[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The NBA summer of fun!……..2022 (DRAFT, FA, Trades)
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/22/2022  2:30 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:Anyone care to post?

Have us taking AJ Griffin:
Few teams expect the Knicks to be drafting here when all is said and done. The team is said to be aggressively exploring scenarios in which they will trade down, or trade out of the draft altogether if they can land a starting caliber-point guard such as Malcolm Brogdon. The Knicks could also create enough cap room by dumping significant salary on a team like Oklahoma City, in order to go after a big-name free agent -- Kyrie Irving, for example. If they decide to keep the pick, drafting a player such as Griffin, who is arguably the best shooter in the class after making 45% of his 3-pointers, could make sense. His 7-foot wingspan gives him significant potential defensively, he's one of the youngest players in the draft and he plays one of the most coveted positions in the modern NBA.

Is that old cause I just saw this

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

6/22/2022  2:31 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Few teams expect the Knicks to be drafting here when all is said and done. The team is said to be aggressively exploring scenarios in which they will trade down, or trade out of the draft altogether if they can land a starting caliber-point guard such as Malcolm Brogdon. The Knicks could also create enough cap room by dumping significant salary on a team like Oklahoma City, in order to go after a big-name free agent -- Kyrie Irving, for example. If they decide to keep the pick, drafting a player such as Griffin, who is arguably the best shooter in the class after making 45% of his 3-pointers, could make sense. His 7-foot wingspan gives him significant potential defensively, he's one of the youngest players in the draft and he plays one of the most coveted positions in the modern NBA.

when i see things like arguably best shooter in the draft, the optimist in me thinks back to Reggie Miller, Klay, Devin all picked in or around our spot.

(5)(5)
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/22/2022  2:31 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Is that old cause I just saw this

Probably old. I looked up an archive.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
6/22/2022  2:44 PM
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/22/2022  3:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/22/2022  3:18 PM
Chandler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

when i see things like arguably best shooter in the draft, the optimist in me thinks back to Reggie Miller, Klay, Devin all picked in or around our spot.

Interesting point. We like the long armed high flyer athletes but the Shooters also need some patience. This kid is still 18 and his pops played and now is assistant coach at Toronto (in the running for Jazz job).
This kind of pedigree adds to his value. one can alway find concerns about why to NOT draft a player. Its about the variables. Young, but built like a brick ****house. If Johnny Davis off the board maybe we go there. I know we want a PG but this draft is not all there with that and they will need time. Ivey is not a Pure PG, he is a playmaker. Im good. No true PG in this draft is stepping in and starting. If there is a trade that moves Grimes then you grab this kid?

I like the upside of Jalen Duran. ANd Davis. and the 10 guys Briggs has said over the last few weeks.

Maybe the three way is to get Haywood to SAC with us being the third team but we end up with the 4? The whole Mitch thing perhaps is about sign and trade BEFORE the draft? Hmmmmmm?

martin
USA
6/22/2022  3:31 PM
Ive been all in on thinking Knicks will be going after Ivey for a while and would love this guy

martin
USA
6/22/2022  3:32 PM
doomed
Member: #1078
USA
6/22/2022  4:06 PM
martin wrote:Zero clue if this is legit or not but in theory it makes sense to me, at least from Knicks standpoint.

If Knicks get #7 (and I doubt Burks/Noel is all that palatable to POR but I have no clue on that), they can try to move up to #4 using the #7 pick and if they swing and miss, just use #7 for BPA.

no way in hell does Portland make that deal

smackeddog
Member: #883
6/22/2022  4:32 PM
All these contradictory rumors suggest, basically, Rose & his Knicks regime are doing what they’ve always done- investigate every possibility (trade up, trade down, trade out, stay pat), prepare plan A, B, C, D; set their price and don’t exceed it. And what usually happens is we end up with plan C or D, keeping the powder dry for some future event.
wargames
Member: #6053

6/22/2022  4:58 PM
smackeddog wrote:All these contradictory rumors suggest, basically, Rose & his Knicks regime are doing what they’ve always done- investigate every possibility (trade up, trade down, trade out, stay pat), prepare plan A, B, C, D; set their price and don’t exceed it. And what usually happens is we end up with plan C or D, keeping the powder dry for some future event.

Yep, sounds about right…

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
martin
USA
6/22/2022  5:10 PM

smackeddog
6/22/2022  5:17 PM
When do players actually find out who’s drafting them and when does the nba know? Woj and Shams always seem to know ahead of schedule, so it doesn’t seem it’s as ‘live’ as it’s portrayed. I mean, there’s no way they can sort out trades and other stuff in such a small time frame between picks on TV.

But then again we have stuff like when the knicks traded up to get a shot at Maxey, then traded down again once the Sixes picked him. Just wondering if it’s minutes or hours ahead?

BigDaddyG

6/22/2022  5:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/22/2022  5:21 PM
martin wrote:

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
6/22/2022  5:24 PM
smackeddog wrote:When do players actually find out who’s drafting them and when does the nba know? Woj and Shams always seem to know ahead of schedule, so it doesn’t seem it’s as ‘live’ as it’s portrayed. I mean, there’s no way they can sort out trades and other stuff in such a small time frame between picks on TV.

But then again we have stuff like when the knicks traded up to get a shot at Maxey, then traded down again once the Sixes picked him. Just wondering if it’s minutes or hours ahead?

minutes

smackeddog
6/22/2022  5:34 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

I’ve refuse to watch any YouTube vids or entertain any thoughts of him as a knick unless/until I see him wearing that Knicks cap on the day- can’t take the crushing blow of going from thinking we’re landing Ivy, to “oh, maybe we’ll end up with Brunson then, that might be okay”, to “Brogdon?! WHat the…” to “BURKES- HE’S OUR STARTING PG AGAIN?!”

martin
USA
6/22/2022  5:37 PM
I read this as, in the very least, the Knicks have finally figured out who Mitch’s agent actually is

BigDaddyG

6/22/2022  5:37 PM
smackeddog wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

I’ve refuse to watch any YouTube vids or entertain any thoughts of him as a knick unless/until I see him wearing that Knicks cap on the day- can’t take the crushing blow of going from thinking we’re landing Ivy, to “oh, maybe we’ll end up with Brunson then, that might be okay”, to “Brogdon?! WHat the…” to “BURKES- HE’S OUR STARTING PG AGAIN?!”

Steph Curry also wanted to come here...

BigDaddyG

6/22/2022  5:44 PM
The strategy is to wear us out with rumors then bam!Donovan Mitchell trade for Obi, IQ, Cam, Rokas and #11.
martin
USA
6/22/2022  6:06 PM
And so it starts…

martin
USA
6/22/2022  6:15 PM
This did answer 1 lingering question I had… any trade done now is 2021 season salary numbers, didn’t know if they flipped to 2022 with season done. I

The NBA summer of fun!……..2022 (DRAFT, FA, Trades)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy