[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Knicks start 3 game road trip from hell @ Cavs [7PM]
Author Thread
Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

1/25/2022  1:17 AM
Tonight game was the first time in a very-very long time, coach Thibs gave out decent minute to a 10 man rotation. However, not putting Fournier & Kemba in the final 2 sec lineup in a (Thibs) play design for Randle to take the 3 .. showed little to NO creative coaching !!!

Tonight, the rookie Evan Mobley performance (over Noel) stole the NBA ROY award .. on 6-12 FG shooting for 15 pts, 12 rebs, 5 Dimes, and NO fouls in 38 min .. What? What?
The Cavs were without the NBA Most Improve Player Jarrett Allen tonight.

AUTOADVERT
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
1/25/2022  6:07 AM
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/25/2022  6:54 AM
Clean wrote:

Anyone want to guess what Randle’s +/- was?

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/25/2022  7:57 AM
This is the best summary of Obi end game last night:

MaTT4281 wrote:
MS wrote:Classic Thibs. Sit Obi immediately after a come back

Thought Thibs gave him a longer leash today than normal. He had good minutes out there, but the turnover on the fast break, offensive foul on the screen, and then the over the back at the other end...no way he was going to survive all that.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/25/2022  8:01 AM
Cam Reddish is already requesting a traded. Seriously, is he injured again? Any explanation why he gets a DNP on the second game of a back to back
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/25/2022  8:33 AM
martin wrote:This is the best summary of Obi end game last night:

MaTT4281 wrote:

Thought Thibs gave him a longer leash today than normal. He had good minutes out there, but the turnover on the fast break, offensive foul on the screen, and then the over the back at the other end...no way he was going to survive all that.

Did Randle do better?

martin
USA
1/25/2022  8:38 AM
Rookie wrote:Cam Reddish is already requesting a traded. Seriously, is he injured again? Any explanation why he gets a DNP on the second game of a back to back

Both he and Thibs have been saying the right things about his playing time. I can't find the exact Thibs response to that very question last night (why Cam didn't play) but he mentions that he has a 9 man rotation and it's tough to even play 10 but that Cam will get his chance and just to be ready. Cam says he is working hard and will earn his minutes.

Last night would have been tough. Who are you taking away minutes from besides the obvious of Fournier and Kemba. Maybe Burks? Thibs has a lot of respect for his vets and he gives them a long leash before they fail and get subbed out of rotation.

RJ, IQ, Grimes all played well and had major minutes. Obi too.

What you are asking for is an 11 man rotation albeit in a back to back.

Clean
Member: #743
1/25/2022  8:39 AM
Rookie wrote:Cam Reddish is already requesting a traded. Seriously, is he injured again? Any explanation why he gets a DNP on the second game of a back to back

This was predictable. Thibs don't like change. We have too many wings even with Rose out. This is why in the trade thread I said there has to be another trade before the deadline. Cam asked to leave because he was not getting enough time. He was getting way more time than he will be playing for Thibs now. What do you think he is going to do if he spends the rest of the season out of the rotation? Knox got 15 and 11minutes in his last 2 games. Cam will be lucky for his sneakers to touch the court.

martin
USA
1/25/2022  8:41 AM
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:This is the best summary of Obi end game last night:

MaTT4281 wrote:

Did Randle do better?

I don't care for Randle as a player. Maybe you can answer that question for me.

martin
USA
1/25/2022  8:58 AM
Clean wrote:

This was predictable. Thibs don't like change. We have too many wings even with Rose out. This is why in the trade thread I said there has to be another trade before the deadline. Cam asked to leave because he was not getting enough time. He was getting way more time than he will be playing for Thibs now. What do you think he is going to do if he spends the rest of the season out of the rotation? Knox got 15 and 11minutes in his last 2 games. Cam will be lucky for his sneakers to touch the court.

You do understand that Cam is actually not already requesting a trade, right? That was just a rhetorical sarcastic statement I think

Clean
1/25/2022  9:22 AM
martin wrote:
Clean wrote:

You do understand that Cam is actually not already requesting a trade, right? That was just a rhetorical sarcastic statement I think

I understood he was joking. I think there is a miss understanding with my post. The predictable part was pertaining to Cam being out of the rotation. The trade request I was referencing was the one he gave the hawks. The next point I made was if he spends the rest of the season out of the rotation we might be getting a trade request in the off season. My fault for not being more clear.

martin
USA
1/25/2022  9:22 AM
This angle of last play is pretty good.

RJ doesn't really have a ton of room to dribble towards basket, his side is overloaded.

Randle has the entire side of the court empty on his strong hand without a good defender on him. Makes a slow decision.

Clean
1/25/2022  9:26 AM
Here is Begly on the possibility of a trade before the deadline.

martin
USA
1/25/2022  9:29 AM
Clean wrote:
martin wrote:
Clean wrote:

I understood he was joking. I think there is a miss understanding with my post. The predictable part was pertaining to Cam being out of the rotation. The trade request I was referencing was the one he gave the hawks. The next point I made was if he spends the rest of the season out of the rotation we might be getting a trade request in the off season. My fault for not being more clear.

OK, thanks.

I agree with you, I wouldn't put it past the Knicks to keep Cam out until a trade is made or after trade deadline. I don't want anyone injured but it would help if Kemba and Burks sat.

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
1/25/2022  9:40 AM
If we were going to get one on this road trip, this was it. We wasted a great opportunity to get a nice win against a good team, even though they were missing some guys. Lots to like but when you are an average team like we are, the margin for error for very small. I'm happy with the effort and honestly we should have won this if we made a few more plays.

I actually liked RJ taking that three. Wished he would have taken the last shot too but the execution was messed up. I honestly think the last shot was a play to set up RJ but he released too early and the play got messed up. But going back to the play before, I liked the three. I would have of course preferred he take it to the rim but I'm fine with him taking a three there. Plus he struggled at the line (but kudos to him for hitting those 2 clutch ones) and it was a pretty open three point attempt. We didn't lose because of that. This was a game where we should have had a 10 point lead throughout the game if our shooters did their job. Fournier and IQ got wide open attempts and only shot 2/12 from three. Kemba and Burks also shot poorly. Playing simple pick and roll defense on the statue of Kevin Love would have been nice too. And we missed 10 FTs. That's the game in a nutshell.

But lot's to like. RJ continues to mature. Obi hit some threes. Grimes played excellent defense on a soon to be All-Star guard in Garland. Noel shows why he's so important to this team with his defense. Randle also had some nice defensive moments on Mobley but the turnovers are just a killer. Absolutely hate it when he Iso's cause 9 times out of 10, it seems like it's a turnover or a poor shot against the shot clock. Thibs needs to ban him from going Iso.

Next two are going to suck.

Clean
1/25/2022  10:17 AM

Not trying to beat a dead horse just posting a tweet I found to be funny.

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
1/25/2022  10:29 AM
Clean wrote:

Not trying to beat a dead horse just posting a tweet I found to be funny.

Your sense of humor sucks.

JK that ****’s pretty funny. Let’s hope it’s not accurate.

Sambakick
Member: #5646

1/25/2022  11:26 AM
NYKMentality wrote:RJ played well but he single handedly ruined our chance to comeback and win.

Down 1 point.

Julius Randle passes his the ball at the top of the key with an entire 6 seconds left.

And what does RJ Barrett do?

He tried to play HERO BALL and launched a 3; instead of driving to the rim to either make a layup or get fouled

Nice job trying to come back from down 15 in the 4th but RJ Barrett should be ashamed of himself for chucking a hero ball 3 instead of driving.

Oh well. We just aren't a playoff team right now.

Randle should've passed it to RJ earlier so he could make a move.

After not deferring to Barrett to start the possession even though he had two points to RJ’s 11 in the fourth quarter, and watched as his younger teammate was perfect from the field and the line in the final frame, the player (who meanders up the court without an ounce of urgency) either can’t or won’t drive left against Dean Freaking Wade. Instead, he wastes precious seconds with some masturbatory in-and-out dribbling that goes precisely nowhere. Finally, with six second left, he passes to Barrett for the three, which misses. - Knicks Film School

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
Sambakick
Member: #5646

1/25/2022  11:27 AM
martin wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:RJ played well but he single handedly ruined our chance to comeback and win.

Down 1 point.

Julius Randle passes his the ball at the top of the key with an entire 6 seconds left.

And what does RJ Barrett do?

He tried to play HERO BALL and launched a 3; instead of driving to the rim to either make a layup or get fouled

Nice job trying to come back from down 15 in the 4th but RJ Barrett should be ashamed of himself for chucking a hero ball 3 instead of driving.

Oh well. We just aren't a playoff team right now.

100%

For starters, with so little time left on the clock, RJ had to be thinking “shoot” the moment he got it, because if the initial drive was stonewalled, there’d be no time to pull it back out. Barrett’s best drives are either the result of playing very fast (in transition) or very methodically, getting himself set up for the drive he wants to make. This completely took that option off the table
. - Knicks Film School

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/25/2022  11:43 AM
martin wrote:

Both he and Thibs have been saying the right things about his playing time. I can't find the exact Thibs response to that very question last night (why Cam didn't play) but he mentions that he has a 9 man rotation and it's tough to even play 10 but that Cam will get his chance and just to be ready. Cam says he is working hard and will earn his minutes.

Last night would have been tough. Who are you taking away minutes from besides the obvious of Fournier and Kemba. Maybe Burks? Thibs has a lot of respect for his vets and he gives them a long leash before they fail and get subbed out of rotation.

RJ, IQ, Grimes all played well and had major minutes. Obi too.

What you are asking for is an 11 man rotation albeit in a back to back.

The minutes looked more normal in last nights game. No one played more the 34 minutes. I still would like to see Barrett and Randle closer to 30 minutes. I thought Cam could of had a little run with the 2nd unit. How Thibs mixes that in with Barret, Burks and Fournier playing a few minutes less wouldn’t be that hard. I kind of expected it after Cam played 6 min the night before and this being the 2nd of a btb

GameThread: Knicks start 3 game road trip from hell @ Cavs [7PM]

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy