Woj: Cam Reddish to KNICKS, Knox out
Author Thread
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

1/20/2022  6:48 PM
foosballnick wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:How bad and/or how serious is Cam Reddish's injury?

Because yet again. Once again. He's listed and ruled out for tonight's game vs. New Orleans.

I'm already getting frustrated with it.

The knicks just traded for an injured player, are you surprised?

I'm not saying I don't like the trade, I'm just saying this is nothing new

Just curious - what other injured players have the Knicks traded for that would make this "nothing new"?

We traded for Eddy Curryand he had a heart condition

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
AUTOADVERT
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

1/20/2022  7:03 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Because yet again. Once again. He's listed and ruled out for tonight's game vs. New Orleans.

Just curious - what other injured players have the Knicks traded for that would make this "nothing new"?
We traded for Eddy Curryand he had a heart condition

But what does Curry have to do with our current Knicks front Office?

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

1/20/2022  10:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/20/2022  10:43 PM
We need Cam, Thibs is saying he’s close to coming back
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/20/2022  10:49 PM
Dyess was like 20 years ago. He was fine. It was the other leg that blew out.
Eddy heart was not the issue when he got here. He left it in chicgo.
What player was hurt when he got traded? Jeeze, poor woe is me 1248.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/21/2022  7:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/21/2022  7:03 AM
Nalod wrote:Dyess was like 20 years ago. He was fine. It was the other leg that blew out.

The heart thing was known before the Curry trade and we still made it. Thats why the Bulls wanted to get rid of him. He was complaining of chest pains, and feeling lightheaded during the 2005 season. Bulls doctors suspected something was wrong. Theywanted him to take a DNA test which he declined citing ethical reasons. It has nothing to do with this front office of course, but we have made boneheaded moves like this before.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/21/2022  8:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/21/2022  8:27 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Nalod wrote:Dyess was like 20 years ago. He was fine. It was the other leg that blew out.

The heart thing was known before the Curry trade and we still made it. Thats why the Bulls wanted to get rid of him. He was complaining of chest pains, and feeling lightheaded during the 2005 season. Bulls doctors suspected something was wrong. Theywanted him to take a DNA test which he declined citing ethical reasons. It has nothing to do with this front office of course, but we have made boneheaded moves like this before.

I am very knowledgeable about Eddy. He was using then widely popular Ephedra to keep weight off and energy up. It causes heart issues for some. I hated the deal but lets be real, Eddy did not die or have issues with his health. To give up two 1st round picks of that nature for him was stupendously idiotic then and in retrospect. He was motivated for the money and little else. It was evident then and in the aftermath of his career and story. There was a stretch under Larry Brown were he was playing really good ball. Him and Jackie Butler. Larry Brown had the team aligned for a while but it was not sustainable for many reasons.

To trade and give the franchise to an emotionally unstable Marbury was not a good idea either.
To have a cap 40% higher than the number two top salaried team and win 23 games was criminal.

we are not dysfunctional by any means. We are a .500. We SURGED last year for many reasons and perhaps one has to digest it was not sustainable for many reasons.

Cam will help. How? I don’t know. could be small addition but to still solve some chemistry issues? Maybe. Thats some real **** to hope for. Not some starphuch trade rumor that we get all pissed off doe not happen. Few trade scenarios do midseason.

foosballnick
Member: #3148

1/21/2022  9:22 AM
Clean wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I am on no ones side on this topic but just wanted to answer this specific question because one instantly popped into my head. Antonio McDyess.

So a single trade made 20 years ago by a front office that has since turned over 8 times would mean that trading for Cam Reddish last week with an ankle issue means the Knicks trading for injured players is "nothing new"?

foosballnick
Member: #3148

1/21/2022  9:26 AM
Jmpasq wrote:

Still not sure what the connection is to the point made on Cam Reddish. What was that like 16 years ago by Isiah? 1248 essentially lied to accentuate his complaint.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/22/2022  2:26 PM
I tell you what, he is at least saying all the right things.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/6/2022  1:38 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

2/6/2022  9:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2022  9:50 PM
foosballnick wrote:
Clean wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I am on no ones side on this topic but just wanted to answer this specific question because one instantly popped into my head. Antonio McDyess.

So a single trade made 20 years ago by a front office that has since turned over 8 times would mean that trading for Cam Reddish last week with an ankle issue means the Knicks trading for injured players is "nothing new"?

1) We didn’t give up much for Cam

2) his injury issues are nothing compared to what McDyess had going on with his knee and Curry’s injury issues were known before Isiah killed us and traded the farm for him

Woj: Cam Reddish to KNICKS, Knox out

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy