[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

LAC and IND game observations.
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/15/2004  9:28 PM
Couple of things I didn't see posted about the last 2 games.

- On MSG they mentioned that TT has had family problems, something about both his mother and wife have been ill for the past year. Wonder how much that has been on his mind.

- TT gets dominated by SFs who bring it. Pierce, Artest... these guys are gutsy and in your face. I don't know why Wilkens doesn't insert JYD if TT's offense is struggling. Forget Ariza, bring in a defensive stopper at the 3.

- Anyone notice the coaching adjustment from last year to this year versus the Clip joint? Marb started off guarding Maggette and Craw was on Jaric early. Last year these 2 guys KILLED Houston and Marbury. It was a nice adjustment to put the stronger Marb on Corey Maggette, and have him front him when he posted.

- Why does it take so long to double a big man in the post? Kurt can guard guys 1-on-1 fairly well, but a guy like O'neal had his groove on. Doubling off of Marb was nice in the second half.

- Oneal had 4 and 5 fouls in the second half and yet the Knicks did not go at him.

- Sweets has to cut out the stupid fouls. He is beginning to remind me of Crazy-Eyes. And Crazy-Eyes had been less crazy this year.

- Still happy Vin and Moochie are not getting minutes.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/15/2004  9:45 PM
- On MSG they mentioned that TT has had family problems, something about both his mother and wife have been ill for the past year. Wonder how much that has been on his mind.

I also heard his sister died this past summer, and he has been helping out taking care of her children.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/15/2004  9:46 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

I also heard his sister died this past summer, and he has been helping out taking care of her children.

yeah, maybe that was it.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/15/2004  9:53 PM
Here is an observation from the last game. Why the hell did they wait so long to start doubling O'Neal. They needed more JYD matched against Artest.

Another thing it seems like I can shoot against the KNicks. Teams are shooting better against the Knicks than the league average. The are one of the worst in FG% allowed.

Lenny needs to do better with the defensive effort because it is lacking. As for TT he seems to be lacking in everything. I think if he is having problems then the Knicks should let him take time off until everything is better for him. Because right now he is detrimental to the team and his approach to the game.

Vin Bakers should just retire and call it quites. This guy has shot him self to basketball death. He has killed so many brain cells that he has forgotten how to post up. His post moves are as if he is shaking from withdrawl symptoms. Please Vince just retire man.
bernard
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #475
11/16/2004  9:47 AM
Indiana out-toughed us up front big time. O'Neal and Artest just backed our big men in. Even though Nazr was playing very well for himself, he couldn't do anything at all w/ O'Neal. Couldn't hold his position. Yeah, we can and should double more, but we've got to learn how to scramble better. At this point, our doubling always leads to wide open looks.

That game, for me, was more depressing than the Celtics drubbing, which, although inexcusable in a home opener, felt like an aberration ... just one of those nights. The Pacers to me showed just how outmatched we are against teams with good front lines and how hard it will be for us to get many W's against those teams. We'll always be getting worse shots. And it's not like our D is sound except up front. If a team wants to penetrate and kick against us, thats what it does. If it wants to post up its 2 guard, that's what it does. Basically, we haven't shown we can take away much of anything from a talented and patient offensive team. On some nights, we'll hit more of our tough shots than they hit of their good ones, but it won't happen too often. Hope this Texas swing proves me wrong, but I just don't see how we have a very good shot against any of those teams.

Picking up a bunch of steals isn't playing good D. We need to force teams into tough shots, and I haven't seen us do that consistently in any of our games -- Maybe against Philly, but that's because they have so few offensive options -- and we didn't do too much to stop AI.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/16/2004  11:30 AM
I agree 100% with Bernard. This is why I said we should trade for Zo. If you send Nazr and cash you can get Zo and a draft pick (they have 3) back. This gives you a guy that can stabilize your frontcourt and a draft pick for insurance/pipeline.

We lost that game in the first, where we came out hot and were losing 37-32 after 12 minutes. Then we lost it again in the 4th when we got hot and couldnt stop Jermain ONCE down the court. Zo can change that. If he doesnt last insurance covers the $$ and you have another pick to draft/deal. Either way its good... we win more games now or we are better to improve the roster later.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
11/16/2004  4:21 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I agree 100% with Bernard. This is why I said we should trade for Zo. If you send Nazr and cash you can get Zo and a draft pick (they have 3) back. This gives you a guy that can stabilize your frontcourt and a draft pick for insurance/pipeline.

We lost that game in the first, where we came out hot and were losing 37-32 after 12 minutes. Then we lost it again in the 4th when we got hot and couldnt stop Jermain ONCE down the court. Zo can change that. If he doesnt last insurance covers the $$ and you have another pick to draft/deal. Either way its good... we win more games now or we are better to improve the roster later.

I don't think Jersey would give away Zo like that to anyone, let alone the New York Knicks, man.
¿ △ ?
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/16/2004  4:52 PM
they gave away Kmart and Kittles for doodoo... who's more got more value?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/16/2004  5:39 PM
NJ's only concern is to save money right now...with or w/o Zo, they are a crappy team...instead of buying out Zo & getting nothing in return for him, getting back a player they can use in another trade sometime down the line who also can help them this year is a better option.

offer up Nazr & cash for Zo & a pick & see if they bite.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
LAC and IND game observations.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy