[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The NBA summer of fun!……..2022 (DRAFT, FA, Trades)
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/23/2022  1:18 PM
Haha, worth the read

Chet Holmgren

High: The entire ‘04 Pistons front court (Tayshaun/Sheed/Ben) combined into one white man

Medium: A pterodactyl who hoops

Low: If Kristaps didn’t get his anemia under control

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
martin
USA
6/23/2022  1:20 PM
Come on Leon, make it so

smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
6/23/2022  1:21 PM
martin wrote:
Uptown wrote:I just posted minutes after you did that if Ivey is the transcendent player that we think he is, IQ can't be the reason we don't get him. It's going to be painful watching IQ go, as he is prob my second-fav player on this team, but you have to give to get.

100% agreed.

There will always be that initial sting and then you bath that in Ivey highlights for a couple of hours and it all goes away

If that were to happen, then any mention of IQ must be banned from these forums except from that BRIGGS thread saying he stucked- that needs to get sticky'd immediately. We have to get cold blooded! I'll sell anyone on this roster out!!!

smackeddog
6/23/2022  1:26 PM
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:If AJ Griffin falls to us you gotta take him, super young sharp shooter . A perfect compliment to rj…. Don’t trade IQ for Ivey but if we can get Ivey for Randle picks you do it . I’d even Be ok with grimes

I would stay away from Griffin due to his injury history. He missed his senior year of HS ball and I believe he missed some if not all of his junior year too. I heard an interview with a scout that mentioned that Griffin has an injury history dating back to 13 years old.

Would love to get Ivey, and I agree, I would much rather include Grimes than IQ. However, if he is the transcendent player that some people think he is, IQ can't be the reason we don't get him and IQ is one of my fav players on this team. Randle does not have the trade value that some people would lead to you believe he has.

what if IQ is that player?

Knicks are a ways away... feels premature to consolidate chips

Obi/IQ are 2nd year guys and had monster finishes. I dont really view them as chips, rather chances to build a deep core rotation. Maybe they arent that good. We will see.

IQ is prolly my fav guy on the team

IQ and Obi's chemistry has been a joy to watch. Just wish they'd been given more minutes and opportunity rather than that horrific 15 game time loop stretch, then we'd have a better idea of how good they are. They were definitely a life line in a miserable season.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/23/2022  1:26 PM
If IVY stars Sac better be able to show something after the Luka pass. That was a different FO, but fans will be frustrated.
In time we'll be fine without IQ as long as he Ivey pans out. If not, it will sting. Fornier was cap space and I like him, but if gone it got us something. I guess the 11 is gone? Then IQ?
We won't know. Naturally if we don't do this and Ivey is great we kick ourselves and forget the details but blast leon as we have Walsh.

Its a crap shoot.

Let me add something, what if Rokas is in there? Ok, what if IQ is gone, and it opens a door for Rokas to come to NY sooner than later? What if moving Burks is that foward thinking Cap space we need to entice Rokas to pay him 4 year deal like a first rounder and give him those years to develop too?

I can do this as I don't see IQ as an all star. But its not important how I view him. Its knicks FO and Sac and in time we don't over pay for Ivey if that goes down.

smackeddog
6/23/2022  1:32 PM
Nalod wrote:If IVY stars Sac better be able to show something after the Luka pass. That was a different FO, but fans will be frustrated.
In time we'll be fine without IQ as long as he Ivey pans out. If not, it will sting. Fornier was cap space and I like him, but if gone it got us something. I guess the 11 is gone? Then IQ?
We won't know. Naturally if we don't do this and Ivey is great we kick ourselves and forget the details but blast leon as we have Walsh.

Its a crap shoot.

Let me add something, what if Rokas is in there? Ok, what if IQ is gone, and it opens a door for Rokas to come to NY sooner than later? What if moving Burks is that foward thinking Cap space we need to entice Rokas to pay him 4 year deal like a first rounder and give him those years to develop too?

I can do this as I don't see IQ as an all star. But its not important how I view him. Its knicks FO and Sac and in time we don't over pay for Ivey if that goes down.

It is- likewise if we trade for Ivey and then he blows his ACL. What mitigates the risk though is it forces the front office into a direction of building around him rather than some middle of the road vet team going no where- so even if he busts, then hopefully we end up with a good lottery pick next year. Still annoying though- Kings don't need/deserve IQ- they have Fox and they have D Mitch.

smackeddog
6/23/2022  1:39 PM
Nothing quite like that draft day feeling when you manage to resist checking your phone for updates for almost an hour, then finally cave and take a peak- it's like opening the glowing box in pulp fiction
smackeddog
6/23/2022  1:50 PM
Shame we couldn't move Randle and land Ayton- would have much rather had the money/risk invested in Ayton going forward. The slander on him because he likes playing video games all night was daft- if he liked clubbing all night it would be considered fine. There are worse things a player can be into than video games, he's only 24!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/23/2022  2:18 PM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Chandler
Member: #6197

6/23/2022  2:19 PM
my strategy is simple. Move up for a star if you can. We'll be better this year and it will be all the harder to get into the star tier in the future

if you can't move choose a shooter. 11 is historically a spot for these guys: reggie miller, Klay, Devin was 13. for some reasons these guys drop (no D; too skinny, etc.)

(5)(5)
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/23/2022  2:21 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Boston is like...

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

6/23/2022  2:30 PM
ToddTT wrote:Assuming we go all in on Ivey, I just want to be the first to say that he’s a BUM and I think he’s progressing too slowly for us. I can’t believe we traded the farm for this clown.

I know this is based on nothing, but I’m just trying to get ready for next season.

That's right, beat the rush....
BigDaddyG

6/23/2022  2:51 PM
Uptown wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Boston is like...

What if the Knicks threw in Kemba?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
6/23/2022  3:09 PM
martin
USA
6/23/2022  3:11 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

The weird part is the TPE is $17M and Founier salary is $19M... not sure how that would work.

martin
USA
6/23/2022  3:16 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

The weird part is the TPE is $17M and Founier salary is $19M... not sure how that would work.

Oh nevermind, unlikely Bonuses account for the difference

BigDaddyG

6/23/2022  4:31 PM
martin wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Burks might make more sense for Boston. Unfortunately, I don't think they can take in Noel as well.
https://sports.yahoo.com/york-knicks-reportedly-looking-create-172950427.html

smackeddog
6/23/2022  4:45 PM

Would be nice if KD potentially becoming available put a halt to rival bids for the 4th pick tonight (even if he doesn’t end up leaving)- Hawks insiders on their boards saying it stopped them from continuing trade talks for Murray.

Kyrie’ she leverage is his unpredictability- he can threaten to walk a away and sign for $6mil with the lakers and you believe he would (because he has walked away from money this past year), so they can lose him for nothing and p off KD, or they can pay up, or they can trade him to where he wants to go and likely p off KD and have to trade him too. Surely the Nets will have to just pay Kyrie in the end after all the grand standing

smackeddog
6/23/2022  4:53 PM

To the Sixers to be reunited with Harden, ha ha!

wargames
Member: #6053

6/23/2022  5:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/23/2022  5:10 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Burks might make more sense for Boston. Unfortunately, I don't think they can take in Noel as well.
https://sports.yahoo.com/york-knicks-reportedly-looking-create-172950427.html

I actually heard that rumor. The Celtics came to them for Burks and Knicks were like “send us a unprotected first rounder you New England, clam chowder eating punks!” and now we’re waiting for their response.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
The NBA summer of fun!……..2022 (DRAFT, FA, Trades)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy