KVH 26pts 15rbs last night TT all season 41pts 13rbs, Anderson signs with HEAT
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/15/2004  11:28 AM
Posted by TMS:

Stephon's defense is still weak imo...he needs to step it up on that end of the floor...his offense & distributing has been great so far this season...if not for at least 2-3 missed layups by Nazr each game they've played this year, Marbury would be leading the league in assists.

yeah..defense starts at the perimeter once players blow by marbury we don't have a shotblockers or defenders to keep people from scoring

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 11/15/2004 11:29:13]
AUTOADVERT
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
11/15/2004  12:21 PM
Could have used Dikembe, maning the paint for 15 min a game.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
11/15/2004  12:24 PM
TT is just bad. He has been nothing then a 14pts 4.5 rbds player his entire life in the NBA. He can't touch Van Horn's numbers. I don't care how clutch he is supposed to be (wow, he had one good playoff series 3 years ago, he is def superclutch now!!!).

The Knicks other people to take game winners outside of there SF position. We need rebounding and consistent scoring in throuhout the game. KVH gives you that. Just don't ask him to win games for you. Just like you don't ask TT to do ANYTHING for you.

KVH is alos a better defender, because you know what, he actually gives an effort, just like he gives an effort on the glass, averagin 8 a game to a disgusting 4.5 by TT.

The trade was terrible, Mohammed is also an awful defensive player, that trade alone made out team terrible defesnsively. It got us 2 starters who don't know what it means to play defense.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
gunsnewing
USA
11/15/2004  12:30 PM
TT has more potential to be a better player than KVH because he can take over a game in the 4th quarter. He just needs to focus, someone needs to wake him up. It's not like KVH was going to lead us to a championship.

Also, Isiah will not allow this TT & Nazr trade to ruin his name. He expects both of them to elevate their games. If they don't he will trade before people start to question him as a GM. Unlike Layden who would praise Clarence Weatherspoon and howard eisely only to make himself look good when everyone clearly knew that Knicks team was garbage.

give it sometime. NOT JUST 5 GAMES!! it's like some of you were expecting the Knicks to win a championship this year. So now because TT is struggling we won't win one. We're not going to be contenders for at least another 2-3 years!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 11/15/2004 12:36:33]
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/15/2004  12:37 PM
Nazy's defense looks better this year and is far better than Doleac's. He can do things that Doleac just never will. KVH may try harder on defense than TT, but their results are comparably poor on defense.

None of these players are part of the long-term picture anyway!

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 11/15/2004 12:38:07]
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/15/2004  12:39 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

TT has more potential to be a better player than KVH because he can take over a game in the 4th quarter. He just needs to focus, someone needs to wake him up. It's not like KVH was going to lead us to a championship.

Also, Isiah will not allow this TT & Nazr trade to ruin his name. He expects both of them to elevate their games. If they don't he will trade before people start to question him as a GM. Unlike Layden who would praise Clarence Weatherspoon and howard eisely only to make himself look good when everyone clearly knew that Knicks team was garbage.

give it sometime. NOT JUST 5 GAMES!! it's like some of you were expecting the Knicks to win a championship this year. So now because TT is struggling we won't win one. We're not going to be contenders for at least another 2-3 years!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 11/15/2004 12:36:33]

Just want to state for the record that I did not mention Layden.

Guns, not being critique on you, just showing a few of my fans whom count my Laydenisms!
MS
11/15/2004  12:44 PM
Potential is realize within 5 years..TT is just a wasted talent
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/15/2004  1:00 PM
Posted by MS:

Potential is realize within 5 years..TT is just a wasted talent
your probably right. If anything TT is a victim of his own "potential"
Looks to me like he's a good 3rd option scorer and good skill player. Problem is someone in Mil gave him max money thinking he was going to be the next Pippen with muscles, and it just didnt happen.

As for KVH he cant play late in games, and he cant play in the playoffs... hard to have a played like that as a core of your team.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/15/2004  1:05 PM

KVH once hit a shot at that buzzer to win a big game in the playoffs.

It was either the finals or semifinals.

Miss Gay-Z ever been to the finals? Nope.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/15/2004  1:27 PM
I'm sick of this arguement, but let me put in my thoughts anyway:

I am not a big fan of TT, but I am rooting for him to get out of his slump. I kinda like Keith Van Horn, and wanted him to do well, just as well as the next. However, this is what gives us the benefit in this trade. Tim Thomas can HIT SHOTS in clutch situations, and just doesn't miss important free throws. His mind totally doesn't seem to be in it for half the game, but it's in it during crunchtime. That is a given. As for Keith Van Horn. The guy is loaded with talent, and it shows for 3 quarters. But for some reason, nobody knows why this happens. He turns into the completely opposite player he is. I really don't understand why he screws up and/or dissapears like he does, in these 4th quarters. He's a veteran now. He should be used to this kind of pressure. Something is wrong.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
MS
11/15/2004  1:40 PM
When does TT make these so called clutch shots?
fishmike
USA
11/15/2004  1:49 PM
I remember several down the stretch last year with the Knicks, including that 24 point road comeback in the 2nd half where KVH scored all his points in the first half and TT scored all his in the 2nd half. TT's numbers are better (slightly, but still better) in the playoffs in almost every catagory.

If nothing else, I know TT wont dribble the ball off his foot in crunch time. KVH usually does it twice, then throws his hand up as if to say "NO FOUL!?!?!"

Best part is I like KVH's game, but figured he would be nothing more than a piece to get a big man to put along Marbury when his contract expires. I pretty much see TT as the same, but we need to get him going because his numbers are abysmal. KVH may not help you win games but at least he's productive.
MS
11/15/2004  2:03 PM
Chad Ford wrote:

Teams were practically falling all over themselves to try to pick up Shandon Anderson after the Knicks released him, contending teams. Whats that say about the Knicks, who bought him out so they could sign Eddie Robinson..

Ohh
He did not hit clutch shots, TT was missing the first half and KVH was missing the second.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/15/2004  2:34 PM
Posted by MS:

Chad Ford wrote:

Teams were practically falling all over themselves to try to pick up Shandon Anderson after the Knicks released him, contending teams. Whats that say about the Knicks, who bought him out so they could sign Eddie Robinson..

Ohh
He did not hit clutch shots, TT was missing the first half and KVH was missing the second.
If Chad Ford says it, it must be true
MS
11/15/2004  2:35 PM
And Isiah

If you are going to sign people like Brewer, and Sundov two guys that will never play, why not just try again with Eddie Griffin who brings everything that the team lacks

There is no concern about what players you bring in, put this was a big missed oppurtunity especially in the east, the kid can fly, defend, block shots and has range, and will turn out to be a very important player in Minny.

Did Isiah make a pitch this year, not sure, but he should have
bernard
Member: #475
11/15/2004  2:36 PM
Neither TT nor KVH is worth this much conversation. Think of a great player who really wanted either of these guys on his team. Steph and Kidd couldn't wait to get rid of KVH. Too many turnovers and other mistakes down the stretch. Hustles, but it is a lousy passer and has a low bball IQ, IMO. TT is a headcase. We'll move him one o fhtese days.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/15/2004  3:01 PM
Some of you really have to let the whole KVH thing go.
gunsnewing
USA
11/15/2004  3:12 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I remember several down the stretch last year with the Knicks, including that 24 point road comeback in the 2nd half where KVH scored all his points in the first half and TT scored all his in the 2nd half. TT's numbers are better (slightly, but still better) in the playoffs in almost every catagory.

If nothing else, I know TT wont dribble the ball off his foot in crunch time. KVH usually does it twice, then throws his hand up as if to say "NO FOUL!?!?!"

Best part is I like KVH's game, but figured he would be nothing more than a piece to get a big man to put along Marbury when his contract expires. I pretty much see TT as the same, but we need to get him going because his numbers are abysmal. KVH may not help you win games but at least he's productive.

ah yesss I remember that very well. i remember being relieved after that game. That game sealed the deal for me. TT better than KVH
fishmike
USA
11/15/2004  5:50 PM
of course teams are lining up for Shandon... he's free. The Heat are starting Rasual Butler. They signed Laetner because he was "free" also. Shandon is making $8mm regardless.
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
11/15/2004  6:06 PM
It's sickening that anyone would prefer TT over KVH after what has transpired. This "clutch" play that TT brings really is overrated to me. If you don't perform in the first half, then the chances are you won't even get to show how good a "clutch" player you are!
KVH 26pts 15rbs last night TT all season 41pts 13rbs, Anderson signs with HEAT

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy