[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT - Roe V Wade overturned
Author Thread
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/24/2022  11:13 AM
I want nothing more than to bash the Knicks FO right now -- but it is not the biggest problem in our orbit right now. I don't give a **** where you think life starts -- that bottom line is we just devalued our women and rolled back rights on them

I have called my Governor and will call my other representatives. Please do the same and please support our women because there are many that are hurting right now.

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/24/2022  11:18 AM
not gonna lie... this feels like a gut punch and only the start
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

6/24/2022  11:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/24/2022  11:20 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:I want nothing more than to bash the Knicks FO right now -- but it is not the biggest problem in our orbit right now. I don't give a **** where you think life starts -- that bottom line is we just devalued our women and rolled back rights on them

I have called my Governor and will call my other representatives. Please do the same and please support our women because there are many that are hurting right now.

How exactly does this decision "devalue women"? It's a dumb decision, I give you that. But I don't understand how we can make the leap you suggested.

And is that decision in ALL cases e.g. rape/incest, threat to a mother's life, etc?

RSparrow2
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6473

6/24/2022  11:34 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I want nothing more than to bash the Knicks FO right now -- but it is not the biggest problem in our orbit right now. I don't give a **** where you think life starts -- that bottom line is we just devalued our women and rolled back rights on them

How exactly does this decision "devalue women"? It's a dumb decision, I give you that. But I don't understand how we can make the leap you suggested.

And is that decision in ALL cases e.g. rape/incest, threat to a mother's life, etc?

So, anyone(women) that has had a baby, science PROVES that a baby in the womb is a life, look at sonograms. So, having an abortion GUARANTEES that you are killing a life EVERYTIME. Sixty Million over the last 50 years, that is 20% on our current population. Women have the right to not have a baby still and that comes BEFORE pregnancy.

Most of all, the Constitution does not give you the right to take a baby in the womb. It can not be a Federal "LAW". It goes to the states now.

Knicks $**k btw ..

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

6/24/2022  11:42 AM
Bad day for America.

Having said that, women in America have had the right to vote for the last 100 years. Maybe this will push them to take matters into their own hands to protect their rights and determine their destiny at the voting booths, rather than rely on a flimsy SCOTUS ruling.

People gotta stop expecting someone to bring them goodies on a silver platter.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

6/24/2022  12:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/24/2022  12:10 PM

Very good point. Women's rights have been taken back to the 1950's. Strange how so many. including females, on the right do not understand this.
Add the USSC ruling on guns earlier this week and I am worried on where we are headed.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
NardDogNation

6/24/2022  12:29 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:

Very good point. Women's rights have been taken back to the 1950's. Strange how so many. including females, on the right do not understand this.
Add the USSC ruling on guns earlier this week and I am worried on where we are headed.

There was a Princeton University study done a few years back on voting. They found that money was more influential in determining policy than actual votes. And considering that the average American couldn't afford a $500 emergency without going into debt pre-pandemic, it is safe to say that the average-Joe has no real sway in choosing the direction of the country. If it did, we'd have universal healthcare and gun reform by now...

foosballnick
Member: #3148

6/24/2022  12:34 PM
RSparrow2 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

So, anyone(women) that has had a baby, science PROVES that a baby in the womb is a life, look at sonograms. So, having an abortion GUARANTEES that you are killing a life EVERYTIME. Sixty Million over the last 50 years, that is 20% on our current population. Women have the right to not have a baby still and that comes BEFORE pregnancy.

Most of all, the Constitution does not give you the right to take a baby in the womb. It can not be a Federal "LAW". It goes to the states now.

Knicks $**k btw ..

Some states with ultra-conservative politicians have been poised to pass laws against contraception once Roe v. Wade was overturned. Are you new to the concept of power hungry politicians?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/birth-control-banned-roe-v-wade-overturned-legal-experts-warn-rcna28253

Also - if there will now be a lot more babies coming, should there not also be required financial assistance to support all of the coming unwanted babies? Who is paying for it?

Honestly IMO we are really not too far off from the fictional society in A Handmaid's Tale.

NardDogNation

6/24/2022  12:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/24/2022  12:38 PM
RSparrow2 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Knicks $**k btw ..

It sounds like you have more of a conservative viewpoint. I'm moreso on the opposite end of the spectrum but can appreciate your concerns on the topic; I think I share the moral POV. Even so, I think it's a dangerous thing to impose my moral viewpoints on another and I believe Roe v Wade needs to be protected. From a more pragmatic standpoint, single-motherhood is a bellwether for whether a child will be at-risk. We have enough problems in society before exacerbating that issue.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

6/24/2022  12:37 PM
Sad day...and I'm not referring to last night's head scratching draft.

WTF is wrong with 'Merica. FFS!

foosballnick

6/24/2022  12:38 PM
NardDogNation wrote:

My understanding is yes. Decisions get kicked to the states. Some states have already passed laws prohibiting these forms of abortion and will consider it homocide in all cases - even if the mother travels to another state with allowable laws to have an abortion.

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

6/24/2022  12:39 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

There was a Princeton University study done a few years back on voting. They found that money was more influential in determining policy than actual votes. And considering that the average American couldn't afford a $500 emergency without going into debt pre-pandemic, it is safe to say that the average-Joe has no real sway in choosing the direction of the country. If it did, we'd have universal healthcare and gun reform by now...

Money ends up being more influential precisely because the average Joe or Jane either does not care to vote or votes with his/her head deep up his/her own arse.

Do you know the origin of the word "idiot"? This is how ancient Greeks called a person with no interest in politics and oblivious to matters of common interest to one's society.

foosballnick

6/24/2022  12:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/24/2022  12:59 PM
Moonangie wrote:Sad day...and I'm not referring to last night's head scratching draft.

WTF is wrong with 'Merica. FFS!

SCOTUS is a lifetime appointment

Conservative PACs and Power Brokers have been mapping out a SCOTUS majority and grooming prospective judges who have anti Roe v. Wade sentiment for a loooong time.

McConnell used his power with a majority Rebublican Senate to obstruct/block Obama from adding a Justice (Garland) to replace the open seat when Scalia died

McConnell's scheming (likely working with conservative power brokers) allowed Trump to appoint 3 conservative / anti-abortion Justices - giving the SCOTUS both a political and SCOTUS majority.

IMO Democrat politicians were not paying enough attention to this. When Biden was elected and with a majority House and Senate - they should have expanded the court by 2 and also looked to enact term limits for SCOTUS appointees. It has been expanded in the past.

Note that this will likely be only the beginning of what a Conservative Supreme Court means for our future. We could easily see:

- Continued / even enhanced gun rights
- Striking down affirmative action in higher education
- Non- Support for equal gender pay
- Weakening federal regulations (for example - environmental regulations
- Supporting Dilution of voting rights
- Overturning of LGBTQ rights - such as the right to same sex marriage

gradyandrew
Member: #8959

6/24/2022  12:55 PM
I have to say that my sympathy for the anti mask, anti science portion of the country is weighing thin. Trump tried a coup and Republicans still lick his a hole because he can bring in brain dead votes. Are we supposed to believe that pro coup Ginni Thomas is somehow acting independently of her pubic hair in coca cola husband? I'm not sure Democrats are much better after Obama sold out on his health care promises to keep that insurance money coming in. Just don't vote Democrat or Republican anymore.
dwiley20
Member: #5755

6/24/2022  1:04 PM
great day for America....yall are murderers...plain n simple
MaTT4281
Member: #538
USA
6/24/2022  1:12 PM
dwiley20 wrote:great day for America....yall are murderers...plain n simple

Great post! Enjoy your life saving guns!

Chandler
Member: #6197

6/24/2022  1:17 PM

Roe v Wade was always tricky jurisprudence. I don't know if people have read it, but it barely gave lip service to equal protection clause (which is explicit) and whether it applies to fetuses but continued a bunch of other cases which found a right to privacy from the fourth amendment which prohibits the government from conducting unfair searches and seizures. I think a lot of people welcomed the outcome from a policy standpoint but the reasoning was always shaky, and for a good long time it was upheld under stare decisis which essentially says we've gotten used to this so let's continue doing it. Consider that logic if we're talking about other contexts like Separate but Equal. Not very satisfactory either.

there are many other legal contexts that involve the definition of life which we leave to the states, such as infanticide (e.g., someone injures a pregnant woman and the fetus dies -- is is murder or just battery)

So at some level i don't have a problem with leaving the issue to the states. That said, and it's not talked about widely, there are HUGE issues with the first amendment when it comes to the regulation of abortion. First amendment among other things is supposed to guarantee separation between Church and State. FWIW this was Laurence Tribe's primary point on abortion. I feel a lot of the regulation is really motivated and guided by religious views on life

(5)(5)
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/24/2022  2:08 PM

I always thought you were a few cards short.. I always wondered how the product of incest would feel during discussion

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
6/24/2022  2:48 PM
The brilliance of killing the unwanted. That argument never fails to amaze me. Selling itself as women's rights.

How many of the dead children never got to enjoy any rights at all? Oh yeah, that's right. All of them.
But of course, it's better to get rid of something that might cause a drain on society. Like single mothers. And the elderly. And the terminally infirm. And gun owners. And any other right wing nuts.

Another thread where the power of ad hominem makes more sense to some than simple biological facts.

Want reproductive rights? Try not ****ing for fun. That goes for both sides of the act. Oh, but that doesn't fit today's societal moral code.

Better to spend time and tax money teaching kindergartners how to **** properly and cross-dress.

dwiley20
Member: #5755

6/24/2022  3:56 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:

I always thought you were a few cards short.. I always wondered how the product of incest would feel during discussion

you can try to justify murder all u want....the simple to the most extreme....im happy i wasnt aborted

OT - Roe V Wade overturned

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy