[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Knicks start 3 game road trip from hell @ Cavs [7PM]
Author Thread
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
1/24/2022  9:32 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
MS wrote:Same **** with Randle, over dribbling, ball not moving. Long three pointers. There are better looks out there.

Who's the loser who passed him the ball for the last second shot? Fake PG Burks, right?

Randle never had a prayer to make that shot and Burks is an idiot for passing with no court vision.

RJ lost the game down 1 shooting a hero ball 3.

We are lacking high offense IQ players. And in crunch time we need to run a 2 pg setup. We need more ball handlers on the floor. Burks is not one of them.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
AUTOADVERT
blkexec
1/24/2022  9:33 PM
martin wrote:But what more can you say about Grimes? Dude is gonna be a fantastic 3&D guy

His lateral quickness and hands are sooooo good.

I told you. Grimes is my favorite young player on this team. We need to make some trades to free up playing time

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/24/2022  9:34 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
martin wrote:But what more can you say about Grimes? Dude is gonna be a fantastic 3&D guy

He should be starting over Evan Fournier. It's not even a question anymore.

He is absolutely playing better than Fournier. At the same time I have no problem Grimes just getting more and more and more minutes as he keeps finishing games.

I'm not a Just Start a Player. Earn it.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
blkexec
1/24/2022  9:36 PM
Burks is a shooter not a passer.
RJ is a mid Range slasher not a 3 pt shooter.
Randle is a bully ball post player, not a logo shooter.

Everybody plays out of position in crunch time. Some of that is on coach

blkexec
1/24/2022  9:37 PM
martin wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:

He is absolutely playing better than Fournier. At the same time I have no problem Grimes just getting more and more and more minutes as he keeps finishing games.

What has Fournier earned?

blkexec
1/24/2022  9:40 PM
So EF and Kemba are good enough to start games but not good enough to finish? Smells fishy to me. Like thibs is trying to satisfy or make the FO look good by starting them but tries to win in the 4th by sitting them???
blkexec
1/24/2022  9:41 PM
blkexec wrote:So EF and Kemba are good enough to start games but not good enough to finish? Smells fishy to me. Like thibs is trying to satisfy or make the FO look good by starting them but tries to win in the 4th by sitting them???

And u wonder why this team is inconsistent 🤦‍♂️

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

1/24/2022  9:42 PM
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:

A trade to the lakers for Westbrook

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/24/2022  9:43 PM
We need a PG in the worst way. And don’t say Quickley is a PG. Not saying he can’t get there but he’s not there or even close to being there yet
MS
Member: #724
1/24/2022  9:45 PM
Terrible play, but you have 1.7 left you don’t fade away. You have time to take a two dribbles and create contact.
martin
USA
1/24/2022  9:46 PM
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:

Literally nothing, guys like him and Kemba are placeholders. This is about Grimes earning it.

Thibs has drawn a line in the sand with his young guys. Play D. Do the right things. Play hard. Don't make dumb mistakes. Execute well and then you get minutes. And then you get more minutes the better you play.

This is what building a culture is about.

Not just throwing players into positions they will fail and don't make sense and haven't been earned. Kev Knox dev schedule ala Fiz is over.

The Knicks are all in on development.

Philc1

1/24/2022  9:53 PM
Rookie wrote:We need a PG in the worst way. And don’t say Quickley is a PG. Not saying he can’t get there but he’s not there or even close to being there yet

Quickley is at best a combo guard who can occasionally bring the ball up the court. Ditto for Burks

Kemba’s knee has officially fallen apart. Rose might be back in April not that he was doing anything before. Again why don’t we need Westbrook who is essentially an expiring contract?

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/24/2022  9:57 PM
Philc1 wrote:
Rookie wrote:We need a PG in the worst way. And dont say Quickley is a PG. Not saying he cant get there but hes not there or even close to being there yet
Quickley is at best a combo guard who can occasionally bring the ball up the court. Ditto for Burks

Kembas knee has officially fallen apart. Rose might be back in April not that he was doing anything before. Again why don;t we need Westbrook who is essentially an expiring contract?

Because he's not

Philc1

1/24/2022  10:04 PM
The longer we drag this nonsense out using IQ and Burks at the point the sooner us drafting 8th overall again for the 19th time in 21 years becomes inevitable

Shame. I thought we were past the Dolan ineptitude last season

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/24/2022  10:05 PM
Missed foul shots. No excuse.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/24/2022  10:28 PM
MS wrote:Terrible play, but you have 1.7 left you don’t fade away. You have time to take a two dribbles and create contact.

Mahones would’ve had two plays and 60 yards in 1.7

RIP Crushalot😞
Clean
Member: #743
1/24/2022  10:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/24/2022  10:51 PM

For some reason it keeps posting 2 tweets but the second tweet is the one I want to focus on. It's nice seeing someone who analyzed basketball saying the same thing I said from the start of the season. We get lauded for our depth but Thibs never tries to mix and match to get the most from our group. What good is depth when you never use it. He just lazily throws someone here or there and that's it.

For Instance, when Randle got covid anyone with a brain would have known that just throwing Obi into the starting lineup would fail since they all don't accentuate anything Obi is good at. Thibs used that failure to further demote Obi from 15min per game to 10. Thibs for some reason does not think trying Kemba or EF off the bench is even worth a thought. For him Kemba is either a starter or out of the rotation for good. Thibs did not even want to play Grimes until Covid forced his hand. Now he loves Grimes.

Thibs is too stubborn, regimented, lacks imagination and/or the ability to experiment. I am not even saying these changes would work. I have no way of knowing because we never tried them. I am saying he never even gave it a chance to work. Thibs is a good coach in general but he has many flaws and I see that is why he always gets fired.

Edit: He made another tweet on the topic

martin
USA
1/24/2022  10:44 PM
The one thing that would be long term concerning to me is RJ’s FT shooting. Dude misses all over the place. And I’d guess that that inconsistency leads to general shooting inconsistencies elsewhere too
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
1/24/2022  11:33 PM
NYKMentality wrote:RJ played well but he single handedly ruined our chance to comeback and win.

Down 1 point.

Julius Randle passes his the ball at the top of the key with an entire 6 seconds left.

And what does RJ Barrett do?

He tried to play HERO BALL and launched a 3; instead of driving to the rim to either make a layup or get fouled

Nice job trying to come back from down 15 in the 4th but RJ Barrett should be ashamed of himself for chucking a hero ball 3 instead of driving.

Oh well. We just aren't a playoff team right now.

Sure I would have preferred if RJ drove the lane but how about also recognizing Randle iso-dribbling from 16 seconds down to just under 6 seconds before realizing he is too slow to go around anyone not named Michael Sweetney?

That's mostly a Thibs call in terms of no creativity. How about we give someone who can move quickly the ball. Rewatch it - the whole play was Randle isolating trying to beat his man. When he couldn't - he kicked out.

This set is worse than when Melo used to do it in 2014, as Melo at least was tougher to guard.

How about next time RJ (or Burks or anyone who moves with the ball) handles and kicks out if he can't get by his man.

Little movement = easy to guard.

And yes RJ clearly needs to work on his free throw shooting.

Clean
Member: #743
1/25/2022  12:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/25/2022  12:14 AM

GameThread: Knicks start 3 game road trip from hell @ Cavs [7PM]

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy