[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Billy King is not Big Dogs lover
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/15/2004  2:49 PM
Billy King says he wants to trade Glenn rather than buy him out. After Shandon and Eddie Robinson did basically the same maybe Billy might follow the leader......

Timmy doesn't play defense and he is selfish.....but.....he will at least play the game......Timmy doesn't seem like he wants to play. Big Dog can handle post up and pass just the same as Timmy maybe better obviously since he was Big Dogs back up all those years....

I'm up for Big Dog coming to NY. He's not really hurt he's just not available to play.....cuz he don't wanna be there and King don't want him.....

Thoughts?(again, lol)
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/15/2004  2:57 PM
ONLY if it includes a #1 pick
then i'll think about it
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
11/15/2004  3:07 PM
I would say give TT a chance. After 10 games if this inconsistency continues, than I would say use a different measure. Glen Rob???? I don't like his style of play, I hope that he is not traded to us.
The true Knickabocker..........
EWING33BXNY
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #625
USA
11/15/2004  3:25 PM
I'm all for Big Dog coming to NY. At least we know what we would be getting as he has put up consistent numbers in the past.

I'm really sick of TT at this point. All you hear about is his potential. If he has yet to get it together now what makes you think he will eventually get it together!!!

I guess everyone wants to wait it out because it was a trade that IT made and he is not looking to good on this one. If this trade was done before IT we would be asking for TT's head right now!!!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/15/2004  3:30 PM
I would be up for Glenn in NY, except for the fact that we have Trevor now. I would rather give him more minutes than give them to the big dog.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/15/2004  3:37 PM
tim is clearly the better player. it's not even a contest. robinson is a jock and has caused problems everywhere he's been.

i only think about this trade b/c we have trevor on the roster AND only if we get a #1 in return. this not only sheds an extra $14 mil next season, but gives us an expiring deal this season AND more importantly, a #1 pick.

but if you're going on who's the better player, it's tim.

i'm not frustrated nor am i giving up on him. i'm just looking at what's better for us in the long run.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
11/15/2004  3:38 PM
I would be ok with Glenn coming to NY.....

but then TT must be moved, and Glenn can start. Glen is much more of a post offensive player than Tim....a line up of

Marbury/Penny
Crawford/Ariza (?)
Glenn/TT (if we still have him after Glenn)
Sweetney/JYD
KT/Nazr

or

Marbury
Craw
Glenn
KT
Nazr

would be nightmares......the jumpers of Craw and KT and Marbury would be pretty easy....and Nazr can concentrate on rebounding....hopefully...
~You can't run from who you are.~
EWING33BXNY
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #625
USA
11/15/2004  3:42 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

tim is clearly the better player. it's not even a contest. robinson is a jock and has caused problems everywhere he's been.

i only think about this trade b/c we have trevor on the roster AND only if we get a #1 in return. this not only sheds an extra $14 mil next season, but gives us an expiring deal this season AND more importantly, a #1 pick.

but if you're going on who's the better player, it's tim.

i'm not frustrated nor am i giving up on him. i'm just looking at what's better for us in the long run.

everyone has been waiting for Tim in the long run. Mil kept him instead of Glenn and look what he has accomplished, NOTHING. He is just a bench player who everyone thinks is going to be a good starter. If thats the case bring back Kenny Walker!!!
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
11/15/2004  3:46 PM
The move saves you 13 million if the Sixers would even do it. Which would not really do anything for the Knicks, but it would start to get rid of bad contracts. Who knows, you could then package Naz and Penny the next year in exchange for a very servicable player.

It would also open up a roster spot to sign the rest of the Bulls
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/15/2004  4:43 PM
Sixers would not make this deal...they already had TT & know all about his underachieving ways...plus he has an extra year remaining on his deal as compared to Big Dog...no one is going to want TT w/the way he's playing now...the best bet will be to hope that he ups his game by the Allstar break & trade him for an available bigman if possible...otherwise, he's pretty much stuck here.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
EnySpree

11/15/2004  4:48 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

I would be up for Glenn in NY, except for the fact that we have Trevor now. I would rather give him more minutes than give them to the big dog.

Dude....Trvor is the man and he is good.....we got that but he is not ready for 30 plus minutes.....Big Dog will get 30 plus with no problem. When Big Dog is healthy he will bring it.

At the same time Trevor Ariza will still get his 25 minutes.....Big Dog will be gone by next season depending on what he does if he becomes a Knick....Ariza is the Knicks 3 for years....Big Dog will be retired and Ariza will be a 10 year vet at 29.

Time is now for some help. We all know Big Dog will bring it especially if he wants another contract.

Knicks need a selfish scorer.....they need a guy that is not afraid to take and make a shot.....We got Marbs but if the point guard is the onlt guy you trust to make a shot you are in trouble.

Big Dog is old, comming off injury, and has said alot of arse hole stuff......but this is how much Timmy has fallen off in my eyes.....

[Edited by - enyspree on 11/15/2004 16:57:02]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

11/15/2004  5:00 PM
Posted by TMS:

Sixers would not make this deal...they already had TT & know all about his underachieving ways...plus he has an extra year remaining on his deal as compared to Big Dog...no one is going to want TT w/the way he's playing now...the best bet will be to hope that he ups his game by the Allstar break & trade him for an available bigman if possible...otherwise, he's pretty much stuck here.

why you gotta burst my bubble man

You are right but I can dream right?

Big Dog has just the same amount of question marks as Timmy......Billy traded for him.....he wants him gone in the worst way now. He's not gonna get Shareef or anybody like that.....

Plus I don't think the Philly owners will want to pay Big Dog off.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/15/2004  5:14 PM
personally, i think they'd be better off just buying him out if they can't get any expiring contracts for him in return...why be burdened w/the contract of TT for another year when they have Iguodala at the position who they want to develop?

sorry to burst your bubble, but i think it's best to hope that TT starts to play better & trade him when you can actually get someone for him.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
EnySpree

11/15/2004  5:58 PM
Posted by TMS:

personally, i think they'd be better off just buying him out if they can't get any expiring contracts for him in return...why be burdened w/the contract of TT for another year when they have Iguodala at the position who they want to develop?

sorry to burst your bubble, but i think it's best to hope that TT starts to play better & trade him when you can actually get someone for him.

Your right....I guess that's the end of the thread now.....

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/15/2004  5:59 PM
Dude....Trvor is the man and he is good.....we got that but he is not ready for 30 plus minutes.....Big Dog will get 30 plus with no problem. When Big Dog is healthy he will bring it.

At the same time Trevor Ariza will still get his 25 minutes.....Big Dog will be gone by next season depending on what he does if he becomes a Knick....Ariza is the Knicks 3 for years....Big Dog will be retired and Ariza will be a 10 year vet at 29.

Na, I wasn't saying give him 30 mpg. He's averaging 21.4 minutes pergame. What if that was upped to 25, Penny plays about 5 mpg at SF, and TT plays about 15, while still starting, UNTIL he proves that he can shoot well.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
11/15/2004  6:08 PM
The Knicks have enough offense. They need defensive stoppers. Unless TT is leaving, Big Dog has no role here.
Billy King is not Big Dogs lover

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy