4/10/2022  11:12 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

4/11/2022  12:31 AM
OBI TOPPIN & IMMANUEL QUICKLEY CAREER-NIGHT
Leads to a Knicks 104-95 WIN over Raptors !!!

Immanuel Quickley has tied his career-high of 10 rebounds and has his second career triple-double:
34 points
12 assists
10 rebounds

And BIG Obi Toppin having his 5th consecutive 20 pt game .. Tonite ..
42 points (another career high)
10 rebounds
1 Block
Toppin gave our 14 rebounding Rookie Sims help on the glass tonight !!!

The Knicks having MitchRob, Sims, Obi, and Cam hitting the glass next season will be a winner in the East.
Next season do we Knicks fans want to watch another 40 minute half-court offense Randle dribbling the ball up-court?
Or watch the 6 second or less Quickley & Toppin offense?
The Knicks FO Perry did draft two future good rotation centers for the Knicks in MitchRob & Sims.

MS
Member: #724
4/11/2022  7:55 AM
I would watch that Jazz first round playoff series.

With the late season emergence of the Knicks young guys a package for Mitchell is going to be a little more realistic.

The kids have looked good, but is it for real?

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/11/2022  7:56 AM
Kemet wrote:OBI TOPPIN & IMMANUEL QUICKLEY CAREER-NIGHT
Leads to a Knicks 104-95 WIN over Raptors !!!

Immanuel Quickley has tied his career-high of 10 rebounds and has his second career triple-double:
34 points
12 assists
10 rebounds

And BIG Obi Toppin having his 5th consecutive 20 pt game .. Tonite ..
42 points (another career high)
10 rebounds
1 Block
Toppin gave our 14 rebounding Rookie Sims help on the glass tonight !!!

The Knicks having MitchRob, Sims, Obi, and Cam hitting the glass next season will be a winner in the East.
Next season do we Knicks fans want to watch another 40 minute half-court offense Randle dribbling the ball up-court?
Or watch the 6 second or less Quickley & Toppin offense?
The Knicks FO Perry did draft two future good rotation centers for the Knicks in MitchRob & Sims.

Let's temper the excite with the fact that we barely had 5 guys for the game last night, and someone had to get the buckets.

But still they came up, both IQ & Toppin.

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
4/11/2022  8:40 AM
For most of the season I thought Obi was another Knox and Ntikilina tbh. Glad to eat that crow. He couldn't have finished the season any better. These last few games were his playoffs and he killed it! Super proud of the kid! And it makes this decision to trade Randle super easy imo.

Leon Rose saying Randle told him he wants to stay here means nothing to me. He's got to go.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/11/2022  8:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/11/2022  9:20 AM
MS wrote:I would watch that Jazz first round playoff series.

With the late season emergence of the Knicks young guys a package for Mitchell is going to be a little more realistic.

I've been wondering if the league would try to facilitate this type of maneuver.

Knicks get a top 4 pick which would be Ivey. They trade that pick (Ivey) and players/picks for Mitchell.

Utah gets something to build around. Knicks get a top line guy, NBA gets ratings.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/11/2022  10:38 AM
martin wrote:

I've been wondering if the league would try to facilitate this type of maneuver.

Knicks get a top 4 pick which would be Ivey. They trade that pick (Ivey) and players/picks for Mitchell.

Utah gets something to build around. Knicks get a top line guy, NBA gets ratings.

I don't know that I would trade Ivey for Mitchell, would you?

I'm actually happy if we can go into next season with IQ anointed as the starting PG. If he starts the year close to how he has finished, we're back in the play offs.

And honestly, I can see IQ become a player on par with Donovan.

Caseloads
Member: #41
4/11/2022  11:19 AM
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:

I'm actually happy if we can go into next season with IQ anointed as the starting PG. If he starts the year close to how he has finished, we're back in the play offs.

donovan has not won anything yet. he's a gamer, for sure, but he's a 6'2 SG.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/11/2022  11:24 AM
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:

Hell yes, bird in hand.

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

4/11/2022  2:53 PM
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:

Hell yes, bird in hand.

Seconded

The Future is Bright!
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

4/11/2022  3:52 PM
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:

Hell yes, bird in hand.

Seconded

Mitchell is a baller, but getting Mitchell for the farm would be silly it’s not like Mitchell has won championships, or gone deep in the playoffs. It’s not that I wouldn’t want Mitchell on this team but the kids can’t be included especially obi or IQ. Randle, EF and our first this year and protected next… that’s it . Again it’s not like we are getting a LBJ or MJ in there prime . We’re getting a 6’2” sg that makes 32mil a year and hasn’t won anything. Again great player and would be happy to see him in a knick uniform. But HELL no I’m not trading our youth. Didn’t we learn this already with melo in his prime?

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

4/11/2022  3:59 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:

Hell yes, bird in hand.

Seconded

Mitchell is a baller, but getting Mitchell for the farm would be silly it’s not like Mitchell has won championships, or gone deep in the playoffs. It’s not that I wouldn’t want Mitchell on this team but the kids can’t be included especially obi or IQ. Randle, EF and our first this year and protected next… that’s it . Again it’s not like we are getting a LBJ or MJ in there prime . We’re getting a 6’2” sg that makes 32mil a year and hasn’t won anything. Again great player and would be happy to see him in a knick uniform. But HELL no I’m not trading our youth. Didn’t we learn this already with melo in his prime?

I said yes in terms of Ivey for Mitchell. Ivey will be good but I doubt he'll be Mitchell good and even if he is, Mitchell is a very good player.

The Future is Bright!
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

4/11/2022  6:18 PM
TPercy wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:

Hell yes, bird in hand.

Seconded

I said yes in terms of Ivey for Mitchell. Ivey will be good but I doubt he'll be Mitchell good and even if he is, Mitchell is a very good player.

I agree I’d be willing to trade our number one … even if we get lucky and can get Ivey. Mitchell is proven. Ivey isn’t a guarantee star. I just don’t want to trade the youth that we already have in obi and IQ.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

4/12/2022  9:53 PM
If by some miracle the Knicks get a top 3 pick you draft Ivey. Period. No trading the pick. Ivey’s ceiling is Mitchell or better.
Kemet
Member: #6148

4/14/2022  9:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/14/2022  9:16 PM
Mitchell's dynamics will beat the Dallas Mavs in 6 games .. A Jazz Keeper!!!

The Knicks URGENTLY need a starter PG .. Conley played 72 games this season.
The Knicks would have a better chance going after PG Conley more than Mitchel in the offseason.

I could live with ....
A 26 minute Conley, and a 26 minute D.Rose, plus a 28 minute Quickley & Barrett controlling the Knicks back-court rotation next season.
A decent back-court rotation would help Randle get back on track, plus exploit Obi Toppin scoring abilities.
The player/coach Conley could turn out to be great vitamins for McBride & Grimes & Sims NBA Growth.

What should Leon Rose do to make the Knicks a .500 team next season?
How should Perry help the Knicks in offseason?
And head coach Thibs ???

GameThread: Last game of the season, Knicks-Raptors 7pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy