Sweetney vs Some Other PFs
Author Thread
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/13/2004  9:55 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by playa2:

Briggs, you still don't think Warrick will be a top 5 pick in the upcoming college draft huh. I bet he will, tweaner you say long and athletic I say equals top 5.

No way. He would've already been gone in last years lottery if that was the case. Although he does have the 40 inch vertcial lift and very long arms, he only weighs 210. Hes going to have to play a pseudo 3-4 like an anthony mason--but he is a true specialty player with tremendous skills. Becuase he weighs 210 @ 6-8, he will face the same thing--he will not fit the prototype NBA body.

Like using Josh Boone for example--hakim might be a better player than josh in college, but nBA scouts will look at 6-10 1/2 7-5 wingspan and soft J and the ability to play 4-5. A step higher perhaps with chris Taft? Hes an athletic 6-10 260 who is pitbull mean with tremendous skills as well. hes the guy I see as number 1--either Rudy gay or Chris taft.

So what you are saying is he won't improve over this up coming season to become a top 5 pick in the next draft. Some guys do like college and choose to stay in college and become top picks the following yr.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/13/2004  10:41 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Just wondering, who would you guys prefer to have on our team for the long-term in each of these comparisons

Sweetney vs. Chris Bosh
Sweetney vs. Chris Wilcox
Sweetney vs. Nene
Sweetney vs. Udonis Haslem

Sweetney vs. Chris Bosh = Bosh

Sweetney vs. Chris Wilcox = tough one...both will be very good player imo...they just bring different elements

Sweetney vs. Nene = another tough one, but i think Nene would fill a more pressing need as we need a shotblocker in the worst way

Sweetney vs. Haslem = Sweetney
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/13/2004  11:49 PM
come on briggs, there is a huge difference between wilcox and shaq, shaq is 7'0 300+ pounds with great footwork, you can't even compare the two, wilcox, is just a dunker, that is all..

As far as bosh is concerned, he will be a fine player, but he plays a little to soft for me, I like him but the jury as far as I am concerned is still out on him being a great player one day...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/14/2004  10:43 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Just wondering, who would you guys prefer to have on our team for the long-term in each of these comparisons

Sweetney vs. Chris Bosh
Sweetney vs. Chris Wilcox
Sweetney vs. Nene
Sweetney vs. Udonis Haslem

Sweetney hasn't benn given a chance like those other players are getting. Bosh, Wilcox start and Nene use to start. remember this is Wilcox's 3rd year same with Nene and Haslem. Bosh and Sweetney are the same year but Bosh gets to start. Also remember before IT came in Sweetney wasn't going to see the light of day in the rotation so his growth was stunted in the league. But if I had to choose I'd go Bosh simply because he is 6'11'' and has an inside outside game.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/14/2004  4:51 PM
Posted by tkf:

come on briggs, there is a huge difference between wilcox and shaq, shaq is 7'0 300+ pounds with great footwork, you can't even compare the two, wilcox, is just a dunker, that is all..

As far as bosh is concerned, he will be a fine player, but he plays a little to soft for me, I like him but the jury as far as I am concerned is still out on him being a great player one day...

You say Bosh is a little to soft, why because his body hasn't filled out yet at 21 yrs old. I watch his games regularly on TV CB4 IS GONNA BE A STAR. Bosh's work ethic is gonna make him rise to the top, he fears no one when he plays.
JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
OldFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #446
11/14/2004  6:55 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by tkf:

I like sweetney because he is efficient, he is a wide body down low, plays better Defense than most people think and he is skilled. Nene, I like but he is a poor rebounder for his size, at lest if anything for a guy like nene that should be a given right now in his career.. Wilcox, has no skills beside dunking, he is not a great rebounder, or defender, and has odd footwork, he is a explosive jumper and IMO that is it... Haslem is a good worker but not in the class of these guys and Bosh will be a real good player, I think bosh is more of a finess player and these guys can bruise...

well, shaq had very little other skills his first 7-8 years in the league except dunking. Wilcox has more physical talent than Sweetney and as far as effeciency, Wilocx has a greater ability to get a better shot, much less tO proned, a better looking jump shot/foul shot and can rebound the ball at the same level as mike. remember he is down there playing with elton brand who swarsm rebounds+they have maggette who is also a big time rebounder.

Bosh is different from both because he s a legit 7 footer and 2 years younger. hes a much better ball-handler-passer type with much longer limbs. hes got the ability to be a 22-23 points 12 rebound 4-5 assit guy for a long time.
If it was my choice i would take wilcox bosh second, sweetney third--but it would be a tight call between wilocox and bosh. I like the power wilcox shows

by the way, how about shawn livingston--i think when all is said and done livngston and howard will be the two top guys in the draft this year+ sure-fire NBA superstars

Briggs I'm confused 22-23 pts 12 rebs 4-5 assists are MVP type numbers. Only one player in the league averaged higher in all three catagories last year - Garnett. After saying that about Bosh - you say you would take Wilcox. Do you really think either is that good and that Wilcox can do even better then those Hall of Fame numbers?

[Edited by - oldfan on 11/14/2004 19:01:13]

[Edited by - oldfan on 11/15/2004 09:00:49]
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/17/2004  1:20 AM
Well Wilcox got the better end of the matchup against Bosh tonight
Sweetney vs Some Other PFs

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy