK

How many pounds of animal flesh do you eat a year....who were all living breathing things killed for your pleasure?
How much waste and pollution do you personally create which adversely impacts the health and lives of other living things - including humans?
When someone dies in a war - what do you do to stop it to ensure Human life is not lost?
When someone is shot and killed - what do you do to make change so that it stops happening and human life is not lost?

WWJD?

See how this works? You - sitting there on your condescending better than thou perch are just just like the rest of us - whether knowing or not.... a phucking hypocrite.


When you step on a tiny Ant and kill it - does it even leave any type of mark or stain on the bottom of your shoe? Poor Ant was working hard in a hard life of solely seeking out and bringing back food to feed the nest. But no worries as there are One Million Billion Ants on this Earth.

Compare that to the One Billion Trillion Stars in the Universe. That's the number of Ants on Earth followed by 9 more zeros. Take those number of stars multiplied by the number of living organisms on planets surrounding those stars, add in the billions of humans and living organisms on this earth.

What does this all mean? If you happened to be stepped on by some giant Alien - you would not even leave less than a Gazillion'th of a mark on the bottom of that Alien's shoe - when compared to the Ant mark left on your shoe. Not only that - but the worker Ant in fact would also have been a bigger loss to his society - not being able to bring food back to his nest vs. all the wasted lazy tired azz bloviating you've produced in this thread.

Am I being overly harsh. Yes. Do I give a Phuck about your snowflake feelings.....nope. Not to worry though - as all is not lost. Perhaps you can organize a group prayer on some local public High School 50 yard line and pray to God that your deepest wishes will come true and you'll be swept away into Heaven in the blink of an eye while all those evil "Libs" will remain to suffer 7 years of strife, disease and pestilence for a living hell on earth - just like a poorly made Left Behind plot.

Yeah, my incoherent angry rants. You're funny.

So net/net you're basic point is we are all phucking hypocrites. Got it. Thanks for clearing things up.

Correction to your interpretation. In the scope of the universe - we are all insignificant phucking hypocrites. To dictate the fate of someone else's zygote is to be so blinded by one's own view of self-importance. In other words - get your own phucking insignificant house in order before dictating your moral codes on others.

jrodmc
Posts: 32928
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
6/29/2022  11:07 AM
foosballnick wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
jrod, I've said this before. I don't think politics in the General Discussion area of UK is a great idea. But it's not my board and it's not my site. They can run it as they want to do it. But I barely post anymore and I'm a damn good basketball analyst. People can assess if Briggs really posts the way he did before ( And people can gauge for themselves if they see that as good or bad. Personally I love my old friend Briggs and I believe Mo' Briggs = Mo' Money ) Then the question arise if the salty taste in your mouth here will make you post less too. I don't see how talking about politics in here brings together our shared love for our Knicks.

The real test on "one sided" is if all the people here enraged at Roe being overturned will openly start laying some of that blame (I'd call it more than a lions share honestly, but to each their own viewpoint) onto Obama. Because who are we kidding, in the all the years I've been here, it's like Obama is some kind of new age personal deity.

And before someone starts jumping on me, I am perfectly OK with a woman having an abortion if she wants to go get one. Her life, her issue, her health, her choice, her problem. Though I prefer what Bill Clinton said about the topic ( odd how a guy accused of rape so many times had a poignant thing to say about women's rights...) - Safe, legal and very rare. I'll add another distinction on that which is I don't want my tax dollars, or Briggs' tax dollars or your tax dollars, jrod, paying for it if we are dealing with consensual sex.

I'd like to think that's more than fair. If you choose to go have sex as a legal adult using informed consent, it's on you and your accountability (and your partner's accountability) to pay for it yourself if something goes the way you don't want.

Triple, as I said, I knew jumping into this thread was a bad idea. You get one or two (at most) BRIGG's type responders, and the rest ends up being just liberal braying to the blue donkey choir. I get it. For the most part, even in the Off-Topic forum, I don't bother to really engage.

For some reason, I don't get the argument that killing someone who's done nothing wrong but happen to start to exist is a woman's right. And you don't get any truly coherent answers to that, because there are none to be had. Which is why the rage on this issue has reached such toxic levels. Unless storming the capital of a state like Arizona by a bunch of what looked like crack-crazed zombies is something that's suddenly business as usual and completely justifiable. But that's a story for another day.

The days of Safe, Legal, and RARE are over, if they ever even actually existed, like much of what Bill Clinton "is" supposed to have stood for. You have a multi-billion dollar industry that has a huge stake in the current society's embrace of death. Most of Europe is more conservative on abortion than the US. Our culture is outraged at kids killing people with automatic weapons, but the John Wick movies and hundreds of other movies/games like it make billions, if not trillions of dollars. Sex sells everything, starting in elementary schools now, but unwanted pregnancy is just an inconvenience created by theocratic monoliths who are so passe it's painful. It's 2022, after all, it's not like we're back in ancient Greece or Rome where people just left infants to die, or sacrificed them on altars.

Anyway, Triple, I look forward to your next missive on our beloved FO's handling of the cap, contracts and why Randle doesn't even qualify as the scum of the earth.

LOL - you enter a thread and make mostly incoherent angry rants - then when confronted, whine about entering the thread because all those evil Libs mistreated you. Ladies & Gentlemen that is the true definition of a snowflake (come to think of it perhaps it should only be Gentleman as your religion may not allow you to view ladies as your equal?).

Perhaps your actual bible comes strait from Fox News? Didn't you proclaim Rupert Murdoch as one of your profits??

Insurrection at the US Capital on the work of your lord and savior MAGA Trump = OK
Insurrection at the Arizona Capital over SCOTUS ruling = Not OK

The $900 Million annual federal funding for Planned Parenthood which supports the abortion of potential human lives = Not OK
The $900 BILLION annual federal funding for the Military which supports the killing/bombing of human lives including many innocents = OK

Capitalism as long as it supports your politics, religion and world view = OK
Capitalism in industries that you dislike or when it inconveniences you or your worldview = Not OK

How many pounds of animal flesh do you eat a year....who were all living breathing things killed for your pleasure?
How much waste and pollution do you personally create which adversely impacts the health and lives of other living things - including humans?
When someone dies in a war - what do you do to stop it to ensure Human life is not lost?
When someone is shot and killed - what do you do to make change so that it stops happening and human life is not lost?

WWJD?

See how this works? You - sitting there on your condescending better than thou perch are just just like the rest of us - whether knowing or not.... a phucking hypocrite.


When you step on a tiny Ant and kill it - does it even leave any type of mark or stain on the bottom of your shoe? Poor Ant was working hard in a hard life of solely seeking out and bringing back food to feed the nest. But no worries as there are One Million Billion Ants on this Earth.

Compare that to the One Billion Trillion Stars in the Universe. That's the number of Ants on Earth followed by 9 more zeros. Take those number of stars multiplied by the number of living organisms on planets surrounding those stars, add in the billions of humans and living organisms on this earth.

What does this all mean? If you happened to be stepped on by some giant Alien - you would not even leave less than a Gazillion'th of a mark on the bottom of that Alien's shoe - when compared to the Ant mark left on your shoe. Not only that - but the worker Ant in fact would also have been a bigger loss to his society - not being able to bring food back to his nest vs. all the wasted lazy tired azz bloviating you've produced in this thread.

Am I being overly harsh. Yes. Do I give a Phuck about your snowflake feelings.....nope. Not to worry though - as all is not lost. Perhaps you can organize a group prayer on some local public High School 50 yard line and pray to God that your deepest wishes will come true and you'll be swept away into Heaven in the blink of an eye while all those evil "Libs" will remain to suffer 7 years of strife, disease and pestilence for a living hell on earth - just like a poorly made Left Behind plot.

Yeah, my incoherent angry rants. You're funny.

So net/net you're basic point is we are all phucking hypocrites. Got it. Thanks for clearing things up.

Correction to your interpretation. In the scope of the universe - we are all insignificant phucking hypocrites. To dictate the fate of someone else's zygote is to be so blinded by one's own view of self-importance. In other words - get your own phucking insignificant house in order before dictating your moral codes on others.

Does calling it a zygote or a fetus make you feel like you've got your phucking insignificant house in order? And just a question; is supporting abortion dictating a moral code on others, specifically on all those millions of zygotes and fetuses? And before you answer, try pondering on whether your answer is blinded by your own self-importance.

wargames
Posts: 22777
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/27/2015
Member: #6053

6/29/2022  1:52 PM
jrodmc wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
jrod, I've said this before. I don't think politics in the General Discussion area of UK is a great idea. But it's not my board and it's not my site. They can run it as they want to do it. But I barely post anymore and I'm a damn good basketball analyst. People can assess if Briggs really posts the way he did before ( And people can gauge for themselves if they see that as good or bad. Personally I love my old friend Briggs and I believe Mo' Briggs = Mo' Money ) Then the question arise if the salty taste in your mouth here will make you post less too. I don't see how talking about politics in here brings together our shared love for our Knicks.

The real test on "one sided" is if all the people here enraged at Roe being overturned will openly start laying some of that blame (I'd call it more than a lions share honestly, but to each their own viewpoint) onto Obama. Because who are we kidding, in the all the years I've been here, it's like Obama is some kind of new age personal deity.

And before someone starts jumping on me, I am perfectly OK with a woman having an abortion if she wants to go get one. Her life, her issue, her health, her choice, her problem. Though I prefer what Bill Clinton said about the topic ( odd how a guy accused of rape so many times had a poignant thing to say about women's rights...) - Safe, legal and very rare. I'll add another distinction on that which is I don't want my tax dollars, or Briggs' tax dollars or your tax dollars, jrod, paying for it if we are dealing with consensual sex.

I'd like to think that's more than fair. If you choose to go have sex as a legal adult using informed consent, it's on you and your accountability (and your partner's accountability) to pay for it yourself if something goes the way you don't want.

Triple, as I said, I knew jumping into this thread was a bad idea. You get one or two (at most) BRIGG's type responders, and the rest ends up being just liberal braying to the blue donkey choir. I get it. For the most part, even in the Off-Topic forum, I don't bother to really engage.

For some reason, I don't get the argument that killing someone who's done nothing wrong but happen to start to exist is a woman's right. And you don't get any truly coherent answers to that, because there are none to be had. Which is why the rage on this issue has reached such toxic levels. Unless storming the capital of a state like Arizona by a bunch of what looked like crack-crazed zombies is something that's suddenly business as usual and completely justifiable. But that's a story for another day.

The days of Safe, Legal, and RARE are over, if they ever even actually existed, like much of what Bill Clinton "is" supposed to have stood for. You have a multi-billion dollar industry that has a huge stake in the current society's embrace of death. Most of Europe is more conservative on abortion than the US. Our culture is outraged at kids killing people with automatic weapons, but the John Wick movies and hundreds of other movies/games like it make billions, if not trillions of dollars. Sex sells everything, starting in elementary schools now, but unwanted pregnancy is just an inconvenience created by theocratic monoliths who are so passe it's painful. It's 2022, after all, it's not like we're back in ancient Greece or Rome where people just left infants to die, or sacrificed them on altars.

Anyway, Triple, I look forward to your next missive on our beloved FO's handling of the cap, contracts and why Randle doesn't even qualify as the scum of the earth.

LOL - you enter a thread and make mostly incoherent angry rants - then when confronted, whine about entering the thread because all those evil Libs mistreated you. Ladies & Gentlemen that is the true definition of a snowflake (come to think of it perhaps it should only be Gentleman as your religion may not allow you to view ladies as your equal?).

Perhaps your actual bible comes strait from Fox News? Didn't you proclaim Rupert Murdoch as one of your profits??

Insurrection at the US Capital on the work of your lord and savior MAGA Trump = OK
Insurrection at the Arizona Capital over SCOTUS ruling = Not OK

The $900 Million annual federal funding for Planned Parenthood which supports the abortion of potential human lives = Not OK
The $900 BILLION annual federal funding for the Military which supports the killing/bombing of human lives including many innocents = OK

Capitalism as long as it supports your politics, religion and world view = OK
Capitalism in industries that you dislike or when it inconveniences you or your worldview = Not OK

How many pounds of animal flesh do you eat a year....who were all living breathing things killed for your pleasure?
How much waste and pollution do you personally create which adversely impacts the health and lives of other living things - including humans?
When someone dies in a war - what do you do to stop it to ensure Human life is not lost?
When someone is shot and killed - what do you do to make change so that it stops happening and human life is not lost?

WWJD?

See how this works? You - sitting there on your condescending better than thou perch are just just like the rest of us - whether knowing or not.... a phucking hypocrite.


When you step on a tiny Ant and kill it - does it even leave any type of mark or stain on the bottom of your shoe? Poor Ant was working hard in a hard life of solely seeking out and bringing back food to feed the nest. But no worries as there are One Million Billion Ants on this Earth.

Compare that to the One Billion Trillion Stars in the Universe. That's the number of Ants on Earth followed by 9 more zeros. Take those number of stars multiplied by the number of living organisms on planets surrounding those stars, add in the billions of humans and living organisms on this earth.

What does this all mean? If you happened to be stepped on by some giant Alien - you would not even leave less than a Gazillion'th of a mark on the bottom of that Alien's shoe - when compared to the Ant mark left on your shoe. Not only that - but the worker Ant in fact would also have been a bigger loss to his society - not being able to bring food back to his nest vs. all the wasted lazy tired azz bloviating you've produced in this thread.

Am I being overly harsh. Yes. Do I give a Phuck about your snowflake feelings.....nope. Not to worry though - as all is not lost. Perhaps you can organize a group prayer on some local public High School 50 yard line and pray to God that your deepest wishes will come true and you'll be swept away into Heaven in the blink of an eye while all those evil "Libs" will remain to suffer 7 years of strife, disease and pestilence for a living hell on earth - just like a poorly made Left Behind plot.

Yeah, my incoherent angry rants. You're funny.

So net/net you're basic point is we are all phucking hypocrites. Got it. Thanks for clearing things up.

Correction to your interpretation. In the scope of the universe - we are all insignificant phucking hypocrites. To dictate the fate of someone else's zygote is to be so blinded by one's own view of self-importance. In other words - get your own phucking insignificant house in order before dictating your moral codes on others.

Does calling it a zygote or a fetus make you feel like you've got your phucking insignificant house in order? And just a question; is supporting abortion dictating a moral code on others, specifically on all those millions of zygotes and fetuses? And before you answer, try pondering on whether your answer is blinded by your own self-importance.

This conversation is becoming absurd

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
martin
Posts: 59627
Alba Posts: 106
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
6/29/2022  2:05 PM
I am going to help you peace out from this thread.

jrodmc wrote:Does calling it a zygote or a fetus make you feel like you've got your phucking insignificant house in order? And just a question; is supporting abortion dictating a moral code on others, specifically on all those millions of zygotes and fetuses? And before you answer, try pondering on whether your answer is blinded by your own self-importance.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
homeskillitprigioni
Posts: 20135
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/7/2013
Member: #4507

6/29/2022  4:57 PM
jrodmc wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
jrod, I've said this before. I don't think politics in the General Discussion area of UK is a great idea. But it's not my board and it's not my site. They can run it as they want to do it. But I barely post anymore and I'm a damn good basketball analyst. People can assess if Briggs really posts the way he did before ( And people can gauge for themselves if they see that as good or bad. Personally I love my old friend Briggs and I believe Mo' Briggs = Mo' Money ) Then the question arise if the salty taste in your mouth here will make you post less too. I don't see how talking about politics in here brings together our shared love for our Knicks.

The real test on "one sided" is if all the people here enraged at Roe being overturned will openly start laying some of that blame (I'd call it more than a lions share honestly, but to each their own viewpoint) onto Obama. Because who are we kidding, in the all the years I've been here, it's like Obama is some kind of new age personal deity.

And before someone starts jumping on me, I am perfectly OK with a woman having an abortion if she wants to go get one. Her life, her issue, her health, her choice, her problem. Though I prefer what Bill Clinton said about the topic ( odd how a guy accused of rape so many times had a poignant thing to say about women's rights...) - Safe, legal and very rare. I'll add another distinction on that which is I don't want my tax dollars, or Briggs' tax dollars or your tax dollars, jrod, paying for it if we are dealing with consensual sex.

I'd like to think that's more than fair. If you choose to go have sex as a legal adult using informed consent, it's on you and your accountability (and your partner's accountability) to pay for it yourself if something goes the way you don't want.

Triple, as I said, I knew jumping into this thread was a bad idea. You get one or two (at most) BRIGG's type responders, and the rest ends up being just liberal braying to the blue donkey choir. I get it. For the most part, even in the Off-Topic forum, I don't bother to really engage.

For some reason, I don't get the argument that killing someone who's done nothing wrong but happen to start to exist is a woman's right. And you don't get any truly coherent answers to that, because there are none to be had. Which is why the rage on this issue has reached such toxic levels. Unless storming the capital of a state like Arizona by a bunch of what looked like crack-crazed zombies is something that's suddenly business as usual and completely justifiable. But that's a story for another day.

The days of Safe, Legal, and RARE are over, if they ever even actually existed, like much of what Bill Clinton "is" supposed to have stood for. You have a multi-billion dollar industry that has a huge stake in the current society's embrace of death. Most of Europe is more conservative on abortion than the US. Our culture is outraged at kids killing people with automatic weapons, but the John Wick movies and hundreds of other movies/games like it make billions, if not trillions of dollars. Sex sells everything, starting in elementary schools now, but unwanted pregnancy is just an inconvenience created by theocratic monoliths who are so passe it's painful. It's 2022, after all, it's not like we're back in ancient Greece or Rome where people just left infants to die, or sacrificed them on altars.

Anyway, Triple, I look forward to your next missive on our beloved FO's handling of the cap, contracts and why Randle doesn't even qualify as the scum of the earth.

LOL - you enter a thread and make mostly incoherent angry rants - then when confronted, whine about entering the thread because all those evil Libs mistreated you. Ladies & Gentlemen that is the true definition of a snowflake (come to think of it perhaps it should only be Gentleman as your religion may not allow you to view ladies as your equal?).

Perhaps your actual bible comes strait from Fox News? Didn't you proclaim Rupert Murdoch as one of your profits??

Insurrection at the US Capital on the work of your lord and savior MAGA Trump = OK
Insurrection at the Arizona Capital over SCOTUS ruling = Not OK

The $900 Million annual federal funding for Planned Parenthood which supports the abortion of potential human lives = Not OK
The $900 BILLION annual federal funding for the Military which supports the killing/bombing of human lives including many innocents = OK

Capitalism as long as it supports your politics, religion and world view = OK
Capitalism in industries that you dislike or when it inconveniences you or your worldview = Not OK

How many pounds of animal flesh do you eat a year....who were all living breathing things killed for your pleasure?
How much waste and pollution do you personally create which adversely impacts the health and lives of other living things - including humans?
When someone dies in a war - what do you do to stop it to ensure Human life is not lost?
When someone is shot and killed - what do you do to make change so that it stops happening and human life is not lost?

WWJD?

See how this works? You - sitting there on your condescending better than thou perch are just just like the rest of us - whether knowing or not.... a phucking hypocrite.


When you step on a tiny Ant and kill it - does it even leave any type of mark or stain on the bottom of your shoe? Poor Ant was working hard in a hard life of solely seeking out and bringing back food to feed the nest. But no worries as there are One Million Billion Ants on this Earth.

Compare that to the One Billion Trillion Stars in the Universe. That's the number of Ants on Earth followed by 9 more zeros. Take those number of stars multiplied by the number of living organisms on planets surrounding those stars, add in the billions of humans and living organisms on this earth.

What does this all mean? If you happened to be stepped on by some giant Alien - you would not even leave less than a Gazillion'th of a mark on the bottom of that Alien's shoe - when compared to the Ant mark left on your shoe. Not only that - but the worker Ant in fact would also have been a bigger loss to his society - not being able to bring food back to his nest vs. all the wasted lazy tired azz bloviating you've produced in this thread.

Am I being overly harsh. Yes. Do I give a Phuck about your snowflake feelings.....nope. Not to worry though - as all is not lost. Perhaps you can organize a group prayer on some local public High School 50 yard line and pray to God that your deepest wishes will come true and you'll be swept away into Heaven in the blink of an eye while all those evil "Libs" will remain to suffer 7 years of strife, disease and pestilence for a living hell on earth - just like a poorly made Left Behind plot.

Yeah, my incoherent angry rants. You're funny.

So net/net you're basic point is we are all phucking hypocrites. Got it. Thanks for clearing things up.

Correction to your interpretation. In the scope of the universe - we are all insignificant phucking hypocrites. To dictate the fate of someone else's zygote is to be so blinded by one's own view of self-importance. In other words - get your own phucking insignificant house in order before dictating your moral codes on others.

Does calling it a zygote or a fetus make you feel like you've got your phucking insignificant house in order? And just a question; is supporting abortion dictating a moral code on others, specifically on all those millions of zygotes and fetuses? And before you answer, try pondering on whether your answer is blinded by your own self-importance.


People like you do this all the time. It's not supporting abortion, it's supporting choice. I doubt the people you're saying that to has ever gone up to someone and tried to convince them to get an abortion.

There's an agenda of control that people like yourself have, especially when it comes to pushing views indoctrined by religion. For example, the Conservative Christian side will push to ban gay marriage even though those in favor aren't forcing them to be gay or attend a gay wedding. But the Christians want to ban it because they want to impose their views beliefs on other people.

TripleThreat
Posts: 23106
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/24/2012
Member: #3997

6/29/2022  5:05 PM
jrodmc wrote:The days of Safe, Legal, and RARE are over, if they ever even actually existed, like much of what Bill Clinton "is" supposed to have stood for....

Anyway, Triple, I look forward to your next missive on our beloved FO's handling of the cap, contracts and why Randle doesn't even qualify as the scum of the earth.

Overpromise.

Underdeliver.

Fundraise off of it.


"My rights should not be a fundraising point for the Democratic Party...."


I'm OK with people having different views on this. I don't see my viewpoints as more prominent than someone else's. But I keep saying it and it's becoming glaringly obvious that the mainstream media is desperately trying to ignore one of the core issues - Democrats could have made moves to fix this long ago and they didn't do anything about it.

Charlamagne tries to play the middle a little bit here. But it's clear the only reason he's able to say something of this ( which is criticism of the Democratic Party) and not be "cancelled" is because he's a minority. And what does that say about free speech?

OT - Roe V Wade overturned

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy