ALL BALL Official Thread: Knicks @ Spurs 11/16
Author Thread
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
11/16/2004  11:27 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

he's the one guy we have that can carry the whole offense on his shoulders but alas, he's on IR and who knows if he'll ever be the same again.
Here is where the H2O fans get in trouble. If he is the offensive weapon that is carrying a team, it will never win a championship.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/16/2004  11:30 PM
yeah but neither will stephon or any other player on the knicks. but if you ask would i rather have houston and duncan or stephon and duncan I will take steph and duncan
Silverfuel
USA
11/16/2004  11:42 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

yeah but neither will stephon or any other player on the knicks. but if you ask would i rather have houston and duncan or stephon and duncan I will take steph and duncan
Oh you are absolutely correct. It's just that we are being setup for failure again if we start depending on someone like Houston. What management needs to do is get us a Center. I have been defending TT all these days but we gotta move him too. Give Ariza his 2 years to develop and trade for a SF but bring in a Center.
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
11/16/2004  11:42 PM
How can you expect the Knicks to win if any of our players scored 20 or more???
The true Knickabocker..........
gunsnewing
USA
11/16/2004  11:51 PM
TT wasn't horrible tonight.. at least he tried this game hopefully he improves from here on. I really believe we'll beat the Rockets on thursday.
JUNKMEIN
Member: #797
11/17/2004  12:15 AM
I disagree. Tim Thomas had his absolute worst game to me tonight. In the other games were he couldn't score Coach Wilkens would pull him quick for Ariza. Tonight he left him in and Tim proved to be extremely careless with the ball imo. I can think of at least 3 instances where Tim made a pass that resulted in a turnover just based on carelessness. On the other side I can think of probably 5 occasions where Stephon, Jamal and Penny had difficulty getting the ball to Tim because he was not agressive with using his body to establish position (resulting in a tip pass or turnover). I can sympathize with the guy and I don't wish any ill will on him. However, right now he's a fish out of water out there on the court. 3-12 at one point...I certainly expected more from him than that just based on last year. Again, imo he's a lot slower than he was last year so he can't drive around anyone anymore and his jumper is not nearly as fluid. All a result of the boxing and the weight training. Unfortunately he's not boxing right now.
gunsnewing
USA
11/17/2004  12:54 AM
i dont remember him driving last year. only jump shooting and posting up
JUNKMEIN
11/17/2004  1:08 AM
Oh Tim drove quite often last year and finished with a dunk. I recall him stealing the ball from Jefferson on one play and driving the length of the court for a contested layup. Of course while celebrating Jefferson came right back with a quick score while being fouled by Tim (3pt play) . I thought we'd get more of the former this year. That's what the hit in the Jersey Series was all about. Tim was driving to the hoop on Jefferson whenever he wanted. He and Stephon were our only scoring options until Gazygate.
gunsnewing
USA
11/17/2004  1:14 AM
yeah i remember that but driving in a half court offense is different. It really takes skill.

Fastbreaks takes luck...if you get a good rebound you can throw an outlet pass to Yokozuna and he will get an open dunk at the other end of the floor. or you can steal the ball and go in for an easy dunk
JUNKMEIN
11/17/2004  5:18 AM
In reference to fastbreaks taking luck....well that's not been my experience. A fast break is one of the most technical excercises that can be performed on the court. That's why teams go out and sign people that can rebound the ball and relay a precise pass to start a break. That's a highly technical skill that not everyone can do and I think that's why teams are called halfcourt or fastbreak teams.

I agree with you to some extent about half court play. However, Tim did it fairly often last year. Just look at the dunk on the MSG highlight trailer and you'll see Tim flying in in traffic for a dunk. Unfortunately that's last year and 10 - 15 pounds lighter. Tim Thomas has a lot of skill for someone of his physical makeup and that's undeniable (and also why people have been so frustrated with him over the years). It's also undeniable that he's stinkin it up. Tim's not a do all - do everything player. Not a great defender, not tough, not a leader, not a motivator etc. He's not a power forward and he never will be (no matter how much muscle he packs on). But last year there was one thing he did for the 20 odd games he played for us last year - Score. He could shoot consistently and drive to the hoop (with the occasional strong finish-dunk) . I recall thinking, "man I like Keith Van Horn but Keith could never do that" - brain quote . Can anyone remind me of one time this year where Tim has successfully taken someone all the way to the rack? Now He's just too daggon big. Here's hoping he adjust because he's ours for the forseeable future.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
11/17/2004  6:47 AM
I think that it is now time to change our rotation. The time has come for Penny to get a chance at replacing TT. Apparently, the man is going through something that most of us don't know. I heard that his sister passed and he is the one taking care of her 2 childrens, maybe that has something to do with it. Whatever the problem, we can't afford to allow that be a detriment to the success of our team. I like the guy's abilities, but if he can't put it together, sit him down and play someone else. Penny sure can do better production wise. When TT regains his touch, then we should consider reenter him in the starting rotation.
The true Knickabocker..........
gunsnewing
USA
11/17/2004  8:36 AM
I still rather hope and pray TT gets out of this than have Penny start.
Silverfuel
USA
11/17/2004  9:05 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I still rather hope and pray TT gets out of this than have Penny start.
Me too but giving him 10 games where we hope he regains his touch is too much. If TT is doing the same thing at the end of this Texas traingle, its time to move him to the bench.
ALL BALL Official Thread: Knicks @ Spurs 11/16

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy