[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The NBA summer of fun!……..2022 (DRAFT, FA, Trades)
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
6/22/2022  6:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/22/2022  6:21 PM
martin wrote:And so it starts…

So that puts to rest trading randle there (was pretty much ruled out for a while anyways)

Means detroit can't trade him to the Kings to move up, which may mean they think they can get Ivey at 5 if the Kings stay pat.

Also means no OG to the blazers (rumors were blazers were trying to work out a trade of the 7th Pick for him).

Wonder if the pistons are going after Ayton with a max offer

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/22/2022  6:44 PM
smackeddog wrote:

So that puts to rest trading randle there (was pretty much ruled out for a while anyways)

Means detroit can't trade him to the Kings to move up, which may mean they think they can get Ivey at 5 if the Kings stay pat.

Also means no OG to the blazers (rumors were blazers were trying to work out a trade of the 7th Pick for him).

I wouldn't call that Mitch extension just yet. Jalen Brunson also might have found himself some legit leverage

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/22/2022  6:57 PM
Grant traded to Portland 2025# 1
RIP Crushalot😞
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/22/2022  7:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/22/2022  7:08 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I wouldn't call that Mitch extension just yet. Jalen Brunson also might have found himself some legit leverage

Good call. Can't believe the Pistons are satisfied with moving Grant for a Bucks 1st round pick. This move was made to clear salary for a bigger move. They now have 43 million in salary cap space.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/22/2022  7:11 PM
Uptown wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Good call. Can't believe the Pistons are satisfied with moving Grant for a Bucks 1st round pick. This move was made to clear salary for a bigger move. They now have 43 million in salary cap space.

Ayton

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/22/2022  7:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/22/2022  7:23 PM
martin wrote:
Uptown wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Ayton

Yup. And imagine if the Kings take Murray @ 4 and Ivey slips to 5 for the Pistons.

Cade
Ivey
Bey
Bagley
Ayton

That is a really good, young talented roster. A roster that looks better than our current roster for sure. Give them a year or 2....and they should be challenging for a playoff spot in the east.

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
6/22/2022  7:50 PM
What the hell is Detroit doing? I can't imagine they couldn't find a better offer for Grant than a protected pick 3 years later.

If you're Portland though, suddenly you're looking to field a veteran team, what do you do with #7?

As an unbiased party, Dame/Grant/Randle looks solid! Will take Bledsoe and that troublesome pick off your hands...

martin
USA
6/22/2022  7:58 PM
BigDaddyG

6/22/2022  9:52 PM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Jimbo5
Member: #8854

6/22/2022  11:02 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

In line of this, i have this feeling in my stomach that last minute the hawks will swoop in with a collins offer to get the 4th pick. Leaving the knicks empty once again.

If that happens just trade down and get Jalen Williams and hopefully another 1st round pick

Jimbo5
Member: #8854

6/23/2022  12:05 AM
The spurs are open to trading Dejounte Murray, can this be the knicks plan B if they strike out on moving up to 4? Reports say the Spurs are leaning towards getting draft capital more than actual players. Can this be an ideal option for the knicks? Have they showm any interest in Dejounte Murray?
Clean
Member: #743
6/23/2022  12:28 AM
We need to get in on Dejounte Murray. Also why do teams have a hard on for John Collins and Randle is a better player.
smackeddog
6/23/2022  3:45 AM
MaTT4281 wrote:What the hell is Detroit doing? I can't imagine they couldn't find a better offer for Grant than a protected pick 3 years later.

If you're Portland though, suddenly you're looking to field a veteran team, what do you do with #7?

As an unbiased party, Dame/Grant/Randle looks solid! Will take Bledsoe and that troublesome pick off your hands...

Grant got overrated by the bball writers due to the surprise start he had with the Pistons (If he'd been a knick and had exactly the same performance the past 2 seasons, every piece would be saying how he had little to no value round the league). After that he cooled down, was quite inefficient and became in jury prone. Plus he wants a max or near max extension once his deal expires next offseason. Ironically his best role is the one he signed with Detroit to get away from- as a 3rd or 4th option. As a 1st or 2nd, he's just not good enough.

smackeddog
6/23/2022  3:50 AM
Chris Haynes saying the Blazers are offering the 7th pick for OG (so I was way of when I said he was no longer an option for them). A team of:

PG- Lillard
SG- Simmons
SF- OG
PF Grant
C- Nurkic?

Would be interesting (particularly defensively with Nurkic, OG and Grant and Hart, though the starting backcourt would let the side down)

smackeddog
6/23/2022  4:08 AM
This Plan D of trading for Brogdon is killing me! If you keep having Plan A,B,C,D and having to settle for plan C or D, you end up with a team that is Plan C or D and looks it. It might make tactical sense but strategically it gets worse and worse over time. So last offseason and the one before we refused to offer 3rd or 4th years because we wanted full cap space and flexibility in 2 offseason time. So why then pivot to taking on Brogdon's 3 year $22mil per contract one season later?

A Thibs coached team of:

PG- Brogdon
SG- ?
SF- RJ
PF- Randle
C- Mitch

would be as dull and aimless as the team we had to watch this year before the young players got the mins. I don't get the strategy- where's that team going? You're blocking the younger guys from having bigger roles with older vets who's salaries are not attractive to other teams, yet are avoiding a high pick, but are also blocking any cap space. Unless the plan is Brogddon is so injury prone, IQ will eventually get his chance at starting PG. It would be like the Scott Laden era Mark 2 in terms of dullness

BigDaddyG

6/23/2022  8:07 AM
Clean wrote:We need to get in on Dejounte Murray. Also why do teams have a hard on for John Collins and Randle is a better player.

Is Pop still mad at us?

martin
USA
6/23/2022  9:00 AM
martin
USA
6/23/2022  9:02 AM
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/23/2022  9:12 AM
Wild rumors and when we take AJ at 11 fans boo and we get all pissy as it was all right there the whole time………

But, Sac will entertain offers right up to the moment because they can. Unless all bidders back out. They will have either had the bids there on the table and pick one, or they got pulled.

Detroit has cap space and while Grant went cheap, thats the price of cap space. They get a player with it and its not cheap. Its why many deals don’t get done. Talk on Knicks Film school was using Fornier, pick (s) and Cam. Something today, something new, something in the future. Can’t say what the picks were.

Lets be real also, next year picks are valuable. Even the Dallas pick. While we all want the sugar rush today one has to be cool about what it gets spent on. IVey alone won’t turn us this season, but I agree its worth pursuing.

So is Brunson at the right price. KFS intimated we help the kid by bidding it up. If not there, we take him. If it gets expensive, Uncle Leon helped Jalen out as a good friend. Win-Win.

If Grimes is the real deal then he can step in for EF and we get cap space. Seems foolish to blow that to resign Mitch but that might be the price to keep him. can’t fault the knicks for that as Mitch was not worthy early given injury history.
I don’t love mitch, but he the best we got unitl otherwise. I just want that deal to be trade worthy. EF came free. So it was cap space used then released. Not terrible.

Rokas as a chip to SAC? Credit to KFS also where I heard it. Not saying it was a rumor but it was discussed. Of course I want to see him in a knick uni but the question is he or after his successful stash season be a lottery pick today if he was coming out and if so, can they undo (in part of course) some of the Luka backlash. EF, Cam, Roka for the 4? Its easy to say throw in the 11 and we’d be happy? Is that too much. They want Rokas right away? Thats adding three players. A lot to digest. I could be off base that we need to use the 11, or the Dallas pick next year, or some of our 2nd round wealth for next year. At what point do you INTELLECTUALLY draw the line and not do the deal? Fans have too much emotionality for this. We want it!!!! Want it all! Want it now!!!!!

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
6/23/2022  9:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/23/2022  9:15 AM
Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst tonight.

Doubt we trade up for Ivey. I'll be very surprised. Seems too expensive to do so and risky going all in on an unproven player. This regime would lose their jobs unless Ivey is Ja Morant 2.0. If we stay at 11 I'm hoping for Johnny Davis but I doubt he'll be there. Most mocks have us taking AJ Griffin and I'm meh on him. I like the shooting but I do not like taking a player with knee injury history. We've never ever done well with those. So if Davis is gone, I think I'd go with Agbaji. I would strongly consider Sochan but this regime seems committed to Randle so where would he even play? If we trade down I like Jalen Williams or BouChamp.

And I'm passing on Dyson Daniels, Duren and Branham.

The NBA summer of fun!……..2022 (DRAFT, FA, Trades)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy