Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/13/2022  6:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2022  6:17 PM
blkexec wrote:
Rookie wrote:
blkexec wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Knox has had breakout games as well— showing many different skills. Hopefully both players increase play/skills w new teams. Right now I don’t view it as slam dunk — I thought cam reddish honestly kind of sucked. So did Knox—so we’ll see I guess

I think both players are very similar, but I might change my mind after looking at some film of Cam. But my initial thoughts are similar to yours. If you think Knox sucks, then you may have the same feelings about Cam. I'm hoping Cam is a slightly better defender. He's definetly has more physical tools as a defender compared to knox. Cam is taller and longer.

Blkexec, what are you basing all of your opinions about Reddish on? You seem to come off like you’ve been following his career since high school. A long athletic wing with huge upside is what I’ve been hoping for and then boom, we trade for one, a former teammate of RJ’s to boot, and you crap all over his potential. Can you share why you are so down on Reddish?

Just college and fantasy basketball. I haven’t watched him and his recent growth. But low motor players is always a high risk especially under thibs. Knox is also a long athletic wing with huge upside. On paper they are very similar.

But I watched a few vids since my last post and it appears this is a low risk move for the Knicks. We get a 2 yr audition and if we don’t like him we trade him or let him walk. It’s a win win for us. All players look great on other teams until we see them up close. I’m just hoping we got cam at the right time. He’s also coming off an Achilles injury and recently sat at due to an ankle injury. So I’m not down on him. I’m just setting realistic expectations. And right now he’s on the same level as knox but has more upside. Let’s see if that upside comes to fruition under these broadway lights.

Ok, fair enough. Keeping expectations low is a Knicks fans survival skill Reddish has the prototypical body, athleticism and skill set for a wing. I have a good feeling about this move. And there is no rush to get him big minutes. We can develop him right.

AUTOADVERT
TheGame
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1154
USA
1/13/2022  6:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2022  6:52 PM
The bottomline is Reddish is already twice the defensive player that Knox will ever be and the Knicks needed a long 6-8 SF to guard bigger SFs like Jayson Tatum and Paul George. The Knicks are taking a chance on his offense but this deal was made to give us a potential defensive stopper to pair with RJ and Grimes at the wings.
Trust the Process
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/13/2022  7:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2022  7:12 PM
Been listening to sports talk radio in Atlanta most of the week but especially today after the trade. They are implying that something is going on in the locker room with the Hawks. Last year, Collins all but called out Trae for monopolizing the ball and stagnating the offense. Before things got really bad, Peirce was fired and Nate replaced him. The Ws piled up and everything was all good. About a week ago, Collins is at it again, calling for more touches and wants to be more than a player who hangs out on the perimeter while Trae does his thing or hangs in the dunker spot waiting for lobs. Collins was on the way out until their improbable run in the playoffs. There are some murmurs of regret for signing Collins and won't be surprised if the Hawks begin quietly shopping him in the near future. Not just because of his play, but the Hawks are committed to building around Trae.

Looking at Cams numbers with Trae off the court, I think some players (Collins. Cam) like Trae but dont like his style of play. The GM was on a week ago and basically called out the team for not even trying to defend. Cam was one of the worse defenders so its not surprising that he was delt, but as I mentioned earlier, I do wonder what his relationship was with Trae and Nate and if that was a factor. Cam was one of a handful of players that wanted Peirce fired.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/13/2022  7:21 PM
Uptown wrote:Been listening to sports talk radio in Atlanta most of the week but especially today after the trade. They are implying that something is going on in the locker room with the Hawks. Last year, Collins all but called out Trae for monopolizing the ball and stagnating the offense. Before things got really bad, Peirce was fired and Nate replaced him. The Ws piled up and everything was all good. About a week ago, Collins is at it again, calling for more touches and wants to be more than a player who hangs out on the perimeter while Trae does his thing or hangs in the dunker spot waiting for lobs. Collins was on the way out until their improbable run in the playoffs. There are some murmurs of regret for signing Collins and won't be surprised if the Hawks begin quietly shopping him in the near future. Not just because of his play, but the Hawks are committed to building around Trae.

Looking at Cams numbers with Trae off the court, I think some players (Collins. Cam) like Trae but dont like his style of play. The GM was on a week ago and basically called out the team for not even trying to defend. Cam was one of the worse defenders so its not surprising that he was delt, but as I mentioned earlier, I do wonder what his relationship was with Trae and Nate and if that was a factor. Cam was one of a handful of players that wanted Peirce fired.

I hate his style and him as a player. I dont want to see someone who plays like that succeed. it sucks. Iverson played like that in an era where little guys were mauled for taking it inside, and year after year AI had rubber sleaves holding his body together.

It silly I dislike him so much.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
Member: #582
1/13/2022  7:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2022  7:28 PM
Uptown wrote:Been listening to sports talk radio in Atlanta most of the week but especially today after the trade. They are implying that something is going on in the locker room with the Hawks. Last year, Collins all but called out Trae for monopolizing the ball and stagnating the offense. Before things got really bad, Peirce was fired and Nate replaced him. The Ws piled up and everything was all good. About a week ago, Collins is at it again, calling for more touches and wants to be more than a player who hangs out on the perimeter while Trae does his thing or hangs in the dunker spot waiting for lobs. Collins was on the way out until their improbable run in the playoffs. There are some murmurs of regret for signing Collins and won't be surprised if the Hawks begin quietly shopping him in the near future. Not just because of his play, but the Hawks are committed to building around Trae.

i was just thinking to myself is ATL waiving the white flag, or is this dude not that good.

I was reading another Article about Gallo being up for grabs as well, in fact he tweeted himself about wanting to finish the yr in ATL

Danilo Gallinari on trade rumors: “I’d like to stay until the end of the season also because changing in-season is never easy, for many reasons. But anything can happen “.

Fans think we're struggling and ATL went to the ECF 7 months ago, brought back the same team, extended a interim coach and are 5 games under 500 mid way through the very next season

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/13/2022  7:27 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

i was just thinking to myself is ATL waiving the white flag, or is this dude not that good.

I was reading another Article about Gallo being up for grabs as well, in fact he tweeted himself about wanting to finish the yr in ATL

Danilo Gallinari on trade rumors: “I’d like to stay until the end of the season also because changing in-season is never easy, for many reasons. But anything can happen “.
careful!
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
blkexec
Member: #748
1/13/2022  7:32 PM
Rookie wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
blkexec wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Uptown wrote:I reside in the A and have seen Cam quite a bit, except this year since I cut the cord. Cam is very talented, in fact there was some debate that he was just as skilled as RJ or at least had a bigger upside. The knock on Cam coming out of Duke was that he has a low motor which is a red flag. I definitely saw the low energy and what appeared dot be disinterest from him at times, but I can say that his intensity picked up once Nate took over as the coach.

Cam's a very good shooter but he's streaky. He can put the ball on the floor and get to the paint, but I thought he settles for 3's way too much. The talent and skill is there for him to be a very good player. He has great size and a shooters touch. I am excited to see if he can untap his full potential here.

Cam will be the new punching bag for most knick fans. Low motor players usually don’t change. Tmac was considered low motor. Some guys are just smooth. But from what I said about cam, u can say the same about knox. Cam will get the same treatment as knox. Give it time

I'm not buying what you're selling here regarding Cam as the new punching bag. Go back and watch the playoffs last year when Cam returned against the Bucks. His per 36 was pretty damn good. Very good performance, good intensity, good defense and hardly a low motor. Just my opinion but perhaps his effort issues stem from immaturity / motivation. He performs much better when Trae is not on the court, so maybe there is a personality conflict. He was drafted at 19 and is only 22.....not every player comes out of the womb as mature as RJ. Cam also seems to have self corrected with Nate and he's performing much more consistently the past group of games. Cam is explosive athletically and I actually think that's what NY fans are longing for and one of the reasons they love Obi.

Knox always struck me as a super laid back type / borderline space cadet which fans read as lack of intensity & motor. Ultimately it may serve him very well in the right situation.

Believe me I hope your right. Now that Cam's a knick, I will root for him. But my punching bag comment was not something I would do, or you from what I'm hearing. But knick fans always need 1 puching bag player and as soon as Cam miss a defensive assignment or Thibs burrys him on the bench for long stretches, the negative threads on Cam will surface.

Again, I hope I'm wrong. And I'm guilty becasue I only remember Cam in college. I do not remember him play in the nba last year. I did pickup Cam in my fantasy league, then I dropped him before he was traded. So I saw he put up 30 with 8 threes 1 game. Then zero the next. And I believe knox has a 30pt game in his bag with 8 threes as well. But that doesn't tell me Cam will be more consistent than Knox.

What makes me cautious about Cam is exactly what you said. How he plays better without Trae (20pt averge) vs with Trae (11pt average). He appears to be a player that needs a volumn of shots or a player that allows his defense to dictate his offense. I'm hoping linking Cam with RJ will help both players, and thats the difference. Cam will hang around RJ most of the time, which is great for Cam. And RJ will now become a 1 on 1 mentor, which is always good for a young players development. Hopefully both players can grow together, since there's instint chemistry already. But until we make a trade, don't see Cam getting a lot of playing time, unless he proves he can guard bigger players than RJ or Grimes can guard. Then thibs will find time for him. But Burks or Fournier will have to get traded eventually. Or Cam just has to wait until a Covid / injury comes up.

With the current roster, who's spot will Cam take? Knox was not in the rotation. If Cam is, someone has to step down or get their minutes reduced.

Grimes? I don't think so. Not the way he's been playing.
EF? Doubt it after putting up that 40 and showing some consistency on offense. But if Cam can provide similar production with added defense at SF, thats his way into the rotation.
Burks? Thibs loves this kid, as a starter or off the bench, so nope he won't get impacted.
Kemba? nope he's stuck at PG and he's a starter only.

Will be interesting to see how Thibs handles this addition, eventhough he's known for his tight 9 man rotation.

1. RJ
2. Randle
3. Mitch
4. EF
5. Burks
6. IQ
7. Obi
8. Noel / Taj
9. Rose
10. Kemba

At full strength, there's no minutes for him currently. The FO needs to make a trade, if they see Cam as a rotational player.

I agree that there's a proble finding PT at full strength. However Rose is still out for a while and Kemba will likely be on load mgmt because of his knee. That will mean IQ and Burks slide to PG and potential minutes for Cam. If he proves himself in the near term, then we can worry about who gets the PT later.

Never mind blkexec. From reading this I can see you completely made everything up. You watched a few college games??? Come on man, this is pretty lazy. As far as minutes go, why would Thibs play him more minutes then Obi? You saw and acknowledged how Grimes earned Thibs trust and is rewarded with minutes. Why wouldn’t Reddish have to do the same? Maybe he doesn’t even play until he is ready and needed. Good news, we have about 122 games to evaluate. I think this kid shines under Thibs, Bryant and Payne. I am really ****ing excited about this trade.

Lazy? What are u talking about? U must be talking to the wrong person lol. And what’s ur argument? I think u are confused on my point which is ok, we all make mistakes.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
1/13/2022  7:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2022  7:38 PM
Rookie….u lost me. I’ll give u another chance on what u think I said and I will respond respectfully. In summary what I said was where will thibs find mins for cam when the team is healthy? How is that lazy.

Also I said cam and knox are similar. Both are inconsistent shooters and low motor. Now your turn. U disagree with that no problem. Calling me lazy is confusing.

Btw….I’m also excited to add cam cause of his potential. Yeah I think u confused on who said what. 🤣

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/13/2022  7:50 PM

I gotta guess Cam wants consistent playing time - or at least a legit opportunity - cause his contract is up soon, and he is behind Hueter, Bogi, Hunter and then Atlanta drafts Johnson. Oh, and the coach has been giving minutes to some dude named Timothé Luwawu-Cabarrot.

And Trae is a PnR high usage, high shot player.

John Collins, Gallo gonna get the PF minutes.

I'd make waves too and get the f out of that rotation and team.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
blkexec
1/13/2022  7:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2022  8:18 PM
TheGame wrote:The bottomline is Reddish is already twice the defensive player that Knox will ever be and the Knicks needed a long 6-8 SF to guard bigger SFs like Jayson Tatum and Paul George. The Knicks are taking a chance on his offense but this deal was made to give us a potential defensive stopper to pair with RJ and Grimes at the wings.

I hope your right, as far as his defense.

And just like that, I see cam always been a good defender with natural defensive instincts. That alone is exiting to me. Now I understand your enthusiasm. Welcome cam. I have a soft spot for wing defenders and 3 n D players.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/13/2022  7:57 PM
It's official

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
blkexec
1/13/2022  8:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2022  8:09 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nba/hawks/.amp/news/2019-20-player-review-cam-reddish

So this didn’t take long to find some footage of cam and how he was one of the bottom 5 nba players in the league his rookie year. Which is why he was traded for knox. Some of us get caught up in trades and are quick to give cam high expectations without evidence. This article supports my low expectations of cam right now but I still see great potential as a 3 and D player. I also believe we got cam at the right time where things are starting to click for him.

This for you rookie. Since my eye test isn’t enough for you. He’s clearly a low risk project. This is not a home room move but a solid trade that may have some long term benefits.

jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/13/2022  8:16 PM
Not one expert has said this trade was bad for the Knicks. Most talk of Cam's improvement in year 3 as a significant sign.
blkexec
1/13/2022  8:19 PM
jaydh wrote:Not one expert has said this trade was bad for the Knicks. Most talk of Cam's improvement in year 3 as a significant sign.

Oh yeah…and I see he has good defensive instincts which is key to break thibs rotation

Rookie

1/13/2022  8:39 PM
blkexec wrote:
Rookie wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
blkexec wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Uptown wrote:I reside in the A and have seen Cam quite a bit, except this year since I cut the cord. Cam is very talented, in fact there was some debate that he was just as skilled as RJ or at least had a bigger upside. The knock on Cam coming out of Duke was that he has a low motor which is a red flag. I definitely saw the low energy and what appeared dot be disinterest from him at times, but I can say that his intensity picked up once Nate took over as the coach.

Cam's a very good shooter but he's streaky. He can put the ball on the floor and get to the paint, but I thought he settles for 3's way too much. The talent and skill is there for him to be a very good player. He has great size and a shooters touch. I am excited to see if he can untap his full potential here.

Cam will be the new punching bag for most knick fans. Low motor players usually don’t change. Tmac was considered low motor. Some guys are just smooth. But from what I said about cam, u can say the same about knox. Cam will get the same treatment as knox. Give it time

I'm not buying what you're selling here regarding Cam as the new punching bag. Go back and watch the playoffs last year when Cam returned against the Bucks. His per 36 was pretty damn good. Very good performance, good intensity, good defense and hardly a low motor. Just my opinion but perhaps his effort issues stem from immaturity / motivation. He performs much better when Trae is not on the court, so maybe there is a personality conflict. He was drafted at 19 and is only 22.....not every player comes out of the womb as mature as RJ. Cam also seems to have self corrected with Nate and he's performing much more consistently the past group of games. Cam is explosive athletically and I actually think that's what NY fans are longing for and one of the reasons they love Obi.

Knox always struck me as a super laid back type / borderline space cadet which fans read as lack of intensity & motor. Ultimately it may serve him very well in the right situation.

Believe me I hope your right. Now that Cam's a knick, I will root for him. But my punching bag comment was not something I would do, or you from what I'm hearing. But knick fans always need 1 puching bag player and as soon as Cam miss a defensive assignment or Thibs burrys him on the bench for long stretches, the negative threads on Cam will surface.

Again, I hope I'm wrong. And I'm guilty becasue I only remember Cam in college. I do not remember him play in the nba last year. I did pickup Cam in my fantasy league, then I dropped him before he was traded. So I saw he put up 30 with 8 threes 1 game. Then zero the next. And I believe knox has a 30pt game in his bag with 8 threes as well. But that doesn't tell me Cam will be more consistent than Knox.

What makes me cautious about Cam is exactly what you said. How he plays better without Trae (20pt averge) vs with Trae (11pt average). He appears to be a player that needs a volumn of shots or a player that allows his defense to dictate his offense. I'm hoping linking Cam with RJ will help both players, and thats the difference. Cam will hang around RJ most of the time, which is great for Cam. And RJ will now become a 1 on 1 mentor, which is always good for a young players development. Hopefully both players can grow together, since there's instint chemistry already. But until we make a trade, don't see Cam getting a lot of playing time, unless he proves he can guard bigger players than RJ or Grimes can guard. Then thibs will find time for him. But Burks or Fournier will have to get traded eventually. Or Cam just has to wait until a Covid / injury comes up.

With the current roster, who's spot will Cam take? Knox was not in the rotation. If Cam is, someone has to step down or get their minutes reduced.

Grimes? I don't think so. Not the way he's been playing.
EF? Doubt it after putting up that 40 and showing some consistency on offense. But if Cam can provide similar production with added defense at SF, thats his way into the rotation.
Burks? Thibs loves this kid, as a starter or off the bench, so nope he won't get impacted.
Kemba? nope he's stuck at PG and he's a starter only.

Will be interesting to see how Thibs handles this addition, eventhough he's known for his tight 9 man rotation.

1. RJ
2. Randle
3. Mitch
4. EF
5. Burks
6. IQ
7. Obi
8. Noel / Taj
9. Rose
10. Kemba

At full strength, there's no minutes for him currently. The FO needs to make a trade, if they see Cam as a rotational player.

I agree that there's a proble finding PT at full strength. However Rose is still out for a while and Kemba will likely be on load mgmt because of his knee. That will mean IQ and Burks slide to PG and potential minutes for Cam. If he proves himself in the near term, then we can worry about who gets the PT later.

Never mind blkexec. From reading this I can see you completely made everything up. You watched a few college games??? Come on man, this is pretty lazy. As far as minutes go, why would Thibs play him more minutes then Obi? You saw and acknowledged how Grimes earned Thibs trust and is rewarded with minutes. Why wouldn’t Reddish have to do the same? Maybe he doesn’t even play until he is ready and needed. Good news, we have about 122 games to evaluate. I think this kid shines under Thibs, Bryant and Payne. I am really ****ing excited about this trade.

Lazy? What are u talking about? U must be talking to the wrong person lol. And what’s ur argument? I think u are confused on my point which is ok, we all make mistakes.

You say in your post that you don’t even remember seeing him play in the nba. I really don’t get your negativity about Reddish especially since you don’t remember seeing him play in the nba. He needs to be developed and I think we have the staff to do it. That is my only issue with your post and why I said you were being lazy

Rookie

1/13/2022  8:45 PM
blkexec wrote:Rookie….u lost me. I’ll give u another chance on what u think I said and I will respond respectfully. In summary what I said was where will thibs find mins for cam when the team is healthy? How is that lazy.

Also I said cam and knox are similar. Both are inconsistent shooters and low motor. Now your turn. U disagree with that no problem. Calling me lazy is confusing.

Btw….I’m also excited to add cam cause of his potential. Yeah I think u confused on who said what. 🤣

Where are you getting your information about Reddish? It’s not like you’ve watched him play. I’m familiar with Knox since we drafted him and his first summer league game, hot start to his first season and then loss of confidence.I get your take on Knox because I believe you have done the same, but comparing Reddish to Knox is just lazy if you are not familiar with Reddish except maybe his numbers look similar.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/13/2022  8:50 PM
martin wrote:This is an insane good trade for the Knicks IMHO

Finally a real sized SF.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Chandler
Member: #6197

1/13/2022  8:52 PM
fishmike wrote:

I hate his style and him as a player. I dont want to see someone who plays like that succeed. it sucks. Iverson played like that in an era where little guys were mauled for taking it inside, and year after year AI had rubber sleaves holding his body together.

It silly I dislike him so much.

I’m in the same camp. Guys want to touch the ball. Hope hawk implode and he goes prematurely bald to boot

(5)(5)
Chandler
Member: #6197

1/13/2022  8:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2022  8:55 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

careful!

That was pretty effing funny 😆

(5)(5)
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/13/2022  8:55 PM
ESOMKnicks wrote:Useless trade. SG/SF is the one position where the Knicks have a lot of options: RJ, Fournier, Grimes, IQ will also get minutes at SG. At least we did not give up a lot, but hard to see where Cam fits into the rotation, whereas Knox just sat at the end of the bench. Probably the real reason was to make RJ happy ahead of re-signing him and give Knox a fresh start ahead of his contract year.

I disagree the Knicks are loaded at SG but don't have a true SF on the roster. The team has been undersized at the 3 all year

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Woj: Cam Reddish to KNICKS, Knox out

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy