[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Woj: Cam Reddish to KNICKS, Knox out
Author Thread
SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
1/13/2022  3:58 PM
ramtour420 wrote:I hope we develop him into a starter. To move RJ back to SG would be huge. I also really liked Solomon Hill. He was a major pain in the butt during that Pacer vs. Melo series. I thought we were supposed to always get the short end of the stick in trades lol.

Hill has Ntilikina stats but he's a goon. Remember he was the one who bumped into Noel at halftime of one of the playoff games and had the altercation. I like to have those type of players on the bench.

AUTOADVERT
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
1/13/2022  3:58 PM
While we have many holes to plug - next priority should really be PG as I believe a good PG would make Mitch a good enough center to keep. Why go for Myles Turner who is looking for a bigger role/spotlight (eg shots) if we are keeping Randle, RJ, etc... Mitch can do his job well and fits alongside Randle - but he does need a pass first PG as he is unable to create his own shot. Here are a few PG that may be available before the trade deadline.

Haliburton (IMO the perfect fit if we are continuing to build around Randle)
Brunson (seems like a very good fit but unsure of the cost)
Fox (super fast but can he shoot well enough to play slower w/Randle?)
A. Simmmons (seems dynamic but not sure he's a pass first PG)
Killian Hayes (don't think he shoots well enough to be a good fit w/Randle)
C Levert (not a fan but he's talented)
Horton-Tucker (unsure about him but LA is looking to dump/trade players now)
D.Graham (can shoot outside and lower cost)
D.Murray (terrific - too costly to trade for?)

I think Haliburton or Brunson would allow us to keep working around Randle and keep Mitch (no upgrade needed)- as both are not ball dominant, can shoot outside and defend.

Chandler
Member: #6197

1/13/2022  4:07 PM
Clean wrote:The best thing about this is we basically got Cam and Rokus for free. We got who we wanted from the draft anyway and by trading back we got A 1st and 2nd that turned into Cam and Rokus. Wonderful job by the front office.

if you go back and look at that draft, leon pulled off the infamous Iron Lotus (of Blades of Glory fame)

(5)(5)
blkexec
Member: #748
1/13/2022  4:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2022  4:40 PM
Clean wrote:The best thing about this is we basically got Cam and Rokus for free. We got who we wanted from the draft anyway and by trading back we got A 1st and 2nd that turned into Cam and Rokus. Wonderful job by the front office.

Getting the short end of the stick is a thing of the past. It’s time to give Rose and this FO their props. No more bad management to blame. No more bad coaching to blame. Even though I always hated thibs offensive system, at least he allows his players to play free if they play defense.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
foosballnick
Member: #3148

1/13/2022  4:49 PM
blkexec wrote:
Uptown wrote:I reside in the A and have seen Cam quite a bit, except this year since I cut the cord. Cam is very talented, in fact there was some debate that he was just as skilled as RJ or at least had a bigger upside. The knock on Cam coming out of Duke was that he has a low motor which is a red flag. I definitely saw the low energy and what appeared dot be disinterest from him at times, but I can say that his intensity picked up once Nate took over as the coach.

Cam's a very good shooter but he's streaky. He can put the ball on the floor and get to the paint, but I thought he settles for 3's way too much. The talent and skill is there for him to be a very good player. He has great size and a shooters touch. I am excited to see if he can untap his full potential here.

Cam will be the new punching bag for most knick fans. Low motor players usually don’t change. Tmac was considered low motor. Some guys are just smooth. But from what I said about cam, u can say the same about knox. Cam will get the same treatment as knox. Give it time

I'm not buying what you're selling here regarding Cam as the new punching bag. Go back and watch the playoffs last year when Cam returned against the Bucks. His per 36 was pretty damn good. Very good performance, good intensity, good defense and hardly a low motor. Just my opinion but perhaps his effort issues stem from immaturity / motivation. He performs much better when Trae is not on the court, so maybe there is a personality conflict. He was drafted at 19 and is only 22.....not every player comes out of the womb as mature as RJ. Cam also seems to have self corrected with Nate and he's performing much more consistently the past group of games. Cam is explosive athletically and I actually think that's what NY fans are longing for and one of the reasons they love Obi.

Knox always struck me as a super laid back type / borderline space cadet which fans read as lack of intensity & motor. Ultimately it may serve him very well in the right situation.

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
1/13/2022  4:53 PM
I am whelmed by this trade.
blkexec
1/13/2022  5:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2022  5:19 PM
foosballnick wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Uptown wrote:I reside in the A and have seen Cam quite a bit, except this year since I cut the cord. Cam is very talented, in fact there was some debate that he was just as skilled as RJ or at least had a bigger upside. The knock on Cam coming out of Duke was that he has a low motor which is a red flag. I definitely saw the low energy and what appeared dot be disinterest from him at times, but I can say that his intensity picked up once Nate took over as the coach.

Cam's a very good shooter but he's streaky. He can put the ball on the floor and get to the paint, but I thought he settles for 3's way too much. The talent and skill is there for him to be a very good player. He has great size and a shooters touch. I am excited to see if he can untap his full potential here.

Cam will be the new punching bag for most knick fans. Low motor players usually don’t change. Tmac was considered low motor. Some guys are just smooth. But from what I said about cam, u can say the same about knox. Cam will get the same treatment as knox. Give it time

I'm not buying what you're selling here regarding Cam as the new punching bag. Go back and watch the playoffs last year when Cam returned against the Bucks. His per 36 was pretty damn good. Very good performance, good intensity, good defense and hardly a low motor. Just my opinion but perhaps his effort issues stem from immaturity / motivation. He performs much better when Trae is not on the court, so maybe there is a personality conflict. He was drafted at 19 and is only 22.....not every player comes out of the womb as mature as RJ. Cam also seems to have self corrected with Nate and he's performing much more consistently the past group of games. Cam is explosive athletically and I actually think that's what NY fans are longing for and one of the reasons they love Obi.

Knox always struck me as a super laid back type / borderline space cadet which fans read as lack of intensity & motor. Ultimately it may serve him very well in the right situation.

Believe me I hope your right. Now that Cam's a knick, I will root for him. But my punching bag comment was not something I would do, or you from what I'm hearing. But knick fans always need 1 puching bag player and as soon as Cam miss a defensive assignment or Thibs burrys him on the bench for long stretches, the negative threads on Cam will surface.

Again, I hope I'm wrong. And I'm guilty becasue I only remember Cam in college. I do not remember him play in the nba last year. I did pickup Cam in my fantasy league, then I dropped him before he was traded. So I saw he put up 30 with 8 threes 1 game. Then zero the next. And I believe knox has a 30pt game in his bag with 8 threes as well. But that doesn't tell me Cam will be more consistent than Knox.

What makes me cautious about Cam is exactly what you said. How he plays better without Trae (20pt averge) vs with Trae (11pt average). He appears to be a player that needs a volumn of shots or a player that allows his defense to dictate his offense. I'm hoping linking Cam with RJ will help both players, and thats the difference. Cam will hang around RJ most of the time, which is great for Cam. And RJ will now become a 1 on 1 mentor, which is always good for a young players development. Hopefully both players can grow together, since there's instint chemistry already. But until we make a trade, don't see Cam getting a lot of playing time, unless he proves he can guard bigger players than RJ or Grimes can guard. Then thibs will find time for him. But Burks or Fournier will have to get traded eventually. Or Cam just has to wait until a Covid / injury comes up.

With the current roster, who's spot will Cam take? Knox was not in the rotation. If Cam is, someone has to step down or get their minutes reduced.

Grimes? I don't think so. Not the way he's been playing.
EF? Doubt it after putting up that 40 and showing some consistency on offense. But if Cam can provide similar production with added defense at SF, thats his way into the rotation.
Burks? Thibs loves this kid, as a starter or off the bench, so nope he won't get impacted.
Kemba? nope he's stuck at PG and he's a starter only.

Will be interesting to see how Thibs handles this addition, eventhough he's known for his tight 9 man rotation.

1. RJ
2. Randle
3. Mitch
4. EF
5. Burks
6. IQ
7. Obi
8. Noel / Taj
9. Rose
10. Kemba

At full strength, there's no minutes for him currently. The FO needs to make a trade, if they see Cam as a rotational player.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/13/2022  5:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2022  5:20 PM

Knox has had breakout games as well— showing many different skills. Hopefully both players increase play/skills w new teams. Right now I don’t view it as slam dunk — I thought cam reddish honestly kind of sucked. So did Knox—so we’ll see I guess. We lose a 1 and we also may lose Grimes out of the rotation. And Grimes may be better than reddish—idk

RIP Crushalot😞
tomlin8
Member: #8916

1/13/2022  5:20 PM
nycdan wrote:What is not to like about Obi? He's been playing better this season and seems to produce well for the minutes he sees. Is this just a case of not being Julius or is there a defect in his game?

outside shooting sucks

blkexec
1/13/2022  5:21 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Knox has had breakout games as well— showing many different skills. Hopefully both players increase play/skills w new teams. Right now I don’t view it as slam dunk — I thought cam reddish honestly kind of sucked. So did Knox—so we’ll see I guess

I think both players are very similar, but I might change my mind after looking at some film of Cam. But my initial thoughts are similar to yours. If you think Knox sucks, then you may have the same feelings about Cam. I'm hoping Cam is a slightly better defender. He's definetly has more physical tools as a defender compared to knox. Cam is taller and longer.

foosballnick
Member: #3148

1/13/2022  5:23 PM
blkexec wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Believe me I hope your right. Now that Cam's a knick, I will root for him. But my punching bag comment was not something I would do, or you from what I'm hearing. But knick fans always need 1 puching bag player and as soon as Cam miss a defensive assignment or Thibs burrys him on the bench for long stretches, the negative threads on Cam will surface.

Again, I hope I'm wrong. And I'm guilty becasue I only remember Cam in college. I do not remember him play in the nba last year. I did pickup Cam in my fantasy league, then I dropped him before he was traded. So I saw he put up 30 with 8 threes 1 game. Then zero the next. And I believe knox has a 30pt game in his bag with 8 threes as well. But that doesn't tell me Cam will be more consistent than Knox.

What makes me cautious about Cam is exactly what you said. How he plays better without Trae (20pt averge) vs with Trae (11pt average). He appears to be a player that needs a volumn of shots or a player that allows his defense to dictate his offense. I'm hoping linking Cam with RJ will help both players, and thats the difference. Cam will hang around RJ most of the time, which is great for Cam. And RJ will now become a 1 on 1 mentor, which is always good for a young players development. Hopefully both players can grow together, since there's instint chemistry already. But until we make a trade, don't see Cam getting a lot of playing time, unless he proves he can guard bigger players than RJ or Grimes can guard. Then thibs will find time for him. But Burks or Fournier will have to get traded eventually. Or Cam just has to wait until a Covid / injury comes up.

With the current roster, who's spot will Cam take? Knox was not in the rotation. If Cam is, someone has to step down or get their minutes reduced.

EF? Doubt it after putting up that 40 and showing some consistency on offense. But if Cam can provide similar production with added defense at SF, thats his way into the rotation.
Burks? Thibs loves this kid, as a starter or off the bench, so nope he won't get impacted.

Will be interesting to see how Thibs handles this addition, eventhough he's known for his tight 9 man rotation.

1. RJ
2. Randle
3. Mitch
4. EF
5. Burks
6. IQ
7. Obi
8. Noel / Taj
9. Rose
10. Kemba

At full strength, there's no minutes for him currently. The FO needs to make a trade, if they see Cam as a rotational player.

I agree that there's a proble finding PT at full strength. However Rose is still out for a while and Kemba will likely be on load mgmt because of his knee. That will mean IQ and Burks slide to PG and potential minutes for Cam. If he proves himself in the near term, then we can worry about who gets the PT later.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/13/2022  5:29 PM
blkexec wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Knox has had breakout games as well— showing many different skills. Hopefully both players increase play/skills w new teams. Right now I don’t view it as slam dunk — I thought cam reddish honestly kind of sucked. So did Knox—so we’ll see I guess

I think both players are very similar, but I might change my mind after looking at some film of Cam. But my initial thoughts are similar to yours. If you think Knox sucks, then you may have the same feelings about Cam. I'm hoping Cam is a slightly better defender. He's definetly has more physical tools as a defender compared to knox. Cam is taller and longer.

Blkexec, what are you basing all of your opinions about Reddish on? You seem to come off like you’ve been following his career since high school. A long athletic wing with huge upside is what I’ve been hoping for and then boom, we trade for one, a former teammate of RJ’s to boot, and you crap all over his potential. Can you share why you are so down on Reddish?

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/13/2022  5:43 PM
foosballnick wrote:
blkexec wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
blkexec wrote:

1. RJ
2. Randle
3. Mitch
4. EF
5. Burks
6. IQ
7. Obi
8. Noel / Taj
9. Rose
10. Kemba

I agree that there's a proble finding PT at full strength. However Rose is still out for a while and Kemba will likely be on load mgmt because of his knee. That will mean IQ and Burks slide to PG and potential minutes for Cam. If he proves himself in the near term, then we can worry about who gets the PT later.

Never mind blkexec. From reading this I can see you completely made everything up. You watched a few college games??? Come on man, this is pretty lazy. As far as minutes go, why would Thibs play him more minutes then Obi? You saw and acknowledged how Grimes earned Thibs trust and is rewarded with minutes. Why wouldn’t Reddish have to do the same? Maybe he doesn’t even play until he is ready and needed. Good news, we have about 122 games to evaluate. I think this kid shines under Thibs, Bryant and Payne. I am really ****ing excited about this trade.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/13/2022  5:53 PM
Chandler wrote:

if you go back and look at that draft, leon pulled off the infamous Iron Lotus (of Blades of Glory fame)

He will not be playing for the Knicks this year. Nor do I think ever.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Swishfm3
Member: #392
1/13/2022  5:58 PM
The Race to see which underachieving former lottery pick performs well as begun
Kemet
Member: #6148

1/13/2022  5:59 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Is cam reddish much better than knox?

Both lower lottery picks both same size both stats close

It’s a wait and see. I’d rather of held out the 1 for a pg

The best question asked in the THREAD !!!
Myself, I never liked any Duke products they all have inconsistent NBA career, or have Grant Hill injury-prone careers. Plus Hawks have the Duke player that quit on Duke during Covid, the SF player the Knicks pose to have drafted at 19 in the offseason (Jalen Johnson) has skills/talents and a very high b.ball IQ much better than Cam & Knox.
The only Priority player the Knicks should be looking to trade for are Philly's Ben Simmons leadership to team up with D.Rose leadership !!!

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/13/2022  6:00 PM
Uptown wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Watch a lot of the NBA. Agree with this. May be One person's junk for another's perceived treasure. Especially with fans. They are both 22. Both have struggled. And both have potential. Hopefully a change of scenery for both will do some good. Do not see this as a "fleecing" though considering we gave up a first round pick to swap the two and received a second in return. How the trade is judged, will depend on Cam coming in and considerably outperforms Knox's stint here. Which may not be very hard. That and on what the Hawks get with that 1at round pick. However, I do think and hope that the familiarity Cam has with RJ will help him turn the corner. If anything, Knox needed to be dealt to avoid getting nothing in return for him.

Thats a big part of this trade. Instead of losing our former 9th pick for nothing, they got a better version of Knox in a former 10th pick in the draft with a chance to get a close look at for 2 more years on a decent salary. Like I said earlier, he plays in spurts on both sides of the ball and whenever a player is labeled as having a low motor, that is a major red-flag for me. He did appear to show more intensity under coach Nate, but again, it was consistent. Like you said, hopefully a change of scenery will help him. Hopefully, playing in Thibs system will help him realize his potential because he is very skilled and has great size on the wing, something we desperately need.

Or NOT playing in a Thibs system. Thibs will not tolerate low motors. Reason why KK never got much run.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/13/2022  6:05 PM
jskinny35 wrote:While we have many holes to plug - next priority should really be PG as I believe a good PG would make Mitch a good enough center to keep. Why go for Myles Turner who is looking for a bigger role/spotlight (eg shots) if we are keeping Randle, RJ, etc... Mitch can do his job well and fits alongside Randle - but he does need a pass first PG as he is unable to create his own shot. Here are a few PG that may be available before the trade deadline.

Haliburton (IMO the perfect fit if we are continuing to build around Randle)
Brunson (seems like a very good fit but unsure of the cost)
Fox (super fast but can he shoot well enough to play slower w/Randle?)
A. Simmmons (seems dynamic but not sure he's a pass first PG)
Killian Hayes (don't think he shoots well enough to be a good fit w/Randle)
C Levert (not a fan but he's talented)
Horton-Tucker (unsure about him but LA is looking to dump/trade players now)
D.Graham (can shoot outside and lower cost)
D.Murray (terrific - too costly to trade for?)

I think Haliburton or Brunson would allow us to keep working around Randle and keep Mitch (no upgrade needed)- as both are not ball dominant, can shoot outside and defend.

Brunson might be the guy , given his relationship with the front office and leverage as an upcoming free agent. But I see a move more likely in the offseason. I see something like Kemba and either Burks or Noel for Brunson with his new contract.

blkexec
1/13/2022  6:07 PM
Rookie wrote:
blkexec wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Blkexec, what are you basing all of your opinions about Reddish on? You seem to come off like you’ve been following his career since high school. A long athletic wing with huge upside is what I’ve been hoping for and then boom, we trade for one, a former teammate of RJ’s to boot, and you crap all over his potential. Can you share why you are so down on Reddish?

Just college and fantasy basketball. I haven’t watched him and his recent growth. But low motor players is always a high risk especially under thibs. Knox is also a long athletic wing with huge upside. On paper they are very similar.

But I watched a few vids since my last post and it appears this is a low risk move for the Knicks. We get a 2 yr audition and if we don’t like him we trade him or let him walk. It’s a win win for us. All players look great on other teams until we see them up close. I’m just hoping we got cam at the right time. He’s also coming off an Achilles injury and recently sat at due to an ankle injury. So I’m not down on him. I’m just setting realistic expectations. And right now he’s on the same level as knox but has more upside. Let’s see if that upside comes to fruition under these broadway lights.

Kemet
Member: #6148

1/13/2022  6:08 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

Knox has had breakout games as well— showing many different skills. Hopefully both players increase play/skills w new teams. Right now I don’t view it as slam dunk — I thought cam reddish honestly kind of sucked. So did Knox—so we’ll see I guess. We lose a 1 and we also may lose Grimes out of the rotation. And Grimes may be better than reddish—idk

Head coach McMillian vs all the Knicks selective head-coaches ???
Will Knox help the Hawks get out of the basement?

Woj: Cam Reddish to KNICKS, Knox out

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy