[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The NBA summer of fun!……..2022 (DRAFT, FA, Trades)
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/21/2022  9:07 AM
Lots to discuss as draft, FA, and trades will dominate the dreams and hopes of fans.

Two coaching positions remain open as the team head into the draft. Im guessing Charlotte wanted something that Atkinson can’t do or did not want to. If the rumor mill was accurate MDA was runner up? If so, seems natural he goes in and ramps it up. Owners make decisions. I would imagine part of the issue might have been jordans reputation and Atkinson wanted the control of the culture like he had in brooklyn. Takes a strong coach to stand up to Jordan. Not only is i him, he is the defacto owner!

Second is the Jazz opening. Rumors:

“Sources said the Jazz are scheduling second interview times with almost all of their 15 head coaching candidates as the next step in the process,” Charania wrote.

The Athletic’s report contradicts a report from Sportando writer Emiliana Carchia last Friday that indicated the Jazz had narrowed their search to four names.

“Alex Jensen, Adrian Griffin, Will Hardy and Johnnie Bryant are the final candidates for Jazz head coaching job, I am told,” Carchia tweeted.

I don’t know what they bring but they are not regurgitated names from the same pool. Stotts? Vogel? Are the not considering veteran presence? How much of Donovan Mitchell factors into this? Does bryant keep him happy or is it inevitable he wants out? Will Hardy is came from spurs with Udaka so he is not a long time Celtics crony of Ainge. But a young bright head coaching prospect. Jenson played ball in Utah and is a current assistant. Adrian Griffin is also a former NBA player, father of AJ and assistant to Nick Nurse up in Toronto. All candidates are assistants which is curious. Two are white, two are black. Im mentioning this only because its Utah.

That woodson, payne and perhaps Bryant all leave is not saying Thibs tree is substantial. All had good reputations coming in. It speaks that Knicks willing to pay and hire top talent around Thibs and hopefully he is strong enough to not feel threatend.

While we on the subject, where does Thibs stand with is FO? We have read they love both Randle and Obi and it that a conflict for Thibs and even doable to play both? Its easy to see they in synch about RJ as he was given the keys to the team.

If Bryant is offered the Jazz job one has to assume he is taking it or has a very good leverage to force knicks to pay up and perhaps offer a succession plan. I don’t see Thibs as the kind of guy that will stick to any kind of departure date. Imagine they are contending and his contract is up. He’d walk away from that? or is he in the larry brown thought there is a time limit on a coach and then its time to move on for his and the teams best intersts?

AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
6/21/2022  1:04 PM
From J Fischer who nailed down what we were going to do in FA last offseason:

In forecasting their offseason dealings, the Knicks are said to be targeting roughly $25 million in room to be able to chase Dallas Mavericks point guard Jalen Brunson, and they are expected to find new homes for Alec Burks and
Nerlens Noel, among other moves. Even if New York pivoted away from Brunson, who league personnel widely believe will return to Dallas, the Knicks would have a large gap to meet Irving's contractual wishes.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10039350-latest-nba-intel-the-divide-between-kyrie-irving-and-brooklyn

Nalod
USA
6/21/2022  1:25 PM
smackeddog wrote:From J Fischer who nailed down what we were going to do in FA last offseason:

In forecasting their offseason dealings, the Knicks are said to be targeting roughly $25 million in room to be able to chase Dallas Mavericks point guard Jalen Brunson, and they are expected to find new homes for Alec Burks and
Nerlens Noel, among other moves. Even if New York pivoted away from Brunson, who league personnel widely believe will return to Dallas, the Knicks would have a large gap to meet Irving's contractual wishes.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10039350-latest-nba-intel-the-divide-between-kyrie-irving-and-brooklyn

Yikes! About Kyrie!!!!!
But, the notion of having movable deals is my mantra for change for some time and how I measure how we pay. My hope is that a player can play to his contract and thus is a value. Same for Randle who I believe is not an awful contract and should be considerable given the new tv deal will bring riches and he makes 24-29mil per year for the next 4 years. Burks and Norlens are not essential to our modest success.
If we can find a trade to pay Mitch that would be great. Other teams will make moves also to clear space.
Reserve grades and judgements until opening day.

smackeddog
6/21/2022  2:07 PM
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:From J Fischer who nailed down what we were going to do in FA last offseason:

Yikes! About Kyrie!!!!!
But, the notion of having movable deals is my mantra for change for some time and how I measure how we pay. My hope is that a player can play to his contract and thus is a value. Same for Randle who I believe is not an awful contract and should be considerable given the new tv deal will bring riches and he makes 24-29mil per year for the next 4 years. Burks and Norlens are not essential to our modest success.
If we can find a trade to pay Mitch that would be great. Other teams will make moves also to clear space.
Reserve grades and judgements until opening day.

I agree- I think we can clear cap space more easily than people seem to think/realise. I hope so, I just can't take another season of last years starting lineup again- that 15 game stretch after the all star break broke me!

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/21/2022  2:07 PM
Marc Stein reporting that a multi-year deal for Mitch is incoming. I'd post but I'm not snscribed to his newsletter.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
6/21/2022  2:25 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Marc Stein reporting that a multi-year deal for Mitch is incoming. I'd post but I'm not snscribed to his newsletter.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/21/2022  3:48 PM
Knicks spamming everyone in a move up trade

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
6/21/2022  7:48 PM
About 48 hours! Oh man oh man oh man!

I can’t wait to be disappointed!!!!! The anticipation is killin’ me!!!

blkexec
Member: #748
6/21/2022  8:48 PM
ToddTT wrote:About 48 hours! Oh man oh man oh man!

Spoken like a true orange and blue fan who bled for years, with false expectations. But that’s the good thing about hope. And I hope this FO can be aggressive but smart.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Nalod
USA
6/21/2022  10:44 PM

Reality is a deal that will make us squirm. Fleecing is usually in hindsight. IF a deal gets done the excitement is tempered with dismay. We are ripe for a deal.

WTf is Presti waiting for? Is Hinkie in his head?

Dare we say Redish, Mitch and the 11 for the 5? then flip for the 4?
What are the pistons doing with Grant? Ok, Grant goes to Sac, Redish and Mitch to Pistons, We get Ivey, but whats missing? Who get the 11? Its late,……

Knicks; Ivy
PIstons; Barnes, Mitch, Redish
Sac: Grant, the 11.
something is missing, where does the 5 go to? Detroit still want Bagley?
Im still missing something? ATL, they get the 5? Capella To SAC? Not, Collins, then Hurter to PIstons, ATL gets the 5. Its not Ivey they after, its the someone else. Sharpe?

Knicks: 4th pick (Ivey)
Pistons: barnes, Mitch, Redish, Huerter
ATL; 5th pick
Sac, Grant, Capella, the 11.

Ah, Pistons can’t take 4 players back. Knicks send the Dallas pick to ATL, keep Redish.

Fuck, thats weird. Somewhere the cap space comes later. No, Fucking Presti gets in, What is he waiting for?
SGA comes to ATL………..now its really 3D chess, Im tapping out. I need a grease board or a wll with picktures, clippings and Carrie Matherson Red string!

DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

6/21/2022  11:17 PM
Nalod wrote:

Reality is a deal that will make us squirm. Fleecing is usually in hindsight. IF a deal gets done the excitement is tempered with dismay. We are ripe for a deal.

What are the pistons doing with Grant? Ok, Grant goes to Sac, Redish and Mitch to Pistons, We get Ivey, but whats missing? Who get the 11? Its late,……

Knicks; Ivy
Im still missing something? ATL, they get the 5? Capella To SAC? Not, Collins, then Hurter to PIstons, ATL gets the 5. Its not Ivey they after, its the someone else. Sharpe?

ATL; 5th pick

Ah, Pistons can’t take 4 players back. Knicks send the Dallas pick to ATL, keep Redish.

Fuck, thats weird. Somewhere the cap space comes later. No, Fucking Presti gets in, What is he waiting for?
SGA comes to ATL………..now its really 3D chess, Im tapping out. I need a grease board or a wll with picktures, clippings and Carrie Matherson Red string!

lol like this post Nalod.
Let's see what surprises ? if any KNICKs show the fans come this Thursday night of HOPE !

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
BigDaddyG

6/21/2022  11:25 PM
Nalod wrote:

Knicks; Ivy

ATL; 5th pick

Calm down, you're starting to worry us! I'd call 911 to check in on you, but those are pretty dicey these days.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
USA
6/21/2022  11:25 PM
DJMUSIC wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Knicks; Ivy

ATL; 5th pick

Let's see what surprises ? if any KNICKs show the fans come this Thursday night of HOPE !

Bagley comes to knicks…………
Shit. ATL gets Rudy gorbert. Collins goes out with the 5 to Utah.
Forget SgA.

DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

6/21/2022  11:40 PM
Nalod wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Knicks; Ivy

ATL; 5th pick

Bagley comes to knicks…………
Shit. ATL gets Rudy gorbert. Collins goes out with the 5 to Utah.
Forget SgA.

Isn't Bagley the opposite ? of Mitchell Rob., Better scorer some rebounding.
Robinson the better rim protector and ALL defense

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/21/2022  11:58 PM
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/22/2022  12:00 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG

6/22/2022  12:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/22/2022  12:14 AM
Uptown wrote:

This probably hurts the Bucks. Wiz are out of the Brogdan running and a lottery pick is out of the question.
Nevermind, it's just the next step in a supermax signing.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/22/2022  12:21 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:

This probably hurts the Bucks. Wiz are out of the Brogdan running and a lottery pick is out of the question.
Nevermind, it's just the next step in a supermax signing.

Yup. 248 million for a player that hasn't been able to lead his team to a .500 record over the last 4 years is a crazy commitment.

smackeddog
6/22/2022  3:51 AM

Ack, Plan B is gone

blkexec
Member: #748
6/22/2022  7:02 AM
smackeddog wrote:

Ack, Plan B is gone

I hope he loves up to that salary. It can weigh on you and affect your play especially if you not hitting your shot. Good luck I wish he was playing for us but that’s a heavy expectation he has to carry around.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
The NBA summer of fun!……..2022 (DRAFT, FA, Trades)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy