[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

With still a month away from the trade deadline, what move or moves can the Knicks make?
Author Thread
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

1/21/2022  9:58 AM
Trade for Westbrook. He has only two years left on his deal including this season. I can't watch Kemba limp through the rest of the season followed up with Burks and IQ self-destructing because Thibs is asking them to play point guard full-time
AUTOADVERT
EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
1/21/2022  1:01 PM
Philc1 wrote:Trade for Westbrook. He has only two years left on his deal including this season. I can't watch Kemba limp through the rest of the season followed up with Burks and IQ self-destructing because Thibs is asking them to play point guard full-time

You find WestbrookBall watchable?

This is the Randle.
sidsanders
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #2426

1/21/2022  1:16 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Philc1 wrote:Trade for Westbrook. He has only two years left on his deal including this season. I can't watch Kemba limp through the rest of the season followed up with Burks and IQ self-destructing because Thibs is asking them to play point guard full-time

need more guys who cant shoot. perhaps pick up wall and have the modern anti frazier/monroe duo.

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
Philc1

1/22/2022  10:12 PM
sidsanders wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

need more guys who cant shoot. perhaps pick up wall and have the modern anti frazier/monroe duo.

We already are doing that by starting Burks at PG

Jimbo5
Member: #8854

1/23/2022  1:27 AM
I hope the FO has some take aways from the summer free agency, when they wanted to address the team's offensive troubles by signing Kemba and Evan both can be offensively gifted but also below average defensively. Look how that turned out. Im hoping if the front office have a move or two up their sleeves they would consider players that are average defensively at the very least, if not im afraid the season woes will just continue.
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

1/23/2022  6:22 AM
Philc1 wrote:
sidsanders wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

We already are doing that by starting Burks at PG

On first thought it might make sense if the Knicks traded for Westbrook, provided it were Evan plus some combination of Kemba, Rose or Noel, keeping the youth out of the equation. Trading long-term contracts providing limited value to the Knicks right now for a gigantic, but shorter-term Westbrook deal looks attractive from cap management standpoint.

The biggest issue with Westbrook is that he is not good defensively and is prone to turnovers. So, despite his triple-double prowess, our team result could actually regress even further with him.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/23/2022  3:27 PM
Clear the cap to start the "who wants to play with whats left FA game" again?
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/23/2022  4:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/23/2022  5:00 PM
That Hawks guy posted this:

Portland has pulled McCollum from the market. The rumor is it's difficult to get the value they covet for C.J. and they would rather keep him. They are targeting Julius Randle who's been struggling bad for RoCo and Nance. This could be a deal that happens as NY wants to get rid of Randle. Word is, Portland thinks they can do a SnT with C.J. and their 1st to land a star like Kyrie. It seems like getting Kyrie is their priority.

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/434958-my-guy-has-talked-around-nba-circles-of-late/page/93/#comment-1152185

And added we want rid of him but hardly anyone outside of the Blazers want him.

Would you be okay trading him for Larry Nance Jr and Robert Covington? (Essentially a salary dump

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/23/2022  5:01 PM
smackeddog wrote:That Hawks guy posted this:

Portland has pulled McCollum from the market. The rumor is it's difficult to get the value they covet for C.J. and they would rather keep him. They are targeting Julius Randle who's been struggling bad for RoCo and Nance. This could be a deal that happens as NY wants to get rid of Randle. Word is, Portland thinks they can do a SnT with C.J. and their 1st to land a star like Kyrie. It seems like getting Kyrie is their priority.

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/434958-my-guy-has-talked-around-nba-circles-of-late/page/93/#comment-1152185

And added we want rid of him but hardly anyone outside of the Blazers want him

Yeah, his last post wasn't really all that accurate, so I'll take it with a grain of salt. Just this post alone...Portland doesn't believe they can anything of value for CJ, but they think CJ and a first will get a star 🙄
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/23/2022  5:07 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Yeah, his last post wasn't really all that accurate, so I'll take it with a grain of salt. Just this post alone...Portland doesn't believe they can anything of value for CJ, but they think CJ and a first will get a star 🙄

So it would obviously have to be pushed from the Kryri side of things. Dude only can play half of the games and is about the re-up. He would have force his way to POR

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
1/23/2022  5:09 PM

Would you be okay trading him for Larry Nance Jr and Robert Covington? (Essentially a salary dump

As much as I prefer to move on from Randle - I don't think I would trade for Covington and Nance Jr. Don't think adding Covington (after adding Reddish and still having Fournier, Grimes, Burks) would help as that's too many non-starter wings that are all good but none great.

If the Blazers were willing to part with Anfernee Simmons and/or a #1 pick than I would be interested for the right package.

wargames
Member: #6053

1/23/2022  5:17 PM

Was this guy accurate last time? I remember the name, I just don’t remember if he was right?

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/23/2022  5:27 PM
wargames wrote:

Was this guy accurate last time? I remember the name, I just don’t remember if he was right?

I can never fully remember as he does post a lot of info. Sometimes he’s been way off, sometimes he has been right, think he pretty much nailed who the hawks were going to get in free agency. I don’t think he makes things up, I think he does have a source, but I get the impression the source is sharing things/smoke/rumors he’s heard from nba circles rather than facts.

If we’re being honest, what teams could we see being interested in Randle? I can only really think of the Blazers, maybe the Kings, and maybe the Mavs, but you’d have to find a third team to move KP- can’t see us bringing KP ‘home’ (ha!) though ironically he might be a better fit for us now than Randle

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/23/2022  5:29 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

So it would obviously have to be pushed from the Kryri side of things. Dude only can play half of the games and is about the re-up. He would have force his way to POR

I don't think you'd have to twist Nets management's arm very hard to get that deal done. Would Portland bite? Does a Kyrie/Dame backcourt seem feasible, especially when you consider the salary cap implications? I dunno, it just seems like some more trash being thrown at the wall.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
1/23/2022  5:32 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I don't think you'd have to twist Nets management's arm very hard to get that deal done. Would Portland bite? Does a Kyrie/Dame backcourt seem feasible, especially when you consider the salary cap implications? I dunno, it just seems like some more trash being thrown at the wall.

From a POR perspective, if Kyrie is on your list of teams he would force a S&T, you step up, especially for CJ and a first. And then you wish Dame well and trade him.

martin
USA
1/24/2022  9:51 AM
smackeddog wrote:
wargames wrote:

I can never fully remember as he does post a lot of info. Sometimes he’s been way off, sometimes he has been right, think he pretty much nailed who the hawks were going to get in free agency. I don’t think he makes things up, I think he does have a source, but I get the impression the source is sharing things/smoke/rumors he’s heard from nba circles rather than facts.

If we’re being honest, what teams could we see being interested in Randle? I can only really think of the Blazers, maybe the Kings, and maybe the Mavs, but you’d have to find a third team to move KP- can’t see us bringing KP ‘home’ (ha!) though ironically he might be a better fit for us now than Randle

This is the key point. The guy is just sharing what teams are talking about, not exactly what he thinks teams will do or telling us what teams will do; there is zero predictions.

And from that perspective, he seems pretty "accurate"

Philc1

1/24/2022  9:57 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

From a POR perspective, if Kyrie is on your list of teams he would force a S&T, you step up, especially for CJ and a first. And then you wish Dame well and trade him.

Isn’t Oregon too pro-science for Kyrie Irving?

Chandler
Member: #6197

1/25/2022  8:45 AM
smackeddog wrote:
wargames wrote:

I’ve always thought the kings made a lot of sense either for randle or obi.some package centered around one of those guys and one or more of the kings guards.

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/25/2022  9:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/25/2022  9:38 AM
This is not a proposal: RJ and Randle for Donovan Mitchell. IF Mitchell is going to be chronically cranky about being in the book of mormanland then perhaps they need to address it. With a freshly signed Randle they get a solid player with a decent long term contract. With RJ they get potential allstar at age 21.

This only makes sense if knicks really have a strong belief that OBI can really evolve and RJ ceiling is not higher than Mitchells.
I don’t promote this btw. Im emotionally willing to roll the dice on RJ and not squander a premium to obtain the sure thing in Mitchell. If OBI is the real deal Randle can be moved at some level.

There is no move that I want to see westbrook in a a knick uniform.

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
1/25/2022  2:00 PM
Mitchell is one of the few talents I would consider trading RJ for - but we would need more back if we lost both Randle and RJ.

Maybe I would look more toward a RJ (+ Burks or Noel, etc) and #1 pick for Mitchell (and take bad contract back). Deal Randle separately elsewhere.

Mitchell is terrific but we would have less roster talent unless Grimes becomes the second coming of Allan Houston and Cam Reddish becomes a Rashard Lewis-type player.

With still a month away from the trade deadline, what move or moves can the Knicks make?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy