[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks real need must be addressed.......
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
11/15/2004  7:26 AM
For the Knicks to be successful this season, Isiah must, I repeat, must address our weakness inside. We need a decent backup or better yet a Center to man that position. Naser is so inconsistent, and furthermore, Vinny is not giving us anything what so ever as yet. We have always knowned that our team would have struggled facing the big front-lines. Isiah's infatuation to find a guard is beginning to get to me. Forget about the SG/SFs, find us a freaking Center or a 6'11 PF that can block shots and play some freaking defense. Dale Davis is being offered for cheap, and Alonzo Morning despite his health issues can provide some help at that position. Do what you can Isiah, please, find us a big man not another guard.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/15/2004  9:03 AM
the problem w/Dale Davis is that he has an expiring deal...the Knicks don't have any expiring deals to give back for him, & they certainly don't have any young players who they'd be willing to give up for him in any trade (trading Sweetney or Ariza for him would be a horrible idea obviously)...Mullin wasn't interested in Nazr when they were discussing the Dampier trade, & KT for Dale Davis would be a mistake.

Zo is the best option imo...we can offer up Nazr & cash & save the Nets alot of $.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/15/2004  9:11 AM
I would have never figured out that the Knicks need a better center if it hadn't been for this thread
diderotn
USA
11/15/2004  9:32 AM
Sarcasm. Well, well, well.

Posted by Bonn1997:

I would have never figured out that the Knicks need a better center if it hadn't been for this thread
diderotn
USA
11/15/2004  9:35 AM
the Naser for Dampier deal didn't sound to good anyway. Dampier is a much better player than Naser right now, but Dale Davis for Naser should be explored in my opinion. Naser is younger, more athletic and cheaper in the long run for GS. For a vet like Davis, Mullin may consider giving him a chance to finish his career with a team that may have a chance to go to the playoffs. GS is trying to rebuild, why not get rid of Davis and Oncle Cliff???

Posted by TMS:

the problem w/Dale Davis is that he has an expiring deal...the Knicks don't have any expiring deals to give back for him, & they certainly don't have any young players who they'd be willing to give up for him in any trade (trading Sweetney or Ariza for him would be a horrible idea obviously)...Mullin wasn't interested in Nazr when they were discussing the Dampier trade, & KT for Dale Davis would be a mistake.

Zo is the best option imo...we can offer up Nazr & cash & save the Nets alot of $.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/15/2004  9:44 AM
patience man, patience.

if we don't get a big man this year. fine. isiah will try his hardest over the next offseason and the following year. if he's still unable to do it, then he failed in his job. very simple.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/15/2004  10:10 AM
Zo is the perfect option.. and I can see that happening. Its not only his play but his mindset. You have to limit him to 20-25 minutes a night but he's worth it
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
DefAndReb
Member: #336
11/15/2004  10:13 AM
Zo wants to play for a championship contender. Why would he leave Jersey to play for a team that's just as weak? This is his final shot. Zo wants to play for a top-3 team. He'll come off the bench. He wants a ring, not another project.

The only way the Knicks will ever get a great big man is if they trade Marbury and Sweets (and with Marbs' record vs. contract that's a big IF) or if they draft one in the top 3-5 spots. Knicks do not have the money or the trading pieces to get a difference-maker. Sure, we could trade bad contract for bad contract, or try to get a guy like D. Davis or Curry, but those guys will only help us marginally, if at all. We were extremely weak down low BEFORE Ewing left. It's been downhill ever since we started using LJ as a PF.

But hey, the (Dolan) goal here isn't to win a championship, it's to get past the first round of the playoffs (still too challenging goal for these guys), so maybe an old geezer at center will get us there, but it has to be a shotblocker/rebounder/defender - NO SCORERS PLEASE.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/15/2004  10:15 AM
an upgrade at center is not putting us over the top. No great centers out there. Curry is a project, but not for Ariza or sweets.

If Kris Humphries is the read deal, he can replace Wally at SF next year. Spree can play some this year. If KT can get the wolves over the top, then maybe a Wally to bulls, Curry to knicks, KT to wolves may work. Eddie would still be a year or two from emerging.

[Edited by - nalod on 11/15/2004 10:18:30]
diderotn
USA
11/15/2004  10:32 AM
Patienc? when you have a payroll as huge as what Isiah has inherited, it affords you no time to be patient, specially when what is missing is so evident.

Posted by djsunyc:

patience man, patience.

if we don't get a big man this year. fine. isiah will try his hardest over the next offseason and the following year. if he's still unable to do it, then he failed in his job. very simple.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/15/2004  10:54 AM
actually you have to limit Zo to 5-10min a night and still he may only last 20games
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/15/2004  11:04 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Patienc? when you have a payroll as huge as what Isiah has inherited, it affords you no time to be patient, specially when what is missing is so evident.

Posted by djsunyc:

patience man, patience.

dude, you want everything right now, 10 months into the rebuilding job. things like this take time. you think we can fix 3 years of layden within 1 trading deadline and 1 offseason? a big man will come, just wait. if not, then fire isiah and try the next guy.
TMS
USA
11/15/2004  11:05 AM
Posted by DefAndReb:

Zo wants to play for a championship contender. Why would he leave Jersey to play for a team that's just as weak? This is his final shot. Zo wants to play for a top-3 team. He'll come off the bench. He wants a ring, not another project.

Zo doesn't have any say in the matter if he's traded as far as i understand it...he can only dictate where he wants to go if NJ buys out his contract & he becomes a FA...

anyway, what's a better situation for him? playing on the Knicks & helping them get a shot to make the Eastern Conference Finals, or playing on the Nets & working his tail off for a lottery bound team?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
kNYks342
Member: #466
11/15/2004  11:39 AM
Zo=Mcdyess...guys are we forgetting that at anytime Zo can be done for his career. We are talking about a potential crisis i mean LJ, Camby, Mcdyess situation you cant take that kind of risk. I'm sorry but Zo is not an option if we have to give up Nazr. Too much risk involved there has to be another way. I say go after Antonio Davis or Curry for now. We dont need a scoring center just a force in the middle who can carry us defensively. Where is Keon Clark when you need him!!!!
TMS
USA
11/15/2004  11:58 AM
I say go after Antonio Davis or Curry for now. We dont need a scoring center just a force in the middle who can carry us defensively.

Zo is a ten times better defender & shotblocker than either Davis or Curry, even at this stage in his career...& Curry plays poor defense, so if it's defense you want, Zo is a perfectly logical option.
kNYks342
Member: #466
11/15/2004  12:17 PM
i understand that but Zo is injury prone and not healthy...too much of a risk...like i said if we have to trade nazr for him its not worth it. We cant afford to give up sometihng for a mcdyess. Understand my point. Zo is good. Good defender and can shoot. but too risky.Not a smart deal if we have to give up someone. Now if he is bought out and we can pick him up. Thats a different issue
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/15/2004  12:18 PM
Zo can't last 15 games. Last year he barely averaged 10 minutes per game and he had to shut it down after about 15 games!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/15/2004  12:34 PM
I wouldn't trade Nazy for Zo. Zo's already saying that he's exhausted after 15 minutes. It's not clear how long he'll last. He certainly has an unreliable track record since 2000. Nazy has his weaknesses, but if we trade him and Zo goes down again, our team would be in HUGE trouble for this season. It's a risk not worth taking IMO.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/15/2004  12:53 PM
Zo is not even an option unless by some miracle the NETS waive him and he signs for the MIN.
ES
Knicks real need must be addressed.......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy