[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The NBA summer of fun!……..2022 (DRAFT, FA, Trades)
Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

6/24/2022  3:57 PM
^^ i don't think it was lopsided at all. it would have been if it was a first rounder -- instead of the swap, but when you consider the swap it make smore sense. We would have had three first rounders in 23 from the trade, plus our own plus Dallas, right? are we really going to bring in 4 or 5 first rounders on to a team. With the swap one of those is kicked out 2 years
(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
6/24/2022  4:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/24/2022  4:02 PM
The next time I hear someone call signing an arthritic over 30 y/o player to a two year deal low risk....
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/24/2022  4:23 PM
Chandler wrote:^^ i don't think it was lopsided at all. it would have been if it was a first rounder -- instead of the swap, but when you consider the swap it make smore sense. We would have had three first rounders in 23 from the trade, plus our own plus Dallas, right? are we really going to bring in 4 or 5 first rounders on to a team. With the swap one of those is kicked out 2 years

No, but those picks would've had far more value in the '23 draft. That draft is said to be much deeper. Like it has already been said, Leon better be sure that Brunson is coming to make these moves. If not, this KD/ Kyrie on a less scale.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/24/2022  4:34 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Chandler wrote:^^ i don't think it was lopsided at all. it would have been if it was a first rounder -- instead of the swap, but when you consider the swap it make smore sense. We would have had three first rounders in 23 from the trade, plus our own plus Dallas, right? are we really going to bring in 4 or 5 first rounders on to a team. With the swap one of those is kicked out 2 years

No, but those picks would've had far more value in the '23 draft. That draft is said to be much deeper. Like it has already been said, Leon better be sure that Brunson is coming to make these moves. If not, this KD/ Kyrie on a less scale.

I feel like that's a possibility. Let's see... Knicks hired his dad. Leon's nephew is Bruson's agent. I feel like there may be some breadcrumbs there. But no tampering of course, not a hint of that whatsoever.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Chandler
Member: #6197

6/24/2022  5:03 PM
^^^
I'm not going to hinge success on whether or not they sign Brunson. the move gave them assets and cap flexibility. Maybe that's used on Brunson maybe it isn't. Flexibility and Assets are a good thing to take advantage of opportunities.

it's like when the stock market dips and people are saying "buy the dip" but people don't have money. You need money to but the dip. You need assets to make trades

If they do sign Brunson they should be judged on whether Brunson actually prospers here, not whether he's merely signed.

and the bigger point is there was a lot of confusion about the Kemba dump. There are headlines suggesting we used a first rounder to dump him. thats nto true; it was more of a pick swap and that swap actually made some sense because we don't need five first round picks in 2023

All of that said, i like most wanted a player this draft. But if you think they did a good job in prior drafts, then this might simply be that they saw this draft 11 onwards as JAGs

(5)(5)
wargames
Member: #6053

6/24/2022  5:27 PM
When signing Brunson is a sign of success you already have been conditioned to failure
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Kemet
Member: #6148

6/24/2022  5:30 PM
After last night 2022 NBA Draft .... The Knicks organization are FOOLS!
Having Steven A. and Spike Lee praying on their knees before the 11th pick ..
Leon Rose and his staff had to give up the 11th pick for their Stupid mistake last offseason. LOSER!
Coach Thibs 1-4 playoff run showed he's still incompetent coaching a postseason series. Loser!
Randle & Barrett poor team-leadership and consistent turnovers and FT misses going down the stretch. Losers!

Next Knicks season 2022-23 are a LOSER season!
Leon Rose wanting financial flexibility to sign FA Brunson to a max contract. We talking about Brunson who needed 2 PG (Doncic & Dinwiddie) in his lineup to play on the next-level of B.Ball .. are STUPID

martin
USA
6/24/2022  5:51 PM
OK

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

6/24/2022  5:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/24/2022  5:54 PM
Kemet wrote:After last night 2022 NBA Draft .... The Knicks organization are FOOLS!
Leon Rose and his staff had to give up the 11th pick for their Stupid mistake last offseason.LOSER!
Coach Thibs 1-4 playoff run showed he's still incompetent coaching a postseason series. Loser!
Randle & Barrett poor team-leadership and consistent turnovers and FT misses going down the stretch. Losers!

Leon Rose wanting financial flexibility to sign FA Brunson to a max contract. We talking about Brunson who needed 2 PG (Doncic & Dinwiddie) in his lineup to play on the next-level of B.Ball .. are STUPID

Do you comprehend bolded is a complete lie? And other than the picture of Stephen A and Spike which has to do with I do not know what, you're just throwing out biased ranting "opinions."

Never let the truth get in the way of promoting one's agenda!

KnickDanger

6/24/2022  5:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/24/2022  5:54 PM
Bah
martin
USA
6/24/2022  5:55 PM
martin
USA
6/24/2022  6:04 PM
Kemet
Member: #6148

6/24/2022  7:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/24/2022  7:56 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
Kemet wrote:After last night 2022 NBA Draft .... The Knicks organization are FOOLS!
Leon Rose and his staff had to give up the 11th pick for their Stupid mistake last offseason.LOSER!

Do you comprehend bolded is a complete lie? And other than the picture of Stephen A and Spike which has to do with I do not know what, you're just throwing out biased ranting "opinions."

I read Leon Rose so-call apologies for last night Knicks action on instagram. Trying to make his actions better for the Knicks future LOL
I'm not going to categorize Leon's actions last night that confused every Knicks fan. Fournier & Kemba's Knees never should've been signed as Knicks.
If you watched the 1-4 Knicks playoff, and didn't watch Boston 1-4 playoffs having Kemba & Fournier then thats on you and Leon/Perry. At least Boston got back Horford in the trade for Kemba. What Leon got protected future picks LOL

KnickDanger

6/24/2022  8:17 PM
Kemet wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

I read Leon Rose so-call apologies for last night Knicks action on instagram. Trying to make his actions better for the Knicks future LOL
I'm not going to categorize Leon's actions last night that confused every Knicks fan. Fournier & Kemba's Knees never should've been signed as Knicks.
If you watched the 1-4 Knicks playoff, and didn't watch Boston 1-4 playoffs having Kemba & Fournier then thats on you and Leon/Perry. At least Boston got back Horford in the trade for Kemba. What Leon got protected future picks LOL

No acknowledgement that you posted a lie to make your point. Carry on.

DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

6/25/2022  4:08 AM
Recap/drsft of nyk WORST RUN PRO TEAM, GOING TODAY!🤬😡🤔👽
👎
You cannot make this stuff up , nearly 50 yrs of NBA Futility:😈
Since last NBA Knick title

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
RSparrow2
Member: #6473

6/25/2022  8:02 AM

You do realize 2 of those picks are highly likely to be NOT ours next year with protections. Dallas pick also has protections but we should be getting their pick at the end of round 1. One was traded already for a salary dump. The only lottery type pick we will have next year is our own.

RSparrow2
Member: #6473

6/25/2022  8:07 AM
Kemet wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:

The fact that these trades were kept quiet for so long means the Knick brass likely knew the backlash they'd receive for these moves when you look into them, didn't want to be bashed by analyst on draft night. The fact that Brunson's agent is Rose's nephew seems like a HUGE conflict of interest, going to make his nephew rich with a bloated contract to Brunson.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/25/2022  8:31 AM
martin wrote:OK

I thought MDA was a finalist for the job when Atkinson got the gig. Never heard Clifford was in the mix, but now he most certainly is! Good dude. Former Knick assistant.

martin
USA
6/25/2022  8:36 AM
RSparrow2 wrote:

You do realize 2 of those picks are highly likely to be NOT ours next year with protections. Dallas pick also has protections but we should be getting their pick at the end of round 1. One was traded already for a salary dump. The only lottery type pick we will have next year is our own.

Your whole post is pretty much factually incorrect.

The Knicks most likely will have 3 1st round draft picks in 2023. Their own, Dallas (1-10 protected), Washington (1-14 protected ie they make the playoffs and Knicks get pick).

The will also have Detroit 2023 second round pick.

KnickDanger

6/25/2022  10:39 AM
martin wrote:
RSparrow2 wrote:

Your whole post is pretty much factually incorrect.

The Knicks most likely will have 3 1st round draft picks in 2023. Their own, Dallas (1-10 protected), Washington (1-14 protected ie they make the playoffs and Knicks get pick).

The will also have Detroit 2023 second round pick.

It seems people have had no need for “facts” concerning the Knicks draft night moves. It’s just an opportunity for lazy trendy Knicks bashing and a reactive crybaby mentality. For me this crap makes it harder to be a Knicks fan than any losing season. I appreciate the fans here with intelligence and reason.
The NBA summer of fun!……..2022 (DRAFT, FA, Trades)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy