[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KVH 26pts 15rbs last night TT all season 41pts 13rbs, Anderson signs with HEAT
Author Thread
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
11/15/2004  9:06 AM
This is pretty telling especially when you have to take into account we got Naz in the deal who combined with TT is averaging 17pts 9rbs, while KVH is averaging 20pts 10rbs.

And the lack of defense from these two is just scary, except for the occasional breakout game these two do absolutly nothing play with no passion, and don't even put the effort forth. TT is constantly laughing on the bench which I would be too, considering he should be put in jail for stealing his contract.

And our good friend Anderson has signed on with the Heat, look for him to do what Chris Childs did against the Knicks in the Playoffs and be instrumental in giving us an early exit. That is if they make the playoffs.

Where is the defense?
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/15/2004  9:09 AM
Yup; let's compare one player while he's in the worst slump he's had in years to another player in one of the best stretches of his career.
RonRon
Member: #246
11/15/2004  9:14 AM
TT hasnt been productive this season at all. Maybe we should start Ariza as he brings more RBs + defense. TT can hopefully do something productive vs 2nd units off our bench. We still need that shot blocking defending Center
MS
11/15/2004  9:16 AM
He seemed to have his best stretch right before we traded him too. And by the way slumps don't include not being able to rebound, box a man out play with desire and do the little things.

TT is the softest player in the entire league, maybe one of the worst rebounders in the league at his size and athleticism. Its pretty sad when he is outrebounded by 2, by a player in one game, when he had five games to do something.

Put he fits the style of play we are looking for. It worked well for Team USA too
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/15/2004  9:27 AM
MS, KVH still seems to have the same old problems in the clutch though. Here's the story on last night.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/gamecenter/recap/NBA_20041114_MIL@MIA

Heat take advantage of Bucks miscue in double OT win
Nov. 14, 2004
SportsLine.com wire reports
MIAMI -- Keyon Dooling played only seven seconds during the final 18 minutes of the Miami Heat's double overtime victory against the Milwaukee Bucks.

He made the most of his cameo appearance.

Dooling forced a second overtime with a running layup, and the Heat took advantage by scoring the first seven points of the extra session in a 112-110 victory Sunday night.

Dooling sat out the final 7:50 of regulation, entering the game with 7.1 seconds left in the first overtime and the Heat trailing by two. After Keith Van Horn misplayed a pass for a critical turnover with 5.7 seconds left, Dooling dribbled the length of the floor and dropped in a layup with 1.4 seconds left to tie it.

"That's my best moment in basketball so far," Dooling said.

And the Heat -- who trailed by four points with 11.7 seconds remaining in the first overtime -- turned it into their best win of the young season. Shaquille O'Neal had his third straight double-double, finishing with 19 points and 18 rebounds for Miami, which snapped a two-game losing streak.

Eddie Jones had 19 points for Miami, which also got 17 from Rasual Butler and 14 apiece from Udonis Haslem and Damon Jones.

"That was one of the craziest basketball games I've ever been a part of," Heat coach Stan Van Gundy said. "To be down four with 11 seconds remaining and to do what we did ... we got a little bit lucky."

Van Horn -- who led all scorers with 26 points -- had a chance to atone for his miscue, but his straightaway 3-pointer with one second left in the game came up short. Michael Redd had 21, and Maurice Williams added 18 points and 10 assists for Milwaukee, which had its three-game winning streak end.

"I don't know if I got bumped or not," Van Horn said of his turnover. "Regardless, I should have gotten the ball."

Miami played its second straight game without second-year guard Dwyane Wade, the Heat's leader in scoring (25.6 per game) and assists (7.4). It's unknown if Wade's sprained left ankle will improve enough for him to play Tuesday at Minnesota.

The Heat survived despite O'Neal missing 12 of 17 free throws -- dropping his season percentage to 36.8.

"Guys showed a lot of heart, especially Keyon," O'Neal said. "Coach called him in to make a play, and he made a great play. And in the second overtime we got a couple stops when we needed them."

Joe Smith had 16 points and 11 rebounds for Milwaukee, which also got 17 points from Desmond Mason.

The Heat used a 9-0 run early in the third quarter to build a 62-54 lead, and when Wesley Person made a 3-pointer and another jumper in a 60-second span later in the period the Heat held a 71-62 edge -- their biggest of the night.

Milwaukee quickly rallied behind Williams, who scored six points in a 9-1 Bucks run over the final 1:55 of the third and cut Miami's lead to 72-71 at the end of the quarter. Van Horn scored five straight points to put Milwaukee up 85-80 with 5:20 left in regulation.

"We had this game," Mason said. "It all boiled down to who wanted it more. I felt we gave this game away. It was there to be won."

Over the game's final 15 minutes, Milwaukee -- which arrived in Miami around 4 a.m. ET, after playing a home game Saturday night -- connected on only 39 percent of shots from the floor.

"My guys went out and competed and gave us a great chance to win the game," Bucks coach Terry Porter said.

Neither team led by more than five points in a back-and-forth first half, which ended with Miami up 51-48 even though Milwaukee missed 10 of 11 shots during a five-minute stretch of the opening quarter.

Shandon Anderson, waived last week by the New York Knicks and signed Sunday by Miami, made his debut and had two points and two assists in 11 minutes.

Notes
Milwaukee missed four shots from inside the paint on its second possession of the second quarter, including a dunk try that Smith slammed into the front of the rim.
Miami had 10 players score in the first half; the only available Heat reserve who hadn't entered at that point was Wang Zhizhi.
Bucks F Toni Kukoc was in uniform, but didn't play because of a right hip injury.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2004, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
11/15/2004  9:36 AM
TT has been his unusual frustrating self, but KVH is nothing more than a tease.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/15/2004  9:41 AM
how many freakin' times do we have to post about kvh vs. tt again?

this is waaaaaay old...move on or go cheer milwaukee.
mikesknicks
Member: #684
USA
11/15/2004  10:01 AM
THANK YOU Please leave kvh trade alone already
I'm a TT fan and his play has been awful. But let's leave kvh
where he is.
In the Knick of time. Knickal for Your thoughts.
Bonn1997
USA
11/15/2004  10:04 AM
"I don't know if I got bumped or not," Van Horn said of his turnover.
LOL! I've never heard someone who truly was fouled say he was *not sure* if he was fouled or not.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 11/15/2004 10:06:50]
Bonn1997
USA
11/15/2004  10:06 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

this is waaaaaay old...move on or go cheer milwaukee.
Great post djsunyc!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/15/2004  10:09 AM
Posted by MS:

This is pretty telling especially when you have to take into account we got Naz in the deal who combined with TT is averaging 17pts 9rbs, while KVH is averaging 20pts 10rbs.

And the lack of defense from these two is just scary, except for the occasional breakout game these two do absolutly nothing play with no passion, and don't even put the effort forth. TT is constantly laughing on the bench which I would be too, considering he should be put in jail for stealing his contract.

And our good friend Anderson has signed on with the Heat, look for him to do what Chris Childs did against the Knicks in the Playoffs and be instrumental in giving us an early exit. That is if they make the playoffs.

Where is the defense?

Its not an unreasonable question. And I would rather have KVH as an option than TT sitting on the bench. Id rather have KVH give 3/4, than Miss Gay-Z give only one.

But we took a risk that miss Gay-Z would move up, not roll back. KVH is a very good player but inconsistan shooting. He gives you rebounding on all nites.

Nazr is not allt that bad until a better situation evolves.

KVH for TT may not have been the best trade so far, but it gives minutes to Trevor, which is good, and whats done is done. Move forward.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/15/2004  10:13 AM
Posted by Marv:

MS, KVH still seems to have the same old problems in the clutch though. Here's the story on last night.

THe fact remains that he was a first or second option with the game on the line. game winners are still a long shot. But the fact that KVH was in the game, had a shooting touch, and was thought of enough to be on the floor, and be an option.

Gay-Z is sitting on the bench. Miss Penny is on the court.

If anyone is shooting the last shot, its Marbs, then Jamal, then Kurt for a short jumper, then Penny. Gay-Z is grabbing the water bottle.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/15/2004  10:24 AM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by Marv:

THe fact remains that he was a first or second option with the game on the line. game winners are still a long shot. But the fact that KVH was in the game, had a shooting touch, and was thought of enough to be on the floor, and be an option.

Gay-Z is sitting on the bench. Miss Penny is on the court.

If anyone is shooting the last shot, its Marbs, then Jamal, then Kurt for a short jumper, then Penny. Gay-Z is grabbing the water bottle.

I agree. KVH is a great 2nd and/or 3rd option. He was the perfect fit with the Knicks. Ehh! We should move on. We all agree (well, most of us) that this was a bad trade. TT should be traded on the trade deadline.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/15/2004  10:50 AM
just wait til TT starts winning us games with his offense. Then everyone will love him and go back to criticizing marbury's and nazr's defense and Lenny Wilkins
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/15/2004  10:51 AM
oh and let me remind everyone that THIS SEASON is only 5 games lol

thats 5 out of 82 folks!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/15/2004  11:01 AM
i've always considered Van Horn as a better player than TT overall, regardless of how they're playing this year.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
MS
11/15/2004  11:02 AM
I think Marbury isn't going to shoulder as much blame as you think. The Knicks may not win 45 games, but Stephon really is playing the best I have ever seen him, and is passing the ball better than anyone in the NBA, he is making more of an effort to get everyone involved, and doing a little better on the defensive end, but he is still the face of the team, and this is NY so the heat is on everyone.

And Naz brings it upon himself with his slow feet, and inability to defend. I am not sure if anyone else noticed but he takes it to the rack very weak, and gets blocked or misses easy put backs, he has terrible hands around the basket. I would limit him to 25 min a game. At least Sweetney gets to the line and gets people in foul trouble.

Sweets is about 10-15 pounds away if he can ever lose it from reaching his potential. He needs to be a lot quicker on his feet, and increase his vertical around the basket a little
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/15/2004  11:08 AM
Stephon's defense is still weak imo...he needs to step it up on that end of the floor...his offense & distributing has been great so far this season...if not for at least 2-3 missed layups by Nazr each game they've played this year, Marbury would be leading the league in assists.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
NYKBocker
USA
11/15/2004  11:10 AM
I would love to be proven wrong about TT. Yes, it is 5 games only, but TT is not a rookie. This is his makeup. He does not hustle, rebound and is inconsistent.

You know what he reminds me off. A guy in the park who everyone thinks is SOOOO GOOOD because he can fly and dunk and shoot 3s, but watch him and he cherry picks, basket hangs and does not play D. All style no substance.
NYKBocker
USA
11/15/2004  11:16 AM
Posted by MS:

And Naz brings it upon himself with his slow feet, and inability to defend. I am not sure if anyone else noticed but he takes it to the rack very weak, and gets blocked or misses easy put backs, he has terrible hands around the basket. I would limit him to 25 min a game. At least Sweetney gets to the line and gets people in foul trouble.

I have no problems with Nazr going to the hole. My problem with him is he lets people back him down. KT needs to teach him not to get happy feet when playing post D. Stand your ground. If your man backs you down, FLOP! Don't let them push you all the way down the basket. He is however an excellent offensive rebounder. Come to think of it. I think you were referring to the way he plays the pick and roll. He does come weak to the basket. He tries to extend up instead of going straight to the hoop.
KVH 26pts 15rbs last night TT all season 41pts 13rbs, Anderson signs with HEAT

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy