[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The NBA summer of fun!……..2022 (DRAFT, FA, Trades)
Author Thread
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
9/23/2022  8:40 PM

This man knows the truth. Randle got a lot of credit for our good year but the real reason for it was Rose. We were out of the playoffs until we traded for Rose.

On a random note, every time I come into this thread scrolling past those Nia Long pictures put me in a better mood.

AUTOADVERT
Clean
9/23/2022  9:43 PM
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/24/2022  12:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/24/2022  12:46 AM
Dont believe its anything like that. Lonzo has experienced trouble staying on the court, since he was drafted. Plays at a high clip. Wear and tear. I was hoping he would be a Knick, but that probably wouldnt have turned out well.

LivingLegend wrote:
Clean wrote:
We dodged a huge bullet here. I like him as a player but man his injury history is really bad.

Am I the only one who is wondering if Lonzo is either trying get out of Chicago or retire altogether with an injury settlement?

I know that’s an extreme take but it just seems like he is perpetually having setbacks without ever really getting on the floor - just seems odd.

wargames
Member: #6053

9/24/2022  6:10 AM
Clean wrote:

The Celtics better hope they did not ruin another players career. Like I said with Kemba last year when he was said to have minor discomfort. Knee injuries are serious business. There is too much running in basketball for people to not take them seriously. The way they had him playing months with a really bad knee is not good. Just like they had IT doing the same with a really bad hip.

Add this to the dysfunction of them putting Jaylen Brown on the market and Ime Udoka and I would be surprised if they make it to the finals.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

9/24/2022  9:43 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Dont believe its anything like that. Lonzo has experienced trouble staying on the court, since he was drafted. Plays at a high clip. Wear and tear. I was hoping he would be a Knick, but that probably wouldnt have turned out well.

LivingLegend wrote:
Clean wrote:
We dodged a huge bullet here. I like him as a player but man his injury history is really bad.

Am I the only one who is wondering if Lonzo is either trying get out of Chicago or retire altogether with an injury settlement?

I know that’s an extreme take but it just seems like he is perpetually having setbacks without ever really getting on the floor - just seems odd.

We really dodged a bullet with this guy. And people were fellating the bulls last year for signing him and Derozan

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
9/24/2022  10:42 AM
Chicago could be this years 'Knicks' and end up with a huge decline from last season. Not sure DeRozan can duplicate last season either.
Philc1

9/24/2022  11:45 AM
SergioNYK wrote:Chicago could be this years 'Knicks' and end up with a huge decline from last season. Not sure DeRozan can duplicate last season either.

I’d love that

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
9/24/2022  2:15 PM
Philc1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Dont believe its anything like that. Lonzo has experienced trouble staying on the court, since he was drafted. Plays at a high clip. Wear and tear. I was hoping he would be a Knick, but that probably wouldnt have turned out well.

LivingLegend wrote:
Clean wrote:

We really dodged a bullet with this guy. And people were fellating the bulls last year for signing him and Derozan

No one really knows what will happen once a player is acquired. Injuries happen and are unavoidable for the most part. The talent and reasoning for thinking Ball would help our team is still valid. It's not like he was G. Oden w/red flags. Maybe Ball signing here doesn't result in the current injury issue/status. I for one liked Ball (but not Derozan) and do think his talent would have complemented this roster...if healthy - maybe even more then Brunson due to his defensive ability.

wargames
Member: #6053

9/24/2022  4:49 PM
I am actually waiting to see what players end up on the move. The Knicks have assets to make moves.
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/26/2022  3:08 PM
G-League team gonna be stacked.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

9/27/2022  12:17 PM
Clean wrote:
This man knows the truth. Randle got a lot of credit for our good year but the real reason for it was Rose. We were out of the playoffs until we traded for Rose.

On a random note, every time I come into this thread scrolling past those Nia Long pictures put me in a better mood.

That's why I posted so many of them...I'm just here to scroll...

BigDaddyG

9/27/2022  12:39 PM
Uptown wrote:
Clean wrote:

That's why I posted so many of them...I'm just here to scroll...

We need to resurrect the ALBA thread

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Clean
9/27/2022  12:40 PM

I know this will get Knicks fans upset but I don't disagree with Thibs here. I like Grimes but I have to see him constantly put up good shooting performances or clearly beat out EF before I give him the starting spot. EF until proven otherwise is our best shooter and that starting lineup needs all the shooting they can get.

Clean
9/27/2022  3:19 PM
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

9/27/2022  4:51 PM
Clean wrote:

I know this will get Knicks fans upset but I don't disagree with Thibs here. I like Grimes but I have to see him constantly put up good shooting performances or clearly beat out EF before I give him the starting spot. EF until proven otherwise is our best shooter and that starting lineup needs all the shooting they can get.

I'm not disagreeing with your points, but this is why I called BS when Rose said that everyone will enter training camp with a clean slate

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/27/2022  5:06 PM
Uptown wrote:
Clean wrote:

I'm not disagreeing with your points, but this is why I called BS when Rose said that everyone will enter training camp with a clean slate

You actually are taking his front-runner response to a question that seriously? Or the clean slate thing to mean every starting position is up for grabs?

After just 1 training camp session?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/27/2022  6:59 PM
Clean wrote:

Fact is Evan is a darn good player and if Grimes can take this job away and out perform then gosh darn it he’ll get a chance.
Evan after a bad start last year played very well. Grimes got 46 games in and really showed a lot. But not enough to give him the job outright. Not even close.
Perhaps in time…………..As we mostly expect/hope.

Philc1

9/28/2022  9:50 AM
Clean wrote:

Haha, f the bulls

BigDaddyG

9/28/2022  9:57 AM
Philc1 wrote:
Clean wrote:

Haha, f the bulls

I mean, f the Bulls because of reasons, the primary one being they exist. But this sounds kinda bad and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Hope he can eventually resume his career.
Philc1

9/28/2022  10:03 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
Clean wrote:

Haha, f the bulls

I mean, f the Bulls because of reasons, the primary one being they exist. But this sounds kinda bad and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Hope he can eventually resume his career.

Nothing against Lonzo personally. I just hate the bulls for ruining the 90’s for me

The NBA summer of fun!……..2022 (DRAFT, FA, Trades)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy