[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

With still a month away from the trade deadline, what move or moves can the Knicks make?
Author Thread
Jimbo5
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8854

1/14/2022  10:37 AM
With Cam joining the team and the FO invested a 1st round pick to get him there should be a path to getting Cam consistent playing time. Im hoping early on Thibs can give Cam a look to see how he responds to his defensive system. Im hoping he can be the Bullock replacement the EF hasnt lived up to.

If trades are still coming and the FO is really considering Myles Turner, from the line up alignment with the pacers pairing Turner with Sabonis in the frontcourt. Turner has embraced his role as a power forward and has thrived this season. Will a pairing of Mitch and Turner in the knicks frontcourt work? Then plug Cam at the SF and RJ at the SG the knicks will have ridiculous length in the starting line up but can it work? Can trading Randle, EF and a 1st round pick be enough?

There is still a question of the Starting PG position. Will Thibs go with Burks the rest of the season or will Thibs re-insert Kemba once he is healthy? Is trading for Jalen Brunson an option? Brunson has been balling for the Mavs, my only worry with Bronson is his low 3pt shooting. But having three 3pt shooters in the line up (Turner, RJ and Cam) be enough to hide Brunson lack of 3pt shooting? Can a trade package of Burks, Kemba plus the Dallas pick be enough to get him?

How far can a starting lineup of these guys carry the knicks this season?

Mitch
Turner
Cam
Rj
Bronson

AUTOADVERT
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/14/2022  11:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/14/2022  11:27 AM
A poster on P&T mentioned hearing about a Mitch/Kemba for Christian Wood trade. Houston has said he is available. I’m not sure what the f/o plans to do with Mitch and I don’t think Tibs likes having a part time starting PG
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

1/14/2022  11:44 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/14/2022  11:45 AM
Obi for Halliburton? haha.

I see a few things as priorities going forward. Probably first and foremost is what appears to be a savvy vision of maximizing assets and flexibility. (*see last year's draft night moves*) Then is getting our most effective roster -- Thibs guys (DEE-fense) and translating any position overload into players/assets. Lastly -- a younger, durable PG. What we all want. You know, like a Halliburton

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

1/14/2022  11:45 AM
Rookie wrote:A poster on P&T mentioned hearing about a Mitch/Kemba for Christian Wood trade. Houston has said he is available. I’m not sure what the f/o plans to do with Mitch and I don’t think Tibs likes having a part time starting PG

I think Wood would be a mistake just from a chemistry standpoint. That aside, I think Houston could get back more considering Wood's salary and talent level.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/14/2022  12:13 PM
Consolation is key. I could see Obi and Noel for Woods. I could see see Kemba and a pick for Brunson and a filler. Something has to give in this Knicks rotation. Otherwise it will be messy.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/14/2022  12:43 PM
Knixkik wrote:Consolation is key. I could see Obi and Noel for Woods. I could see see Kemba and a pick for Brunson and a filler. Something has to give in this Knicks rotation. Otherwise it will be messy.

What!? Not this FO

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/14/2022  12:48 PM
I don't think Knicks pull the trigger on Wood. They definitely seem to be big on character and we've got some big red flags recently.

Charania further reported that "Wood was benched to start the loss to Denver after missing a mandatory COVID-19 testing window. Lucas called out entire team at halftime, and focused on Wood's effort level. Porter had a heated exchange with the longtime assistant, and drove out of [the] arena at halftime."

Wood was reportedly late to warmups. He came off the bench after having started all of his previous 34 games this season. He played eight minutes in the first half Saturday and went 0 for 4 from the field.

Following the halftime confrontation, he informed coaches that he had no desire to play in the second half.

What was the postgame reaction to the Rockets' drama?
According to The Athletic's Kelly Iko, the Rockets have spoken to Porter since the incident and the guard is apologetic for his overreaction.

"We had a spirited debate," Rockets head coach Stephen Silas said during his postgame media availability. "I have certain demands of this team as far as playing hard. . . . I wasn't satisfied with the effort." As a result of the incident, ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski and Tim MacMahon have reported that the Rockets will suspend Porter and Wood for the team's Jan. 3 meeting with the 76ers.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/rockets-drama-kevin-porter-jr-christian-wood-john-lucas/13hggzqxkmbw17nb1174nngwf
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/14/2022  12:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/14/2022  1:01 PM
RJ replaced Bullock and is a good defender. EF replaced RJ and is a better shooter.
Trades don’t solve all issues. Sometimes they create new ones.
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/14/2022  2:35 PM
The word trades does not always mean improve.
Fans constantly looking for a quick fix. The FO is doing the right thing. Gaining incremental value and improving without starphucking. Hopefully that continues. For the first time I feel as though the FO has a plan and is planning things at a more advanced level than the average arm chair GM.

It is funny how most always want a trade. Yet they are the same that push to move on from new acquisitions just 42 games into the season.

I like where we are. Everyone in the roster has shown signs of being capable of a high level of play. Just need all of them to gel and become more consistent.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
1/14/2022  2:50 PM
I am not a huge fan of Fournier on this team. I hate that he pushes Barrett to the 3.

Jerami Grant and Myles Turner are very obvious players that would improve the starting lineup.

I haven't seen a PG available yet that makes me interested. I would specifically want a 3 and D point guard that can orchestrate offense in a half court -- with good size and big hands. Miles McBride is in this archtype mold, but he best player in this category would be a Jrue Holiday type. Not sure if we didn't try on Lonzo Ball or were collusively out-maneuvered, but he is another of this "type". Ty Haliburton is still on my mind because we skipped him for Obi. Dejounte Murray is probably best defensive PG "available" but I think his 33% from 3pt range needs work to make sense in a championship squad. You could try an nab him and pray you work his shot out.

This is the Randle.
Knixkik
USA
1/14/2022  4:13 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:I don't think Knicks pull the trigger on Wood. They definitely seem to be big on character and we've got some big red flags recently.

Charania further reported that "Wood was benched to start the loss to Denver after missing a mandatory COVID-19 testing window. Lucas called out entire team at halftime, and focused on Wood's effort level. Porter had a heated exchange with the longtime assistant, and drove out of [the] arena at halftime."

Wood was reportedly late to warmups. He came off the bench after having started all of his previous 34 games this season. He played eight minutes in the first half Saturday and went 0 for 4 from the field.

Following the halftime confrontation, he informed coaches that he had no desire to play in the second half.

What was the postgame reaction to the Rockets' drama?
According to The Athletic's Kelly Iko, the Rockets have spoken to Porter since the incident and the guard is apologetic for his overreaction.

"We had a spirited debate," Rockets head coach Stephen Silas said during his postgame media availability. "I have certain demands of this team as far as playing hard. . . . I wasn't satisfied with the effort." As a result of the incident, ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski and Tim MacMahon have reported that the Rockets will suspend Porter and Wood for the team's Jan. 3 meeting with the 76ers.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/rockets-drama-kevin-porter-jr-christian-wood-john-lucas/13hggzqxkmbw17nb1174nngwf

I get the character concerns, but you have a front office that shut down Wall for no reason and doesn’t look close to trading him. Houston is a team that has players who can help them that they won’t let play. Wood wants to win just like anyone does. Scoring 17 ppg on a team that is trying to lose accomplishes nothing. Basically I’m saying that a toxic environment has a way of bringing these frustrations out in the open. Wood isn’t innocent in all of this but he isn’t the only one at fault and I’m not putting that all on him. Playing in that situation isn’t easy.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/14/2022  7:21 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:I am not a huge fan of Fournier on this team. I hate that he pushes Barrett to the 3.

Jerami Grant and Myles Turner are very obvious players that would improve the starting lineup.

I haven't seen a PG available yet that makes me interested. I would specifically want a 3 and D point guard that can orchestrate offense in a half court -- with good size and big hands. Miles McBride is in this archtype mold, but he best player in this category would be a Jrue Holiday type. Not sure if we didn't try on Lonzo Ball or were collusively out-maneuvered, but he is another of this "type". Ty Haliburton is still on my mind because we skipped him for Obi. Dejounte Murray is probably best defensive PG "available" but I think his 33% from 3pt range needs work to make sense in a championship squad. You could try an nab him and pray you work his shot out.

Wait, you think EF came in with FFFFFRench attitude, a fancy black french beret, a glass wine, a cigarette in and and with a Suave accent declared “Ze RJ, no, him play the “diminutive”, as you say FORWARD place while Me, no, I play what you say “Shooting” Gaaaad. Yes, Me, I do this, no?”

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/14/2022  9:16 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Rookie wrote:A poster on P&T mentioned hearing about a Mitch/Kemba for Christian Wood trade. Houston has said he is available. I’m not sure what the f/o plans to do with Mitch and I don’t think Tibs likes having a part time starting PG

I think Wood would be a mistake just from a chemistry standpoint. That aside, I think Houston could get back more considering Wood's salary and talent level.

Some day the Knicks gotta throw Briggs a bone. I do think we should keep and pay Robinson. He does what he does very well.

houston20
Member: #8797

1/14/2022  11:41 PM
Lot these trade are come down who got covid shot and who hasn't gotten the shot to play nyc example shrouder , trey burke, johnathan issiac no covid shot.
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
1/14/2022  11:42 PM
While I was intrigued by Woods before we signed Randle - his recent coach argument reminded me how he's bounced around so many teams (despite being very talented) so I wouldn't touch him. Thibs would probably quit if we got him.

I think the next move should involve obtaining a better PG - either a slight upgrade or we swing for the fences (just please no Dame or Westbrook).

Also recently reading rumors that Knicks may not be sold on Randle long-term. Not saying that's true but it is the first time (since last season) that there has been some speculation about maybe not continuing to focus on him. Last season he was revered - not sure if things have changed but if so - maybe Randle goes in a trade deadline move to upgrade the PG position? In that hypothetical scenario - I would be all for Fox as we would shift to a more run and gun type of team. Obi could stay and practice his wind sprints :)

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
1/15/2022  6:04 AM
I think we could get a first round pick for Burks. I would make that trade if it is available. Beyond that move, the Knicks need to figure out what they intend to do with Toppin. There is no immediate need to trade him, but he looks like someone worthy of playing 30 minutes but we don’t have 30 minutes to give him with Randle on the team. So at some point, we are going to have either trade Toppin or Randle.
Trust the Process
Jimbo5
Member: #8854

1/15/2022  8:28 AM
Who can our long term starting point guard be? Is it possible to trade for him by the trade deadline? What willit take to getthe starting PG? Who can be available? Jalen Bronson, D'aron Fox, Haliburton, Dejounte Murry? I think for now thats the only hole that needs to be addressed.
Knixkik
USA
1/15/2022  8:35 AM
Some trade options now or this summer based on current rumors

Fournier and Obi for Harrison Barnes
Obi, Noel and the Dallas first for Turner
Obi, Kemba (or Burks) and the Dallas first for LeVert
Obi and Burks for Norman Powell
Obi and Kemba for Brunson and Dwight Powell now.
Or Kemba and Burks for Brunson this summer when he signs 4/80
Kemba, burks, 2022 first (top 10 protected) and 2023 Detroit 2nd for LeVert

Not saying I would do all of these or all are good but this is the idea.

Knixkik
USA
1/15/2022  8:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/15/2022  8:41 AM
Jimbo5 wrote:Who can our long term starting point guard be? Is it possible to trade for him by the trade deadline? What willit take to getthe starting PG? Who can be available? Jalen Bronson, D'aron Fox, Haliburton, Dejounte Murry? I think for now thats the only hole that needs to be addressed.

Considering age and fit, I’ll say Fox is the target with Brunson as the fallback. Fox goes without saying. Brunson, for all of his connections to the team, is also a great fit. He’s an incredibly efficient offensive player who gets into the lane easily. He can also spot up and competes on defense. He’s a PG that shoots 50% from the field in his career while still shooting a healthy amount of threes. There’s only a few of those in the entire league.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/15/2022  8:39 AM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Consolation is key. I could see Obi and Noel for Woods. I could see see Kemba and a pick for Brunson and a filler. Something has to give in this Knicks rotation. Otherwise it will be messy.

What!? Not this FO

Christian Wood is a bad fit for the roster. He doesn't fit with Randle at all. Trading for Reddish gives the Knicks a legit rotation Forward in the event Obi gets traded for Myles Turner.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
With still a month away from the trade deadline, what move or moves can the Knicks make?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy