[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The NBA summer of fun!……..2022 (DRAFT, FA, Trades)
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/23/2022  9:22 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/23/2022  9:28 AM
SergioNYK wrote:Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst tonight.

Doubt we trade up for Ivey. I'll be very surprised. Seems too expensive to do so and risky going all in on an unproven player. This regime would lose their jobs unless Ivey is Ja Morant 2.0. If we stay at 11 I'm hoping for Johnny Davis but I doubt he'll be there. Most mocks have us taking AJ Griffin and I'm meh on him. I like the shooting but I do not like taking a player with knee injury history. We've never ever done well with those. So if Davis is gone, I think I'd go with Agbaji. I would strongly consider Sochan but this regime seems committed to Randle so where would he even play? If we trade down I like Jalen Williams or BouChamp.

And I'm passing on Dyson Daniels, Duren and Branham.

Jalen williams will help the Knicks much more than a catch and shoot role player which we already have in grimes and Fournier---it would be picking someone just for the process. We have Obi and Randle so ditto for sochan. Williams is a diversified playmaker with long range--he can be suited into multi position. It makes a lot of common sense for the Knicks. We really could use a playmaker --the more u think about fit--its easy to simply pick him. Hes gonna be a stud. At 6-6 210 with a 7-3 ws he can slot 1-4. Gives us great diversity.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
6/23/2022  9:39 AM

“The NBA punishes the middle.”

Yes they do. It is why we have been at a talent deficit for 20ish years.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/23/2022  9:42 AM

AJ Griff likely would be a bench player but could push the narrative with is play. EF might have more trade value than emotionally bias fans think and Grimes is a big time chip with his cap hold. I would not expect EF and Grimes to be here long term if we take AJ. That means something else will happen. What that is I don’t know.
Funny, when pass on guys that have knee issues they don’t become problems? Guys like Blair and Danny Granger had nice careers.
Give this kid a year with a physiologist and get that body together rather than having to produce to get to the next level. Have to see him have dropped to us at 11 becuase of the issues. The kid can lights out shoot. The rest? Have to speculate if we take him.
The Boo Birds will be in brooklyn if it happens.

Duran? Might be the long term solution at center. Key word “Might”.

I trust Leon and his years evaluating talent. WWWes to figure out a kids head, Byant acumen to develop, Perry’s experience both good and bad, and Brock Aller keen analytics.

BTW, if you want to know the current FO look here: https://www.nba.com/knicks/front-office. scroll down and you get to the basketball operations staff. Its them who is accountable or “Fanatics” like me, PhilC, and Briggs. We mean well but we only go by what we read and what makes sense to us. Some of us read more than others. By that I mean the whole lot of us. Well, most of us.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/23/2022  9:50 AM
Clean wrote:

ITs true. But its not always by design is it? Issue is when you go for it like we did 12 years ago with the AMARE/Melo thing and you lack picks and cap space your stuck good or bad.
Nets under marks had the right coach in place to go deep and rebuild after their run under Prokohrov/KIng era and did a mastful job to get cap space but have trade assets. I say that because they accomplished a great feat (Pay durant 35mil to sit is a great feat too!!!). But it has yet to execute. They got harden, a great idea! But covid/Kyrie and derailed that. It think simmons with Kyrie is a great idea too. But will it ever execute? If they can trade Kyrie and Durant for reasonable value and get Simmons back on track that could be how they unwind their current cluster phuch. But they swung for the fences!!!!!
Rockets have now tanked two seasons? heavy price to pay. See how that unwinds.

Being bold would have been trading KP when Phil wanted to. His legacy could have changed right there. Instead he opted in to his last two years, got 24mil, and then fired. Dolan wanted his star. We all know how that worked out. And to be fair, phil had little pulp in his cred to continue. His firing was justified at that time. Its the hindsight irony that is all to familiar to knick fans.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/23/2022  9:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/23/2022  10:01 AM
Clean wrote:

A franchise that "gets it"! Silas, the head coach said, "Hopefully, that leads to wins, but development is the priority." I've been saying this for years. But, over the years, we have been more concerned with being somewhat relevant (bottom-middle) as opposed to tearing this thing, slowly building the foundation so it can support consistent winning in the future, and prioritizing development before all else.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/23/2022  10:16 AM
Clean wrote:

Is that really the reason why? I thought it was trading decades of draft picks for front offices desperate to field a good product for the tourist filled MSG bubble.

I'm lukewarm on this FO, but its surely the first I have seen since Ewing that takes a team building approach, uses the draft and fills key spots with young players. I suspect it's going to be awhile but you cant always control that

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
6/23/2022  10:19 AM
I see AJ Griffin as the chance to redo the Knox draft and get one of the Bridges. If I’m missing something, he had a knee dislocation that was cleared to return from in 2-4 weeks.

Was there something else? ACL/MCL/Meniscus tear? Osteoarthritis?

He performed at Duke the way Cam Reddish was supposed to. The guy can really shoot. But while his is optimal for a SG, it’s not quite right to slot with RJ. (You’d more ideally like a 6’8-6’9 guy with more length.

But he seems solid enough, can handle the rock a bit, get to his spots.

It remains to be seen what’s available at 11… or if we trade up or down. (I bet we trade down again and get more assets)

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Jimbo5
Member: #8854

6/23/2022  10:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/23/2022  10:32 AM
What if the Ivey interest is somehow a smokescreen(if it happens, good) but they are also interested in shaedon Sharpe. He is this year's mystery man. Thankfully the FO is tight with Kentucky to give them actual info. Will you guys be happy if the knicks trade up to get Sharpe?

Maybe they can pivot and focus their pg efforts on Murray. I like Murray alot, more than Brunson. Il be happy with Sharpe and Murray as offseason pick ups

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

6/23/2022  10:25 AM
If AJ Griffin falls to us you gotta take him, super young sharp shooter . A perfect compliment to rj…. Don’t trade IQ for Ivey but if we can get Ivey for Randle picks you do it . I’d even Be ok with grimes
Uptown

6/23/2022  10:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/23/2022  10:43 AM
If we can't get Ivey, would definitely look to move up to grab Sharpe...As Macri says, it would show some "Forward-thinking" from this front office.

Jimbo5
Member: #8854

6/23/2022  10:42 AM
Since Sharpe sat out last year most people know little anout him. Who is his NBA comparison? Floor and ceiling? I see JR Smith's name being tossed in as well as Zach Lavin. If he gets closer to Zach then he will be wortg trading up.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/23/2022  10:50 AM
I am a buyer of this thought process and where the Knicks/Sac are on a trade for #4. I think the Knicks FO LOVE IQ cause he is a pro's pro in terms of practice and extra work.

I would add my own caveat on top of the below: If the Knicks include IQ, they would DESPERATELY try to unload Burks, Noel, whatever to make room to go after Brunson and would try to shift the trade for #4 to help with that. Who knows though

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Uptown

6/23/2022  10:52 AM
fitzfarm wrote:If AJ Griffin falls to us you gotta take him, super young sharp shooter . A perfect compliment to rj…. Don’t trade IQ for Ivey but if we can get Ivey for Randle picks you do it . I’d even Be ok with grimes

I would stay away from Griffin due to his injury history. He missed his senior year of HS ball and I believe he missed some if not all of his junior year too. I heard an interview with a scout that mentioned that Griffin has an injury history dating back to 13 years old.

Would love to get Ivey, and I agree, I would much rather include Grimes than IQ. However, if he is the transcendent player that some people think he is, IQ can't be the reason we don't get him and IQ is one of my fav players on this team. Randle does not have the trade value that some people would lead to you believe he has.

Uptown

6/23/2022  10:54 AM
martin wrote:I am a buyer of this thought process and where the Knicks/Sac are on a trade for #4. I think the Knicks FO LOVE IQ cause he is a pro's pro in terms of practice and extra work.

I would add my own caveat on top of the below: If the Knicks include IQ, they would DESPERATELY try to unload Burks, Noel, whatever to make room to go after Brunson and would try to shift the trade for #4 to help with that. Who knows though

I just posted minutes after you did that if Ivey is the transcendent player that we think he is, IQ can't be the reason we don't get him. It's going to be painful watching IQ go, as he is prob my second-fav player on this team, but you have to give to get.

martin
USA
6/23/2022  10:58 AM
Uptown wrote:I just posted minutes after you did that if Ivey is the transcendent player that we think he is, IQ can't be the reason we don't get him. It's going to be painful watching IQ go, as he is prob my second-fav player on this team, but you have to give to get.

100% agreed.

There will always be that initial sting and then you bath that in Ivey highlights for a couple of hours and it all goes away

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

6/23/2022  11:01 AM
Uptown wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:If AJ Griffin falls to us you gotta take him, super young sharp shooter . A perfect compliment to rj…. Don’t trade IQ for Ivey but if we can get Ivey for Randle picks you do it . I’d even Be ok with grimes

I would stay away from Griffin due to his injury history. He missed his senior year of HS ball and I believe he missed some if not all of his junior year too. I heard an interview with a scout that mentioned that Griffin has an injury history dating back to 13 years old.

Would love to get Ivey, and I agree, I would much rather include Grimes than IQ. However, if he is the transcendent player that some people think he is, IQ can't be the reason we don't get him and IQ is one of my fav players on this team. Randle does not have the trade value that some people would lead to you believe he has.

I hear you, the more I think about it, if they view Ivey as a star they can build around with RJ and obi, and if you have to give up IQ it would hurt but I do understand. I still think we should get back into the backend of the first shipping burks, EF and Noel .

Randle I’m convinced we need to move … it’s time to give Obi the minutes

martin
USA
6/23/2022  11:02 AM
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/23/2022  11:06 AM
Uptown wrote:

what if IQ is that player?

Knicks are a ways away... feels premature to consolidate chips

Obi/IQ are 2nd year guys and had monster finishes. I dont really view them as chips, rather chances to build a deep core rotation. Maybe they arent that good. We will see.

IQ is prolly my fav guy on the team

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/23/2022  11:08 AM
Uptown wrote:
martin wrote:I am a buyer of this thought process and where the Knicks/Sac are on a trade for #4. I think the Knicks FO LOVE IQ cause he is a pro's pro in terms of practice and extra work.

I just posted minutes after you did that if Ivey is the transcendent player that we think he is, IQ can't be the reason we don't get him. It's going to be painful watching IQ go, as he is prob my second-fav player on this team, but you have to give to get.

What if you think Ivey is more Bradley Beal than D. Wade? Not crapping on Ivey, but a transcendent player would have no problem being the #1 overall pick over Jabari Smith. I'd have to think long and hard on this.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
foosballnick
Member: #3148

6/23/2022  11:10 AM
NBA TV Mock has us taking Malaki Branham at 11.
The NBA summer of fun!……..2022 (DRAFT, FA, Trades)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy