[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The NBA summer of fun!……..2022 (DRAFT, FA, Trades)
Author Thread
SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
6/30/2022  11:09 AM
Anyone else expecting Riley to now steal Brunson?

Pat the Riley doesn't lose recruiting visits.

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/30/2022  11:14 AM
SergioNYK wrote:Anyone else expecting Riley to now steal Brunson?

Pat the Riley doesn't lose recruiting visits.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Clean
Member: #743
6/30/2022  11:59 AM
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
wargames wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
wargames wrote:
smackeddog wrote:May be some truth to Mitch leaving, J Fischer just tweeted
Isaiah Hartenstein has us as another suitor.

I'm okay with that

Maybe insurance but I don’t see how we pay him.

Don't see him getting more than the full MLE. Probably a little less.

We don’t have the MLE. We would have the space that Brunson doesn’t use and the Room exception for about 5 Mil.

I don't know exactly how this all unfolds and I think in the very least the Kemba/Detoirt trade has technically not occurred (and maybe even Noel/Burks too). I think the Knicks are trying to manuever as an over the cap team but I don't know the logistics.

The Spotrac approach to cap analysis shows all three transactions and the Jalen Duren trade as still pending. So, theoretically we are still over the cap with the ability to “make the trade bigger” by including other teams when the trades actually clear.

If I understand it, a Brunson sign and trade could be looped into the Detroit Kemba/Burks/Noel trade without putting the Knicks below the cap.

Brock Aller pulling all nighters trying to figure all this out like he back in college

Who knew brock Aller would become the MVP of the Knicks. I remember one journalist reporting that the Knicks were horrible to negotiate with during the draft because they were all over the place. I see it as them trying to get all the different scenarios and finding how to best play it while having a time limit.

Jimbo5
Member: #8854

6/30/2022  12:00 PM
If the news breaks that Brunson will sign with the knicks. The knicks can finally end their starting point guard search after years and years of looking. Im curious what else if the knicks FO cooking. I do think signing Brunson and a back up center is not their endgame for the offseason. Maybe there is a secret move they are preparing to make.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/30/2022  12:08 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:apparently, Miles Bridges was arrested last night for domestic violence

perfect timing

Can see Riley Bailing him out and signing him? Who could refuse such a gesture?
Or, WWW getting in his cell and in his head to sign with knicks. Gets 5 star meal bought into jail and demonstrates how "he takes care of his guys".
For all we know, Wes had him set up to lose his mind and get arrested. All part of the CAA magic to get players under the umbrella?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/30/2022  12:15 PM
Jimbo5 wrote:If the news breaks that Brunson will sign with the knicks. The knicks can finally end their starting point guard search after years and years of looking. Im curious what else if the knicks FO cooking. I do think signing Brunson and a back up center is not their endgame for the offseason. Maybe there is a secret move they are preparing to make.

THere is a sequence that matters. They can announce they come to terms. or not. Then persue a sign and trade with Ayton. The idea is that PHX would want a trade. You don't do that if Burnson was not connected and wanted to strike while he had options and not get screwed. If they have that, and No sign and trade needed by Dallas there is a saavy move to make. I dont' know what that is, but its a bonus if Brunson plays ball.
He has to not get hurt either working out. Mitch and Randle if you can sign and trade Mitch. Thats like 39mil going out. Ayton and someone else comes back? Elf?

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/30/2022  12:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2022  12:28 PM
martin wrote:
wargames wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
wargames wrote:
smackeddog wrote:May be some truth to Mitch leaving, J Fischer just tweeted
Isaiah Hartenstein has us as another suitor.

I'm okay with that

Maybe insurance but I don’t see how we pay him.

Don't see him getting more than the full MLE. Probably a little less.

We don’t have the MLE. We would have the space that Brunson doesn’t use and the Room exception for about 5 Mil.

I don't know exactly how this all unfolds and I think in the very least the Kemba/Detoirt trade has technically not occurred (and maybe even Noel/Burks too). I think the Knicks are trying to manuever as an over the cap team but I don't know the logistics.

Yep. I think a lot of it hinges on if the Knicks sign Brunson into space or if they orchestrate a sign and trade with Dallas. Edit: But that was before the Burks and Noel trades. But they may still be able to sign Hartenstein into space as well. I think he maybe looking at about $8M per.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/30/2022  1:01 PM
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/30/2022  2:40 PM
Uptown wrote:
no freakin way they took Randle to the Mavs game, watched Brunson, signed him and then trade Randle now. I mean that would be some wild stuff

Hey I said no way a team was taking $30mm of our role players and I totally whiffed on that one

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/30/2022  2:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2022  2:56 PM

Yowzer- guess Suns are most likely, maybe, if they trade Ayton, Bridge's/ Cam Johnson, whatever

This will likely mess with FA and trades until it's resolved.

martin
USA
6/30/2022  2:57 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Yowzer- guess Suns are most likely, maybe, if they trade Ayton, Bridge's/ Cam Johnson, whatever

HAHAHAAHAHHAHAAAHA

Kyrie technically has til 5pm today to submit his opt-in?

smackeddog
6/30/2022  2:59 PM
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
no freakin way they took Randle to the Mavs game, watched Brunson, signed him and then trade Randle now. I mean that would be some wild stuff

Hey I said no way a team was taking $30mm of our role players and I totally whiffed on that one

Agreed- likely we're stuck with him, it's frustrating because our starting lineup just doesn't work while he's here. Take him out and suddenly it does

smackeddog
6/30/2022  3:00 PM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

HAHAHAAHAHHAHAAAHA

Well he doesn't need to do s***! He can just opt in and now they have to buy him out and he gets to go wherever he wants. He could even re-team up with KD if he wanted to and sign for the minimum for one season while collecting his $40mil Brooklyn check

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/30/2022  3:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2022  3:31 PM
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

HAHAHAAHAHHAHAAAHA

Well he doesn't need to do s***! He can just opt in and now they have to buy him out and he gets to go wherever he wants. He could even re-team up with KD if he wanted to and sign for the minimum for one season while collecting his $40mil Brooklyn check

That franchise is a bunch of attention whores. They can't stand all the attention the media is giving us for signing our "average" player, so they sent their HOFer to go out and garner media shine. It's pathetic.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
6/30/2022  4:05 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:apparently, Miles Bridges was arrested last night for domestic violence

perfect timing

Second incident this offseason. Huge red flags anyway (if true), and an extra red flag for getting into trouble when you’ve got over a $100mil at stake and all you have to do is just not get into any trouble for a few weeks

martin
USA
6/30/2022  4:06 PM
martin
USA
6/30/2022  4:07 PM
martin
USA
6/30/2022  5:18 PM
Spurs going all in on being a certified GLeague team

martin
USA
6/30/2022  5:54 PM
sidsanders
Member: #2426

6/30/2022  6:07 PM
beal really worth q of a billion?? he better get them to conf finals at the least and do it more than once for that contract to be worth it.
GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
The NBA summer of fun!……..2022 (DRAFT, FA, Trades)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy