[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Any news on Houston?
Author Thread
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/14/2004  10:44 AM
What's the word on his progress? Isn't he eligible to come off IR?
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/14/2004  10:47 AM
Ya, it's been 5 games, so he's able to, but last I heard, he most likely wouldn't be back until a little after Thanksgiving. Bruno will probably be activated, and my guess is Houston may be back in about 2 weeks.
Panos
Member: #520
11/14/2004  10:53 AM
Just read this from yesterday's NYT:

'Allan Houston will be eligible to come off the injured list after tonight's game, but his return date remains uncertain. Houston reported steady progress in efforts to strengthen his entire left side after battling knee problems last season. But he is not yet ready to scrimmage. "We may come back from the trip and he says he feels great," Coach Lenny Wilkens said. "So we'll just have to wait. There's no new news."'

Jeez, this is scary to me. Not ready to scrimmage yet? What exactly is going on? I thought all he needed was more rest. Maybe he's going to need more surgery after all if all this rest and rehab isn't showing results. It's been a long time. 6+ months?

We need his shooting! Can't wait to see Marbury + Houston + Ariza + Sweets on the court together.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/14/2004  11:06 AM
if he doesn't come back or comes back for 5 games and has to go back on IR. Feel free to bash the heck out of him for not only refusing to improve his defense and overallgame but refusing to have surgery in the offseason. I guess surgery is the answer afterall...all those people who were defending him saying that surgery is not necessary lol
Silverfuel
Member: #268
USA
11/14/2004  11:47 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Feel free to bash the heck out of him for not only refusing to improve his defense and overallgame
No man, dont say that he refuses or you will get death threats in your mailbox from Houston fans.
but refusing to have surgery in the offseason. I guess surgery is the answer afterall...all those people who were defending him saying that surgery is not necessary lol
Come on!! Its Houston we are talking about! He is the Knicks do no wrong boy. How can you say anything wrong about him?

He will come back when he comes back and will be used only to his talents. The offense will not run through him so he can actually be effective. I honestly think TT and Sweetney will benefit A LOT from his jump shooting.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
gunsnewing
USA
11/14/2004  11:52 AM
he will make us a better team for sure even if he can't play defense. We will have less nights like last night but I'm just really pissed that he didn't have surgery so he can play this year. even if he had surgery and had to wait til February to play. Right now we don't know if he will play or if he does will he be able to play without re-injuring the knees he refused to have surgery on.
Silverfuel
Member: #268
USA
11/14/2004  11:57 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Right now we don't know if he will play or if he does will he be able to play without re-injuring the knees he refused to have surgery on.
Valid point but we have been down this road and it still leads us nowhere. He says he does not require surgery because the doctors arent always right. We cannot comment on it because we arent doctors. Even though we hear doctors on the radio say he needs surgery, Houston fans will say what he says, "Doctors are not always right" and give you examples of McDyess.

This is my stand on things right now: Let him heal till he thinks he is ready to come back. Don't rush him, dont worry about him. When he comes back, he will help the team and make us all happy. Lets hope his decision to not go for surgery was the right decision.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
gunsnewing
USA
11/14/2004  12:01 PM
but if he can't even scrimmage after resting his knees for over 6 months then how is he going to be able to finish this season if he didn't fix his knees. They will wear out again. The best thing that could happen is if he is back for the final week of the season and entering the playoffs He was going to go to another doctor for the surgery I believe not the Knicks doctors.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 11/14/2004 12:06:43]
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/14/2004  3:36 PM
Actually, it's been about 8 months since he last played in a game.

Many players take a full year off or more after microfracture surgery. He has to take as much time as necessary. They probably will continue to push back the return date like they've been doing. I don't buy the Thanksgiving return date considering that he still can't scrimmage.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 11/14/2004 15:37:41]
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/14/2004  3:58 PM
I'm thinking and hoping sometime in the first 2 weeks of December, but we'll see.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
11/14/2004  4:04 PM
I'll believe that he will play again when he steps on the court.

Right now, in light of his interminable absence, I'm not sure whether he should be called Allan or Whitney.
Bonn1997
USA
11/14/2004  4:06 PM
Posted by Rich:

Right now, in light of his interminable absence, I'm not sure whether he should be called Allan or Whitney.
I'd just call it the normal time period necessary for rehabbing after microfracture surgery
Rich
USA
11/14/2004  4:13 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Rich:

I'd just call it the normal time period necessary for rehabbing after microfracture surgery

That's your right. I question Houston's toughness.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/14/2004  4:23 PM
H20 also said if the playoffs started today he would be more the able to play. Why rush it, when I'm 100% I'll be back, until then I'm resting and getting better everyday. 100% means no reinjury, no dealing with discomfort, no compensating, no worries and being a liabilty to the team.
Again, Allans absence is the least problem to our enterior defensive woes

I'm no big fan of Allan, but I'm in totally agreement with what he's doing.
ES
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/14/2004  4:35 PM
I'm almost hoping Houston comes back at a time when we're struggling. Jump start this team.
But for the near future, I'm more conserned about news relating to Crawford. If he's out, we'll have our 3 guard rotation...unfortunately it will be Marbury/Penny/Moochie.
Bonn1997
USA
11/14/2004  5:50 PM
Posted by Rich:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Rich:

Just name one player, Rich, in the history of the game who came back quicker than Houston from microfracture surgery
Rich
USA
11/14/2004  6:00 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Rich:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Rich:

Just name one player, Rich, in the history of the game who came back quicker than Houston from microfracture surgery

I can name several in football, starting with Sehorn.

Bonn1997
USA
11/14/2004  6:16 PM
Posted by Rich:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Rich:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Rich:

I'll take that to indicate that you can't name one basketball player then and are desperately resorting to other sports
Rich
USA
11/14/2004  6:18 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Rich:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Rich:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Rich:

I'll take that to indicate that you can't name one basketball player then and are desperately resorting to other sports

I am not aware of other basketball players who had it.

Football is a tougher sport. If you don't know that, you are the one who is desperate.
Bonn1997
USA
11/14/2004  7:17 PM
Posted by Rich:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Rich:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Rich:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Rich:

I am not aware of other basketball players who had it.

So you're admittedly not well informed on the topic, but you're criticizing Houston's approach anyway??
Any news on Houston?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy