[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Artest or Curry?

Author Poll
PhilinLA
Member: #696
http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/33974.htm Who would you rather get, or could we get both?
Artest
Curry
We Can Get Both
We Cannot Get Both
View Results

Author Thread
Ira
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #91
11/14/2004  2:17 PM
Artest is one of the better players at his position in the league. He'd make the Knicks instantly better. I'd offer T Thomas and Sweets for Artest.

Curry is a guy who has potential but hasn't proven anything yet. Maybe he will, but maybe he won't. We can't give up someone valuable for him.
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/14/2004  2:22 PM
how about a 3-way trade involving the knicks, the bulls and the pacers were we give up sweetney and ariza and nazr/kurt and get back artest and curry. I'd still rather hold onto sweetney and ariza until houston, penny's and TT contracts are off the books in 2-3 years then sign a top tier free-agent

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 11/14/2004 14:25:18]
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/14/2004  2:57 PM
I definately would love Artest on this team, but his talking bout retirement is scaring me away from giving anything too valueable for him.
As far as Curry goes, I would rather wait and see if we could get NO to do something like Bonn suggested.
I don't want to give away either or both Sweetney or Ariza. They both appear to have very bright futures, and trading them away now could be a HUGE mistake.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/15/2004  8:45 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by TMS:

Magloire might be traded, but we won't get him for TT & Kurt...it's just not going to happen...if they trade him, it will be for an expiring contract & a young talented player or high draft pick.
You're missing the point about us taking back a player with 3 years of a huge contract who will probably never play a game again. What other team will take that back? Or do you think the Hornets won't mind spending $30 mil on a retired player while they're making the lottery?

the Hornets would be stupid to trade away a young C in his prime who averages a double double for a career underachiever & an aging PF who is a solid role player...there's no point there that i'm missing.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/15/2004  9:06 AM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by TMS:

Magloire might be traded, but we won't get him for TT & Kurt...it's just not going to happen...if they trade him, it will be for an expiring contract & a young talented player or high draft pick.
You're missing the point about us taking back a player with 3 years of a huge contract who will probably never play a game again. What other team will take that back? Or do you think the Hornets won't mind spending $30 mil on a retired player while they're making the lottery?

the Hornets would be stupid to trade away a young C in his prime who averages a double double for a career underachiever & an aging PF who is a solid role player...there's no point there that i'm missing.
They save a huge amount of money (that they can use on other FAs or pocket) and replace two players giving them 14 and 10 and 0 and 0 with two players giving them 10 and 7 and 15 and 5. The only reason the Knicks should do the trade is that they can afford to pay Mashburn to not play and they can replace TT with Ariza. I can't see how the Hornets can afford to pay Mashburn not to play and be a lottery team regardless of what they get from Magloire.
Artest or Curry?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy