Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
7/9/2022  6:00 AM
AUTOADVERT
Clean
7/9/2022  6:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/9/2022  6:25 AM
MY quick thought on the players last night.

McBride - Good game overall. Shot poorly and it seems that stems from his trouble breaking down the defense. His defender was playing him extremely close and he still could not break down the D. He needs to learned foot work from Brunson since he does not have a quick 1st step.

Grimes - Started poorly but ended up having an amazing 2nd half. Most impressed with his 8 asts. At points in the 2nd half he took over the game.

Sims - Very good overall game. Defense, Blocks, Rebounds and dunks. At points in the 2nd half he took over the game. He needs to learn to hang on the Rim a bit to break his fall. He lands hard like Rose used to. He is fine now since he is young but his knees will cause him trouble in the future.

Hunt - This was the first game where he showed me why he got a 2 way contract. He got out in transition and made tough shots. He gambles way too much for my liking. He forced the team into bad rotations a lot. It may have worked in the Summer league but that will not fly in the real NBA. Hunt good 1st half helped keep us close to the Warriors while everyone else struggled until the 2nd half.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

7/9/2022  8:48 AM
GustavBahler wrote:The SL team looked well coached.

Agree.

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

7/9/2022  9:20 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:Paolo is going to be a beast. The footwork and vision are already scary and he's only going to get better.

Easily number 1 in my eyes. #1 option material and his mechanics have definitely improved. He’ll be a better version of prime Randle…

The Future is Bright!
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

7/9/2022  9:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/9/2022  9:41 AM
GustavBahler wrote:My POV on Fournier/Grimes is like that of a title fight.The challenger has to take the title. Grimes does this game after game, after game, during the regular season. And Fournier isnt playing well, then we'll talk.

Fournier set a 3pt franchise record, his first season here, with no real PG to speak of. Not getting the rush to replace him from the jump. Without seeing how Brunson changes the equation..

This.

After first half of last night we saw why Grimes should not start. After second half we saw why he maybe should. If EF played in this summer game, he may have tallied 30 pts. and fans would be calling for a MAX extension.

We have to let things play out. Grimes played really well last year and his role was gradually increasing when EF was struggling. EF stepped it up in second half and fans saw what FO saw he could be. With Brunson, EF "should" have a better year than last year. Which would be a pretty good accomplishment.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
wargames
Member: #6053

7/9/2022  10:02 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:My POV on Fournier/Grimes is like that of a title fight.The challenger has to take the title. Grimes does this game after game, after game, during the regular season. And Fournier isnt playing well, then we'll talk.

Fournier set a 3pt franchise record, his first season here, with no real PG to speak of. Not getting the rush to replace him from the jump. Without seeing how Brunson changes the equation..

This.

After first half of last night we saw why Grimes should not start. After second half we saw why he maybe should. If EF played in this summer game, he may have tallied 30 pts. and fans would be calling for a MAX extension.

We have to let things play out. Grimes played really well last year and his role was gradually increasing when EF was struggling. EF stepped it up in second half and fans saw what FO saw he could be. With Brunson, EF "should" have a better year than last year. Which would be a pretty good accomplishment.

I don’t think Grimes will start at the beginning of the season. Fournier will get the start to at the very least see if they can help his trade value go up for a Trade either in season or next offseason. Timeline and contract wise, Fournier should be moved, by himself for as good of if not a better young piece because they Knicks will likely send draft picks out with him.

Fournier right now is a better offensive player than Grimes by a comfortable margin. However, Knicks run a stiff defense, and they seem all in on getting younger. Which makes sense if you look at the age of the better teams in the league.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Swishfm3
Member: #392
7/9/2022  10:04 AM
Deuce played well and Grimes played better towards the end when Warriors seem to have given up.

Sims, IMO, was the best player on the court last night.

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
7/9/2022  11:11 AM
I remember not too long ago where we severely lacked any type of athleticism and now we have two freaks in Sims and Hunt.

I'm still kind of annoyed we spent $60M on bringing Mitch back cause I really like Sims. I think he's too good and impacts the game too much with his energy, athleticism and rebounding to be a third string on this team. We should have S&T Mitch to improve another position and just go with Sims, Hartenstein and Obi at Center.

If Hunt has more games like these, he should get that last roster spot. Give it to a kid who earns it like this over signing some washed up vet who will threaten the playing time of the kids who NEED to play this season as much as possible! We're not in the position to give someone a going away party.

BingBong
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #9036

7/9/2022  11:47 AM
SergioNYK wrote:I remember not too long ago where we severely lacked any type of athleticism and now we have two freaks in Sims and Hunt.

I'm still kind of annoyed we spent $60M on bringing Mitch back cause I really like Sims. I think he's too good and impacts the game too much with his energy, athleticism and rebounding to be a third string on this team. We should have S&T Mitch to improve another position and just go with Sims, Hartenstein and Obi at Center.

If Hunt has more games like these, he should get that last roster spot. Give it to a kid who earns it like this over signing some washed up vet who will threaten the playing time of the kids who NEED to play this season as much as possible! We're not in the position to give someone a going away party.

Absolutely love, love, love Sims. His problem: not a great shooter except when he takes over the paint. Can't shoot threes and has a 41% free throw average. If he could shoot 3's in the 35% range and was an 80%+ free throw shooter, he'd be one of the best big men in the NBA. As it is, Thibs has to use him as a wild card who will find a way to sky to the basket and give defenses fits. He is not going to stretch the floor which seems to be the big goal of teams the last few years. Still, I just love this guy's play, his energy, and his personality.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/9/2022  12:15 PM
NYKMentality wrote:I won't get excited for Summer League like last year.

I won't get excited for Summer League like last year.

Fk it.

I lied.

LET'S GO UNDEFEATED AND WIN THIS CHAMPIONSHIP.

Of course, to complete that deal with the devil you'll need to tattoo Fournier's jersey on the right side of your face.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/9/2022  1:51 PM

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/9/2022  1:59 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TPercy
Member: #5748

7/9/2022  2:09 PM
Grimes is fulfilling what many of us foresee: starting next to RJ and Brunson next year. He has the best fit out of everyone.
The Future is Bright!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/9/2022  2:23 PM
NYKMentality wrote:If Evan Fournier starts over Quentin Grimes @ SG it'll be criminal (again).

Setting up for your new seasons rantings a bit early?

wargames
Member: #6053

7/9/2022  4:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/9/2022  4:34 PM
I just want a tweet of Sims blocking the heck out of Kuminga when Kuminga went for that dagger dunk.
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Kemet
Member: #6148

7/9/2022  7:50 PM
wargames wrote:I just want a tweet of Sims blocking the heck out of Kuminga when Kuminga went for that dagger dunk.

Sims took (Big-Man) advantage over the small-ball rotation GS Warriors LOL
Jefferies & Hunt gave-out a two-way contract performance in the Knicks first SL game, lets see if they keep it up in the following games.
Grimes being the first option on offense were fun to watch 8 Dimes !!!

How come I believe Fournier & Reddish never should've been on the Knicks roster? How come ???

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/9/2022  8:06 PM
Jaden Ivey got hurt. He was looking darn good too.
The top players in the draft have all been good.
RIP Crushalot😞
Kemet
Member: #6148

7/10/2022  12:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/10/2022  12:46 AM
Clean wrote:MY quick thought on the players last night.

McBride - Good game overall. Shot poorly and it seems that stems from his trouble breaking down the defense. His defender was playing him extremely close and he still could not break down the D. He needs to learned foot work from Brunson since he does not have a quick 1st step.

Grimes - Started poorly but ended up having an amazing 2nd half. Most impressed with his 8 asts. At points in the 2nd half he took over the game.

Sims - Very good overall game. Defense, Blocks, Rebounds and dunks. At points in the 2nd half he took over the game. He needs to learn to hang on the Rim a bit to break his fall. He lands hard like Rose used to. He is fine now since he is young but his knees will cause him trouble in the future.

Hunt - This was the first game where he showed me why he got a 2 way contract. He got out in transition and made tough shots. He gambles way too much for my liking. He forced the team into bad rotations a lot. It may have worked in the Summer league but that will not fly in the real NBA. Hunt good 1st half helped keep us close to the Warriors while everyone else struggled until the 2nd half.

If Hunt and Jefferies keep-up the performance in the remainder of the Knicks SL games, I want either one of the two SL players to take Burks place as the SF wing and put inside D.Rose & Quickley 2nd unit lineup having Obi & Sims.
Both Hunt & Jefferies IQ and complimentary performance would fit and mix well in D.Rose 2nd unit lineup than Barret, or Fournier, or Cam, or Grimes.
We have to recall the past two seasons the D.Rose 2nd unit lineup has been outperforming the Knicks starter lineup on both side of the court 8 out of 10 times. And when Bullocks 2-Way hustle left the Knicks starter lineup, along with Payton defensive services in the back court ....

The Bunson, Fournier, Barrett, and Randle lineup NEED Defense other than center MitchRob defending the inside and perimeter. The Knicks starter lineup will need both Grimes & Cam reddish raw defensive hustle vs lots of teams in the East .. Which may come to taking Barrett & Fournier out of the starter lineup to really UPSET the Knicks FO.

Clean
7/10/2022  12:57 AM
Ivey is the one that still gets me pissed we did not tank. He has looked amazing.
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

7/10/2022  1:17 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Jaden Ivey got hurt. He was looking darn good too.
The top players in the draft have all been good.

Have been impressed most by Paolo — also Ivey and Jalen Duren has body of a god (lol)

I didn’t see Jabari Smith game today he was 3-16. Johnny Davis 1-9 with 45 seconds left in game I’m watching now - Davis also struggled once in the lane with some awkward possessions/shots.

Smith struggles putting ball on floor - really just wants to catch ‘ shoot. Davis doesn’t look confident in his shot outside of 12 feet.

2022 Summer League

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy