[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Woj: Cam Reddish to KNICKS, Knox out
Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

1/13/2022  8:56 PM
blkexec wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nba/hawks/.amp/news/2019-20-player-review-cam-reddish

So this didn’t take long to find some footage of cam and how he was one of the bottom 5 nba players in the league his rookie year. Which is why he was traded for knox. Some of us get caught up in trades and are quick to give cam high expectations without evidence. This article supports my low expectations of cam right now but I still see great potential as a 3 and D player. I also believe we got cam at the right time where things are starting to click for him.

This for you rookie. Since my eye test isn’t enough for you. He’s clearly a low risk project. This is not a home room move but a solid trade that may have some long term benefits.

I saw him Some this year. Totally different than rookie or last year. A bit streaky but I was seeing effort. I think he needs a change of scenery and a chance to touch the ball

(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/13/2022  8:59 PM
blkexec wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nba/hawks/.amp/news/2019-20-player-review-cam-reddish

So this didn’t take long to find some footage of cam and how he was one of the bottom 5 nba players in the league his rookie year. Which is why he was traded for knox. Some of us get caught up in trades and are quick to give cam high expectations without evidence. This article supports my low expectations of cam right now but I still see great potential as a 3 and D player. I also believe we got cam at the right time where things are starting to click for him.

This for you rookie. Since my eye test isn’t enough for you. He’s clearly a low risk project. This is not a home room move but a solid trade that may have some long term benefits.

You watched some footage of Cam in his rookie year and you drew some conclusions about a trade of him that happened near 2 years later? What?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/13/2022  9:33 PM
I want to dislike the trade, but I can't. We need a SF. Kevin Knox sucks - bye. I think Reddish might be a bust but I like that his PER has improved this year, and I like that he is 5th in the NBA in FT%. I think there is legitimate reason to see potential, as opposed to the guy we gave up
DLeethal wrote: Lol Rick needs a safe space
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/13/2022  9:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2022  9:40 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:I want to dislike the trade, but I can't. We need a SF. Kevin Knox sucks - bye. I think Reddish might be a bust but I like that his PER has improved this year, and I like that he is 5th in the NBA in FT%. I think there is legitimate reason to see potential, as opposed to the guy we gave up

He’s essentially a role player at this point. His playing time will be determined by his defense and efficiency. If he gives neither of those 2 then I am pretty sure Thibs will be asking “and I’m going to f’ this up for what reason?”

Not saying I dislike the trade though because I do actually like it. It’s a lateral trade at this point though. We need to see Cam make a commitment to defense and his role.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
blkexec
Member: #748
1/13/2022  9:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2022  9:49 PM
martin wrote:

You watched some footage of Cam in his rookie year and you drew some conclusions about a trade of him that happened near 2 years later? What?

Ah yeah……if u read the article they do a good job of detailing cams development from his rookie year until now. That’s why I included the link remove any mid interpretations. The link spells it out. I really should’ve have said anything. The article says it all. My conclusions was based on my own eye test. The article fills in the holes from rookie to now.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/13/2022  10:01 PM
I really don't believe they made this trade without consulting Thibs. He must see potential in his D. Another player with above average wingspan.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/13/2022  10:31 PM
That “low motor” thing is really stuck in some of your heads!

Cam does not strike me as that.

Lets see if they even keep Knox. Lets see if they move some players to give him some minutes.
My opinon is Knox is a more polished offensive player and Perhaps can find a role off the bench IF THEY REDCUCE THE LOGJAM>.
Cam is a better athlete but not fundamentally as developed. He relies raw ability. RJ is has more fundamentals, stronger, but not as fluid or as quick as Cam.
I don’t see where Grimes supplants Ef any time soon.
Obi’s outside shot is an issue for him.
This trade does not make sense at the moment. But that does not mean it won’t soon enough. It gets sorted out in time on the court.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

1/13/2022  11:37 PM
His shooting percentages are up this year. Good defender. We need perimeter D and he brings that. All it cost was Knox and a pick
Jimbo5
Member: #8854

1/14/2022  12:01 AM
Last year the knicks season started turning around when the front office made an early trade for DRose. Can lightning strike twice? Can the Cam Reddish trade be the spark that turns the season around? Well the answer to that will all depend on Thibs if he can figure things out and give Cam ample playing time then maybe.

The next step is to secure the starting point guard position. Is there a way to trade for Brunson? Il be willing to give Walker, burks and the Dallas 1st rounder. Will that be enough? Brunson will be a free agent and Dallas has a history of not wanting to go over the tax. Could this be the opportunity the knicks are waiting for?

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/14/2022  12:04 AM
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:

Ah yeah……if u read the article they do a good job of detailing cams development from his rookie year until now. That’s why I included the link remove any mid interpretations. The link spells it out. I really should’ve have said anything. The article says it all. My conclusions was based on my own eye test. The article fills in the holes from rookie to now.

The article is dated April 15, 2020. It does not detail his development from his rookie year until now. You are making that up. It is a puff piece about his rookie year on a losing team

Kemet
Member: #6148

1/14/2022  12:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/14/2022  12:39 AM
Thibs + Randle + RJ really misses Bullocks hustle performance, right or wrong?
The Knicks FO can't pull a Ben Simmons trade ..
So the best they could do was get Cam Reddish, and hope/pray Cam could for-fill Bullocks meshing role-performance alongside RJ & Randle .. Good Luck lol
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

1/14/2022  1:20 AM
Kemet wrote:Thibs + Randle + RJ really misses Bullocks hustle performance, right or wrong?
The Knicks FO can't pull a Ben Simmons trade ..
So the best they could do was get Cam Reddish, and hope/pray Cam could for-fill Bullocks meshing role-performance alongside RJ & Randle .. Good Luck lol

This is what I thought. Cam's high FT% is a strong indicator that he can keep improving his 3% as well.

Anyway comparing Knox to Cam has to Gtfotukf. Knox peaked as a player in November of his rookie year. Cam has had 2 30 point games this month and big playoff minutes.

Reddish still has a lot of value so the only way this makes sense to me is if Atlanta was desperate for cheap assets. Knox expires this year and there's no cost to the pick. Atlanta is loading up to make another trade- probably Collins to an over the cap team with increasing salary going forward.

Great trade for New York.

There should be no concerns about salary and minutes. Burks will start at PG going forward. Cam will take his place off the bench.

Burks/ IQ
Fournier/ Grimes
RJ/ Reddish
Randle/ Obi
Robinson/ Noel

ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
1/14/2022  3:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/14/2022  3:30 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:I want to dislike the trade, but I can't. We need a SF. Kevin Knox sucks - bye. I think Reddish might be a bust but I like that his PER has improved this year, and I like that he is 5th in the NBA in FT%. I think there is legitimate reason to see potential, as opposed to the guy we gave up

His 3 point shooting has also improved every year he has been in the league and he is currently at 0.379% so the man works on his game. I think this trade is very easy to get behind. Just hope we don't sell the farm for Zion now.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
blkexec
1/14/2022  5:33 AM
Rookie wrote:
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:

The article is dated April 15, 2020. It does not detail his development from his rookie year until now. You are making that up. It is a puff piece about his rookie year on a losing team

You asked for more than a few college games. U didn’t like my knowledge. U didn’t like the authors knowledge. Sounds like your at a dead end buddy. Time to bark up another tree. If you expecting me to go through every single game of cam for his entire 3 year career, good luck with that. Got more things to worry about than the 10th player on a 9 man rotation.

The truth on where cam is and where he is projected to be will be revealed eventually. Give it time young man. Cam appears to be a nice 3 and D player. Knox was becoming a 3 and D player. How about we enjoy the new addition and be merry. If you want to call people you don’t know lazy, then have at it. But believe me, I might not watch every atl game or any atl game from beginning to end. But I definitely watch every knick game.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Jimbo5
Member: #8854

1/14/2022  6:02 AM
This is a low risk high reward move by the knicks. Other teams were interested in Cam before the knicks struck a deal. The knicks think that Cam still has alot of untapped potential the same goes to the 2-3 other teams that were trying to get him. Its now on the coaching staff( Johnny Bryant and Kenny Payne) as well as thibs to help Cam reach his potential. Hopefully the work ethic of the young core brings Reddish to the fold and not alienate him.
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
1/14/2022  6:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/14/2022  6:17 AM
Jimbo5 wrote:This is a low risk high reward move by the knicks. Other teams were interested in Cam before the knicks struck a deal. The knicks think that Cam still has alot of untapped potential the same goes to the 2-3 other teams that were trying to get him. Its now on the coaching staff( Johnny Bryant and Kenny Payne) as well as thibs to help Cam reach his potential. Hopefully the work ethic of the young core brings Reddish to the fold and not alienate him.

+1

Hopefully Thibbs can bring out his full defensive potential. The kid is a legit 6-8 with arms longer than Frank’s. He could be just what we need to get our defense back into the top-5. Plus, he is a decent offensive player who just needs to learn his spots on the floor and what he wants to do on offense. He is better than Knox on offense (better handle) and defense. Solid trade for the Knicks.

Trust the Process
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/14/2022  6:55 AM
blkexec wrote:
Rookie wrote:
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:

You asked for more than a few college games. U didn’t like my knowledge. U didn’t like the authors knowledge. Sounds like your at a dead end buddy. Time to bark up another tree. If you expecting me to go through every single game of cam for his entire 3 year career, good luck with that. Got more things to worry about than the 10th player on a 9 man rotation.

The truth on where cam is and where he is projected to be will be revealed eventually. Give it time young man. Cam appears to be a nice 3 and D player. Knox was becoming a 3 and D player. How about we enjoy the new addition and be merry. If you want to call people you don’t know lazy, then have at it. But believe me, I might not watch every atl game or any atl game from beginning to end. But I definitely watch every knick game.

My only point is this - why have such a strong negative opinion about a player you say you’ve never seen play an nba game. Sorry for calling you lazy, we can definitely agree about watching teams other then the Knicks and I find Trae’s style of play unwatchable. If anything, this back and forth made me dig a little deeper into Reddish myself. I think he’s going to be fine under our coaching staff and I like the trade. Knox was gone for nothing at the end of the year anyway. The better comparison for Reddish might be Jalen Johnson who was available when we traded our pick for this Carlotta pick. Let’s see how these young fellas turn out.

blkexec
1/14/2022  6:57 AM
TheGame wrote:
Jimbo5 wrote:This is a low risk high reward move by the knicks. Other teams were interested in Cam before the knicks struck a deal. The knicks think that Cam still has alot of untapped potential the same goes to the 2-3 other teams that were trying to get him. Its now on the coaching staff( Johnny Bryant and Kenny Payne) as well as thibs to help Cam reach his potential. Hopefully the work ethic of the young core brings Reddish to the fold and not alienate him.

+1

Hopefully Thibbs can bring out his full defensive potential. The kid is a legit 6-8 with arms longer than Frank’s. He could be just what we need to get our defense back into the top-5. Plus, he is a decent offensive player who just needs to learn his spots on the floor and what he wants to do on offense. He is better than Knox on offense (better handle) and defense. Solid trade for the Knicks.

After doing a little more digging, I noticed cam hasn’t played a full season in his first 2 years. I’m hoping that’s not all due to injuries. He definitely missed some games this year with a non surgical Achilles injury and had knee problems before that. But when he played, he got more minutes than knox except for knox first year in 2018. I now see why both teams like this trade. Based on stats alone, it’s clear that knox offensive production dropped as his mins dropped. But when u zoom in on the games he was hot, he appears to have the same offensive potential, which is what atl is banking on. And knox doesn’t have the same history of injuries. He’s been relatively healthy.

But the eye test see exactly what u guys are talking about. Cam looks like a more natural 3 level scorer and knox is a catch and shoot scorer, with a slower release and doesn’t look as natural going to the rim as cam. But I agree with your assessment on cams handles and offensive moves look more natural, without a doubt. Add in his defensive instincts and this is a great addition. Let’s hope his injury bug is behind him. Sometimes when u are not in a situation u would like, injury’s occur. He’s now out of atl which is what he wanted and playing under the broadway lights where his game actually fits. I’m hoping hanging with RJ, and this coaching staff can build up some lower body strength and stay relatively healthy. I’ve had an Achilles injury on both calves and that’s a career ending injury if you don’t put in the work. But a non surgical procedure takes longer to recover than surgery. So we gotta be patient with him this year. I’m confident that cam is in the right situation now. And a second chance is something he needs.

blkexec
1/14/2022  7:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/14/2022  7:11 AM
Rookie wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Rookie wrote:
blkexec wrote:
martin wrote:

My only point is this - why have such a strong negative opinion about a player you say you’ve never seen play an nba game. Sorry for calling you lazy, we can definitely agree about watching teams other then the Knicks and I find Trae’s style of play unwatchable. If anything, this back and forth made me dig a little deeper into Reddish myself. I think he’s going to be fine under our coaching staff and I like the trade. Knox was gone for nothing at the end of the year anyway. The better comparison for Reddish might be Jalen Johnson who was available when we traded our pick for this Carlotta pick. Let’s see how these young fellas turn out.

If u are hung up on the bold, then this all makes since. I was talking about watching a full Atlanta game and probably mis spoke about not watching any nba games of cam. As you said I can’t watch that style for a full game. And had no interest in the team. But I’ve watched cam play because I was comparing him to RJ draft and wondering if we should’ve drafted cam. I also watch him play this year which is why I picked him up on my fantasy team. So I watched him play enough. I like duke players and always wondered why they usually don’t pan out in the nba. Grant hill was the only one for a long time.

This is a discussion we are having in words which can always be mis leading. Be careful when taking a sentence out and expanding it. If we had a face to face discussion this would take about 5 mins lol. We both agree on his potential. And I’m probably one of the top optimistic fans in this forum. But I’m also real and his injuries so far is the only concern for me. But I’m not too worried cause he’s very young still. And throw out that notion of a slow motor. His motor is faster than knox and doesn’t appear to be a concern to me.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/14/2022  7:29 AM
Woj: Cam Reddish to KNICKS, Knox out

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy