simple as that
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
1/17/2022  4:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/17/2022  4:37 PM
Yes. I want to see Quickley but Thibs seems pretty set on his role. Brunson would be ideal. He can get into the teeth of that zone without sacrificing outside shooting. Obviously Walker and rose can help when healthy. But Walker probably can’t play consistently enough and has no interest in attacking much anymore.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/17/2022  4:37 PM
Knixkik wrote:Yes. I want to see Quickley but Thibs seems pretty set on his role. Brunson would be ideal. He can get into the teeth of that zone without sacrificing outside shooting.

We see Quickly all the time. He is barely a capable PG against second units.

Just zone him.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
houston20
Member: #8797

1/17/2022  4:44 PM
A cheap option would be devonte graham from pelicans hasn't played great this season but on good contract 4 years 45 million dollar contract. I would trade kemba for devonte draham and trade obi for mo bamaba .
SkyWalker
Member: #814
1/17/2022  4:47 PM
Can Brunson play good defense?
Kenny SkyWalker
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/17/2022  4:51 PM
Kemba Walker and Derrick Rose?
Knixkik
USA
1/17/2022  4:57 PM
SkyWalker wrote:Can Brunson play good defense?

It’s not spectacular but solid.

Knixkik
USA
1/17/2022  4:57 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Yes. I want to see Quickley but Thibs seems pretty set on his role. Brunson would be ideal. He can get into the teeth of that zone without sacrificing outside shooting.

Just zone him.

You’re probably right. Just wanted to see him as a starter as opposed to Burks at some point.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/17/2022  5:21 PM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

Just zone him.

You’re probably right. Just wanted to see him as a starter as opposed to Burks at some point.

Burks doing his best to help out, got 2 early fouls and IQ came in for him. Didn't do much

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/17/2022  5:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/17/2022  5:32 PM
It showed today that we are the slowest team in the NBA. We don’t have a single player who can beat anyone off the dribble except for Kemba and his knees are 60 years old. We also showed that our offense has the most basic of structure. We can not get shooters open. Our ball screeners are pathetic and especially Randle withe fake ball screens. We can’t execute a simple pnr, it’s like Mitch run to the basket and wait there until we miss a 3. Mitch is efforting but I have to wonder if his foot is right. I think I’m in the wrong threat, but it’s more then just a PG. We need a skilled elite athlete.
wargames
Member: #6053

1/17/2022  5:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/17/2022  5:40 PM
I thought it was more we didn’t have a bigger wing to match up with Bridge. RJ defended the faster/craftier Hayward but Miles was too strong for Grimes/Fournier/RJ and too fast for Randle. He had the mismatch and exploited it. I been in here before talking about the need for a larger wing before they got Cam and games like this shows why. Ideally Cam’s speed and size would have helped.

We do need a PG but a specific type like a combo guard who can defense Point of Attack and shoot the three if open. That’s not easy to just get.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Knixkik
USA
1/17/2022  5:48 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

Just zone him.

Burks doing his best to help out, got 2 early fouls and IQ came in for him. Didn't do much

Agreed. I just feel like starting IQ might make us a tad faster to start games. But bottom line is we are trying to just cover until we get a healthy PG back. There’s no fix. Brunson I like as a long term solution. Reminds me of VanVleet in terms of an upcoming free agent that was young and needed more opportunity. I was really hoping Leon would try to get him here. Brunson is more likely for many obvious reasons. He’s never going to be a star, but the Knicks championship upgrade would come at the wing anyways. Brunson can be a starting PG for a great team.

Jimbo5
Member: #8854

1/17/2022  7:07 PM
This is the 3rd or 4th game the knicks started flat and getting themselve in the hole early. I know thibs can be stubborn but why didnt he change things up early on.Bridges got himself going with Evan's defense. When you start Burks its a feast or famine kind of thing. If hes locked in well and good if its an off night there will be a domino effect. They need a real answer for the starting point guard.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/17/2022  7:39 PM
houston20 wrote:A cheap option would be devonte graham from pelicans hasn't played great this season but on good contract 4 years 45 million dollar contract. I would trade kemba for devonte draham and trade obi for mo bamaba .

No one else is worried about the optics of trading Kemba to future veteran free agents? I think its a bad idea.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
mikesknicks
Member: #684
USA
1/17/2022  8:40 PM
No one else is worried about the optics of trading Kemba to future veteran free agents? I think its a bad idea.

I agree with this 100%.

In the Knick of time. Knickal for Your thoughts.
houston20
Member: #8797

1/17/2022  8:44 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
houston20 wrote:A cheap option would be devonte graham from pelicans hasn't played great this season but on good contract 4 years 45 million dollar contract. I would trade kemba for devonte draham and trade obi for mo bamaba .

We don't when kemba is coming back it been like almost 10 games and been questionable last 5 games.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

1/17/2022  9:39 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

Benching him for 10 games for no real reason didn’t help optics either

Knixkik
USA
1/17/2022  9:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/17/2022  9:53 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

I would assume if it got to that point it would be a mutual thing. Kemba can still turn it on from time to time as we know, but his best role going forward is probably the role that DRose and IQ play, and I think no one expects any changes to the second unit to accommodate that. So unless he suddenly gets really healthy and really consistent, he probably doesn’t have a long term role here and will seek a drose-like role elsewhere. Dallas would be a great fit. Playoff caliber team that can use his skill set if Brunson wants to branch outside of a Doncic offense. I don’t see bad optics in finding a better situation for a player when it’s needed.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
1/17/2022  10:12 PM
This is the type of game that shows why the Knicks got Reddish. We needed a 6’8” guy on Bridges and Thibbs definitely would have give Reddish a chance to guard him if Cam was healthy. Hopefully Cam realizes that his best (and really only) chance to get minutes is to impress Thibbs with his defense. If Cam can focus on that and be our top SF defender then he should get consistent minutes from Thibbs.
Trust the Process
blkexec
Member: #748
1/17/2022  10:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/17/2022  10:21 PM
Philc1 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Benching him for 10 games for no real reason didn’t help optics either

Yep...If I'm a free agent, why would I go to a team that cheers when you are winning like they won the an nba championship, and boos everybody when they lose. Todays NBA players are mentally soft and the rise of social media is only going to get worst.

Between knick fans, the media and Thibs, it's a difficult place to play. Randle was most improved and getting MVP chants to now he's getting boos and fans want to trade him. Kemba was not only benched, but removed from the rotation. Then comes back and starts killing. Letting everybody know there was no problem with his health. Of course he's out with a knee problem now, but during that run, optics didn't look so good for the knicks or Thibs. I'm ok with boos, but every player can't handle that, as we see with Randle.

So yes, I've always been worried about that. It takes a special player on KD's level to survive here. But I have faith in this FO to get it right. I'm not sure I have faith in Thibs as an NBA championship coach. I think his lack of creativity on offense mixed in with a lack of consistent offensive and defensive talent.

I think the other main issue is thibs strategy to play Randle and RJ the most minutes by any duo in the NBA. At least that was the case last year and based on stats, Randle and RJ leads the team in minutes. The problem with that is Randle and RJ are also inconsisent on offense and average to below average on defense. If you going to play somebody that many minutes, it needs to be a 2 way super star, which we don't have. Otherwise, you play your team and give the minutes to the hot hand. But thats just my inexperience observation. Sometimes is better for players to know how many minutes they will play each game, and Thibs is very consistent with that.

RJ played 38 minutes and scored 18 points. Hayward didnt have an efficient day, maybe thats becasue of RJ. But Bridges had a career day. Who was guarding him, Fournier (SMH). I'm kinda glad I didn't see this game. I might over exaggerate this lost, when in reality, we won 3 of our last 4 games. It's just the loses are so ugly, it can linger over the next several games, before the team snaps out of it and start winning again.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
showed today No PG

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy