[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The NBA summer of fun!……..2022 (DRAFT, FA, Trades)
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/25/2022  11:37 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
6/25/2022  1:36 PM
Now the Pistons have Duran (I read they're more likely to target Miles Bridges now with a max- (that team should be exciting to watch), wonder how badly that messes with Ayton's leverage- he needs a team with max space to be interested in him, to give him the leverage to get the suns to talk sign and trade. Personally I'd rather max him out than Brunson (and try IQ at starting PG for now). I'd rather watch:

PG-IQ
SG-Grimes/Fournier
SF- RJ/ Cam
PF- Obi/Cam (in my dreams, Randle is somehow traded to the Suns)
C- Ayton

and build from there. A team with Brunson at PG might do better next year, but, I know this is shallow- I'm just worried we'll end up with such a boring team to watch. Just average, and boring to watch especially if we keep Randle too and throttle Obi and IQ's minutes.

Anyway not realistic- I do wonder where Ayton ends up though- Spurs? Pacers in exchange for Miles and Field or something?

martin
USA
6/25/2022  1:40 PM
smackeddog wrote:Now the Pistons have Duran (I read they're more likely to target Miles Bridges now with a max- (that team should be exciting to watch), wonder how badly that messes with Ayton's leverage- he needs a team with max space to be interested in him, to give him the leverage to get the suns to talk sign and trade. Personally I'd rather max him out than Brunson (and try IQ at starting PG for now). I'd rather watch:

PG-IQ
SG-Grimes/Fournier
SF- RJ/ Cam
C- Ayton

and build from there. A team with Brunson at PG might do better next year, but, I know this is shallow- I'm just worried we'll end up with such a boring team to watch. Just average, and boring to watch especially if we keep Randle too and throttle Obi and IQ's minutes.

Anyway not realistic- I do wonder where Ayton ends up though- Spurs? Pacers in exchange for Miles and Field or something?

San Antonio Spurs, come on down!

smackeddog
6/25/2022  3:22 PM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Now the Pistons have Duran (I read they're more likely to target Miles Bridges now with a max- (that team should be exciting to watch), wonder how badly that messes with Ayton's leverage- he needs a team with max space to be interested in him, to give him the leverage to get the suns to talk sign and trade. Personally I'd rather max him out than Brunson (and try IQ at starting PG for now). I'd rather watch:

PG-IQ
SG-Grimes/Fournier
SF- RJ/ Cam
C- Ayton

San Antonio Spurs, come on down!

Seems the most likely, though their willingness to move on from Murray confuses me- thank would indicate they want to tank, if they move him and land Ayton, who are they planning to have as their pg?

martin
USA
6/25/2022  3:24 PM
smackeddog
6/25/2022  4:29 PM
martin wrote:

Ha, should have guessed Ainge plus Utah would mean they'd pick Will Hardy over Jonnie Bryant. Interesting how things goes down with D Mitch.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/25/2022  5:10 PM
martin wrote:
RSparrow2 wrote:
Chandler wrote:^^ i don't think it was lopsided at all. it would have been if it was a first rounder -- instead of the swap, but when you consider the swap it make smore sense. We would have had three first rounders in 23 from the trade, plus our own plus Dallas, right? are we really going to bring in 4 or 5 first rounders on to a team. With the swap one of those is kicked out 2 years

You do realize 2 of those picks are highly likely to be NOT ours next year with protections. Dallas pick also has protections but we should be getting their pick at the end of round 1. One was traded already for a salary dump. The only lottery type pick we will have next year is our own.

Your whole post is pretty much factually incorrect.

The Knicks most likely will have 3 1st round draft picks in 2023. Their own, Dallas (1-10 protected), Washington (1-14 protected ie they make the playoffs and Knicks get pick).

The will also have Detroit 2023 second round pick.

I gotta be honest...I'm gonna take the under on that Wiz pick conveying next year. I think they're middling, but more importantly...I have no doubt they'll go the tanki, I mean youth development route.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

6/25/2022  5:42 PM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

6/25/2022  6:30 PM
1. Dump Burks contract

2. Sign Ayton

3. Send Mitch to Dallas for Brunson in a sign and trade

I’m aroused.

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

6/25/2022  6:48 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Tbh at 4 there isn’t much we could do outside of RJ. Passing up a Cade and Ivey DUO is a fireable offense. Just gotta roll with what we got.

The Future is Bright!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/25/2022  11:10 PM
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:

Ha, should have guessed Ainge plus Utah would mean they'd pick Will Hardy over Jonnie Bryant. Interesting how things goes down with D Mitch.

Will hardy came after Ainge left. He came thru the spurs with Udaka. Both spawns from the Pop tree. Pop is from the Larry Brown tree.

Can’t say enough good about Bryant but would like a knick story. he stays I’d like for him to have a signiture player here the likes of his work with Dame and Donovan Mitchell.

Philc1

6/26/2022  8:44 AM

PG-IQ
SG-Grimes/Fournier
SF- RJ/ Cam
C- Ayton

We could sign Ayton then use Mitch in a sign and trade with Mavs for Brunson

BigDaddyG

6/26/2022  10:18 AM
Philc1 wrote:

PG-IQ
SG-Grimes/Fournier
SF- RJ/ Cam
C- Ayton

Not sure it works cap wise. Bobby Marks went over it, but I think the gist is Brunson counts around $15M for the Mave, but the Knicks still need to the space to account for the $20M+ the Brunson will get. Ayton is looking at $30M per.

Philc1

6/26/2022  10:26 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

PG-IQ
SG-Grimes/Fournier
SF- RJ/ Cam
C- Ayton

Not sure it works cap wise. Bobby Marks went over it, but I think the gist is Brunson counts around $15M for the Mave, but the Knicks still need to the space to account for the $20M+ the Brunson will get. Ayton is looking at $30M per.

We definitely need to dump at least one more expiring contract. Burks is $10 mil and Noel is $9 mil both are expiring next season if one doesn’t count team option. It will cost us tho, at the very least it will cost Keels and a future first but it’s worth it

If Rose/Perry can pull off Brunson/Ayton I don’t care about future firsts we will just turn into mediocre shooting guards who shoot 30% from 3

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/26/2022  10:48 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

PG-IQ
SG-Grimes/Fournier
SF- RJ/ Cam
C- Ayton

I know the sign and trade thing is not as convenient as philc makes it out to be. The cap holds don’t match up.
But, what if Mitch is signed as an extension before his current deal ends. Say he gets the $12.5. Can that be used $for$ at a sign and trade? Say;

Mitch: 12.5
burkes: 10
Norlens: 9.5

Thats 32mil right there. Not saying thats what PHX takes or its fair. Just the money and Mitch is extended before. Could be OBI instead of Norlens, etc. Could be Mitch and Randle. Two starters and PHX replaces crowder with a better version of that with randle. is that even doable?

martin
USA
6/26/2022  11:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/26/2022  11:04 AM
Nalod wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Philc1 wrote:

PG-IQ
SG-Grimes/Fournier
SF- RJ/ Cam
C- Ayton

I know the sign and trade thing is not as convenient as philc makes it out to be. The cap holds don’t match up.
But, what if Mitch is signed as an extension before his current deal ends. Say he gets the $12.5. Can that be used $for$ at a sign and trade? Say;

Mitch: 12.5
burkes: 10
Norlens: 9.5

Thats 32mil right there. Not saying thats what PHX takes or its fair. Just the money and Mitch is extended before. Could be OBI instead of Norlens, etc. Could be Mitch and Randle. Two starters and PHX replaces crowder with a better version of that with randle. is that even doable?

So, you can definitely not do a double direct sign and trade for Brunson and Mitch. Just not how their base comp deals work.

And when you sign Mitch, it’s a single player S&T to another team (can’t be aggregated with other players) or he can’t be traded for 6 months. Something in that duration.

martin
USA
6/26/2022  11:20 AM

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

6/26/2022  12:41 PM
martin wrote:

Nets are so ****ed omg. First the KG trade and now this omg

The Future is Bright!
martin
USA
6/26/2022  12:46 PM
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:

Nets are so ****ed omg. First the KG trade and now this omg

AND WE ALL LOVE IT

BigDaddyG

6/26/2022  2:05 PM
Yeah, I feel you on that one Obi....
The NBA summer of fun!……..2022 (DRAFT, FA, Trades)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy