[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Woj: Cam Reddish to KNICKS, Knox out
Author Thread
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
1/13/2022  2:41 PM
Uptown wrote:I reside in the A and have seen Cam quite a bit, except this year since I cut the cord. Cam is very talented, in fact there was some debate that he was just as skilled as RJ or at least had a bigger upside. The knock on Cam coming out of Duke was that he has a low motor which is a red flag. I definitely saw the low energy and what appeared dot be disinterest from him at times, but I can say that his intensity picked up once Nate took over as the coach.

Cam's a very good shooter but he's streaky. He can put the ball on the floor and get to the paint, but I thought he settles for 3's way too much. The talent and skill is there for him to be a very good player. He has great size and a shooters touch. I am excited to see if he can untap his full potential here.

Cam will be the new punching bag for most knick fans. Low motor players usually don’t change. Tmac was considered low motor. Some guys are just smooth. But from what I said about cam, u can say the same about knox. Cam will get the same treatment as knox. Give it time

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
AUTOADVERT
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/13/2022  2:44 PM
martin wrote:WTF, this is a steal for the Knicks

Holy crap! I hope this is true. From Woj! It’s got to be true

jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/13/2022  2:46 PM
love the trade, but without another one, i don't know how the minutes work. I also don't know who I would part with at SG/SF except EF.
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
1/13/2022  2:52 PM
blkexec wrote:
Uptown wrote:I reside in the A and have seen Cam quite a bit, except this year since I cut the cord. Cam is very talented, in fact there was some debate that he was just as skilled as RJ or at least had a bigger upside. The knock on Cam coming out of Duke was that he has a low motor which is a red flag. I definitely saw the low energy and what appeared dot be disinterest from him at times, but I can say that his intensity picked up once Nate took over as the coach.

Cam's a very good shooter but he's streaky. He can put the ball on the floor and get to the paint, but I thought he settles for 3's way too much. The talent and skill is there for him to be a very good player. He has great size and a shooters touch. I am excited to see if he can untap his full potential here.

Cam will be the new punching bag for most knick fans. Low motor players usually don’t change. Tmac was considered low motor. Some guys are just smooth. But from what I said about cam, u can say the same about knox. Cam will get the same treatment as knox. Give it time

I hear you - I always thought he played with a low motor, was slow moving and settled for pull ups too much. Positives are he tries more on defense and maybe he is more of a smooth/quiet intense type player (like a TMac) that will positively respond to Thibs's intensity. I couldn't get behind Knox so fingers crossed Reddish at least plays harder!

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
1/13/2022  3:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2022  3:08 PM
I have said in a few posts that the Knicks needed a 6-8/6-9 3&D player because RJ was too small to competently guard bigger small forwards. Reddish is 6-8, with a 7-1 wingspan. He is only 22 and is shooting 38% from 3 this year. He is about as close to a perfect fit for what the team needed at SF as we could hope for in a low risk trade. Hopefully Thibbs can get Reddish playing D at a high level. He can take over the tough defensive assignments and allow RJ to play more at SG.
Trust the Process
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/13/2022  3:11 PM
Hawks fans losing their minds... (always a good sign)

Here's some gold:

Life just isn’t fair sometimes. And i recently ordered 2 cam reddish jerseys from hawkshop. Of course this **** happens to me.

I don’t know what to say, but this is such a big L for Travis. We trade cam reddish and solo for a ****ing Fortnite player.

It just had to be the ****ing Knicks...

I figured we were trading Cam. I didn’t figure around give him away…

Did the Knicks blackmail him or something because that's the only way how I see this trade be real.

this goes on and on... source: Hawk's reddit

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
blkexec
Member: #748
1/13/2022  3:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2022  3:13 PM
TheGame wrote:I have said in a few posts that the Knicks needed a 6-8/6-9 3&D player because RJ was too small to competently guard bigger small forwards. Reddish is 6-8, with a 7-1 wingspan. He is only 22 and is shooting 38% from 3 this year. He is about as close to a perfect fit for what the team needed at SF as we could hope for in a low risk trade. Hopefully Thibbs can get Reddish playing D at a high level. He can take over the tough defensive assignments and allow RJ to play more at SG.

I agree with you in theory or on paper. But out of the normal rotation thibs has developed, who’s sitting? Grimes is a better defender. I think this is either an initial trade to set up a bigger trade down the road. Or just another example of how the FO can turn a wasted pick in knox into someone with a little more potential and possibly increase the chemistry by pairing with RJ. Is Zion in play now? Are they looking to trade EF? Looks like something else needs to happen or Cam will take the same seat as knox.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/13/2022  3:15 PM
EF is playing much better and I don't want him moved. His hot hand and randle's not settling for 3's and penetrating is opening for RJ big time. The lull of covid hit this team hard.
Sometimes a team about to make a growth stagnates as it struggles to push thru. Maybe knicks are coming together. Rose comes back.
Grimes might have to sit. He is the darling for now but EF is still a better player.
Sambakick
Member: #5646

1/13/2022  3:24 PM
Grimes is 3 or 4 inches shorter than Reddish. I think we got Reddish to defend the taller Wing players while Grimes can guard the best backcourt player on the opposing team.
Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/13/2022  3:30 PM
fishmike wrote:Hawks fans losing their minds... (always a good sign)

Here's some gold:

Life just isn’t fair sometimes. And i recently ordered 2 cam reddish jerseys from hawkshop. Of course this **** happens to me.

I don’t know what to say, but this is such a big L for Travis. We trade cam reddish and solo for a ****ing Fortnite player.

It just had to be the ****ing Knicks...

I figured we were trading Cam. I didn’t figure around give him away…

Did the Knicks blackmail him or something because that's the only way how I see this trade be real.

this goes on and on... source: Hawk's reddit

We took hill off their books.
Gave them a 1st round pick via Charlotte that alone might be all they wanted. We have not real slot to play cam unless something shakes. ATL for all we know might not even keep Knox. My sense is they are working on another deal and perhaps they move the pick amd/or Knox's salary as part of a bigger package.

Time will tell.

And same for us! perhaps we kick Reddish and a pick for a higher pick or a player we covet. WE too are now in a roster logjam.
Nalod like Reddish over Knox and the pick, which is protected at 16th is currently 19th now. Perhaps we like 21 year old Reddish than anyone we can pick up?

smackeddog
Member: #883
1/13/2022  3:32 PM
So predictable, I knew this would happen:

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/13/2022  3:32 PM
Steal for the Knicks. Will be interesting to see how he’s used. If he floats between the 3 and 4, Obi may be on the way out in a trade meant to consolidate rotation players.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/13/2022  3:33 PM
foosballnick wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Is cam reddish much better than knox?

Both lower lottery picks both same size both stats close

It’s a wait and see. I’d rather of held out the 1 for a pg

Cam plays defense and can guard 3 positions. He's also had breakout games on offense and has the ability to get to the rim. Knox has only shown proficiency as a spot up 3 point shooter so far. predicting that NY fans are gonna love what Cam brings.

I was wondering about Cam's defense. A quick glance at their D stats doesn't show a whole hell of alot of difference between them. Hopefully Thibs gets more out of Cam than he could out of Knox. He's certainly got more offensive chops.

Wow, Mitch is all that's left from the prior FO regime...

Relatively small sample size but just the eye test for me. In what I've watched from both - their motors are completely different.

That's not saying alot for Cam, given Knox's motor here has been in neutral most of the time. When Knox almost got a steal in garbage time against SanTone, I thought I was going to spit up my dinner.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

1/13/2022  3:37 PM
We gonna trade for Marvin Bagley III next
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
1/13/2022  3:42 PM
blkexec wrote:
TheGame wrote:I have said in a few posts that the Knicks needed a 6-8/6-9 3&D player because RJ was too small to competently guard bigger small forwards. Reddish is 6-8, with a 7-1 wingspan. He is only 22 and is shooting 38% from 3 this year. He is about as close to a perfect fit for what the team needed at SF as we could hope for in a low risk trade. Hopefully Thibbs can get Reddish playing D at a high level. He can take over the tough defensive assignments and allow RJ to play more at SG.

I agree with you in theory or on paper. But out of the normal rotation thibs has developed, who’s sitting? Grimes is a better defender. I think this is either an initial trade to set up a bigger trade down the road. Or just another example of how the FO can turn a wasted pick in knox into someone with a little more potential and possibly increase the chemistry by pairing with RJ. Is Zion in play now? Are they looking to trade EF? Looks like something else needs to happen or Cam will take the same seat as knox.

I agree playing time will be an issue. I really like Grimes, so at some point, the Knicks will need to move Burks or Fournier. I could see the Knicks trading Burks for a 1st round pick. Even if they don’t make a trade, adding Reddish at least gives them a solid defensive SF to plug in when needed, with upside for more.

Trust the Process
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/13/2022  3:42 PM
Good trade for both teams. Leon cleaning all the previous bad air off the roster. Knox was going nowhere here.

Just hope the FO doesn't trade Mitch for anything less than a 1st tier PG, whoever that might be.

Mitch
Randle
Cam
Grimes
RJ

Not a starting lineup, but If Thibs gets Cam's motor and wingspan going defensively, I like that defense. Alot. And Grimes has shown he can distribute on O.

ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
1/13/2022  3:47 PM
I hope we develop him into a starter. To move RJ back to SG would be huge. I also really liked Solomon Hill. He was a major pain in the butt during that Pacer vs. Melo series. I thought we were supposed to always get the short end of the stick in trades lol.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Chandler
Member: #6197

1/13/2022  3:50 PM

I had hoped KK would turn the corner for us but he is a lost soul at the moment. It might be one of those trades where both guys can benefit from a change of scenery but really surprised we did anything with Atlanta/ Also we traded Kentucky guy for Duke guy -- didn't see that coming

All of that said, I think this is a positive and potentially a big win for the Knicks. i suspect Atlanta picked up KK to move him and perhaps they are freeing minutes for Jalen Johnson who played well for them in the summer. My guess is they wanted that first rounder to throw in a package -- Simmons?

i don't know why people are seeing conflict with Grimes, he's been mostly playing 2 i thought, and Cam is a 3 or small 4

(5)(5)
Chandler
Member: #6197

1/13/2022  3:52 PM
Leon would be nuts to trade Mitch unless it was in some package for someone like Ayton.
(5)(5)
Clean
Member: #743
1/13/2022  3:54 PM
The best thing about this is we basically got Cam and Rokus for free. We got who we wanted from the draft anyway and by trading back we got A 1st and 2nd that turned into Cam and Rokus. Wonderful job by the front office.
Woj: Cam Reddish to KNICKS, Knox out

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy